Meeting Michael - Beautiful, Touching Stories

23.jpg

The Article:

UN Committee Chairman for Human Rights Day and the International Day of Tolerance, appointed by the “FRIENDS OF THE UN”. At a December, 2001, UN dinner event, presented A “Declaration of Human Rights and the Principals of Tolerance” document to the prestigious guests who exemplified “The Best In The Human Spirit”.

UN Environmental Programme (UNEP), Consultant, receiving a letter of gratitude from the UN Secretariat for arranging Sir Elton John’s acceptance as an Ambassador of Good Will. In addition, Stanson also arranged the star of Disney’s Lion King (young Simba) to become UNEP’s youngest Good Will Ambassador. Later, through Stanson’s friendship with Michael Jackson, introduced him to the UNAIDS Division to create a fundraiser to help millions of African AIDS sufferers.

As an Advisor to UNEP, to encourage their growing attention in the environment at that time, Mr. Stanson hosted a birthday dinner for Sir John Browne, Chairman and the entire BP Board. It included special seating at Broadway’s Lion King, a backstage tour, and an honored guest signing of Mr. Browne’s name next to that of President Clinton.

The Source:
http://miltonstanson.com/the-united-nations/

Last edited:
6008_jon-anthony-and-michael-jackson.jpg

Tribune photo by CHRIS URSO

Jon Anthony met Michael Jackson while he was working on his "Thriller" album in 1981.

tumblr_m56ijuVprc1r6gi1wo1_500.jpg

Tampa DJ cherishes memories of lunch with Jackson..
By SAMARA SODOS Published: July 7, 2009

As a DJ at radio stations across the country for decades, Jon Anthony has collected a music hall of fame of photos which he plastered on the walls of his Valrico home office. There's Rick Springfield, 'NSync, Toby Keith and Bobby Brown.

But there's one picture more precious than all the others.

"If my house were to catch on fire, I would grab my wife, my son and that picture of Michael Jackson, and we would hit the door," Anthony said. "That's how big that picture is to me."

Anthony had lunch with Jackson in 1981. He spent an hour and a half with the pop star, who was cutting tracks for the album "Thriller" at a Nashville studio next door.

He met Jackson after he was called over by a record executive pal who noticed Jackson outside the studio. The two men approached Jackson and asked him if he'd like to join them for lunch in the record exec's office.

Anthony calls it an experience he will never forget. He says the three of them ordered sub sandwiches and talked about everyday topics like sports and the weather. They were trying to steer away from subjects like celebrity that might make Jackson feel uncomfortable.

"I could not believe how friendly he was, how nice he was, and how relaxed he was, "Anthony said. "It was almost like he had escaped out of that world that he was so used to and got to come into the real world with some real people and eat a sub sandwich."

The photo of Anthony and Jackson was snapped before their lunch. "I didn't realize I was going to be having my picture made with one of the biggest entertainers in the world!"

Anthony, now 54, ended up in Tampa Bay when his career led him to a radio job here. Since then he's met more famous people, and more photos have filled up spaces on his walls. But when it comes to celebrities, he will always regard the Michael Jackson photo as his most valuable item.

Jackson's sudden death was a real punch in the gut to Anthony. "We have lost the greatest entertainer of all time, end of story. "

Anthony watched the televised memorial for Jackson and said it was a fitting, tasteful tribute for pop royalty.

Anthony says there's only one thing left to say now, even for a former DJ.

"Rest in peace, King."

The Source:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jul/07/tampa-dj-cherishes-memories-lunch-jackson/news-breaking/

Last edited:
I love to read stories about Michael..especially the true ,happy ones:bow:........Thanks....

00000dalailamagbyctr7haf.jpg

Let Us Not Forget the Dalia Lama, but Michael Jackson got it right!

The other day, I read an article by His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL) where he said we as people should be thinking of and working for the betterment of the human race. Betterment in spiritual terms and working toward world peace. I sent HHDL a tweet (we are buddies) saying, sorry mate, I think you have it wrong, but he didn't reply. Mind you, there is not so much you can say in 140 characters.

HHDL has wonderful grand ideas about world peace and I have a great deal of respect for him and what he says. He seems to have a wonderfully simple logic and way of explaining complex situations so you have no choice but to smile and listen. But, just because he is the Spiritual core of the east, it doesn't mean he is always right. So, in that vein, I challenge him and his view on world peace.

Of course, we are never going to find world peace, it simply doesn't exist and never will, it is a futile state. BUT, it is the constant will to try that is important. Yeah, yeah, I understand this and applaud it. But me, Simon Milton-Jones from a small place in the middle of the mountains in Norway, what can I do to affect world peace. Well, very little, -OK, I can pay some money to Amnesty International/Oxfam/Red Cross, but that would be me settling my conscience, not actually doing something.

I prefer to think about world peace in my own worldly terms. My world exists from when the kids wake me up, to all the activities I can get done during the day, to when I flop down into the sofa, with that wide-eyed WTF just happened look, after the kids have gone to bed. That doesn't leave much energy to try stopping Obama from taking over the world or persuading China that Tibet really isn't much of a threat, or even settle the long running debate of whether it is going to be pølse for dinner tomorrow or pasta and veggies.

We definitely need big thinkers like HHDL in order to point us in the right direction, keep us on track so we don't end up getting our panties in a twist and invading someone – whether they have lots of juicy oil, or not. But, for every big thinker, every HHDL, we need millions of us “normal” folk to do our bit. Not to worry about world peace or helping the world be more spiritually free, but to do something small, make a small change to the way we do things. I'm not talking about stuffing yourself with tofu, only buying organic food or replacing your ageing Dodge Viper with a Toyota Prius. I mean something far more difficult . . . being kind.

Huh?! He gone all “let's love one another” on us! Nope, not me, I can assure you. To be conscious of being kind is nothing but a very slight shift in your thinking. It's just to keep in the back of your mind that once or twice today, when you get the opportunity, be kind. It could be toward one of your kids, at work, on the way home from work, or to yourself. As I write this, I am on the bus to Trondheim and when I get there I intend being kind to myself by going to McDonnalds :) I haven't been there in ages. OK, ok, so that's not exactly being kind but think about it, this being kind thing works in many ways and it's contagious. If you are kind to someone for no apparent reason, it will make you feel good, that person will also feel good and by proxy, will also do something kind for someone else (probably), and so on and so on.

Before you know it, your small act of kindness to John Smith at work, has ended up in solving the pølse/pasta problem and you get a phone call from Obama asking which tailor makes your saffron robes? It is all too easy these days to get caught up in the thinking that there is nothing you can do, the problem is global, too big, that you can't have any influence, but that's just an excuse, sorry everyone, you can have an effect, not by thinking in global terms but personal ways.

