Men Claim Share of Michael Jackson's Estate (Broderick Morris and Quadree El-Amin)

^^

what's the purpose of unrelated pictures on this thread? there's no need to slow the thread with a lot on pictures.

^^ Samples of Michael's signature is on topic as it relates to the alleged signed minutes.

Ive seen a YouTube video where pearl jr. mentions being at the trial. TM has also mentioned her.

Maybe they got a taste of fame from that.

Yeah i heard she was around then but since 09 its like they have become wannabe celebs

^^ Samples of Michael's signature is on topic as it relates to the alleged signed minutes.

Not really. No one questioned the signature being Michael's or not. I wrote "MJ's signature". RF said "MJ's floating signature". No one on this thread questioned authenticity. The only semi related authenticity topic was about a faxed letter Bain previously found years later in her own lawsuit and how a faxed signature cannot be determined if to be real or copied.

As I mentioned before rather hinting requests while ignoring the effort goes into acquiring such documents, you can simply ask "Ivy can you please post the documents?" and I will.

ivy;4126063 said:
Not really. No one questioned the signature being Michael's or not.

Not quite.

ivy;4125958 said:
funny enough Bain was the person that incorporated the company on MJ's behalf. MJ didn't handle paperwork etc.

So the options are

- that signed minutes document is forged - hence why the incorporation didn't show the shares
- MJ signed it and later changed his mind - hence why the incorporation didn't show the shares.
- MJ signed it and meant it but it was Bain's incompetence that didn't record the shares at incorporation documents.

Bubs;4126003 said:
Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post

- that signed minutes document is forged - hence why the incorporation didn't show the shares.
I think that is my pick, given that in the past case, all of sudden Raymone was able to find letter from MJ to support her case:
"In October 2010, a few months after that decision, Bain moved for relief from the judgment based on "newly discovered evidence." She had come into possession of a letter from Jackson to Bain stating, "I have never terminated your services nor did I null and void any of your Agreements. I know nothing about a release form. I neither authorized or signed the same. Therefore, I am authorizing you to continue to communicate with Mr. Yakoob regarding the Sultan's property in Las Vegas, and to continue your role as my General Manager and President/COO of The Michael Jackson Company.""
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/michael-jacksons-publicist-cant-revive-703590

You may have also missed Bubs comment or maybe Bubs is also "not asking nicely" in your view.

Bubs;4126003 said:
By the way: My favorite part of the complaint is an exhibit– in which El-Amin et al add on their June 1, 2006 contract with Jackson. The agreement claim that Michael intends for his son Prince to become Chairman of this new company they all started together when the boy “finishes scoool.” Yes, that’s the way it’s written, just above Michael’s floating signature. LOL."

Did we ever get to read the actual complaint and where did he get it?
I wonder who did the spell check for that agreement:)

Last edited:
Not quite.

You understand that I wrote the document being forged, not the signature? Follow up posts about the faxed letter should have made this clear.

If it's not clear, allow me explain it really really simple way. You take a MJ signature - a real signature, put it on a paper and type "I give everything to Tygger". Voila a forged document with a legit looking signature.

Regardless let's not slow the thread with a lot of pictures. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Just read her TL and twit longer. Oh dear. Another fan making it all about themselves.

I'm very disappointed as she kind of promised big blow up thing and that twit longer did not meet the requirements for any sort of blow up:scratch:
At least she mentioned one important thing - Weitzman kept looking at her:doh:

^^

probably what they define as a "blow up" and what you define as "blow up" are different things. I mean look to Randy situation. He had a declaration. But it turned to Randy's case challenging the will. They seem to blow up stuff out of proportions.

^^^That must be it then.
Maybe she thought that big blow up thingy was about that Nadine King worked for IRS and Sony/ATV, which made Weitzman so nervous that he had to ask break or something?

Tomorrow is the last day allocated for this trial according to case summary?

Last edited:
I was gonna ask. So a few days trial? Any reports quoting why they waited so long to file and never even checked they were on the paper work

^^^ I guess that's how a hoax works, lots of words and build up but not much content - or facts.

It's a shame that someone is sitting in the courtroom and there is such little feed back.

It's a shame that someone is sitting in the courtroom and there is such little feed back.
-----------

Sums them up doesnt it. Priorities,priorites.

ivy;4126066 said:
You understand that I wrote the document being forged, not the signature? Follow up posts about the faxed letter should have made this clear.

Friedman states Michael most likely misspelled school above his signature which suggests the document was not forged because Michael signed it and included the misspelling.

The validity of Michael’s signature on the minutes is a valid question. It seems the signature was not forged in your and Friedman’s views.

By the way, I (and it seems others) had no clue you had a copy of the minutes until you posted your reply to me. Regardless, I hold the same view as the Estate: if there was any change in ownership, Tohme would be sure to know.

To be fair, probably there isn't much to report. It would be quite focused on business. I imagine the hearings to be quite technical and dry.

Friedman states Michael most likely misspelled school above his signature

It's a typed document not handwriting. I'm quite sure MJ wasn't the one doing the typing (and he is referred to in third person), it's a job for the secretary aka Bain. I'm not quite sure how a typo means the document wasn't forged.

