Luther Vandross

Mahatma

Proud Member
I was curious if anyone here was familiar with Luther's music. He was truly a musical genius. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2005 in the month of July. His music brought a lot of happiness into many people's lives and thought that it'd be nice to post a thread so we could discuss him, his life, and his legacy. He has truly made a great impact in the music industry.

If you haven't ever listened to him, give him a listen! :yes:

I really like Luther's music. Dance With My Father is such a beautiful song. :heart:

i can't say i know too much about him ..but i love his music and voice ...he makes me feel cozy :D

I love Luther..one of the best male vocalists of all time..I just love his voice!!

I got into Luther cos he is my mother and aunts favourite singer.
I love him, he reminds me of my childhood (even though I'm 18 :lol:)

Dance with my father, is such a beautiful, beautiful song as Louise said.
It always makes me :cry:
I love Never Too Much too! And Ain't No Stoppin Us Now.
And his duet with Janet.
My mother always plays his Christmas album too, at Christmas time :D
Mistletoe Jam is a fave of mine off his Christmas album.

It's such a shame he passed away in 2005. And so young :( only 54 wasn't he? I remember my aunt was really upset.

Luther Vandross was an incredible talent. My mother was in love with his music. :)

"A chair is still a chair......even when there's no oooone......sittin' there.."

All he's gotta do is sing about FURNITURE and it get's women pregnant!

Oh man I love Luther

His song "Here and Now" is such a favorite of mine.

I'm so sad that Luther is no longer here, I miss his beautiful voice.

"Dance With My Father" is in my top ten albums of the last ten years. An amazing last piece of work.

I love Luthers music! He's one of my favourite artists. Dance With My Father is one of my favourite songs too :yes: I loved Man In The Mirror at MSG. One of the other artist I've always wanted to see perform live but never got the chance. :(

I loooove Luther! My alltime fave gotta be Never Too Much.....damn that song just doesn't get old.
So little people know it though. Such a shame! :ermm:

I absoloutley love that song! :wub: Another song I love is "So Amazing". It was played at a funeral I attended. :heart:

How could they not know it? It was super popular back in the day. Never Too Much has always been a favorite of mine.

:yes:
Yeah..back in the day, but most people I know nowadays don't know it...only like 'oh yeah they played that song in a club once I guess' or something like that.:doh:

3 memorable Luther performances:

A House Is Not A Home
(Serenading Dionne Warwick at the 1987 NAACP Image Awards):
[youtube]2nOA9Fw8AZI[/youtube]

If Only For One Night
(from Patti's 1985 TV show):
[youtube]6bFnHX2Z1H8[/youtube]

If This World Were Mine (1982)
with Cheryl Lynn
(a completely different remake of Marvin & Tammi's 1967 original):
[youtube]SKYuPCV53nQ[/youtube]

superstar makes me cry but its one of my favorate song "darling you remember you told me you love me baby u said u be coming back this way again" Luther Vandross can remake any body song.

and my other old school favorite is "promise me" a song that Jadakiss sample for all u hiphop heads on here I see y'all haha

I'm late lol, i only discovered this recently, all the voices are great in this video, i love Whitney's reaction to Luther Vandross' vocal effect at 3:17 lol, what is this effect called by the way ? Ok, here you go:

[youtube]EtGF2m102Wg&feature=related[/youtube]

Back