Make That Change!

Hello MJ Family,:wub:

I found this..

The Blog Article:

10108636-girls-inc-campaign.jpg

Girls Inc.

Strong, Smart and Bold:
Empowering Girls for Life..

Picture the world through the eyes of a Girls Inc. girl. She belongs to a community that empowers her to pursue the biggest dreams she can dream. She is uplifted by the strength of a national organization that is committed to inspiring the leaders of tomorrow.

girls_inc.gif

This is how Girls Inc. celebrates girlhood. Join us.

Strong, Smart, and Bold: Empowering Girls for Life, published by Cliff Street Books/Harper Collins in March 2001, is part of the national public education campaign by Girls Inc. to help girls understand, value, and assert their basic rights. This book provides adults with activities, organized by each of the six rights in our Girls' Bill of Rights, to do with girls that help them develop a strong and positive self-identity. The book also contains tips for helping adults break down stereotypical behavior towards girls that prevent them from accessing their rights.

The Source:
http://www.girlsinc.org/index.html

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!:wub::clapping::agree:

always,
MJ TinkerBell:wub::agree:

I found this..I think it's amazing !!:wub::agree:

The Blog Article:

ELB+4color+horizontal-430x165.jpg

The Every Little Bottom Campaign

What is Diaper Need?..

What is Diaper Need? Diaper need is the struggle to provide babies with an essential need - diapers. Some mothers face having to clean out and reuse soiled diapers or have to choose between diapers and other basic needs like food.
Diaper banks are making a difference..With clean, dry diapers, babies are more secure emotionally and physically, moms suffer less stress and importantly, baby hygiene and health are better protected.

What is a diaper bank?

Diaper banks collect, store and help distribute diapers to families suffering financial difficulty. They get diapers through donations, local diaper drives and are able to purchase additional diapers through fundraising.

HUGGIES® is supporting diaper banks
There are simply not enough diaper banks in the U.S.

nymbers.jpg

Diapers Can Change Lives!! Imagine not being able to provide your baby with a clean, dry diaper. Most families don't expect to be in this situation but an unexpected job loss or an illness in the family can create a need for help. Here are two inspiring stories about moms who have been helped by a local diaper bank and how it changed their lives.

The HUGGIES® Every Little Bottom Study Conducted in 2010 in partnership with two leading academics, this milestone study was conducted among 2,500 Moms with babies in diapers in the U.S. and Canada.

Get Involved:
1) Locally Attend your Local Diaper Drive Event
2) Host your own diaper drive.

Send diapers to a Feeding America foodbank or a Diaper Bank in your community.

Donate Diapers Online then Enter Your ZIP Code here:
http://www.huggies.com/en-US/promotions/everylittlebottom/get-involved/diaper-need-events#events

Donate Your Rewards Points HUGGIES® Enjoy the Ride members can donate 16 Rewards Points to help diaper a baby in need for one day.

The Diaper Need Website:http://www.huggies.com/en-US/promotions/everylittlebottom/the-diaper-need

huggies.jpg

The Source:
http://www.huggies.com/en-US/promotions/everylittlebottom?WT.mc_id=HUG_elb_atl

always,
MJ TinkerBell:wub::agree:

Hello MJ Family,

I found this ...They still need Us in Haiti, now more then ever !!

Save Haiti. Save A Life..

save-haiti_design.png

On January 12, 2010 at approximately 5:00 PM (EST), an earthquake of the magnitude of 7.0 rocked the impoverished nation of Haiti. The quakes center was about 10 miles (15 kilometers) west of Haiti's capital of Port-au-Prince. It was the largest earthquake recorded in this area. The Western Hemisphere's poorest country has been devastated multiple times in the past 5 years due to hurricanes and floods. If there was ever a time for a nation to need help and aid, this would be the time. Please help in any shape or form that you can. Help your fellow human beings in their time of great need. Help save a life. Another crisis has hit damage ravaged Haiti, and that is a devestating Kolara outbreak !! Please show you care to people alone and suffering greatly today !!

Donate. Care. Save a Life.

The following organizations are accepting donations via these sites:

• Direct Relief
• Clinton Bush Haiti Fund
• UNICEF (1-800-4UNICEF)
• Red Cross
• World Food Program
• Yele Haiti
• Mercy Corps (1-888-256-1900)
• Save the Children
• Doctors Without Borders
• The International Rescue Committee
• Care
• Meds & Food For Kids
• Feed the Children
• Habitat for Humanity

Hope-for-Haiti-Now.jpg

The Source:
http://savehaiti.com/

The Article:

UN appeals for $164 million to combat Haiti cholera
Associated Press, Updated: November 13, 2010 08:37 IST

haiti-tshirt-logo-425ls012510.jpg

Geneva: The United Nations is asking for $164 million to fight the cholera outbreak in Haiti, which has now claimed 724 lives.

A spokeswoman for the UN humanitarian office says unless the funds are provided "all our efforts can be outrun by the epidemic."

Elisabeth Byrs told reporters in Geneva that UN and non-governmental organizations would use the money to bring in additional doctors, medicines and water purification equipment to treat up to 200,000 people who could be affected by the disease.

She says the disease has so far infected at least 11,125 people in five of Haiti's 10 districts.

Byrs says 10 of the deaths and 278 cases have occurred in the capital Port-au-Prince.

The Source:
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/un-appeals-for-164-million-to-combat-haiti-cholera-66091

always,
MJ TinkerBell

Hello MJ Family, :wub:

I found this..Michael would have loved Tippy more for doing this PSA..:dancin::wub::agree:

The Article:

Tippi Hedren Records Iams Home 4 The Holidays PSA with a FaceBook Interaction..October 24, 2010 by Grace Sydney..

Tippi-Hedren1.jpg

She’s a Hollywood icon known for her love of lions, leopards, lynxes and other exotic animals, but Tippi Hedren’s heart also belongs to the domesticated cousin of big cats. Hitchcock’s former leading lady recently took on the role of spokesperson for an Iams Home 4 The Holidays campaign PSA which puts a cat parent and his purring pal in the spotlight.

Through January 4, 2011, Iams– in partnership with the Helen Woodward Animal Center and 3,500 animal organizations around the world– is on a mission to find forever families for 1.5 million homeless pets. While the happiness of a home will offer sustenance for the soul for the fortunate Fidos and felines who are adopted, Iams will also be providing food for orphaned dogs and cats in animal shelters in need. For the duration of the campaign, for each purchase of specially marked packages of Iams dog or cat food, Iam will donate one bowl of food to a participating animal shelter. Fans of felines can also help Iams reach their goal of providing 5 million bowls of food by clicking the “like” button on Iams Facebook page, or on one of the videos or messages posted. For each “like’ or comment Iams will donate up to 100 meals for homeless pets.

Iams Home 4 the Holidays - TV Public Service Announcement (Cat)
[YOUTUBE]DvfaTLqcdfc[/YOUTUBE]

Iams Home 4 the Holidays - TV Public Service Announcement (Dog)
[YOUTUBE]pylRCR_5UwU[/YOUTUBE]

The Source:
http://www.dogtipper.com/cattipper/2010/10/tippi-hedren-records-iams-home-4-the-holidays-psa.html

always,
MJ TinkerBell..:wub::agree:

I found this The Given Limb Foundation ...They truely still need Us in Haiti Family, now more then ever !!