Sometimes it is not so easy to be kind and so feel free to choose not to be, but every now and then, consciously choose it. Then you can sit back, feel the effect, know that you did something good and that you have in your own way, done something to help global peace. You may not have brokered a peace treaty between warring factions within Afghanistan, but then that's not your job. So, think about Michael Jackson as much as HHDL and start with the Man In The Mirror. If you can help those around you be a little more kind every now and again, you will have had a greater effect than you can imagine.

The Source:
http://simonmiltonjones.blogspot.ca/2011/06/forget-dalia-lama-michael-jackson-got.html

:pray::heart::pray:​

[video=youtube;luKj-UM60BQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKj-UM60BQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Thank-you to elena Andre Avanti for sharing this Post

Michael Jackson becomes the King of England

Guild Hall -July 20th, 1988

Michael Jackson: The day our man came face-to-face with King of Pop
Jun 26 2009 by Paul Cole, Sunday Mercury

IT was the knight in shining armour galloping across the courtyard who did it. He leapt from his saddle, pulled a sword from a stone and went down on one knee before Michael Jackson.
Then he handed Excalibur to the excited pop legend, and made him King of England. Jackson, dressed in the bright red and blue uniform of a military dictator, just giggled and grinned.

It was one of those moments when you had to pinch yourself to ensure that you weren’t dreaming – the most surreal meeting I ever had in a long career as a showbiz writer.

The invitation had been simple: would I care to join Michael Jackson for dinner at London’s historic Guildhall ahead of his string of shows at Wembley Stadium, part of 1988’s Bad tour?

Guests of honour at Guildhall banquets are more usually kings and queens, world leaders and politicians. It had been the centre of civic government in Britain for more than 1,000 years.

And, indeed, Jackson was treated like royalty. He became the first commoner ever to enter by the hall’s Royal Entrance, a unique privilege that required the Queen’s personal approval.

His arrival was heralded by the red-jacketed trumpeters of the Life Guard cavalry, usually seen marching along the Mall. There followed a £75,000 banquet full of pomp and circumstance.

The roast beef was paraded through the room by the Corps of Drums of the Honourable Artillery Company, and dancers in Olde English costume scattered rose petals at Jackson’s feet.

During dinner, he watched wide-eyed as first Henry VIII, then Elizabeth I, Lord Nelson, Nell Gwynn, Robin Hood, Maid Marion and Dick Whittington popped up to pay their respects.

At one stage ballet dancers burst from a box for his approval. Fire-eaters, jugglers, jesters and Elizabethan musicians took it in turn to visit his table.

Then Jackson was stunned as magician Merlin appeared in a puff of smoke, and glittering knights in armour bowed before the US pop superstar.

But as guests tucked into the finest food England had to offer, the reclusive singer nibbled only at corn on the cob, vegetable salad and fresh orange juice prepared by the personal chef he had flown over.

It was as the dinner ended that things took a surreal turn.

I joined Jackson, his pony-tailed manager Frank Dileo and 10 year-old orphan Jimmy Safechuck – the first in a string of the singer’s young companions – in the Guildhall courtyard.

Jackson took the salute as the Band of the Corps of Royal Engineers beat the retreat, walking up and down a line of liveried Life Guard troops as if he were a general inspecting them.

He bopped lightly on his heels as the band played military marches and grinned wildly when they launched into a version of his hit Billie Jean.

It was then that a clatter of hooves announced the arrival of the knight who would bear Excalibur into his hands. Jackson was blissfully unaware of the historical significance of the moment.

He handed the sword to a 7ft minder wearing a top hat. It was at that moment that I became one of the very few guests to get a word with him.

“Do you realise,”I said, “that you’ve just become the King of England? That’s supposed to be the sword King Arthur pulled from the stone before he recruited the knights of the Round Table.”

His response was utter delight. “Gee,” he said. “A King? I never knew. I love your traditions. You have so much history here in England!”

And with that, he was whisked away to a limo to take him back to a top Mayfair hotel, and a meeting with Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford to discuss a new movie version of Peter Pan. It was very different to Jackson’s brief encounter with fans at London’s O2 Arena last week, at which he announced a string of comeback concerts, the last he will ever play in the capital.

The Source:
http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/m...face-to-face-with-king-of-pop-66331-23090551/

Last edited:
jackson01.jpg

Michael by Peter

The first time I met Michael Jackson was backstage at The Forum in Los Angeles in early July 1980. He was at the QUEEN show that evening and came to see the band afterwards. He spent time with John Deacon and they talked about ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ which Michael says must be a single. He also spent time with Freddie. He was 22 years old and was like an excited teenager. He had really enjoyed the show and was still ‘up’ from it.

The next time was a couple of years later when Freddie had been invited to Michael’s house in Encino, just north of Hollywood. We arrived at the house, having passed a security tower at the gate. We got out of the car at a mock Tudor mansion, bricks at the lower level, and white stucco and wooden beams above. Michael came to greet us with a big smile, obviously proud of his house. Before we could go in, he insisted we accompany him on a tour of the grounds. I will never forget Freddie Mercury walking through mud, wearing white jeans and white tennis shoes, talking to llamas! We were shown all the animals and taken down to a pond where Michael had swans. Michael had a real love for these animals and birds; they were part of ‘his family’, as Freddie’s friends were part of his.

Michael took us into the house. I don’t know how many rooms there were in it. I do know that Michael lived there with his mother, Katherine, his two sisters, Latoya and Janet, and there were rooms for guests should anybody stay over. As we entered Michael’s bedroom, I was struck by three things, that gave an insight to Michael.. All around the room, on the floor were his gold and platinum awards for ‘Thriller’. They obviously meant a lot to him, he kept them close, but he didn’t need to show them to the world, he didn’t need to show everybody how good he was. The second thing was the large terrarium along one wall containing his snake. Much had been made in the press about this favourite creature, and he was in Michaels’s room, but under heavy planks of wood kept in place with many bricks. He may have been a ‘friend’, but kept very securely. Third and last was- in the middle of the room was a king-size mattress on the floor.

Freddie asked Michael “where is the bed? You have enough money to buy one!” Michael’s reply “when I sleep I like to sleep close to the earth”,

“But we are up on the first floor!” retorted Freddie.
We were shown through many rooms including a film room which had a vast library of films where I watched one, while Freddie and Michael worked, joined by Janet. Another wonderful situation was when Freddie was in the toilet, Michael took me to his video games room and we played the early version of table tennis. There were two players, one black and the other white. We started playing and Michael was the one who pointed out that we were playing the opposite colours – “I’m playing the white and you’re playing the black!”

