May 5 News & Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
Win Michael Jackson Tickets

Calling all Michael Jackson fans! How do you fancy exclusive tickets to see the King of Pop at what he is calling ‘the final curtain'? Gala Bingo are giving three lucky winners and a friend the chance to see Jacksonin a VIP box at the O2 arena on Sunday 12th July.

So if you've ‘Got to be there', simply check out the question at Gala Bingo email your answer to gala.life@galabingo.com, during May. You'll be entered into their special prize draw, and two of these red-hot tickets could be yours!

http://www.bingonews.com/3133/be-a-star-this-may-at-gala-bingo/?lang=all

The music of summer
New albums could save season; From Willie Nelson to Jonas Brothers, here are 10 releases

New albums from big-name acts are looming on the horizon, which can only mean one thing: Summer is upon us.

The upcoming months are second only to the Christmas season in terms of their sales impact, and that means new albums are on deck from what are traditionally the biggest sellers in pop music. New recordings by Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and U2 haven't met expectations thus far. Can anyone resuscitate a year defined by its underwhelming chart performance? A few have a legitimate shot, no doubt. Throw in rumoured comebacks from Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston later in the year, and you've got a rolling, tumbling batch of recorded music lying in wait -- not to mention one heck of an iPod beach party playlist waiting to be made.

Full article http://www.canada.com/music+summer/1564638/story.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1984 - "Weird Al" Yankovic's single "Eat It" hit #36 in the U.K.

1988 - Michael Jackson became the first non-Soviet to be featured while advertising a product on Russian television.

1992 - The Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney single "Say Say Say" was certified platinum by the RIAA.

9E236099-C8D2-BC49-9BFBC2000571A2D1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mai 5 News & Mentionings

I was flippin thru channels and just caught the Beat It "short film" on VH1...

on a program called Jump Start. When did they put his video in with the regulars, coz a Jamie Fox vid came on right after, so it's not like it was a flashback or best of show or somethin...? Hmm :)

1988 - Michael Jackson became the first non-Soviet to be featured while advertising a product on Russian television.

Tks for the news!!!

"Today in Michael Jackson History" is my fave part....very good!

Win Michael Jackson Tickets

Calling all Michael Jackson fans! How do you fancy exclusive tickets to see the King of Pop at what he is calling ‘the final curtain'? Gala Bingo are giving three lucky winners and a friend the chance to see Jacksonin a VIP box at the O2 arena on Sunday 12th July.

So if you've ‘Got to be there', simply check out the question at Gala Bingo email your answer to gala.life@galabingo.com, during May. You'll be entered into their special prize draw, and two of these red-hot tickets could be yours!

http://www.bingonews.com/3133/be-a-star-this-may-at-gala-bingo/?lang=all

This comepetition is run by a gamboling website, here are the terms and conditions

1. Entry into this promotion is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
  2. To gain entry into this promotion you must be a registered galabingo.com customer who emails in to gala.life@galabingo.co.uk the correct answer to the question “In what Michael Jackson video did he dress up like a Zombie”.
  3. The following dates are eligible for entry 01/05/2009 – 31/05/2009.
  4. By successfully entering the “Win Michael Jackson Tickets” promotion, customers will be entered into the prize draw where 3 winning entrants will be randomly selected.
  5. One entry to this promotion per account.
  6. This promotion is only open to residents of those countries or states where Gala Bingo accepts customers and is subject to Gala Bingo’s full Terms and Conditions located at www.galabingo.com here
  7. Each one of the 3 winners will receive a pairs of tickets to see Michael Jackson in a VIP box at the O2 arena on Sunday 12th July 2009, plus £200 to cover travel expenses. The £200 will be deposited into the winners account. (Please allow up to 7 days from the confirmation of the prize).
  8. No cash alternative or equivalent prize value applies.
  9. The winner will be contacted by a Gala representative within 7 days of the closing date.
  10. When contacted by a Gala representative the successful winner must (1) confirm all their details on account are correct, and (2) confirm they wish to accept the prize.
  11. If the winner confirms they accept the “Win Michael Jackson Tickets” prize, Gala will arrange to contact the winner at a suitable occasion to arrange all the details of the event.
  12. galabingo.com and their agents do not accept responsibility for the failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations in relation to this offer.
  13. In the event of non-availability for any reason of any prize, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of similar monetary value, as may be determined by us, at our sole discretion.
  14. Events may occur that render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
  15. By accepting the prize, the customer consents to use his/her name for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By acceptance of his/her winnings, the customer acknowledges compliance with all the rules herein
  16. galabingo.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the website, users, equipment used in the promotion, or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries.
  17. galabingo.com may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or these terms and conditions prior to the cessation of the promotion for any reason, including for technical reasons such as broadcasting or technical failures.
  18. Entrants must be aged 18 or over. ID may be required.
  19. Promoter: Gala (Alderney) Limited c/o Eurobet House, 10-24 Church Street West, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6HT, United Kingdom