The Blog Article:

pulitzer-prize-winner-pat-009.jpg

Haiti Needs Prosthetic Limbs..

As a result of the tragic earthquake in Haiti, many people lost limbs, and there is a tremendous and immediate need for prosthetic limbs as well as prosthetists to fit limbs. We have heard from several people asking about limb donations. The St. Vincent’s School for children with disabilities is in need of child sized prosthetic limbs, and there are other orphanages caring for wounded children in the aftermath of the earthquake. If you know of someone with the ability to help, or if you have contact with other groups in Haiti looking for prosthetics, please respond to this blog. Perhaps we can facilitate the direction of funds or aid efforts in this cause.

About Us:

The Given Limb Foundation is a non-profit organization established to help improve the lives of persons with amputations or diminished use of their limbs. The foundation seeks to support amputees throughout the world, from the members of our military who have given limbs in service to our country to victims of land mines in under-developed countries.

To Make A Donation:

The Given Limb Foundation welcomes your tax-deductible contributions! Your donation will be used to help fund our current and future projects to improve the lives of amputees and those with diminished use of their limbs. Since our foundation directors all donate their time, we have no administrative expenses, so your contribution will be put directly to work helping others. If you would like to contribute with a credit card please fill out the form below. Alternatively, you can send a check to:

The Given Limb Foundation
2 Purchase Lane
Rye, New York 10580

The Source:
http://www.givenlimb.org/

100127-haiti-amputee-vmed-930a.grid-4x2-222x300.jpg

The News Article:

HAITI AFTER THE EARTHQUAKE
Haiti survivors stand strong with new prosthetic limbs..BY TRENTON DANIEL
tdaniel@MiamiHerald.com

PORT-AU-PRINCE -- Almost three months after doctors amputated Emmanuelle Lundy's left leg just below the knee, she is making birthday plans, posting upbeat status updates on Facebook, and looking forward to dancing at a big concert later this month.

Another thing she's doing: ignoring the stares of others as she learns to walk again with a prosthetic limb.

``If people look at me in a strange way, well, I feel normal, and people are going to have to look at me in a normal way,'' said Lundy, leaning on crutches. ``It's my leg, even if I have to take it off to shower.''

Lundy, 27, is among 14 amputees who were made somewhat physically whole last week -- and now moving ahead -- after the University of Miami's Project Medishare fitted them with prosthetic limbs at its camp near the Port-au-Prince international airport. Only hours after doctors attached the plastic legs, the amputees began to walk, jog, even kick a soccer ball again. Two days later, they headed home to begin new lives.

``These folks can't believe they were walking in a market and 45 seconds later a building fell on them and they were screaming for help,'' and they've since lost a limb, said UM's Robert Gailey, rehabilitation coordinator of Project Medishare. ``Now, they're able to walk again,'' said Gailey, who lives in Pinecrest.

The UM program aims to provide prosthetic forms -- limbs, sleeves and sockets -- to 1,800 quake survivors over the next year to 18 months.

The artificial legs are in great demand after an estimated 4,000 to 6,000 Haitians lost limbs in the avalanche of debris in the Jan. 12 earthquake and later acquired gangrene-related infections. The 7.0-magnitude quake has been called the worst natural disaster to hit Haiti in modern times, with a death toll exceeding 200,000 and some 1.3 million people displaced. Doctors expect to discover more amputee cases, as well.

LEARNING TO WALK

Hailing from different backgrounds and neighborhoods, three survivors fitted last week could symbolize Haiti -- knocked to its knees but learning how to walk again.

In the tremor's immediate aftermath, the survivors and their relatives spoke about teeth-clenching agony, flies that hewed to their infected legs and a stench that needed to be staunched -- even if that meant amputation. Now, as they sometimes trip, stumble and fall, they speak about a new life that's fortified by faith and family.

``The leg doesn't own me,'' said Wilfrid Macena, 25, a welder who had his right leg cut above the knee and now sports a robotic-like limb.

``I own the leg.''

Macena, Lundy and others seem to ignore a long-standing stigma in Haiti associated with people with disabilities. Before the quake, few resources existed to accommodate Haiti's disabled, and many viewed them as outcasts.

The quake wiped out what facilities did exist, including Port-au-Prince's only full-time prosthetic limb manufacturer and rehabilitation clinic.

Since then, more than a dozen international relief agencies, foundations and private companies have stepped in to take on long-term prosthetic care. That so many nongovernmental organizations have flooded Haiti the past three months underscores the government's inability to offer medical care for the thousands of amputees, much less basic healthcare for the rest of the population.

For its part, Project Medishare is moving its medical facilities to a more centrally located part of the capital to accommodate amputees in need of checkups. Doctors plan to train Haitian workers to become prosthetic technicians.

When Lundy stepped into a tent at the UM camp with her new left leg and crutches recently, she scanned the room.

``What's up, Styles?'' said Adam Finnieston, a South Florida prosthetist and orthotist who is volunteering for Medishare.

``Bonjou,'' she said, with an air of nonchalance.

Lundy showed up to learn how to use her new leg, which had been custom-fitted for her with a portable scanner at the hospital.

As she rested on a cot in the hospital's adult ward that afternoon, Lundy thought over the meaning of her leg, unattached and held aloft. The pain used to be overwhelming; now it's something of an afterthought, and she has come to embrace her new limb with a sense of humor.

``I know for a fact that men are looking for one-legged women -- they are supposedly `faithful,' '' joked Lundy, who has taken a leave from her employer, a cellphone company, and also from her university studies in computer science. ``I'm in demand. I'm making choices.''

It's this sense of humor that helps propel Lundy forward. There's no time for pity parties.

``I don't cry because I'm handicapped,'' she said. ``I'm living a normal life.''

Lundy looks forward to celebrating her 28th birthday Tuesday. She also looks forward to dancing at the first post-quake concert April 30. Her Facebook page -- which has more than 250 friends -- indicates her status: ``New life.''

Doctors say the ability for amputees such as Lundy to begin walking again depends largely on the nature of the injury and the patient's preexisting health and strength. Macena, the soccer player, started walking a mere hours after he was fitted, which doctors attributed to his fit lifestyle. He coached soccer and played goalkeeper before the quake. On a recent Tuesday afternoon, Macena kicked around a soccer ball with his good foot. He wobbled a few times but regained his balance.

``He's beginning to trust the leg,'' said Eric Baum, 22, of Miami Beach, who handles cargo and transport for Medishare.

ROLE MODEL

UM has hired Macena to work as a role model for other newly fitted amputees.

The homecomings for Macena, Lundy and a little girl brought applause from relatives and curiosity from neighbors.

Five-year-old Charlonie Veillard lost her left leg as she followed her older cousin, Sanaille, to buy salt and the supermarket ceiling fell. Sanaille dug through the rubble to rescue Charlonie.

When Charlonie's uncle brought her home Wednesday, the neighborhood stopped what it was doing: Kids huddled around the front porch to peek at Charlonie. They knew doctors had amputated her leg.

``How's Charlonie?'' inquired a neighbor, standing next to the tent where Charlonie and her family sleep.