On the way to the studio at the back of the ground floor we were taken through the kitchen where we were introduced to Katherine, Michael’s mother. She was very kind and hospitable. When Freddie asked for an ashtray, she produced a jam jar lid, as no one in the house smoked!
The work comprised of a Michael track, ‘State of Shock’, which only needed another vocal, which Freddie happily provided. When they had finished it really only needed mixing, but sadly after this session time was the enemy and Freddie and Michael never had free time together, so Michael got Mick Jagger to put his vocal on this and it was released in this form.

The next was a Freddie piece he was just working on at this time. There was a piano tune and Freddie had come up with a few words. Freddie sat at the piano and let Michael try the singing. Where there were no words written Freddie told Michael to ad-lib, which he did with words about love.

jackson02.jpg

Michael then ordered in some food for us all. There were these large platters of cold meats, salads, bread, and fruit. We started in, but Michael wouldn’t touch any as he was a strict vegetarian at the time and would only have food made by his mother.

Work was started on a third track with a working title ‘Victory’. There was only one technician in the studio. There were no instruments set up and no musicians. Freddie and Michael worked in much the same way. At the start of a track they need a drum track to keep the beat, and then they add music and instruments to this. Michael had a clever idea for the bass drum beat. He and Freddie were in the control room with the technician and I spent 5 minutes banging a toilet door in perfect time!! Somewhere in Michael’s vaults there is a tape of me!!

The studio was a place of work for both Freddie and Michael, but watching them you could also imagine two children in a play room. Both of them would throw their hands in the air and burst out laughing when either of them made a mistake, but it really was a serious business too. Thinking back now to this time watching these two masters of their craft were together in one place putting this music together, gives me goose bumps.

Who was Michael Jackson for me? I met a beautiful young man. He and Freddie had much in common. He was confident, and already an incredible musician and performer. He was a resourceful technician and a considerate human being. He never once treated me any differently than he did Freddie. He thought of others in situations even though it might have had nothing to do with him. In the few conversations I had with him, I got the impression that he had few friends. He was working almost all of the time and had many professional connexions and associates. Maybe he was already a bit lonely, having to have so much security at that early age, and having to resort to bringing indoors the entertainment anyone else his age could go out for. He was only 3 years younger than me, but still hadn’t grown up! He still wanted so many of the simple things in life to bring him happiness, but did find some peace with his animals.

The Source:
http://montreuxmusic.com/mmm/content/view/192/244/lang,english

188880470.jpg

(In Photo: Ladonna Jones with Michael's autograph)

Woman recalls 1984 meeting with Michael Jackson..

When Ladonna Jones thinks about the King of Pop, she can't help but remember The Kiss. "People ask: 'Did he really kiss you on the cheek or did he give you a peck?' " she said. "He kissed me. He planted his lips on my cheek." In July 1984, Ladonna, then 11, received national attention after she wrote a letter complaining about the way tickets for the Jacksons' Victory Tour were sold. The Lewisville girl worked hard to scrape together enough cash to buy a $30 ticket for a Texas Stadium performance, only to find out tickets had to be purchased in groups of four. Jackson heard about the letter and mentioned her name during a press conference. Ladonna received free tickets to see the concert. She met him backstage, where he kissed her. Twenty-five years later, as she reflects on the concert, and Jackson's death Thursday, Jones says her idol is now at peace. "I'm relieved he will be happy and he won't have to go through all the scrutiny he's gone through," Jones, 36, of Highland Village said Sunday. "No one will ever come close to matching what he did, not just musically. He changed the world. He helped so many people. "Who today could die and have the impact that Michael Jackson has had?" But it was Jones herself who made quite the impression on Jackson – and attracted intense media attention. Jones did chores for neighbors and baby-sat to save enough money for a concert ticket. But when she learned that you couldn't buy just one ticket, she penned a letter to Jackson and mailed it to The Dallas Morning News. It ran in the paper. "Dear Michael," she wrote. "I've always believed you to be a person of feeling up until now. I'm so disappointed in you. How could you of all people be so selfish? Is your appearance here in Texas Stadium only for the rich?" A few days later, Jackson announced he would donate concert tour money to charity and asked that the ticket-distribution policy be eliminated. "The other day I got a letter from a girl in Texas named Ladonna Jones," Jackson said. The News ran a front-page story with the headline: "Yes, Ladonna, dreams really do come true." She was featured in newspaper and television reports nationwide. But Jones was a shy girl, so she wasn't thrilled with the media coverage. She said she didn't want to be famous. Jones received four tickets to a Jacksons performance, a limo ride to Texas Stadium and clothing to wear at the show. She wore a jacket with red pinstripes and a shirt featuring the face of her hero. Backstage, Jones met Jackson. "His hands were so big," she said. "That's what stuck out." He told her he liked her shirt. He asked her if she liked his music. ("Of course," she told him.) He autographed an album: "Love, Michael Jackson 1998." (She never figured out why he wrote 1998.) After the kiss, she was floating. "I'm going to die," she recalled thinking as she headed back to her seat. "It felt like my legs were going to give out. It was so weird." When she sat down, people wanted her autograph. "Here I am, 11 years old, barely learning cursive, and I'm trying to give autographs." Jones said she feels blessed to have had the chance to meet the pop star and talk with him. "Nothing in life tops that moment," she said. "Nothing comes close."

The Source:
http://twitpic.com/34gd3q/full

182580_408055325929533_1581801967_n.png

Memories ~

What was taken can never be replaced: Kellie Parker who played the role of Katie in the film Moonwalker shared her experiences and relationship with Michael in an interview with Steve Freiss.
"Michael was magic, pure and simple. He was a man who believed in the goodness of mankind and embodied pure unconditional love for the world".

Kellie: “It’s hard… (losing composure, pauses) I’ll always feel that way. I’ll always be waiting for him.”

Steve Friess: “As I understand it you remained in contact with Michael up until very recently.”

Kellie: “Yeah. I remained very close with Michael for about ten years. Then after that I continued to stay in touch with him but not as regularly, every couple of years and then I did actually see him a couple of weeks before he passed away.”

Steve: “What was the occasion?”

Kellie: “I was working on a show he came to see, sort of randomly…”

Kellie: “I do know that in his life he would struggle with being so well known, that was sort of a constant struggle throughout his life. But I do have to say, I spent a lot of time with Michael alone on set, he and I had a lot of scenes together and he taught me so much. He was so dedicated. We would go through – before we even shot he and I would spend sometimes like half an hour together just improving, ’cause he was so committed to it.

Steve: “How was the audition process for something like this, how did that go?”

