Memorial At Staples Center: Fans & fan clubs should have been given tix FIRST!

I completely understand what you mean BUT, its very hard to organise something like this and include the fans

Just because someone is a member of a forum does not mean they loved Michael anymore or any less than us. So it is very hard to pic out 17,000 fans. MILLIONS of fans want to be there

Yes, youre right....I understand. Its just so frustrating. All of our hearts are just aching....ugh.....

Yes, youre right....I understand. Its just so frustrating. All of our hearts are just aching....ugh.....

I know, but just because some people get tickets doesnt mean they love him anymore or any less than any of the people who have to mourn at work or at home. It will just be a gathering of fans in one building.

Im sure there will be lots of gatherings of fans to show there collective love for Michael

Re: Memorial At Staples Center: Fan clubs should have been given tix FIRST!

Let me give you an example when I say people who are not true fans.

I spent a lot of time at Hayvenurst several days ago. One couple who was there was singing, "One less freak in the world"........others were saying, "Oh, look....lets go see if we can get on TV"........

These are the people who shouldnt be at Michaels memorial......people who make fun of him and are only there to be "looky Loo's".

I know its impossible to screen whos a fan and whos not....thats why I'm saying that I wish there was a way real fans could have been allowed tix first......after family & friends. Do you see what I mean????? I'm not talking about whos a bigger fan.....only that any real fans had a chance to go before haters......which I know is impossible to "screen". Agh, its just very frustrating.......

I know exactly what you mean! It isn't about people who are bigger fans deserving to be there, it's about people who loved him compared to people who just want to see "a show".

Well I am glad ppl that have come to this thread have realized that Vegas didn't mean for her post to come off as harsh or that she is pissed that his family didn't think about the fans. We all know the last thing that was on their minds was how are we going to bury MJ, I believe they were thinking more along the lines of "When is the best time to leave for London, and should we stay with MJ or rent our own place?"... I just hope that the ppl that show up are true fans and not just gawkers. In my heart I know all his fans will be somewhere watching the service and MJ will be sitting right there with all of us letting us know that he is ok and in a happy peaceful place.

Well I am glad ppl that have come to this thread have realized that Vegas didn't mean for her post to come off as harsh or that she is pissed that his family didn't think about the fans. We all know the last thing that was on their minds was how are we going to bury MJ, I believe they were thinking more along the lines of "When is the best time to leave for London, and should we stay with MJ or rent our own place?"... I just hope that the ppl that show up are true fans and not just gawkers. In my heart I know all his fans will be somewhere watching the service and MJ will be sitting right there with all of us letting us know that he is ok and in a happy peaceful place.

Thank you.....I'm glad some of you here understand what I mean & what I was trying the express. I never meant this post to become a fight over who was a bigger fan. It is about fans verses people in the general public who never were and are not now. Thank God some of you understand....thank you.

i understand donna its very frustrating for the fans. when u know for a fact that the majority who have applied for tickets prob aint that bothered cause where they all been the last 15 years.tbh i doubt they think about this .its just about making sure some tickets go out there so at least some fans get them .i mean what about the fans who are out there now from europe. the chances of getting a ticket into the staples is about 1% when u compair the amount of ppl who registared to tickets availalbe. fans who have followed mj around the world for years. got to know him personally and now some guy from compton who fancies being able to say "i was there" will be inside instead of them. but what can u do. most fans who want ot be there cant cause of it being such sort notice. and jerm said they plan to have services all over the place and we can only hope in time mj goes home to nev and we go and spend time near him then.because i think alot of fans really need closure and to say goodby in someway or beable to visit him in some form and feel peace from that

i understand donna its very frustrating for the fans. when u know for a fact that the majority who have applied for tickets prob aint that bothered cause where they all been the last 15 years.tbh i doubt they think about this .its just about making sure some tickets go out there so at least some fans get them .i mean what about the fans who are out there now from europe. the chances of getting a ticket into the staples is about 1% when u compair the amount of ppl who registared to tickets availalbe. fans who have followed mj around the world for years. got to know him personally and now some guy from compton who fancies being able to say "i was there" will be inside instead of them. but what can u do. most fans who want ot be there cant cause of it being such sort notice. and jerm said they plan to have services all over the place and we can only hope in time mj goes home to nev and we go and spend time near him then.because i think alot of fans really need closure and to say goodby in someway or beable to visit him in some form and feel peace from that

Thank you! Well said....thats exactly what i mean!!!! Thank God some of you "get it"! There are those of us who have been die-hard fans for years and years that Michael knows. I know he would want us and all fans to be there......not the "looky loo" people who never were fans that all of the sudden claim they are now. I give up trying to explain to those of you who dont underdstand. I said what I feel, period. If you dont agree with me and others who feel the same....oh well. I give up.......