Dinaus Joseph beamed as the little girl used a walker to waddle into the house: ``She's walking!'' he said.

haiti1.jpg

View the Videos of these Children and heart warming sucess stories !

•Prosthetics in Haiti | Charlonie Veillard
Five-year-old Charlonie Veillard returns to school for the first time since the earthquake. CARL JUSTE/ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

•Prosthetics in Haiti | Emmanuelle Lundy
Emmanuelle Lundy is back home at her uncle's home. She is thankful for her new prosthetic limb and looks forward to getting back to work. CARL JUSTE/ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

•Prosthetics in Haiti | Wilfred Macena
Wilfred Macena, right, has therapy with Dr. Bob Gaily, center, after being fitted with a new prosthetic limb. Emmanuelle Lundy, left, and Mike Corcoran, look on. CARL JUSTE/ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

•Prosthetics in Haiti | Marie Charnita
Marie Charnita St. Sauveur, center, is helped by Adam Finnieston, left, of Miami as she walks with help of a cane with her new prosthetic leg. St. Sauveur, 23, got a new prosthetic limb with the help of University of Miami's professor Dr. Gaily. St. Sauveur lost four family members, and her sister, a twin, lost a leg and has a bad foot. CARL JUSTE/ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

•Prosthetics in Haiti | Saintphare Jean
Saintphare Jean, 24, is carried over the rock pathway as prior to getting fitted with a new prosthetic leg with the help of University of Miami's professor Dr. Bob Gaily. CARL JUSTE/ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

ss-100507-schneily-update600.jpg

The Source:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/v-fullstory/1580163/haiti-survivors-stand-strong-with.html

23-image-haitiamputees-2-8-10.jpg

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!

MJ TinkerBell..:wub::angel::agree:

Hey people..
I'm a 16 years old girl. I don't have a job or have a lot of money, so I need to wait till I am adult enough to take care of myself and make lots of money before I can help children all over the world..
I really want to be Altruism, by taking the first step..
I would like to start by giving many gifts as I can to my cousins..

But what else can I do?
I buy gifts to my two best friends too..

Please tell me..
I want to become a greater person like Michael.

MUCH L.O.V.E. :heart:

Hey people..
I'm a 16 years old girl. I don't have a job or have a lot of money, so I need to wait till I am adult enough to take care of myself and make lots of money before I can help children all over the world..

But what else can I do?

Please tell me..

Hello. :waving:
That is beautiful. Your plans are truely inspiring and will help those in need in the future..you are perparing now. I,myself, Thank You from many miles and/or countires away.
Wonderful! :flowers:

You don't always need money to help this world out and the people and everything in it. By you sharing Michael Jackson's art with your family & friends is perhaps a bigger step towards healing the world more than you may know. By doing so - you are helping more people know Michael's message and this inspires others to do their part. It is sometimes as simple as this. It starts with us. Each individual taking a look in the mirror and making that change,no matter which considerable amount, what one does 'positively' in essence in the vast amount. One could plant a tree in their yard - One could help their little sister or brother with something - One could just say they are "sorry" for something they did wrong,and learn from it on both ends - and that right there changes the world. It really does. We are all one living together on Mother Earth and these simple gestures and acts of love and positivity starts a domino effect of goodness and kindness. These are the rewards - strengths, plain and simple that help build the foundation to Make That Change! So since I believe in you and know that you know this you are already on the path to goodness. By the time that you are 'old enough' and have your job/career, your heart will lead you solidly to which cause you choose, in which it seems you have already planned your seed,right?
As we say - "Keep Michaeling" :heart:
Thank You.

:wub:
souldreamer7
MJJC Legacy Team Project Staff

Hello:agree:MJ Family,:wub:

I found this Cottage Dreams ...They truely are HEALING
Families in their way as they fight against Cancer
!!

cottage-dreams2.jpg

Cottage Dreams .. A Cancer Recovery Initiative..

Cottage Dreams Cancer Recovery Initiative is a registered charity that offers recent cancer survivors the opportunity to spend a week at a private, donated cottage to reconnect and rejuvenate with family and friends after successfully completing treatment.
For over a century, Canadian families have been finding peace, tranquility and inspiration in cottage country. Cottage Dreams was created with this in mind.

About Cottage Dreams :

The impact of giving families a break from everyday routines, free time to enjoy one another in a relaxed, fun and quiet place is great for healthy families but when someone you love has been diagnosed and treated for cancer, this time to celebrate the end of treatment is like no other vacation they will take together.
As a result of her own mother's breast cancer diagnosis, life-long cottager Seana O'Neill decided that she would like to share her Haliburton, Ontario cottage with those who would not otherwise have the opportunity to get away. She was inspired to invite cancer survivors to visit her cottage when she was not there and thought other cottager owners would do the same if given the opportunity. The response to the idea was immediate, passionate and sparked the creation of Cottage Dreams, a one-of-a-kind registered charity that provides time away at a donated cottage to bring cancer survivors and their families together to reflect upon and celebrate recovery at the cottage. In September 2003, Cottage Dreams placed its first 6 cancer survivors into donated cottages in some of Ontario's most beautiful recreational destinations. In 2010, 300 families participated.

Since 2003, this unique cottage lending program has grown to include hundreds of donated cottages from across Ontario has offered cottages to over 1000 families.

Donated Cottage Views (Actual Photos)

4871907601_58b6c8c952.jpg

oneill7_l.jpg

cottage.preview.jpg

Cottage%20(new).jpg

Cottage Dreams Cancer Recovery Initiative is a registered charity that offers recent cancer survivors the opportunity to spend a week at a private, donated cottage to reconnect and rejuvenate with family and friends after successfully completing treatment.
For over a century, Canadian families have been finding peace, tranquility and inspiration in cottage country. Cottage Dreams was created with this in mind.

The Source:
http://www.cottagedreams.org/index.htm

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!

MJ TinkerBell..:wub::angel::agree:

I found this the United Nations World Food Programme ...They truely need US !!:angel:

world-food-programme-logo.jpg

Fighting Hunger Worldwide
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.

In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed, we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.

WFP_school_feeding.jpg

WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded.

Born in 1962, WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. We work towards that vision with our sister UN agencies in Rome -- the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) -- as well as other government, UN and NGO partners.

wfp.jpg

In 2010 we aim to reach more than 90 million people with food assistance in more than 70 countries. Around 10,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor. Download Annual Report

hunger.jpg

To learn more, watch the video outlining our mission, read our Mission Statement or browse our Policy Resources section.

22wat-mule7.jpg

The Source:
http://www.wfp.org/

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!:clapping::wub::clapping:

MJ TinkerBell.. :wub::agree::wub:

Originally Posted by *Little Suzie*
Hey people..

But what else can I do?

Please tell me..