Kellie: “You know it’s funny, I auditioned for it, then didn’t hear anything for six months and thought somebody else must have gotten it. Well, originally it was caused Chicago Nights. And they weren’t quite sure what exactly it was going to be. And I actually found out a couple of years later, I was doing a press thing with Michael, and they’d asked how he’d chosen each of us. Apparently what got me the job was, they got me in to do a screen test and after the screen test they’d left the cameras rolling. And I was such a tomboy, that was me – I had braids in my hair, I was raggedy, ripped up jeans. I was just tough! I wanted to be a guy. And Brandon did the screen test with me and we had a ball or something and he was playing with it and I went up to him and was like, ‘You’re doing it wrong! God!’ But they’d left it rolling. So that’s what Michael saw and he was like, ‘Oh my god, I have to have her.’”

tumblrlf84uppenh1qf5pmb.jpg

“Michael was magic, pure and simple. He was a man who believed in the goodness of mankind and embodied pure unconditional love for the world. I am so sad on so many levels. For the loss of an innovative genius and who was music and dance personified, for the loss of a man who loved the whole world and touched so many lives, but mostly, for me personally, the loss of a friend that I loved so dearly.

Most people don’t know about how close I was to Michael for many years following ‘Moonwalker/Smooth Criminal’ because I was never one to exploit that, even to this day I rarely talk about it, for that was a friendship that I honored and respected as private. I feel compelled at this time though, to speak of my amazing friend, as a witness to his life, and the gentleness of his soul.

He taught me so much, both as an actor and as a person, he continually inspired me to reach beyond my boundaries. He and I spent a great deal of time, one on one, while filming ‘Moonwalker.’

I remember that he told me once to never rush an emotion, that everything in life has a rhythm, and that it is the pauses and silences that speak the truth. He understood this better than anyone, he had a way of quietly inspiring everyone around him to be better than ever thought they could be. He helped so many, and inspired us all.

Michael believed in Magic, he believed that we could change the world, and he had such unconditional love that when you were around him, you couldn’t help but believe it too. He is intertwined in all of who I am, I became a dancer because of him, I became an artist because he inspired me to dream, and a writer because he taught me the power of moving people through words and actions. I love you my friend, and I know you are in a better place, we were blessed to have you for as long as we did.” ~ Kellie Parker

Podcast interview with Kellie, Vince Patterson in 2009.
http://www.cinevegas.com/cv/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=658&Itemid=368

The Source:
http://mj.sim-strangerinmoscow.forumfree.it/?t=59781451

050421_elatab_hmed_9a.grid-6x2.jpg

(CBS) Ahmad Elatab - Clifton, N.J.,first met Michael Jackson when he was 9..

One Boy's Story - New Jersey Teenager Reveals Secrets At Neverland Ranch..

image585133g.jpg

Ahmad Elatab, 17, of Clifton, N.J., first met Michael Jackson eight years ago.

Did he ever attend a sleepover at Jackson's house? "Yes, once and it was pretty fun," says Elatab, who was 17 when Correspondent Peter Van Sant spoke with him nearly two years ago.

"It's not young boys. He had young girls. He had teenagers with him, all kinds of ages -- young, old, everybody.

Elatab, who's Lebanese, struck up a friendship with Jackson as a boy, and has visited Neverland Ranch at least six times.

"There was a thing about the press. They told everybody that he hates Middle Eastern children, and he wanted to prove them wrong," says Elatab. "So he brought, like, 50 Middle Eastern kids, and met with them in a private studio in New York City."

“He started calling me, we started hanging out and stuff like that,” he adds, showing a picture of himself, his brother and Jackson.

While he never slept in Jackson’s bed, he saw many others who did. Does he think that Jackson is a child molester?

“No, I don’t. He’s not weird,” says Ahmad, who claims Jackson has never done anything inappropriate to him or anyone he knows. “He’s not sexual with kids. He’s not a molester, he’s not a pedophile. He just likes to help children.”

Ahmad’s relationship with Jackson made front-page news on the New York Post, which referred to Jackson as “Wacko *****.”

“It's a stupid name. No, he’s not ***** *****,” says Ahmad. "We call him different names. We call him Doodoo or Smelly."

So who decides who gets to sleep in the same bed as Michael? "He decides, and the kids just ask him, and he says, ‘Yeah, sure,’" says Ahmad. "A whole bunch of kids just come and jump in bed with him."

In fact, Ahmad says Jackson’s bed can get quite crowded: “He sleeps with his kids. Anybody. He sleeps with his makeup artist. He just sleeps this way. He’s a very loving person.”

Ahmad believes he knows the boy who has reportedly accused Jackson of molestation.

“He threw himself on Michael and he really wanted to hold Michael’s hand,” recalls Ahmad. “Michael gives him love back, but he doesn’t give him love back in a sexual way … I didn’t see Michael getting aroused, I didn’t see nothing like that.”

Ahmad believes the molesting charges are based on lies, along with the report that Jackson has a secret bedroom at Neverland Ranch. “It’s not a secret bedroom, they just made that up,” he says. “It’s a room over the theater, it’s like a VIP room.”

To Ahmad, Neverland is like a magic kingdom for children, a place where adults have little say: “You can do anything you want. You’re treated like kings, never told what to do, just tell them what to do … They can touch expensive paintings, they can touch all these expensive diamonds. Anything.”

“I never had the feeling that he will be a child molester,” says Ahmad’s mother, Hanadi Fattouh. “I trust Michael Jackson.”

And Ahmad says he trusted Michael, too. He remembers the man who once took him and 20 other children to a closed Toys 'R' Us. “We went there. He said the store is yours, you could have anything we wanted,” says Ahmad. “He’s a normal guy. He’s nice, and he’s the most loving guy in the world. He uses money to help himself but also everyone else around him.”

© MMV, CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The Source:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/22/48hours/main585135.shtml

314304-!%203%20michael_jackson-2.jpg

Michael Jackson -The first time ever I saw his face..
Monday, 10 August 2009 ... By Ayo Ositelu

“He that is diligent in his work, shall stand before Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, and not mere men,” says the Holy Book. Michael Jackson was obviously diligent in his work all his young life, and fittingly, when he died, he was buried like a ‘King’ that he was, and still is. In the words of Berry Gordy, his early mentor, he was not just king of pop, he was “the greatest entertainer that ever lived.” When news broke that Michael had passed on, one song, incidentally not Michael’s, came to mind. The song titled The first time ever I saw your face was the work of ballad singer Roberta Flack. I immediately remembered the day I met Michael, back in 1971, when he was only 13. Much has been said, written, and broadcast about the undisputed king of pop, during his action-packed life, and after the sudden demise of a true “wonder boy”, a “boy-man” who hailed from the little town of Gary, Indiana, a town which shares a border with the State of Illinois, the “land of Lincoln,” a town which is only about 30 miles away from Chicago a.k.a the “Windy City,” which I had made my home in the 1970s. Having earlier lived in Miami, Florida, precisely in Opa Locka in the Miami Dade county, and visited cities like Boston, Phoenix, New York, the “Big Apple”, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Jose, Malibu, and Indian Wells, my first comment on a weekend visit to a friend in Gary was something like: can anything good come out of this quiet and sleepy town? Hearing me think aloud, my host on whose invitation I was there answered. “This is the city, mind you, which gave the Jackson Five to the world,” my friend enlightened me. Then he asked: “Do you know that Jackson Five’s latest track single ABC has been on top of the Billboard chart in the last six weeks?” “Big deal”, I replied. “The Beatles used to churn out chart-bursting albums and singles, almost one after another, until they (Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harisson and drummer Ringo Starr) went their separate ways very recently…

