Memorial At Staples Center: Fans & fan clubs should have been given tix FIRST!

The same happened when the MJ tickets went on sale in the beginning for This Is It. Anybody fighting for presale codes etc and so on.

I believe fans should have got the tickets, fan sites gone into lockdown and tickets offered. Also a lot of fans know fans who arent on the fansites and I think would have been able to assist with this.

the fact is, tickets are on sale on ebay, obviously the touts etc have been fighting to get them. I know people who applied for tickets but had no intention of going.

For a lot of fans the memorial means the world. And I actually think its absolute bad manners in how from This Is It to Memorial have been handled. I dont blame the family because people are there to take control and organise for them.

At the mo, its a very 'in thing' and for a lot of people going to the memorial will be something to brag about and then to forget, but for the fans it is something far more lasting and deeper.

I agree you dont have to be there to be a part of it. But if peoples desire is so then they should have been given the opportunity and priority as fans.

We have all been to concerts where the corporates or those who could pay any amount have the best seats, and where are they usually - in the exec lounge, not watching. If the touts cant sell the tickets, if the people who just for a laugh entered for a ticket or if those who had no intention of going or to be honest within such a short time actually managing to get from one side of the world then there may well be some empty spaces.

I agree with you vegasfan. I wish the only people who were getting tickets were fans of Michael or at least cared about the man, not just people there just to feel like they were in the "in" crowd and ready to sell images on sites like TMZ. A prime example of what you said are the ticket prices on ebay that people are trying to sell tickets(I'm talking about the ones from $500-$100,000 USD) to the memorial service they are having tomorrow. I am so sickened and think it is the most vile thing I've seen people do since MJ's passing. They are depending on us fans to buy those tickets. Jermaine did say that this memorial service is just the beginning of the memorial service, so hopefully there will be more services people may be able to attend.

P.S. I don't blame the family at all, I'm just mad that people who are trying to win tickets were the main ones who weren't supportive of MJ in his life or dogged him out. But that's human nature for ya.

Donna, I am sick about this as well. I've been in California since Wednesday, making my rounds to Neverland, the Encino and Holmby Hills homes, walk of fame, etc. I did not get tickets and it hurts like hell. Thinking I should tuck my tail between my legs and go home today so I can watch on television.

I can't believe what Donna said is being so misunderstood.

Do you people not realize that more than half that stadium will be filled with people who got the ticket just to be there for the fun of it...because it's gonna be a very historical event. Those bastards are even trying to sell their tickets for thousands of dollars! Don't know if they are allowed, but they're trying. These people never gave Michael the light of day when he was ALIVE. All of the sudden every damn person in the world is a fan and feels entitled to be apart of him and his memorial/funeral...

Meanwhile you have true fans who loved and cared for Michael beyond his song "Billie Jean" and won't even be able to go to the memorial. People who were there throughout Michael's life, supporting him in every way, and who actually deserved to be in one place and mourn together and pay their respects to Michael while being in each other's comfort.

Now I'm not saying people can't pay their respects to him in some other form...in fact, I don't wanna go to the damn memorial, I'll be glad to just watch it on TV because I don't wanna be around dumb ass spectators that are there just for the hell of it. But the way this was handled was sad. I understand the family is going through a lot of stress and grief right now, and I'm not sure what method would have been good to assure that real fans filled that stadium up.............but don't be attacking someone who has every right to be angry about the situation.

Do you people not realize that more than half that stadium will be filled with people who got the ticket just to be there for the fun of it...because it's gonna be a very historical event. Those bastards are even trying to sell their tickets for thousands of dollars! Don't know if they are allowed, but they're trying. These people never gave Michael the light of day when he was ALIVE. All of the sudden every damn person in the world is a fan and feels entitled to be apart of him and his memorial/funeral...

Meanwhile you have true fans who loved and cared for Michael beyond his song "Billie Jean" and won't even be able to go to the memorial. People who were there throughout Michael's life, supporting him in every way, and who actually deserved to be in one place and mourn together and pay their respects to Michael while being in each other's comfort.

Now I'm not saying people can't pay their respects to him in some other form...in fact, I don't wanna go to the damn memorial, I'll be glad to just watch it on TV because I don't wanna be around dumb ass spectators that are there just for the hell of it. But the way this was handled was sad. I understand the family is going through a lot of stress and grief right now, and I'm not sure what method would have been good to assure that real fans filled that stadium up.............but don't be attacking someone who has every right to be angry about the situation.

:yes:

Well said Arus
:yes:-_-:(

Arus,
You are so right darling....I stayed around for more than a week hoping to say my last goodbye...for nothing...remember how at Encino we couldnt find our place near the media and the curious with stereos blasting loud Thriller outside a grieving family's home? We weren't even allowed to light candles there...My heart is bleeding...I am back in NY after spending so much money and grieving a lot...and I don't know how I am going to go through tomorrow...Remember what I said at the hospital to you girls, while holding each other...that we need to see him and say goodbye..in that crazy moment that was my only consollation...
Love forever,
Irena

Back