Hello. :waving:
That is beautiful. Your plans are truely inspiring and will help those in need in the future..you are perparing now. I,myself, Thank You from many miles and/or countires away.
Wonderful! :flowers:

You don't always need money to help this world out and the people and everything in it. By you sharing Michael Jackson's art with your family & friends is perhaps a bigger step towards healing the world more than you may know. By doing so - you are helping more people know Michael's message and this inspires others to do their part. It is sometimes as simple as this. It starts with us. Each individual taking a look in the mirror and making that change,no matter which considerable amount, what one does 'positively' in essence in the vast amount. One could plant a tree in their yard - One could help their little sister or brother with something - One could just say they are "sorry" for something they did wrong,and learn from it on both ends - and that right there changes the world. It really does. We are all one living together on Mother Earth and these simple gestures and acts of love and positivity starts a domino effect of goodness and kindness. These are the rewards - strengths, plain and simple that help build the foundation to Make That Change! So since I believe in you and know that you know this you are already on the path to goodness. By the time that you are 'old enough' and have your job/career, your heart will lead you solidly to which cause you choose, in which it seems you have already planned your seed,right?
As we say - "Keep Michaeling" :heart:
Thank You.

:wub:
souldreamer7
MJJC Legacy Team Project Staff

Beautiful plans Little Suzie and beautifully stated souldreamer7. I don't need to add anything to what souldreamer7 said. :better::wub:

Hello MJ Family, :wub::agree:

I found these regarding Breakfast Programs for Hungry Children in the United States and Canada !!
They always need our L.O.V.E and Support
!! :clapping::angel:

breakfast.jpg

About The School Breakfast Program - In United States

Child Nutrition Programs:The Child Nutrition Programs provide healthy, nutritious meals and snacks to the Nation’s children. Through the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program, school children have access to healthy meals. Through the Special Milk Program, school children who do not have access to other meal programs can supplement their day with a serving of milk. Contact your local school officials or your Child Nutrition state agency to find out if your school participates in the USDA school meals programs.

Through the Child and Adult Care Food Program, children in child care settings have access to healthy meals and snacks. Day care centers and home day care providers can participate in the programs.
Through the Summer Food Service Program, children are provided healthy meals during those times when school is closed for the summer.

got-breakfast.jpg

The Source:
http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/breakfast/

Toonies_Tummy_feb18.gif

About The Breakfast for Learning Program - In Canada

The Grocery Foundation is proud to support Breakfast for Learning, a leading, national non-profit organization solely dedicated to child nutrition programs in Canada. Breakfast for Learning’s vision is to ensure that every child in Canada attends school well nourished and ready to learn.

milk_school.jpg

The money we raise helps Breakfast for Learning to provide:
Nutrition grants that allow programs to obtain food, equipment and staff required to meet the needs of their school community
Child nutrition education resources and tools to help raise awareness and educate communities about proper nutrition
Research to support the vital link between child nutrition and learning
A strong voice for child nutrition that advocates for national meal program in Canada and quality nutrition in schools. Last year, over 46 million meals and snacks were served to more than 267,000 children and youth.

Through feeding hungry children we also nurture strong minds and provide students with the best chance of success possible.

istock_000000838373xsmall1.jpg

The Source:
http://groceryfoundation.com/support/breakfast-for-learning/

bc_200.gif

The Breakfast Club for Kids Website (In Canada):
http://www.humanleague.on.ca/nutrition.htm#breakfast_club

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!:wub::agree:

MJ TinkerBell.. :wub::agree:

I found this regarding a Non-Profit Music School that helps under-priviledged Youths !! Michael would have loved this Program !!:wub::angel::clapping:

joms-color-600-pixels-wide3.jpg

The Joy of Music School

Our mission is to provide quality music education programs for financially disadvantaged youth. The Joy of Music School (JoMS) provides instruments, private lessons, classes, music supplies and instruments at no cost to under-resourced children. All private lessons are taught by a volunteer music faculty. The School is volunteer driven, and celebrates the eclectic and vibrant musical legacy of the region.

Joy_Music_School.jpg

The Joy of Music School was founded in 1998 by Mr. James Dick upon the belief that all young people should have the opportunity to experience and create music regardless of socioeconomic status.

092910cnboyd_t607.jpeg

The Source:
http://joyofmusicschool.wordpress.com/about/

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!:wub::angel::wub:

MJ TinkerBell..:wub::clapping:

I found this Non-Profit Foundation dedicated to building better lives for hearing-impaired people around the world!!
Michael would have loved this Program !!:wub::angel::clapping:

kidhearing.jpg

The Starkey Hearing Foundation

14.jpg

Our Mission:

Change the social consciousness of hearing and hearing matters through education and research while providing the gift of hearing to those in need around the world.

Note from the Founder

“It’s important for us to help the children because they’re the future of the world – and if we neglect the children, we diminish our future. This is a very special thing we do for the children. It is something from which they’ll always remember us. Our reward is in the faces and smiles of each person as we help them hear again. This is the best work we could ever do because it’s helping people… and that’s what life is all about. We truly live through what we give – we live on into the future through our gifts back into our community and to humanity.”

The Foundation

In 1984, the Starkey Hearing Foundation started with a simple premise: "Alone we can't do much. But, together we can change the world." With “So the World May Hear” as his goal, Starkey Hearing Foundation founder William F. Austin built an organization upon this vision Today the Foundation is sustained by the efforts of thousands of volunteers and donors around the world. Your support allows us to deliver more than 50,000 hearing aids annually through more than 100 hearing missions a year in countries stretching from the U.S. to Vietnam In addition to giving the gift of hearing, the Foundation promotes hearing health awareness while supporting research and education. Best of all, it’s easy for you to share in this life-changing experience because every dollar and every hour you contribute helps. Whether you participate by promoting hearing conservation or help make a hearing mission possible through a donation, you help give the Gift of Hearing.

The Blog Article:

marlee.jpg

Marlee Matlin Takes Hearing Aids To African Children..
March 18, 2011

Pros-For-_Africa-3-31-11-1.jpg

Deaf actress Marlee Matlin was in Africa this week to help the Starkey Hearing Foundation build better lives for the hearing impaired by providing hearing instruments to those in need.

Along with a number of football stars, Marlee has embarked on a 24-day mission to Africa to deliver more than 22,000 state-of-art hearing devices to children and adults across the continent.

“I have been a friend and supporter of the Starkey Hearing Foundation for about eight years now and believe whole-heartedly in their work to bring the gift of hearing to those who would normally not have access to this level of hearing care, which is essential for one to realize their true and full potential,” said Marlee Matlin. “I have participated in previous hearing missions, and look forward to joining them on this second trip to Africa where there is such a great need for what Starkey is doing.”

1011104starkey1.jpg

Football stars – “PROS FOR AFRICA” – participating in the hearing mission to Africa include Larry Fitzgerald Jr. (Arizona Cardinals), Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings), brothers Vernon Davis (San Francisco 49ers), and Vontae Davis (Miami Dolphins), Roy Williams (Cincinnati Bengals), Bryant McKinnie (Minnesota Vikings), Tommie Harris (former Chicago Bears), Gerald McCoy (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Derrick Morgan (Tennessee Titans), and Santonio Holmes (New York Jets).

“The Starkey Hearing Foundation’s mission is to bring the gift of hearing to those in need that they may be able to realize their full potential,” said Bill Austin, Starkey Hearing Foundation. “We thank PROS FOR AFRICA, Marlee Matlin, and our sponsors and partners in helping to realize this year’s mission to Africa where we can make a tremendous difference in a child’s quality of life and future just by opening them up to a new world of sound.”