Even the highly successful Supremes (an all-female cast) led by Diana Ross, sang Someday we’ll be together while breaking up, and as in the case of the Beatles, never came back as one, to the disappointment of their fans around the world. So what is so special about this new group?” My friend fell just short of predicting that Gary’s Jackson Five was going to be the world’s biggest-ever. In trying to convince me, he simply concluded, “This group is something special. Sooner than later, the entire world would start singing their songs.” Unfortunately, my American friend, whom I met on the Tennis courts of Rainbow Beach in southside Chicago, died soon after, in an automobile accident. I actually loved Jackson Five’s hit song ABC, but I was not too sure about my friend’s exaggerated optimism, especially in a music world that boasted of experienced groups like the Temptations, Four Tops, Gladys Knight and the Pips, the Undisputed Truth, the O Jays, ‘Blood, Sweat and Tears,’ Stylistics etc. I was convinced that, even though the Jackson Five were fabulous and had exceptional natural talent, and that their lead singer (not even of teenage yet) was really “something special,” I felt there was no room in such fiercely competitive industry for such children act to survive. I was sure they would be so choked that they would have no other choice than return to their school work and do what others their age would naturally pursue –– their studies, potentially leading to College (University) scholarships in Basketball, Baseball, NFL (Gridiron) Football, or Track. At that time, Tennis, Golf, and Ice Hockey were exclusive rights of whites.

While still mourning my tennis friend’s loss, other Jackson Five hits followed –– tracks like Got to be there, the love you save may be your own, I’ll be there etc which were competing favourably with Al Green’s Love and Happiness, Elton John’s My song; what’s going on by Marvin Gaye, Bridge over troubled waters by Simon and Garfonkle, Stylistics’ You made me feel brand new, We’ve only just begun by the Carpenters, Billy Withers Ain’t no sunshine, Fifth Dimension’s Acquarius, James Brown’s Sex machine, Staple Singers’ I’ll take you there, and Psychedelic, Shark by the Temptations. But it was not until the Jackson Five came out with ânother latest hit in the spring of 1971 titled Never can say goodbye, that I really began to miss my friend, Wes Michaelson, who had been trying to sell me the idea that at last, the Jackson Five was it. How I wished I had the opportunity to tell him that he had a convert in me. Michaelson was a whiteman and my doubles partner in the University of Illinois (Chicago Circle Campus) first team in Tennis. IT was during the summer of 1971, that I finally met 13-year-old Michael, the child lead-singer of a group, which had taken, not only the length and breadth of the United States, but the rest of the world, by storm. It was at the PUSH EXPO, organised by Civil Rights leader, Rev. Jesse L. Jackson at the Chicago Auditorium, in the southside of the “Windy City”, long before Basketball legend Michael Jordan a.k.a “Air” Jordan, came to Chicago, saw and conquered the world of Basketball with the Chicago Bulls, coached by Phil Jackson, the same man presently taking the Los Angeles Lakers to record breaking heights today.

Operation PUSH, the creation of Revd Jackson, a former aid and understudy of the assassinated civil rights leader, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr, are initials of the charity cause with a mission stated challenge –– PEOPLE United To Save Humanity The inaugural PUSH Expo, a week-long exhibition sought to highlight the outstanding achievements of African-Americans in all walks of life, ranging from politics, education, business entrepreneurship, music, acting, sports, publishing etc. On this summer day, the last day of the EXPO, it was the turn of artistes –– musicians and entertainers, who had made the blackman proud with their talent. All the who’s who, all those who have dominated music and entertainment were there, to offer their services through concerts rendered free of charge towards the Black Awareness cause championed by Rev. Jesse Jackson and his team. Having identified with the cause and often attended the Operation PUSH programmes as a member on Saturday mornings, I received a free ticket as a volunteer to the EXPO, including the Concert Day. It was there, at the Chicago Auditorium, venue of the event, that I first met music legends like Quincy Jones, Al Green, the Temptations, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Bill Withers, Isaac Hayes a.k.a the “Black Moses”, the Fifth Dimension, Nancy Wilson, Minnie Ripperton, Staple Singers, Sly and the family stone, James Brown, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, the O Jays, comic Bill Cosby, Roberta Flack, Donny Hathaway, Aretha Franklin, Millie Jackson (no relation of the Jackson Five), and actor Richard Roundtree. Fittingly, the best was saved for the last, with not a soul eager to leave the packed auditorium.

Suddenly, Bill Cosby ushered in the “raves of the moment”, when he announced, “Na – a-a-a-o! Please welcome the Jackson Five!!! When they opened with their latest hit tune–– The love you save may be your own –– there was bedlam in the place, as the appreciative fans, old and young, men and women, sang along. Some became joyfully hysterical, and some tried fruitlessly (too much security) to touch Michael, in particular. As an unpaid volunteer, I had the privilege of meeting and shaking hands with Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlone, and then Michael, with his boyish innocence. All of them were supremely handsome, but shy and soft spoken. But when Rev. Jesse Jackson told them I hailed from Africa, Michael’s eyes lit up immediately, and asked, “You came all the way from Africa? Do they play our songs over there?” When I answered that ABC was number one in the music charts in Nigeria, Michael shouted, “That’s great! Welcome to the United States.” It was the first and only time I ever saw Michael, nor indeed other members of the group, except on TV. But from that moment, they practically became a part of me all the way, till Michael felt called upon to answer a higher calling, in music, that is.

Their songs were my songs. I sang them in the bathroom, on the street, in the subway, while eating McDonald hamburgers, in-between lectures, and everywhere else. I was already back in Nigeria when Michael, as a solo artist, combined with another of my favourite legends –– music all rounder, Quincy Jones, (especially when he did big band jazz) to produce the Off the wall album in 1979. Michael’s rise to the very top of the music world did not surprise me one bit. His dancing –– from an emulation of James Brown, the Godfather of soul –– to his own innovations which blew everybody’s mind all over the world, it was sheer magic. MICHAEL did not stop there. He did not know how to stop. All he knew was making people all over the world happy with his talent, and also to constantly re-invent himself to suit his latest musical product. He sought to, and succeeded in uniting the world, breaking all barriers to make, in the words of one of his songs, “the world a better place.” As in one of his solo songs, he could “not stop until you’ve got enough.” And the world certainly could not get enough of Michael Jackson.” After that massively successful and trend-changing album came Thriller, which broke all previous world records in sales. He practically introduced the video as a marketing strategy, unmatched till this day. Michael became the biggest money making “machine” in the history of showbiz. He was an entertainer-businessman-philanthropist all rolled into one. No one invested more in charities all over the world. Never tired of success on all fronts, next came the album Bad, and when he did the moonwalk in dance to the tune Billie Jean, the world stood dazed in astonishment and admiration.

