Madonna - intimate Tears of A Clown show

Tony R

Proud Member
Madonna raised $7m for Malawi doing this show last week,surprisingly little press about it, I guess it's because she didn't get her tits out.

Anyway, full show is here & is brilliant (aside from the cringe-worth jokes), brilliant mostly rare setlist including 3 from my favourite (but much maligned 'American Life' album and a great cover of Britney's Toxic.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/artic...ns-it-into-anti-trump-commentary-at-art-basel

Thanks for sharing this Mr R. Gonna watch this tonight. Britney's Toxic in there too. I've got the deluxe edition of Rebel Heart but only listened to it in its entirety once upon its release! Think I'm gonna dig it out and give it a proper listen also. :cool:

^ Enjoy. There is some crap on there admiteddly, but the best tracks are up there with anything she's done.

Notably, Ghosttown (best single for years), Rebel Heart, Devil Pray, Body Shop, Heartbreak City, Living For Love

I really liked Ghosttown, Living For Love and Rebel Heart. I enjoyed that Jonathan Ross special at the time. I love the packaging of the deluxe edition, the way it folds out.

Watched the show, it was completely bonkers, very performance-art (the jokes were mean't to be corny and not funny) and quite unique, for people that didn't quite "get it" her clown character appeared to be a little washed-up downtrodden unfunny slightly depressed sort of sad clown; sad about modern life and politics and money and all sorts. The setlist was quite good but would have loved maybe another classic, something she could have tied into the concept.

If the conceptual asspect of it was lost on a person it could be seen as quite odd, and even knowing that it was about a sad clown of which she used to vent her latest thoughts, it was still a little odd given the flat arty audience.

From listening to her, she had a hand in every asspect (they told her she couldn't have red lamps, but bitch she's Madonna and still had red lamps).

The audience were mostly VIP's and a few lucky fans at the front? From what I gathered there was also an auction of art.

I'm still taking it in and will watch it again at some point. She did a Tears Of A Clown show also in Australia? I'll have to watch that one.

I think the Australia one will be an extra on the Live DVD.

I love that she did American Life and Easy Ride from the same album. I love that song.

I think the Australia one will be an extra on the Live DVD.

I love that she did American Life and Easy Ride from the same album. I love that song.
Brilliant! It deserves a release and will be a perfect extra. You have to admire her constant ability to create something new. She said at one point she found the audience to not be good, can't remember her exact words but they were less flattering lol. I was going to watch an amateur shot version of the Rebel Heart tour on youtube but will hold off for the offical release.

Back