The Starkey Hearing Foundation’s Africa Hearing Mission is one of dozens of missions conducted each year both domestically and internationally. All missions include the distribution of hearing aids and batteries,custom fittings, audio testing, and counseling on how to care for the devices. This is the Foundation’s second mission to Africa in two years. In 2010, the Starkey Hearing Foundation Africa Mission spanned 30 days and covered 14 cities across five countries including Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Tanzania, and Mozambique.

The Starkey Hearing Foundation is striving to change the social consciousness of hearing and hearing loss prevention. Hearing loss affects one in 10 Americans, and 63 million children worldwide, yet many do not have access to the hearing devices that can help correct that disability. Each year, the Foundation delivers more than 100,000 hearing aids through hearing missions in countries stretching from the U.S. to Vietnam. Since 2000, the Foundation has supplied nearly 500,000 hearing aids to people in need and is striving to achieve its goal of distributing over one million free hearing aids in this decade.

The Blog Source:
http://www.looktothestars.org/news/5976-marlee-matlin-takes-hearing-aids-to-african-children
The Starkey Hearing Foundation Website (US):
http://www.starkeyhearingfoundation.org/
The Starkey Hearing Foundation Website (CAN):
http://www.starkeycanada.ca/corporate/about-us/hearing-foundation

Make That Change !! Let it begin with YOU and ME !!:wub::angel::wub:

MJ TinkerBell..:wub::clapping:

Sounds like a great idea. When I look at the list of charities Michael supported I can certainly add one or two more to my list :)

Hello MJ Family :wub::agree:

I found this regarding an initiative to save the children of Africa !! I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !! :clapping::angel:

The Blog Article

tumblr_lltqkdwOF71qkxa4ao1_500.jpg

Drought in Kenya...07/26/2011

image.jpg

According to the BBC News (2011) at least 6 of 10,000 children are dying daily to starvation in East Africa.

The United Nations has officially declared a drought in the horn of Africa. The drought is the worst in 60 years. Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia are the predominant three countries affected. The individuals most affected are the orphans that depend on caregivers and supported schools for food. Our field representatives are reporting a rise in the cost of food and fuel, which is forcing schools to close due to the lack of food. With no food in schools, many orphans face starvation. Currently, over 300 children are immediately affected at our supported schools in Nairobi and Namanga: the Cornerstone Academies, Little Rock and Noosikitook. Teachers are taking 40% pay cuts, reducing their salaries to $112-75 per month, with more than 75% of their income paying for shelter.

“If the government does not intervene to bring down food cost, many children may suffer malnutrition.”

tumblr_llqh491CfM1qkxa4ao1_500.jpg

You can help!

Your contribution of $30 can help feed a child for a month. That’s less than what is spent on one cup of coffee per day(that's one dollar per day).

tumblr_l8hthcojpC1qbs47oo1_500.jpg

Give today… and preserve a child’s life for tomorrow

2ivehw9.jpg

The Source;
http://www.saveafricaschildren.org/

MJ TinkerBell..:angel::wub::agree:

THANK YOU, for The Legacy Project! Absolutely wonderful. And it's not just about donating $ to worthy causes, either, although that is terrific. It's more about a way of BEING, and changing the world one person at a time. The change starts with us! Each one of us, from the inside, emanating out to our families, friends, neighbors, communities. And each person has different things to change about ourselves, we just need to look inside and figure out what those are, and resolve to change them. In the meantime, we can act to make plenty of changes and awareness in our communities, on a regular basis. Don't just SAY your'e gonna do it; DO IT, dangit!

So yes congrats on this project.

:ciao::angel::flowers::wub::angel::ciao: ALL FOR L.O.V.E

THANK YOU, for The Legacy Project! Absolutely wonderful. And it's not just about donating $ to worthy causes, either, although that is terrific. It's more about a way of BEING, and changing the world one person at a time. The change starts with us! Each one of us, from the inside, emanating out to our families, friends, neighbors, communities. And each person has different things to change about ourselves, we just need to look inside and figure out what those are, and resolve to change them. In the meantime, we can act to make plenty of changes and awareness in our communities, on a regular basis. Don't just SAY your'e gonna do it; DO IT, dangit!

So yes congrats on this project.

Hello :ciao:MJ Family :wub::agree:

I found this regarding an initiative to improve the quality of some very special children !! I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !! :clapping::angel:

The Blog Article

logo_new.jpg

'The Hidden Angel Foundation'

jacob-et-fibres-2-500x400.jpg

The Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation’s mission is to enrich the lives, health, and social well-being of people with cognitive, emotional, and physical challenges through the use of Multi Sensory Environments (MSE). Their focus is on the design, development, implementation and education of Multi Sensory Environments with the aim to enable productivity, inclusion, independence, and self-determination.

Providing Multi Sensory Environments can improve the health and quality of life of individuals with disabilities by improving brain activity. Yet these individuals do not have ready access to therapeutic recreation and/or sensory stimulation in North America. A private struggle to give a person with disabilities what he or she needs is also a very public battle across the USA and Canada.

Our approach is based on well-documented studies of neurological cognition and emotional development. We offer advisory and financial support for the establishment of integrated, publicly accessible Multi Sensory facilities and for basic research and education.

The Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation worked with abc’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition to create a multi sensory environment for an amazing family.

The Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation was created in honor and recognition of Christopher Douglas Fornes and Joyce Baye.

Due to disabilities, Christopher and many children like him can never fully enjoy the many activities taken for granted by most children. Nor are they provided the positive stimulation that can improve their health, learning, and enhance their quality of life. Christopher’s progressive neurological regression diminished his mental and physical abilities, yet with courage and determination he lived a purposeful life.

Chrisplaque2.jpg

Christopher was able to reach out and teach people things that no human soul could. He was magical and worked many miracles on earth and that is why we always thought of him as a hidden angel. He taught us the true meaning of “life”. And we know that from the Heavens Chris continues his magic, creating miracles far beyond his earthly work.

The foundation was also created in memory of Joyce Baye, a saint at heart and Christopher’s grandmother, who spent much of her short life caring for the elderly and fighting the system to improve their quality of life. Due to her early death at 48 she never physically met Christopher, but her inspiration lives on.

Through Christopher and Joyce, our appreciation for the value of sensory stimulation evolved. Joyce intuitively understood that the lives of the elderly were enriched by providing sensory stimulation through varying daily experience. And we experienced firsthand the joy Christopher found from various sensory experiences such as simple balmy breeze and circulating fan to flashing lights and pop music. (Michael Jackson perhaps..)

Baycrest-Apotex-300x225.jpg

"To date The Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation, USA and Canada, has funded and built over 40 Multi Sensory Environments from Miami, Florida to Portland, Oregon and from Bay of Islands, Newfoundland to Calgary, Alberta."

[YOUTUBE]BPYZ9I6Yqm0[/YOUTUBE]

If you know anyone that could benefit from this amazing initiative of LOVE..
Please follow the Link below for more information..

The Source;
http://cdhaf.org/

MJ TinkerBell..:angel::wub::agree:

Hello :ciao:MJ Family

I found this regarding an initiative to improve the quality of life in a smile for some very special children !! I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!