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13526_3-10233687-27.html

Sony adds streaming, lyrics to its artist sites

Free, on-demand streaming music is a rising tide: since the start of 2009, I've covered relatively new services like Spotify and Just Hear It, and there are plenty of established players like MySpace Music, Imeem, and Grooveshark.

Listen to Michael Jackson's music on Michael Jackson's official Web site. What a novel idea!
(Credit: Sony Music, Michael Jackson)
Instead of trying to stop the tide, Sony Music has wisely embraced it: starting today, the company will introduce streaming music players on the Web sites of its most popular artists, including popsters like Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, and Jackson himself. It makes perfect business sense: instead of letting some third party like Imeem sell advertisements against high-demand music, Sony can sell or display its own ads.
Of course, they couldn't make it too easy--finding the audio on Michael Jackson's site took a few clicks, including one that forced me to identify my country, and the songs were embedded in the Sony-specific MyPlay player, which is an interesting piece of technology but only lets you create playlists with songs from other artists with MyPlay players. More generally, I wonder if it's too late for these label-specific initiatives--I'm sure plenty of hardcore Britney fans have her Web site bookmarked, but most music listeners probably prefer to use services that let you compile lists from multiple artists on multiple labels.
Sony is also adding lyrics to these artists' sites, provided by the company's own Gracenote subsidiary. Excellent move. I can't believe it's taken this long, given the lack of decent lyrics sites out there. In fact, I still don't understand the reluctance to publish lyrics online--what are people going to steal? What money is the artist or copyright owner losing? Kudos for Sony for taking a baby step toward ending this silliness.

Last edited:

I was flippin thru channels and just caught the Beat It "short film" on VH1...

on a program called Jump Start. When did they put his video in with the regulars, coz a Jamie Fox vid came on right after, so it's not like it was a flashback or best of show or somethin...? Hmm :)
I think you're talking about AMTV cus VH1 don't show classic videos on their original network.

I think you're talking about AMTV cus VH1 don't show classic videos on their original network.

:doh: My BAD, you are right.
Anyways, it was a surprise for me...but obviously not news :smilerolleyes:

:doh: My BAD, you are right.
Anyways, it was a surprise for me...but obviously not news :smilerolleyes:
Yeah unlike VH1's 'Jump Start' AMTV shows videos past and present which I love. Even though VH1 dominates in showing videos hours longer with also 'Nocturnal State' and then on saturday mornings with their top 20 countdown.

Last edited:

Demi Lovato Inspired by John Mayer

27817.gif

(Getty Images)

adsonar_placementId=1352026;adsonar_pid=964767;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=225;adsonar_zh=165;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';
Demi Lovato has her own following of admiring fans, but this Disney star seems to have quite a thing going for Grammy winner John Mayer, who she says was a very important influence on her music.

"He inspired a lot of the album just because he's an incredible musician," she gushes to Buzznet in a new video interview.

So are there any of his songs she'd like to perform with him? Oh, yeah, just a few.

"Every single one! Oh my gosh. I think he's one of the greatest musicians ever! Definitely of our time, but ever!"

Tells us how you really feel, Demi!

While she'll be busy with her own 60+ city tour this summer, Demi reveals what her plans would be if she wasn't working.

"I'd visit the Jonas Brothers [on tour]. They've got both Jordin Sparks and Honor Society opening for them, so that will be cool," she reveals. "And I wish I could go see Michael Jackson in London." http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/14007

Back