McDonald’s franchise in the Netherlands removes HIStory statue

56509968_2010909085624545_9170809990863126528_n.jpg

Since 2001, the European Jackson Event has created many events for the fans. We have always given our best to the fans, and we have always given proceedings to charity for children.

This time, it's time to give back to the fans what was taken from them.

We have talked with the owner of the MJ statue and we have agreed on the following: All proceedings from the event will go to paying for a new home for the statue.

Ticket sales will start soon... are you ready to show your support for Michael?

www.jacksonevent.nl

What happened to that History MJ statue in the Netherlands?

You know, the big one they had up in the Netherlands? in Best, I think it was. They removed it last year, right?

But I don't remember hearing where it actually went to.

Re: What happened to that History MJ statue in the Netherlands?

You mean the one that was next to the mcdonald's?

Yeah. There was heaps of stuff saying they took it down but never any info as to where it went.

I don't know. i been thinking about that too.

Aww man, it must be somewhere, right? Surely they didn't just destroy it.

Well, it just says they were looking for a new location. It's been almost a whole year, surely it must be somewhere

The dutch MJ fanclub should know? Even if they don't have it?

Any dutch fans around who know exactly which fanclub that could be?

Yeah, I'd like to know which fanclub it is so I can at least try to contact them.

Are there any Dutch MJ fans here who might know?

I imagine the statue is safe somewhere, and I can't think of any reason why it would be safe for it to be placed on public display at the moment.

The MJ One statue isn't even on display, so lets leave things 'be' because (given all the furore about statues at the moment) I cannot imagine any good coming from publicising where it is or who has it.

Out of sight. out of mind.

Maybe one day after the Robson/ Safechuck cases are over, it might be worthwhile enquiring about putting MJ statues on display again, but not beforehand.

myosotis;4294020 said:
I imagine the statue is safe somewhere, and I can't think of any reason why it would be safe for it to be placed on public display at the moment.

The MJ One statue isn't even on display, so lets leave things 'be' because (given all the furore about statues at the moment) I cannot imagine any good coming from publicising where it is or who has it.

Excellent point! Haven’t even thought about that. :)

Statue of Michael Jackson still in a shed: no new place found yet

The world-famous Michael Jackson statue of the McDonald's in Best is still in a warehouse. A new place for the ten meter high statue has not yet been found after almost two years. Nor has it been donated to a fan club. The statue was removed in April 2019 because the 'King of Pop' was discredited by the documentary 'Leaving Neverland'.

Owner Peter van Gelder of the restaurant in Best had the statue placed at his restaurant in 1996. After the documentary, there was a worldwide uproar around the singer. Two American men claim in that documentary that they were abused by Michael Jackson as children. That's why, according to the chain, it no longer matched a family restaurant. Without an announcement, McDonald's removed the image early.

The iconic statue is still in the hands of Van Gelder. "He has already explored places and is also exploring different places." That's all fast food chain spokesman Eunice Koekkoek wants to say about it. "It must be a beautiful place, which also does justice to the image. These are long-term journeys."

"Fans don't have to worry: the picture is still whole."
It was previously promised that the statue would be donated to a Dutch Michael Jackson foundation, but that did not happen. "Maybe we should have been clearer about that," Koekkoek continued. "The idea is that it will be in a public place, so that it is accessible to fans. That way it becomes a gift for all fans."

All this time there has been a mystery surrounding the statue. Due to the sensitivity surrounding the legendary singer, hardly any announcements are made about it. We are also not allowed to speak to the restaurateur of the fast food chain on this subject. "The statue is still in the Netherlands," Koekkoek admits. 'Fans don't have to worry either: it's still very much.'

https://www.omroepbrabant.nl/nieuws...ds-in-een-loods-nog-geen-nieuwe-plek-gevonden

Back