The Blog Article

cropped-Operation-Smile.jpg

Operation_smile.jpg.w300h206.jpg

Who We Are: Children’s Charity

Operation Smile is an international children's medical charity that heals children's smiles, forever changing their lives.

operation_smile_pm-thumb-270x270.jpeg

As a children’s charity, we measure ourselves by the joy we see on all of the faces we help. At Operation Smile, we're more than a charity. More than an NGO. We're a mobilized force of medical professionals and caring hearts who provide safe, effective reconstructive surgery for children born with facial deformities such as cleft lip and cleft palate.

dinho_ouro_9.jpg

Every three minutes a child is born with a cleft — often unable to eat, speak, socialize or smile. In some places these children are shunned and rejected. And in too many cases, their parents can't afford to give them the surgeries they need to live a normal life.

OS-pic.jpg

That's where we come in as an international charity providing much needed surgical services. Since 1982, Operation Smile — through the help of dedicated medical volunteers — has provided more than 2 million patient evaluations and over 200,000 free surgeries for children and young adults born with cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities.

Operation%20Smile%20Child.jpg

As one of the most prominent children’s charities in the world and with a presence in over 60 countries, we are able to heal children’s smiles and bring hope for a better future.

OperationSmile-300x210.jpg

Thanks to the generosity and spirit of volunteerism shown by our supporters, we heal thousands of children per year. With your help, how many lives can we change tomorrow?

0109opsmile4.jpg

U.S. Chapters

Our chapters throughout the United States are making great strides in expanding our reach to help more children worldwide.

Operation Smile Carolinas, Greensboro
Operation Smile Colorado, Denver
Operation Smile Iowa, Iowa City
Operation Smile Louisiana, Metairie
Operation Smile Michigan, Grand Rapids
Operation Smile Southeast Michigan, Detroit
Operation Smile New Jersey, Morristown
Operation Smile Ohio, Cincinnati
Operation Smile Tennessee, Nashville
Operation Smile Utah, Salt Lake City
Operation Smile Washington, Seattle

If you are interested in starting a new Operation Smile Chapter in your area please review the Operation Smile U.S. Chapter Guidelines and contact us for details.
Canada

Operation Smile Canada Foundation is a registered corporation in Canada and has applied for Charitable Registration with the Canada Revenue Agency as of July, 2011. Pending approval of charitable registration, all donations received this calendar year will be tax deductible and provided with a receipt in January of 2013. For more information, please contact Donor Services at 1-888-677-6453. We appreciate your commitment to helping children around the world who are needlessly suffering from facial deformities.

1-888-OPSMILE (888-677-6453)
Address: PO Box 247 Station Main • Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2G9 • CANADA
Help Now

A life-changing surgery takes as little as 45 minutes.
Read more about these missions.

invitation_2011even_front-733x1024.jpg

The Source:
http://www.operationsmile.org/

MJ TinkerBell:heart::pray::heart:

I found this regarding another initiative to improve the quality of life in a smile for some very special children !! I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!

The Blog Article

Smile_Train-logo.png

Our Vision & Mission

Every child born with a cleft anywhere in the world has the opportunity to live a full, productive life.

Clefts are a major problem in developing countries where there are millions of children who are suffering with unrepaired clefts. Most cannot eat or speak properly. Aren't allowed to attend school or hold a job. And face very difficult lives filled with shame and isolation, pain and heartache. Their clefts usually go untreated because they are poor – too poor to pay for a simple surgery that has been around for decades.

shiva-large-version2.jpg

smiletrain_smilepinki_screenshot.jpg

[youtube]CamEXQ8x72c[/youtube]

[youtube]UDIOmMU2in0[/youtube]

[youtube]h2zVDpymyzM[/youtube]

The Source:
http://www.smiletrain.org/

I found this regarding another initiative to improve the quality of life in a smile for some very special children !! I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!

The Blog Article

hph4-how-we-help-children.jpg

Our Vision & Mission

How Help the Children Started

Roger Presgrove served as the Director of Operations for World Opportunities International (WOI), a humanitarian relief organization located in Hollywood, California for seven years. In 1998, Roger Presgrove left WOI to establish Children’s Network International.

In 2005, World Opportunities International/Help the Children President and Chairman of the Board contacted Roger Presgrove and asked him to take over the Help the Children programs because they were closing their doors, in which Mr. Presgrove said he would consider it an honor to take over the programs.

In 2007, Mr. Presgrove along with the Board of Directors, decided to change the name of Children’s Network International to Help the Children. It is our belief that this name states what we do more precisely and for that reason we changed our name Children’s Network International to Help the Children. Help the Children has been serving children and their families in need in the United States and around the world for more than 13 years and has provided more than $700,000,000 of relief supplies to 12 states and 52 countries.

Help the Children exists to provide Gods love and compassion through its programs by providing food, clothing, personal hygiene items, over the counter medicines and medical outreaches to third world countries.

hph4-how-you-can-help.jpg

hph4-hunger-in-our-world.jpg

[youtube]Eb4UVCRIqp0[/youtube]

[youtube]D4AP1CZf29I[/youtube]

[youtube]TwxDWwZJpss[/youtube]

Help the Children Santa Clarita is going strong.

Help the Children Santa Clarita: To all those interested in joining the cause, thank you for the many inquiries about Help the Children and the programs and services we offer needy people here in the United States and abroad. You've all raised very good questions and we are proud to provide the answers for you. We accept used items, in good condition, such as clothing, toys, etc., then we provide them to others. Help the Children is a humanitarian relief organization and we are most proud of being a conduit for providing clothing, toys, medical supplies, food, and information to anyone who is in need. Your donations are very important and we take that seriously. We distribute donated items to people in the United States and abroad and we will never sell any items for any reason. You can be sure that Help the Children will deliver your donations to the people who are need. Since 1998, thanks to the generosity of people like you, Help The Children has provided more than:

$500,000,000 of life saving humanitarian supplies
165,000,000 pounds of food
100 containers of medical equipment, medicines and personal hygiene
3 million articles of clothing
3 million textbooks around the world
50 free medical and dental outreaches to third world countries

Please feel free to contact us at the information below. We sincerely thank you and we hope to partner with you in providing relief to the needy people around the world.

Sincerely,
Roger Presgrove President

Help the Children (888) 818-GIVE (4483)

The Source:
http://www.helpthechildren.org/

I found this in the Forum regarding another initiative to improve the quality of life for some very special children in Montreal Canada with Cirque !! PurpleParrott is also updating this Project !!:clapping: I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!

PurpleParrott;3412059 said:
Hi again,

So, we never stop :) Our WALK FOR LUPUS ended and we started another project, and this one will be HUGE!!

Jackson Québec Facebook group (MJ Fans in the province of Quebec, Canada) will do AN ENTIRE YEAR of raising for an organism that helps kids called "Opération Enfant Soleil" (could be transletd as "Operation Sun Kids" or something like that!)

Opération Enfant Soleil has been helping sick kids in the province for 25 years now. It is the most important organism in the whole province and everybody here knows about this organisation. Every year on TV, they do a "telethon" that raises millions of $$ each year (2011's Telethon raised 17,221,000$!!!!)
The money goes to main kids hospitals in the province so they can buy kids size furniture, high tech machines to heal the kids and other material hospital desperatly needs to heal and cure sick kids.

So, for the first year and for the 25th Telethon that will take place on June 2012, Jackson Québec and all the fans will be doing activities and raising money to give to Opération Enfant Soleil.

We do have a signed contract with Opération Enfant Soleil for the whole year so it's all legit and all for L.O.V.E.!