Id hate the thought of some guy who scored the day off work just to see the circus being there rather than some of the fans on here that really want to be there

That kinda thing makes me sick to think about

I agree VegasMJFan and i understand what you mean hun xx

Thank you! Well said....thats exactly what i mean!!!! Thank God some of you "get it"! There are those of us who have been die-hard fans for years and years that Michael knows. I know he would want us and all fans to be there......not the "looky loo" people who never were fans that all of the sudden claim they are now. I give up trying to explain to those of you who dont underdstand. I said what I feel, period. If you dont agree with me and others who feel the same....oh well. I give up.......

yeah i agree mj would defo feel like that. im not one of thee oldie hardcores but i spent the last 10 years sat outside hotels in london/n.Y etc following seeing and thankfully meeting mj. those late night texts of mikes in london lol i know exactly how he felt about his fans i experienced it many times. his kind gestures/pizzas /hot chocolate flying notes out of windows lets flash the lights on and off in the bathroom games lol . of course he would want us all there. familiar faces who keep cropping up and hes sat there thinking not u guys again lol. i just dont think anyone but us and mike will ever understand how deep that connection was and will always be. and theres no doubt he would want us there. i just hope in the future that can be furfilled so we can all gain some peace from this cause thats all mj would want for us. not to be in so much pain because of what has happened :cry:

id hate the thought of some guy who scored the day off work just to see the circus being there rather than some of the fans on here that really want to be there

that kinda thing makes me sick to think about

i agree vegasmjfan and i understand what you mean hun xx

bless you for understanding!!!!!!!!

Ah, I have expected something beautiful, more beautiful than Lady Di's funeral....we the fans who were with him before the tragedy, and loved him and frankly knew him more than most of the people who will be attending the actual funeral, will be left heart broken, unable to be near him. Frankly I believe the Staple center thing will just be a TV show, where people will be paying respects to him, without him even being there...We wanted to be able to line the streets when he was driven by in a white carriage or something...or be able to line even for days to pass in front of him for a last time...we ordered big white heart florals...But not this, he deserved fans to be there for him...in a sweet procession, full of love....Why hasn't anyone in the family thought of this? Why? My heart is broken again....
But I need to make my peace...I passed by his house again last night and lighted candles from all the fans...telling him that we are with him forever...regardless where we are...he is everywhere and sees us...
Love forever..

I think that people need to stop acting as if belonging to a fan board gives you a monopoly on the love for Michael. It doesn't. People prayed for him throughout the trial that never knew what fan boards existed. People loved his music that never logged onto a computer. People want to honor him. This is not about a "who loved Michael the most" contest. This is not about fan boards. This is simply about Michael--a man who never distinguished which "group" of fans he loved or cherished.

I can't believe the gripes over a memorial service. Somethings just shouldn't be the focus of gripes and "I want" statements. That has coursed through his whole life.

This is all about letting him rest in peace. Just let this one thing about Michael be in peace--no "but, I want . . . ." There is no way that this can be organized to make things better. Only one thing could do that and sadly that one thing is out of our hands as we continue to cope with the fact that he won't be coming back.

Just let the situation surrounding him be in peace for once whether on the fan boards, in the streets, etc.

Ah, I have expected something beautiful, more beautiful than Lady Di's funeral....we the fans who were with him before the tragedy, and loved him and frankly knew him more than most of the people who will be attending the actual funeral, will be left heart broken, unable to be near him. Frankly I believe the Staple center thing will just be a TV show, where people will be paying respects to him, without him even being there...We wanted to be able to line the streets when he was driven by in a white carriage or something...or be able to line even for days to pass in front of him for a last time...we ordered big white heart florals...But not this, he deserved fans to be there for him...in a sweet procession, full of love....Why hasn't anyone in the family thought of this? Why? My heart is broken again....
But I need to make my peace...I passed by his house again last night and lighted candles from all the fans...telling him that we are with him forever...regardless where we are...he is everywhere and sees us...
Love forever..