Michael had lifted the music world yet again to another level. Then he sang We are the world which became the world’s anthem. In January 1993, when he sang Heal the world and Black or White during the half-time of Super Bowl XXVII, it was the closest thing to being in heavenly bliss for the screaming and adoring fans.
And heavingly bliss is what Michael is enjoying right now, in the bossom of his Creator. As a Muslim friend said to me when Michael’s death was broken to us in Badagry on that fateful June 25 day, “Unknown to us, this man (Michael) is an anobi (Yoruba for God’s messenger). He has creditably answered God’s errand while he was with us. Anywhere he is now, he is at peace, and smiling at those of us (the human race, black or white, rich or poor) he left behind.
Michael sacrificed so much for humanity that it was not until his daughter, Paris Jackson paid her dad a tearful tribute on Tuesday that we realised that he is a father to some beautiful children. Many, especially skeptics or the murderous “PHD” (Pull Him Down) holders who abound in all walks of life all over the world, even in local politics, hardly realised that Michael indeed was a dutiful and affectionate father, who as a human being, could be hurt and could bleed in the heart like the rest of us.

It took 11 year-old Paris Jackson to educate us all when she paid a tearful tribute to her father, who was lying cold and helpless in a golden casket appropriately draped with roses, a memorial beamed live to around the globe. “Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine” she sobbed “And I just want to say that I love him, so much,” Paris managed to add as she broke down in tears and collapsed in the waiting hands of her aunt, Janet.
Perhaps we all can now heed Michael’s plea –– “Leave me alone.” As Queen Latifah said, “we had him.” And as Rev Al Sharpton told Michael’s children, “there weren’t nothing strange about your daddy… It was strange what your daddy had to deal with, but he dealt with it.”

MY own family and I, will never forget you, Michael. Yours was like a soundtrack of our own lives. We sang with you, danced with you, and cried with you, in troubled times. We also will never forget the words of Rev. Sharpton, who also said, “Michael rose to the top. He outsang, outdanced and outperformed the pessimists. Every time he got knocked down, he got back up. Every time you counted him out, he came back in. Michael never stopped! Michael never stopped!! Michael never stopped!!!
The world will never stop loving you. If anyone asked for my favourite Michael song and video, it is the “Earth song.”
Only a genius could have come up with such concept. Unto the earth we were born, on to earth shall we return.
Michael’s dad, Joseph said his son would even be bigger in death than in life. How profound. How accurate.
Michael, you will live for ever, in the minds of your fans world-wide, whom you loved so much.

The Source:
http://theguardianlifemagazine.blogspot.com/2009/08/michael-jackson-1958-2009-first-time.html

hrwithmj.jpg

Photo Credit: Splash News

The Blog Article:

Michael Jackson and Hrithik Roshan and 'Kites'
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 (EST)

May 18, 2010, (Sawf News) - Michael Jackson had a chance encounter with 'Kites' lead pair Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori while they were filming in Los Angeles in late 2008.
They met when Michael visited the spectacular $38 million Bel Air mansion, where Kites was being filmed. Michael was hoping to buy and make the mansion his new Neverland.

The 'Thriller' singer had reportedly been trying to seal a deal for the 15 bedroom mansion for seven years.

Recalling the encounter Hrithik reportedly said, ""I've been a huge Jackson fan since childhood. So dad [Rakesh Roshan, the films producer and fourth person in the photo] requested the mansion owner that we'd like to come over and meet Jackson. Instead he turned up in the room to meet us. That meeting is etched in my memory."

hrithik-roshan-kites-kiss-475x333.jpg

The Source:
http://www.sawfnews.com/entertainment/63069.aspx

michaeljackson5.jpg

Photographer John Sheehans on this photo:

Bernard Allen as Lord Mayor of Cork met Michael Jackson back stage in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1988. I was the lucky photographer there to capture the moment. I brought a selection of shots taken earlier of Michael arriving at Cork Airport and suggested to the Lord Mayor to have Michael autograph them.

When Michael saw the photos he looked through them with excitement, laughing and jumping around. He had no problem in autographing them, but he asked to keep a few of the shots for himself.

The Source:
http://twitpic.com/1m3q82

mumbai-girl-mj-313.jpg

Mumbai Girl talks about her night with Michael Jackson

Mumbai: Many Michael Jackson fans across the world are sad at having lost that one opportunity to see the superstar in person, but a lucky girl in Mumbai not only got to see him but also hugged and danced with him.

Thirteen-years ago, when Piya Thakkar stood in line to watch the historic Michael Jackson concert in Mumbai, little did she know that she'd come out a mini-celebrity herself.

It was an act Michael Jackson performed in every city during his History tour - dancing with a girl to his hit song You Are Not Alone and in Mumbai Piya was the lucky girl.

"Suddenly I was known as the girl who danced with Michael Jackson and I lost all other identity. I hugged him and he was trying to slow dance with me and then he just went down on his knees and I was so shocked," says Piya Thakkar.

Some fans had to be pulled away by security, others cried, and still more sat down on the stage in disbelief. Piya showed her loyalty by refusing to bathe or change clothes she'd worn at the concert for days.

"I didn't bathe for just about one-and-a-half days, but the number of days was exaggerated a little in reports, but then I realised I couldn't go on like this so I got over it after two days," says she.

It's no wonder then that when the news of Jackson's death flashed on TV screens across the world, Piya felt an almost personal loss.

"I'm not that much of a cry baby but for the past two-three days it's been consuming me. I just wish he'd died with all the legacy he deserved," says she.

And in making that wish for the late King of Pop, Piya is certainly not alone in the world.

[YOUTUBE]N8xW_-yX54Y[/YOUTUBE]

The Source:
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-girl-talks-about-her-night-with-jackson/95934-3.html

Last edited:
This one is for the German speakers (you can also hear Michael saying how much he loves children and how he wants to help them):

Michael invited the German family Wolf at Neverland, after first meeting them in Germany. The family lost their home due to some heavy flooding. The kids seemed to have some prejudice before meeting Michael, but all that changed after the actual meeting. They realized he's a totally normal human being.

Remember this? Kobe Bryant: (2009)

Kobe Bryant spoke about his relationship with Michael Jackson recently with Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski.