We already started raising money! Promotionnal items from Opération Enfant Soleil are being sold, we recieved our first order on Tuesday and on Wednesday half of it was already sold, so I had to send a second order right away to get more promo items!!!

We also asked the fans who'll be there at our Drill routine performance and at the Worldcry on June 25th to bring their 0.01$ they'll have collected to the event, it may sound little, but you could be surprised at how much we can raise with just 0.01$ people keep!

We already have couple of other activities we're working on and they'll be publicised as soon has everything is well planned.

Since we got almost 2000$ with the WALK FOR LUPUS event in a month and a half.. We think we could get between 5000$ and 10 000$ (who knows!!) for Opération Enfant Soleil from June 2011 to June 2012!

This will be a LOT of work, on a long term basis, a whole year of working hard for the group and the fans to raise as much as we can to help those kids and help Opération Enfant Soleil helping them!

For those who cannot come to the activities, there is always the possibility to send donations via Paypal at:

jacksonquebec@hotmail.com

We've already recieved donation through Paypal from Montréal Canada and Sweden! <3

So who's in!?
:D I'll keep you updated with the different activities and amount raised!
All for the Kids, for Love and for Michael !!

Here is the Facebook event page for it! :D
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191857824194921
and here is Opération Enfant Soleil website!
http://www.operationenfantsoleil.ca/index.php/en

I found this in the regarding another initiative to improve the quality of life for some very special children with AIDS !!I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!:heart::pray::heart:
:bow:

c2ai783.jpg

The Hope for AIDS Orphans Blog:

ph_grid7_7654_28909.jpg

Pray With Us and Help Give Hope to AIDS Orphans

14,800,000* African children are struggling to survive without their parents. These children need hope now - and they need to know that God still loves and cares for them.
Be one of the first 1,000 to stand with us and pray for these vulnerable children orphaned by AIDS. To acknowledge your decision to pray, please add your photo and prayer to our Angel of Hope mosaic.

How Cross International is making an impact

Every seven seconds, a child dies from a hunger-related cause. There are 925 million people in the world who don&#8217;t have enough food for their basic health and survival, and they are desperate for someone to help them. Cross International works in partnership with churches and Christian ministries around the world to boost agriculture so the poor can better feed their children. We&#8217;re helping our ministry partners provide land, seeds, tools, training and irrigation to poor families so their farms will be more productive. Working together in Christ, we can help his kingdom bear plenty of fruit for the needy.

[youtube]8OmByIQtH1Q[/youtube]

The Source:
http://www.hopeforaidsorphans.com/

:pray::heart::pray:

I found this in the regarding another initiative to improve the quality of life for some Homeless Veterans and people in America !!I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!:heart::pray::heart:
:bow:

The Blog:

alliance_logo_690wide.gif

The National Alliance to End Homelessness..

About Us

The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a nonprofit, non-partisan, organization committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States. By improving policy, building capacity, and educating opinion leaders, the Alliance has become a leading voice on this issue.
The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a leading voice on the issue of homelessness. The Alliance analyzes policy and develops pragmatic, cost-effective policy solutions. The Alliance works collaboratively with the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to build state and local capacity, leading to stronger programs and policies that help communities achieve their goal of ending homelessness. We provide data and research to policymakers and elected officials in order to inform policy debates and educate the public and opinion leader nationwide.

Our History

In 1983, a group of concerned leaders founded the National Citizens Committee for Food and Shelter to help meet the emergency needs of a growing population of homeless people across the country.

By 1987, it was clear that despite the Committee&#8217;s success, homelessness had taken root for a number of systematic reasons, and a &#8220;hot and a cot&#8221; were not going to end the problem. At that time, the organization became known as the National Alliance to End Homelessness.

The Alliance grew from a federation of more than 2,000 providers and public agencies to a current network of over 10,000 partners, making the Alliance the largest partnership dedicated to ending homelessness.

From 2003 to 2007, the Alliance expanded its organizational capacity considerably in the areas of policy, capacity building, education, and research. And the results of efforts by the Alliance and others have been palpable. Between 2005 and 2007, homelessness decreased by 10 percent due to changes in federal and local policy, improved education of the public and policymakers, and increased capacity of communities to implement best practices.

Today, with the help of federal leadership and local activism, the Alliance aims to continue on its journey to end homelessness once and for all in America.

[youtube][/youtube]

Secretary's Award for Outstanding Achievement in Service for Homeless Veterans 8 MAR 2012

The Department of Veterans Affairs is awarding the Secretary's Award for Outstanding Achievement in Service for Homeless Veterans.

The goal of the award is to recognize outstanding achievement of individuals of organizations that provide exceptional service to homeless veterans. Materials necessary to nominate individuals or organizations.

Nominations are due by April 9, 2012. For more information about this award, please contact Robert Figueroa at 202-461-1942 or Robert.Figueroa@va.gov.

Address:
National Alliance to End Homelessness
1518 K Street NW, Suite 410, Washington, DC 20005
(Tel) 202.638.1526 (Fax) 202.638.4664

The Homelessness Resource Centre
Learn, Connect, Share..For more Information and Resources on Homelessness in the USA.
http://www.nrchmi.samhsa.gov/organization/national-alliance-to-end-homelessness-124.aspx

The Source:
http://www.endhomelessness.org/

I found this in the regarding another initiative to improve the quality of life for some Homeless Veterans and people in America !!I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!
:heart::pray::heart:

homelessveteran.jpg

The Blog:

alliance_logo_690wide.gif

The National Alliance to End Homelessness..

About Us

The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a nonprofit, non-partisan, organization committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States. By improving policy, building capacity, and educating opinion leaders, the Alliance has become a leading voice on this issue.
The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a leading voice on the issue of homelessness. The Alliance analyzes policy and develops pragmatic, cost-effective policy solutions. The Alliance works collaboratively with the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to build state and local capacity, leading to stronger programs and policies that help communities achieve their goal of ending homelessness. We provide data and research to policymakers and elected officials in order to inform policy debates and educate the public and opinion leader nationwide.

homeless20private.png

Our History

In 1983, a group of concerned leaders founded the National Citizens Committee for Food and Shelter to help meet the emergency needs of a growing population of homeless people across the country.

By 1987, it was clear that despite the Committee&#8217;s success, homelessness had taken root for a number of systematic reasons, and a &#8220;hot and a cot&#8221; were not going to end the problem. At that time, the organization became known as the National Alliance to End Homelessness.

The Alliance grew from a federation of more than 2,000 providers and public agencies to a current network of over 10,000 partners, making the Alliance the largest partnership dedicated to ending homelessness.

From 2003 to 2007, the Alliance expanded its organizational capacity considerably in the areas of policy, capacity building, education, and research. And the results of efforts by the Alliance and others have been palpable. Between 2005 and 2007, homelessness decreased by 10 percent due to changes in federal and local policy, improved education of the public and policymakers, and increased capacity of communities to implement best practices.

Today, with the help of federal leadership and local activism, the Alliance aims to continue on its journey to end homelessness once and for all in America.

our-national-shame-homeless-veterans.jpg

Earlier this year the National Alliance to End Homelessness State of Homelessness Report estimated that 14,055 people currently experience homelessness each night in Illinois. According to the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, in 2010-2011, 93,870 men, women, youth, and children were homeless in Chicago. This includes those living in shelters or with relatives and friends. Nationally, over the course of a year, 2.5 million to 3.5 million people in the United States will experience homelessness.

