Longest Spin!

threatened2020

Proud Member
Just interested what the longest dance spin Mike has done after 1993. I can't recall any MITM epic ones after this? I once heard that as you get older it makes it much harder to be able to do a fast and coordinated spin dance move. Thoughts?

Just interested what the longest dance spin Mike has done after 1993. I can't recall any MITM epic ones after this? I once heard that as you get older it makes it much harder to be able to do a fast and coordinated spin dance move. Thoughts?
That is a great point. After the Dangerous tour his spins were never the same. They weren't fast anymore and he rarely did multiple spins. I guess there are some spins that he did in WBSS before the mama se mama sa mamakosa part on the HWT and during the ending of earth song on the VMA (I think?) but I can't recall any after that.

Edit: This was the one i was talking about. Its Earth Song from the Brits Awards. I think this was the last great spin that he did

6:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJj3iupbnyk

Last edited:
threatened2020;4312713 said:

Although this is true, in Michael Jackson’s case it appears that this had to do more with the medication that he started to take in 1993 (for battling the stress and emotional pain from the accusations), rather than with his growing age.

Besides, during the HIStory era he was still in his mid/late-thirties (which is not really an old age that would start badly affecting the dancer’s ability for keep doing long, dance spins).

Mikhail Baryshnikov, for example, was 37 years old when he did his legendary, long spin of 11 rotations in the ‘White Nights’ musical film.

mj_frenzy;4312799 said:
Although this is true, in Michael Jackson’s case it appears that this had to do more with the medication that he started to take in 1993 (for battling the stress and emotional pain from the accusations), rather than with his growing age.

Besides, during the HIStory era he was still in his mid/late-thirties (which is not really an old age that would start badly affecting the dancer’s ability for keep doing long, dance spins).

Mikhail Baryshnikov, for example, was 37 years old when he did his legendary, long spin of 11 rotations in the ‘White Nights’ musical film.

A ballet spin is not the same as the spins MJ used to do. They have two very different techniques, executions and results.

I thought the spin before the toe stand in Billie Jean at MSG was quite impressive. Probably one of his last great multiple spins?

Yes, I forgot about that one. I wonder if MITM 2001 had a long spin? Seeing spins in 'This Is It' would have been interesting!

I remember seeing a photo of him doing the spin at the United We Stand concert but I can't find it now.

The spin at the end of WBSS in several History concerts were pretty long, eg Bucharest

I remember seeing a photo of him doing the spin at the United We Stand concert but I can't find it now.

758613.jpeg

I really can not believe no video has leaked from this event. People could film with their mobiles in 2001. - terrible quality, but still...

This concert would be so nice to see. - I really do hope it leaks one day. - Or the TV Station gets allowed to air the entire concert.

I really can not believe no video has leaked from this event. People could film with their mobiles in 2001. - terrible quality, but still...

This concert would be so nice to see. - I really do hope it leaks one day. - Or the TV Station gets allowed to air the entire concert.

Apparently phones with cameras didn't start to become widely available in the US until 2002. And the quality at that point would have rendered recordings at a concert like that totally useless. I filmed some videos from the front row at a concert in 2006 with my phone and the sound is just indecipherable noise and the video is tiny and heavily pixelated. Basically unwatchable to anyone but me.

There are some awesome spins on the History Tour in Scream.

I remember that during the Royal Brunei concert in 1996, he did MITM and did not really spin. During the parts where he would do long spins, he just did a 360 spin and that was really it. I'm not sure if there were any specific songs during the HIStory tour where he would do some long spins like in MITM.

I remember that during the Royal Brunei concert in 1996, he did MITM and did not really spin. During the parts where he would do long spins, he just did a 360 spin and that was really it. I'm not sure if there were any specific songs during the HIStory tour where he would do some long spins like in MITM.
He did multiple spins during Scream.

Back