"It sounds weird, I guess, but it's true: I was really mentored by the preparation of Michael Jackson," Bryant told Yahoo!, adding: "We would always talk about how he prepared to make his music, how he prepared for concerts. He would teach me what he did: How to make a 'Thriller' album, a 'Bad' album, all the details that went into it. It was all the validation that I needed - to know that I had to focus on my craft and never waver. Because what he did - and how he did it - was psychotic. He helped me get to a level where I was able to win three titles playing with Shaq because of my preparation, my study. And it's only all grown. That's the mentality that I have - it's not an athletic one. It's not from [Michael] Jordan. It's not from other athletes. It's from Michael Jackson."

"One of the things he always told me was, don't be afraid to be different. In other words, when you have that desire, that drive, people are going to try to pull you away from that, and pull you closer to the pack to be 'normal.' And he was saying, It's O.K. to be that driven; it's O.K. to be obsessed with what you want to do. That's perfectly fine. Don't be afraid to not deviate from that. One of the books that he gave me that helped him communicate with me was "Jonathan Livingston Seagull," which was about that.

Beyond the genius of what he was, he was just a genuinely, genuinely nice person. He got me hooked on movies that I would normally never watch. Fred Astaire movies. All the old classics. I would never, never watch those. I remember my fiancée and I telling him we were getting married, and him just being really excited and actually just offering up the ranch to have our wedding there, because privacy was going to be an issue. We wanted to get married in a church, so that's what we wound up doing. But he made the offer. He was just a genuinely nice person who was exceptionally bright, exceptionally bright, and driven and talented. You mix those things together, man, you have Michael Jackson."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjsvei

[youtube]5x0tRTKLX40[/youtube]

The Blog Article:

“Michael Jackson was a legend who is sure to live in eternity. The whole world pursued him for his stardom and talent, but it was in Oman where he felt “truly at home”.

Michael came to Oman with plans for only three days, but he went on to stay with us for 45 days. He loved Oman and its people. People treated him with love, just like a close friend. Michael was very impressed by the love and hospitality he got here which was sadly missing from his life.

Michael was highly impressed by Omani’s rich culture and many a times visited the Muttrah Souq. He bought several souvenirs from the souq and got quite friendly with the people. He visited the homes of many Omani families and spent a lot of time with them. He learned a lot about Omani lifestyle.

Michael spent a lot of time with us in our house. We often got together for lunch and he soon became a part of our family. He felt very comfortable here and shared a lot about his life and how people had treated him. During one of those days, Michael told us about his children and said he wanted them to get the same affection that he received here. He asked them to come to Oman. When they finally arrived, he hugged them and told them in the car, “Welcome home, kids”. I told him: “Michael, be careful, I’ll quote this in the media.” He said, “I don’t care, I love being here.”

We didn’t ask him to say this. People in other places offered him so many things, but still he felt being at home in Oman.

At home, we had organised a party for his children to introduce them to our kids. My sisters prepared a cake for him and his children. It was very special as it had his kids’ names in Neverland and Peter Pan with Michael’s face saying, “Free to be me in Oman”. Michael had tears in his eyes and he told me, “I want to stay here.”

My nephew, Talal Zubair, is a big fan of Michael. At the party, he organised a show and imitated Michael’s moves and jives. Michael was thrilled and his kids said, “Dad, you have to take Talal with you on stage next time.”

Talal and Michael became very close and they used to talk over the phone most of the time. Talal was devastated when he heard the news. The entire family was.

I don’t care what the media says, but Michael was a loving father and was very patient with his kids. He used to teach them new things most of the time. I don’t believe all the rumours that float in the media.

One day we went with the kids to watch a movie. On his way back, Michael asked his son who was sitting behind in the car, what he learned from the movie. The boy was very intelligent and Michael was challenging him with more and more questions. He wanted his kids to be brilliant and to live the childhood he never had.

Michael himself read a lot. We gave him books about Oman’s heritage, architecture, crafts and music. One day he called me at 7 a.m. to ask about the different dynasties in Oman, the forts and the history. Michael was very open and he loved people. Many people visited him at the hotel where he stayed and took pictures with him, but nobody took advantage of his global celebrity status. They did not release the photos in the media. That’s why he felt secure in Oman. He loved Oman, because people treated him like an ordinary person. He was happy to be here. He had traveled around the world and people used to tell him “Michael, we love you.” Only in Oman they told him: “We love you and we want you to stay here”. Many people are very sad at such a great loss.

Michael was humble, generous and a true humanitarian. You would never believe what you hear or read about him if you had met him in person.

Sadly, people around him took advantage of him.

Michael left Oman to go to the US when James Brown died. He was very sad, but he promised to come back. He was planning to come to Oman in December this year to work with us.

He wanted to work especially with Dr Riyadh Hamzah, to compose music and write poems together. I have a recording that says how much he wanted to live in Oman.

We will miss him a lot but he will always be in our hearts. I don’t think the world will ever have another Michael Jackson. He was one of a kind.”

The Photo Gallery:

73232f2e57175b16f30b444ee4752e86_l.jpg

2003-2005-Various-Michael-visits-Oman-michael-jackson-9934830-453-604.jpg

oman10.jpg

oman11.jpg

oman7.jpg

oman8.jpg

The Source:
http://www.truemichaeljackson.com/true-stories/michael-in-oman/

Last edited:
3nhb.jpg

Me with Michael

My Meeting with Michael Jackson
Posted on January 31, 2013 by Gessica Puglielli

There is an exact reason why I decided to write this post: very often I receive mails and messages about my meeting with Michael Jackson. People, especially the fans, want to know how he was, what his voice sounded like, was he tall, was he shy, was he weird? I get asked tens of questions. I understand the curiosity and though it’s not easy to recollect every moment of that incredible day, I always try my best and offer a detailed report of it.

At that time I was 23 years old, I had been a Michael Jackson admirer for 12 years already and had been spending my last 7 years founding and running MJ fan clubs. This led me to establish excellent relations with Michael’s staff. At that time, I was very close to then MJJ Productions Vice-President Bob Jones.

One year earlier, in 1999 I had been granted a visit inside the MJJ Productions headquarters on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. This is another incredible adventure I will tell you about in another post. Yes, I had the chance to touch with my own hands the Thriller Grammys and more.

Back to my meeting with the King, it was late 1999 when I came to know Michael was planning to attend the 2000 World Music Awards in Monte-Carlo and receive the Artist of the Millennium Award. At that time I was the president of Child’s Heart, a fan club that was officially recognised by Michael and MJJ Productions and used to publish a full colour, glossy magazine distributed all over the Italian newstands. I was living in Rome then and Child’s Heart was based in Rome, so we planned to gather the fans and travel to Monte-Carlo to see Michael. Bob Jones was going to join him in his trip to Europe, so I knew there was a high possibility I was going to meet Michael.