What makes you think that people who didn't belong to fan boards didn't love him also? Add the number of people belonging to fan boards. What would be sad is if anyone thought that number even began to measure the stretch of people that loved him and want to honor him.

Again, Michael never distinguished his fans. And he never measured them by which fan board they belonged to or even if they belonged to one. When he announced his plans for returning to the stage, he announced them to the world--because he knew he had the world's heart.

People please.. At this time.. I don't know how you could even think about attacking someone like this. Those who were who did so should be ashamed. The way you can honor Michael's legacy is to be a better person, treat people better, Make this world a better place. What you did is the opposite of what Michael wanted. Some apologies need to be given out here.

Donna, I know what you are saying, BUT, a fan is a fan, nobody can possible deceide who deserves to be there other then family and close friends. I know you have followed him everywhere and organized alot of great things. With that came great opportunities for you.. U know? Michael did that for you. This memorial is not in Michael's hands. Try to accept that. Be strong and know that Michael appreciated your dedication to him. Hopefully you may be even lucky enough to get tickets in the lottery or elsewhere. But, if not, Remember there are millions of fans all over the world, who never got to meet him, never got to see him in person or in concert. U have been very fortunate. Count your blessings, girl.

Couldn't agree with you more, MJ only lived for his fans and family, nobody else.

Everyone betrayed him, the vile media, the city of LA and LAPD, the tickets should only go to his fans. This is it was for his fans, and so should his funeral.

I understand what Donna is saying.......hopefully though, through some devine inetervention, that MJ's true fans will wind up getting those tickets.

What makes you think that people who didn't belong to fan boards didn't love him also? Add the number of people belonging to fan boards. What would be sad is if anyone thought that number even began to measure the stretch of people that loved him and want to honor him.

Again, Michael never distinguished his fans. And he never measured them by which fan board they belonged to or even if they belonged to one. When he announced his plans for returning to the stage, he announced them to the world--because he knew he had the world's heart.

I wasn't distinguishing among fans...I said that ALL fans should have been allowed to queue up to see him...ALL...but now it will only be approx. 5000 that will see a tribute, not him...
Bless you all and keep his legacy and message of love...I think everybody is grieving now and not thinking straight...I hope at some point fans all over the world will get organized and keep his legacy going...

what they should have done is, the same way its gonna be livecast from the staples center to the nokia theater across the street... well they should have done that world wide in every major city. Live cast it to other theaters, so then many of us may go despite wherever we would be located

I agree with Donna. I was kind of surprised that AEG or someone didn't distribute some of the tickets to major fan clubs and forums. Then, let the fan clubs and forums distribute from there. It would have been nice to show appreciation to loyal fans. Also, the club/forum members who went could share their experiences with those who didn't get to go.

I assume that with the stress of dealing with their loss and planning everything, the family either didn't consider it or couldn't put together a plan quickly enough.

Who cares if you don't have a ticket, still go! Stuff the cops, we have every right to mourn with everyone else! They just don't want to show the world how loved he is!

I think that people need to stop acting as if belonging to a fan board gives you a monopoly on the love for Michael. It doesn't. People prayed for him throughout the trial that never knew what fan boards existed. People loved his music that never logged onto a computer. People want to honor him. This is not about a "who loved Michael the most" contest. This is not about fan boards. This is simply about Michael--a man who never distinguished which "group" of fans he loved or cherished.

I can't believe the gripes over a memorial service. Somethings just shouldn't be the focus of gripes and "I want" statements. That has coursed through his whole life.

This is all about letting him rest in peace. Just let this one thing about Michael be in peace--no "but, I want . . . ." There is no way that this can be organized to make things better. Only one thing could do that and sadly that one thing is out of our hands as we continue to cope with the fact that he won't be coming back.

Just let the situation surrounding him be in peace for once whether on the fan boards, in the streets, etc.

You are stuck on the word "fan board". Its not about fan board people Vs. non fan board people. Its more about someone who supported Michael even when everyone turned their back on him, loved his music but also saw the wonderful special soul he had Vs. someone who wasnt supportive during Michael's lowest points, who probably only listens to Thriller when it comes on the radio and sees this as the "event" of a lifetime.