Many are losing the battle to survive.

The National Health Care for the Homeless Council, states, &#8220;Homelessness dramatically elevates one&#8217;s risk of illness, injury and death. Join us as the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless and the Ignatian Spirituality Project host a Memorial Service for Those Who Died Homeless. The Memorial will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 21 at 6 p.m. at Old St. Patrick&#8217;s Church, 700 West Adams Street.

candlelight+vigil.bmp

The Invisible People Youtube Channel

[youtube]wwq5Vyr_a1k[/youtube]

[youtube]yaNim9ra01s[/youtube]

[youtube]5TelyWI6oko[/youtube]

Hear from the homeless people themselves on this powerful Youtube Pages.
http://www.youtube.com/user/EndingHomelessness?ob=0&feature=results_main

58c38_20101221_075618_cd21vigil.jpg

Secretary's Award for Outstanding Achievement in Service for Homeless Veterans 8 MAR 2012

The Department of Veterans Affairs is awarding the Secretary's Award for Outstanding Achievement in Service for Homeless Veterans.

The goal of the award is to recognize outstanding achievement of individuals of organizations that provide exceptional service to homeless veterans. Materials necessary to nominate individuals or organizations.

Nominations are due by April 9, 2012. For more information about this award, please contact Robert Figueroa at 202-461-1942 or Robert.Figueroa@va.gov.

Address:
National Alliance to End Homelessness
1518 K Street NW, Suite 410, Washington, DC 20005
(Tel) 202.638.1526 (Fax) 202.638.4664

The Homelessness Resource Centre
Learn, Connect, Share..For more Information and Resources on Homelessness in the USA.
http://www.nrchmi.samhsa.gov/organization/national-alliance-to-end-homelessness-124.aspx

The Source:
http://www.endhomelessness.org/

I found this regarding another important initiative to improve the quality of life of innocent young children !! I know Michael would have done something to help them, so let US be the Michael in their rescue today !!:agree:
:pray:

The Blog Article

btc-10bil.jpg

WELCOME TO ONECHILD

profile_1006831_avatar-180x140.jpg

Our Vision & Mission

OneChild is the premiere organization inspiring a movement of children and youth taking action against child sex slavery. We believe ALL children &#8212; the world&#8217;s largest voiceless minority &#8212; must be free from all forms of exploitation and able to contribute to matters that affect THEM. Through public education campaigns and advocacy initiatives, and prevention, rescue, rehabilitation, and reintegration efforts, today&#8217;s youth are providing hope.

HOW WE STARTED

&#8220;On a stage, lit by spotlights, were boys in a line, kids probably twelve to sixteen years old. They were practically naked, wearing nothing but skimpy white thongs, a number pinned to each &#8230; A boy was ordered like a customer would order a drink, brought to the table by the manager to be checked out.&#8221;

The words in the book made 16 year-old Cheryl Perera ill. &#8220;How can children my age and younger be exploited in this way? I&#8217;m just a teenager, but how can I stop this?&#8221; What began as a high school project would take an unexpected turn when she encountered a description of the global child sex trade in her research, and embarked on a whirlwind mission to Sri Lanka for answers.

From meetings with an advisor to Sri Lanka&#8217;s President, to risking her own life in an undercover operation that would help bring a child sex offender to justice, Cheryl did the remarkable to find answers. Still, the most powerful ones came from the child survivors who invited her into their world, and asked her to share their stories. Cheryl made a silent promise. She would do just that and much more.

In Canada, Cheryl launched a national awareness campaign that united young people as the pulse. But things didn&#8217;t stop there. The seed had been planted for something more powerful and innovative. An organization that would put young people&#8212;for the first time in history&#8212; at the frontlines of the struggle to end the global sex trade in children. And the time had come. Taking the cue, Cheryl rallied nine friends and together they founded OneChild.

HOW WE&#8217;RE DIFFERENT

At OneChild, we take a rights-based approach to the abolition of child sex slavery. We look at the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, and help our young WorldShakers implement these articles in the fight against the commercial sexual exploitation of children. Article 12 of the CRC says children have the right to express themselves as it pertains to issues concerning them. Articles 34 and 37 are concerned with the sexual exploitation and cruel treatment of children, so naturally, kids should be involved in processes aiming to correct these horrible wrongs.

We know that young people have a tremendous power to change the world, and if they&#8217;re presented with the right tools and information, they will do just that. That&#8217;s why we act as a catalyst to mobilize an amazing but often overlooked force: youth. We know that young people need guidance and support, so OneChild looks toward parents, educators, and other adult supporters to forge a youth-adult partnership with the goal of eradicating child sex slavery.

PROJECT CAMBODIA

our-work-in-cambodia.jpg

OneChild is thrilled to be teaming up with ACTION POUR LES INFANTS (APLE), a Cambodian NGO with a track record of success in monitoring and investigating child sexual abuse and exploitation in Cambodia. APLE has rescued (as of May 2011) 472 children from commercial sexual exploitation and brought to legal accountability close to 190 sex offenders.

Children as young as four years old have been sold into sex slavery in Cambodia, and minors make up more than 25% of sex slavery victims. APLE&#8217;s &#8220;Against Trafficking in Persons Project&#8221; is vital in our hope to fight this disgusting crime.

THE PURPOSES OF THIS PARTNERSHIP

Reduce the number of persons victimized of human trafficking by increasing the number of traffickers being arrested and convicted.
Improve support and protection for trafficking victims by providing access to rehabilitative services and legal assistance.
Improve police responses through training workshops for law enforcement officers.

FUNDRAISING EFFORTS WILL GO TOWARD

An Investigation Team who will do daily checks into human trafficking rumors and cases and report all findings to Cambodia&#8217;s anti human trafficking police. This will ensure the rescue of trafficking victims, and the arrest of suspected offenders.
A Social Team, consisting of three social workers, who will attend to any needs trafficking victims might have, and provide social and rehabilitative support.
A Legal Team, consisting of two lawyers, who will provide legal counselling, protection, and representation for trafficking victims. This will ensure the full protection of trafficking victims, and the successful prosecution of traffickers.

donate-sidebar.png

[youtube]qYSZJnw37ws[/youtube]

Taking action requires knowing all the facts about CSEC (Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children), the key players, and the root causes like the backs of our hands.

This feeds our credibility as young WorldShakers who want to speak out for child rights and protection, and make demands for the kind of world we wish to see for ourselves.

There is no doubt that the child sex trade is underground and hidden, so that's why we want to shed light on the truth.

ca87031d-7e39-4ba1-a313-9f284904236d.jpg

The Source:

http://onechild.ca/

For more information download the following guides:
SPEAK OUT! BEATING CHILD SEX SLAVERY WITH THE POWER OF YOUR VOICE
STIR IT UP! 50 AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISING IDEAS THAT KICK CHILD SLAVERY BUTT !!
50 Awareness and FUNdraising Ideas
onechild.ca/downloads/stir-it-up-guide.pdf
WORLDSHAKERS@ONECHILD.CA

Back