Man In The Mirror performance

It was the best moment of the evening (Paris and John Mayer were close).

So beautiful, so sad... heartbreaking:(
But I'm sure Michael loved it... he saw it all:)

Yeah i thought it was a very nice touch... That, along with Paris and Jermaine's performances set the waterworks off so bad. The whole ceremony was so beautiful.

That hurt me like mad. It hit home how much we truly, truly lost.

the ending with the spotlight was so beautiful and so meaningful...they got me with that one.

That was one of the most emotional moments for me at the memorial. As they were taking Michael's casket out everyone was shouting "Thank you, Michael!" and "We love you!" and then they started playing "Man In The Mirror" and shined the spotlight on the microphone and I almost lost it! A bunch of people started to leave because they thought the service was over once they heard the music starting, but I saw what they were doing, and then after the song finished they had a prayer and everyone in the audience joined hands. It was beautiful.

I was so angry when they stopped the instrumental after about 2 minutes, and some random guy came into that spotlight and began talking. didn't he realize that they should have just kept playing the song, maybe even put the actual Michael's song, and just keep the spotlight empty? I was so emotional at that point, and when that guy just stepped in and ended it I was so annoyed.

I didn't see it sorry
I thought you must be confused

I saw in on the web, with rubbish CNN live, because a Korean translator on a TV live show was so poor. (She didn't seem to know the names of Jacksons. LOL Shame on ya)
CNN was out of sound and video for minutes.

I was so angry when they stopped the instrumental after about 2 minutes, and some random guy came into that spotlight and began talking. didn't he realize that they should have just kept playing the song, maybe even put the actual Michael's song, and just keep the spotlight empty? I was so emotional at that point, and when that guy just stepped in and ended it I was so annoyed.

Honestly I think what happened there was lots of people were starting to leave because they thought it was the end of the service, so I think he wanted to get up there and say the prayer with everyone before everyone had left.

That was one of the most emotional moments for me at the memorial. As they were taking Michael's casket out everyone was shouting "Thank you, Michael!" and "We love you!" and then they started playing "Man In The Mirror" and shined the spotlight on the microphone and I almost lost it! A bunch of people started to leave because they thought the service was over once they heard the music starting, but I saw what they were doing, and then after the song finished they had a prayer and everyone in the audience joined hands. It was beautiful.

I totally agree - it was such a perfect way to end the service, with just a spotlight on the microphone, and an instrumental version of the song. It got me within seconds, just beautiful.

I think the whole memorial was just beautiful, Michael would have been so proud with what his family organised for us all to say goodbye. I'm sure in a perfect world, every one of his true fans would have been there to pay their respects to him, but then again, in a perfect world he would still be here.

I really miss him.

I felt the same thing. I wanted it to continue, and it kind of made me angry when that guy walked into the spotlight in the middle of the song.

Back