My predictions turned out pretty much accurate.The show was planned to be held on May 10th 2000 at the Sporting Club, but we arrived on the 8th so that we could get a glimpse of Michael. He arrived that same day, causing hysteria among the hundreds of fans waiting outside the Hotel de Paris. The next day, I had the chance to meet Bob Jones who had arrived in Monte-Carlo, too. He hugged me and told me to meet him in thirty minutes at the the entrance of the Hotel de Paris. I had with me a beautiful charcoal painting of Michael and his son Prince as a gift. I was waiting outside the hotel when Bob came and took me inside to meet Michael’s then-bodyguard Nagin. He introduced me and two friends who were with me as “dear friends from Rome.” “Treat them well and take them to Michael”, were his words, still echoing in my mind. Next thing I knew I was in the elevator with Nagin and my friends: destination Michael’s suite.

The charchoal painting I gave to Michael..

Once at the top floor, we were told to wait in the corridor. After some longer-than-usual minutes, we saw the door at the end of the corridor opening. Three japanese fans came out of it and we could see Michael was there, waiting for us at the door. We were told we could walk towards him, now. When we approached the door, he slightly took a bow and welcomed us in the room. First thing I noticed was his kindness and you could sense his humility. Second thing I noticed was his perfume, very strong. For those who always ask, he was dressed in blank pants, black boots, white t-shirt, black jacket, red mask and a 3T baseball cap. He was taller than I expected, very handsome. In the first minutes he looked pretty much shy, we told him we were simply happy to meet him and that we thought he was in excellent shape and that we couldn’t wait to see him on stage.

Of all the things I remember of that encounter, the one that I cherish most is the fact that I had the chance to watch him in his eyes in person. He had incredible eyes; don’t know whether it is because of his childhood, his past, his unusual life or his artistic soul, but Michael Jackson’s eyes had nothing in common with human eyes. They were shiny, deep and strong, like dark stones with a melting core. It’s difficult even to find the words to describe them.

After chatting for some minutes (he asked where we were coming from), I handed him our gift, the painting of him with his son Prince. He was incredibly touched, he started staring at it and looking closely, asking us who had done it, and thanking us like a hundred times. After that, he looked less and less shy, more relaxed. His voice was normal, deep, not high pitched at all. I then gave him the Child’s Heart magazines I had with me: he started checking them and at a certain point I found myself shoulder to shoulder with Michael, turning the pages of the magazine, with him telling me which one he liked most (it happened to be, of course, the issue where I wrote a comparative report between him and Charlie Chaplin). After the magazines, it was time for the photos.

I asked him if we could take some pictures together, he smiled and said “yes of course”. I went first, determined to hug him, which I did. I held him strong in my arms, I actually could feel he was slim but not fragile, on the contrary, he was quite toned. After taking the photo, I asked him for a kiss on the cheek, he hugged me and said “yes”. At that point I shifted the red mask he was wearing and while still hugging him I kissed him right under the ear on the jaw. I could see he was wearing the mask because he had little make up on and was unshaved, so he probably needed to cover the blotches on the skin.

After my two friends took their own photos with him, sadly it was time to say goodbye. We shook hands again, he thanked us, we thanked him, but it was time to leave. Outside there were our friends waiting for us, the media who knew we had just met Michael Jackson wanted to interview us but we declined.

It was undoubtedly one of the most incredible days in my life, having the chance to meet and talk to one of the most special beings that ever walked on this planet. A being who has changed the life of millions of people and, of course, mine. Thank you, Michael.

In the next posts, I’ll tell you of my visit inside the MJJ Productions Studios, my dinner at Michael’s table in Monte-Carlo, my meeting with Michael’s vocal coach Seth Riggs and my first-row ticket at the Madison Square Garden in New York in 2001. Stay tuned.

The Source:
http://gessicapuglielli.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/my-meeting-with-michael-jackson/

mumbai-girl-mj-313.jpg

Mumbai Girl talks about her night with Michael Jackson

Mumbai: Many Michael Jackson fans across the world are sad at having lost that one opportunity to see the superstar in person, but a lucky girl in Mumbai not only got to see him but also hugged and danced with him.

Thirteen-years ago, when Piya Thakkar stood in line to watch the historic Michael Jackson concert in Mumbai, little did she know that she'd come out a mini-celebrity herself.

It was an act Michael Jackson performed in every city during his History tour - dancing with a girl to his hit song You Are Not Alone and in Mumbai Piya was the lucky girl.

"Suddenly I was known as the girl who danced with Michael Jackson and I lost all other identity. I hugged him and he was trying to slow dance with me and then he just went down on his knees and I was so shocked," says Piya Thakkar.

Some fans had to be pulled away by security, others cried, and still more sat down on the stage in disbelief. Piya showed her loyalty by refusing to bathe or change clothes she'd worn at the concert for days.

"I didn't bathe for just about one-and-a-half days, but the number of days was exaggerated a little in reports, but then I realised I couldn't go on like this so I got over it after two days," says she.

It's no wonder then that when the news of Jackson's death flashed on TV screens across the world, Piya felt an almost personal loss.

"I'm not that much of a cry baby but for the past two-three days it's been consuming me. I just wish he'd died with all the legacy he deserved," says she.

And in making that wish for the late King of Pop, Piya is certainly not alone in the world.

[YOUTUBE]N8xW_-yX54Y[/YOUTUBE]

The Source:
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-girl-talks-about-her-night-with-jackson/95934-3.html

i am also indian.

[YOUTUBE]FmxdkXY488E[/YOUTUBE]

Meeting Michael Jackson 2003

Uploaded on Jun 27, 2009

I met Michael Jackson back in 2003 in Las Vegas at the Radio Music Awards. He autographed my drumhead real nice at 1:02 timeline! I haven't seen this video since 2004.

Dug it up since hearing of the horrible news of his death. Watching it, some little kid was annoying me. He kept yelling, "Michael! Michael!" the whole time.

I recorded it from my tv screen into my digital camera because the original is on analog 8mm film. I inserted pictures of the autograph drumhead into the video, I don't know how I could fake that? I signed a drumhead with his hard to duplicate signature?

If anyone would like to digitize the original please do so :)

Rest In Eternal Peace King Of Pop!

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]Ves1z1p9oTQ[/YOUTUBE]

Kanye West On the Day He Met Michael Jackson..
BY DAVID DRAKE | NOV 26, 2013 | 10:39 AM | PERMALINK

(Michael Jackson discussion begins at 7:50)

Kanye West joined Peter Rosenberg and Cipha Sounds on Juan Epstein's podcast today. Peter Rosenberg asked him about his '90s production inspirations, whether he preferred Pete Rock or Primo, and asks "Did you ever meet Dilla in person?"

Then Kanye West talks about meeting Michael Jackson at Lyor Cohen's home, and tells the story of which album in Ye's catalog MJ may have been unintentionally responsible for.

The Source:
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/11/kanye-west-michael-jackson-juan-epstein

Last edited:
Back