Edit to add: Anything short of a funeral percession (I know I spelled that wrong) isnt going to meet everyones needs and or wants. Since that cant be done we just have to deal the best we can, i guess...

i never was a member of any fanclub....i didn,t liked the ones here in the netherlands, they were always ganging up.....
Does that made me less fan?
No.....
Everyone should be treaten equal and that,s what,s happening now...

:yes::yes::yes:
Because you were in a fan club doesn't make you more of a fan. There were plenty of people who are fans of Michael. Silent fans who didn't care what people reaction was toward how they felt and they may not have belong to a fan club. The world has lost Michael Jackson, not just fans clubs.

I agree with Donna. I was kind of surprised that AEG or someone didn't distribute some of the tickets to major fan clubs and forums. Then, let the fan clubs and forums distribute from there. It would have been nice to show appreciation to loyal fans. Also, the club/forum members who went could share their experiences with those who didn't get to go.

I assume that with the stress of dealing with their loss and planning everything, the family either didn't consider it or couldn't put together a plan quickly enough.

I do know that the fan clubs all KNOW fans who have shown some extra dedication to Michael over the years, and if at least some of the tickets had come out through the fan clubs then some of those dedicated fans would have been there to represent the rest of the extended MJ family that has formed around the clubs.

I left the fan club scene some years ago, but never left Michael's side. I don't know Gary or anyone who runs this board, but this place has been a godsend and a consolation for me over the last days, and I would have been more than happy to trust them to allocate some tickets as they think best.

Yes, fans will get to go to the memorial, but unless they were very lucky, they will have to be rich fans. ($10,000 and rising....)

Angie
x

There's no perfect or totally fair solution in this situation, every solution has it's downside. I think with the scope of this event and short amount of time, they did the best they could, also considering they're also grieving as a family.

Please dont get me wrong......I know its not about me. I would NEVER think that at all. Thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that knowing Michael, I know he would want ALL of us there.....the ones who truly loved him and supported him. PLEASE dont take what I'm saying the wrong way. Its so hard to express things in writing....I'm not saying its about "me"......I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is that I wish US, his longtime true fans would have gotten the opportunity to be there to say our good byes and to pay our respects. Agh.........its so hard to explain. I truly am sorry if you are taking it the wrong way and thinking its all about "ME". I would never think that....ever.......thats not in my heart to think that way. Is there anyone who understand what I'm trying to say/express?

I agree with you completly. Knowing Michael, I believe he would be against this and be disappointed. He would want everyone to be able to go and not leave anyone out. This whole process is unfair I believe. Not one person from MJJC got a ticket, have they? That worries me.

That's sad but then again, this is a memorial and not a funeral.
I can remember Michael wherever I want and since Michael is not going to be there I don't have to see it at the staples centre.
Watching it at home on a big screen is good enough for me and will probably give me a better view anyway.
It's true that being there with all of the other fans is irreplaceable but then hey, we've got the mjjcommunity forum.

ok lemme digest this thread a bit.

im stuck in this shit right now. neverland is a mess. people are selling shit left and right, NO people there the last two days, w/ teh exception of kadir, were there during the trial that I SAW.

fans camped out at hayvenhurst, crying in the corner, the real fans, in utter shock at the news and are truly trying to grieve but we can't.

im in buellton right now, reading thru the forum, trying to make sense of this. we came here to get closure, to say goodbye, and to honor him in his passing. what we're seeing is people exploiting others in their grief.

u got folks selling the tickets that they prolly don't have for $500 a pop. u got people worried sick over the memorial and if the y're gonna get in. spending thousands to get here on a whim, been here since wednesday, and now the y're afraid it's all for naught.

it's an understandable emotion. anger, we've felt it then and we're feeling it now.

how initially they wanted to minimize this and only allow the us fans to do this then decided to open it up tot eh whole world and make the odds even slimmer. on one hand this benefits those who came from afar, yet those who have been camped here since the 26th are now distraught.

u got folks straight up going mad over this. is it wrong for fans to WANT to maake sure that those mouring mj are actually fans and want to say goodbye and not people who just wantedt someting fun to do on tuesday?

Back