Regardless, I hold the same view as the Estate: if there was any change in ownership, Tohme would be sure to know.

Tohme replaced Bain and made himself the manager of the company. Tohme's lawyer sent an email to AEG saying MJ was the sole member. so what is the "change of ownership" you are talking about? It looks like Tohme thought it was MJ's company with no other members/owners.

I found a couple of general references to Qadree El Amin. He has a healthy self -regard....
The 'blogtalk radio' link comprises an interview with him, but I really can't hear very much. The sound quality doesn't seem very good...or maybe its me...

I see that there is a biography of QEA available. There are 'thanks' in the front of the book to 'Southpaw'...a company that seems to include at least one recognisable name among the staff.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/qadree-el-amin-debra-reina/1110951796?ean=2940014447119

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dishing Tea with Big Meach will center around the DEVELOPMENT of the artist......As we close out Black Music Month, we will be dishing with the man who is known to have the MIDAS TOUCH when it comes to bringing forth an artist to the public.... Mr. Qadree El-Amin will explain how he was able to take an artist, build a career, and create a precedent the will be the HALLMARK of entertainment. Mr. El-Amin will dissect the blueprint he used to construct his empire with the likes of Boys II Men, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Vanessa Williams and countless others as he shares all in his new biography, "Qadree El-Amin: AMAN"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3852380/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

While Qadree El-Amin is largely recognized for his success with Boyz II Men, the El-Amin stamp extends far beyond the popular 90’s boy band. Through his Southpaw Entertainment Company, he has also served as manager to global superstars Michael Jackson, Vanessa Williams, Janet Jackson, Teddy Riley & Blackstreet, Deborah Cox and Lou Bega, among many others.

Join us Friday, March 27, 2015 on Southern Muscle Radio as Qadree El-Amin talks about his new book, 'Aman', meeting Nelson Mandela and working with Hollywood legends like Michael Jackson and more. Call in to Southern Muscle Radio at (646) 727-2352 and press 1 to ask Qadree El-Amin your questions live on the air. To hear the show on-line, log on to www.southernmuscleradio.com/listen or follow this link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/southe...ree-el-amin-discusses-the-legends-of-our-time

http://hosts.blogtalkradio.com/sout...ree-el-amin-discusses-the-legends-of-our-time

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/p5S0GspTj][/URL]

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/hly2s7Lgj][/URL]

Last edited:
ivy;4126082 said:
It's a typed document not handwriting. I'm quite sure MJ wasn't the one doing the typing (and he is referred to in third person), it's a job for the secretary aka Bain. I'm not quite sure how a typo means the document wasn't forged.

No worries and no need to discuss the document.

Tohme replaced Bain and made himself the manager of the company. Tohme's lawyer sent an email to AEG saying MJ was the sole member. so what is the "change of ownership" you are talking about? It looks like Tohme thought it was MJ's company with no other members/owners.

No worries and no need to discuss the change of ownership as per the article you posted:

ivy;4125859 said:
They say it was Jackson’s idea to form the company and that he reserved 75 ownership for himself; 10 percent each to his mother, Katherine, and Bain, his general manager; and 1.68 percent each to El-Amin, Morris and King.

no need to discuss

per rules

If you are not interested or do not like a topic that is being discussed then don't enter the thread just to insult the topic or members interested in discussing it. Please refrain from one liners like "who cares, not interested, who gives a F** " etc etc. If that's your feeling there is no reason to post in the thread.

So kindly let's make sure that out posts bring something to the thread. If there is "no need to discuss" then there is no need to post hollow posts either.

Ivy, nowhere did I say others could not discuss it or that I had no interest. It is quite clear you are not having a discussion with me. Just sport.

^^

how could anyone have a discussion with you when you feel "no need to discuss"? You clearly see the oxymoron in your statements?

Now back to some valuable information & discussion

Today's media report

Music event promoter testifies in trial involving Michael Jackson Co.
By Bill Hetherman, City News Service

A music event promoter testified Wednesday that Michael Jackson promised him in a Tokyo hotel room in 2006 that he would receive 1.6 percent for life of any business done by a new entertainment company the singer formed a year after he was acquitted of child molestation charges.

Broderick Morris said he believed Jackson’s commitment to him meant he would be compensated even if he was not involved in a particular project initiated through the Michael Jackson Co.

Jackson also intended for him and three others to serve on the board of directors of the fledgling entity, said Morris, the former CEO of Positive Productions.

Jackson envisioned the company as being the vehicle for various ventures related to music, public appearances and other projects, including the singer’s desire to explore the field of animation, Morris said.

Morris testified that he invested hundreds of thousands of dollars of his own money setting up two trips by Jackson in 2006 and 2007 to Japan, where Morris lived and worked promoting concerts and other entertainment events. He said Jackson’s image was badly damaged by the publicity from the molestation trial, even though he was acquitted in June 2005.

“At this time, because of the trial, people didn’t trust him at all,” Morris said.

Morris -- one of four people claiming part ownership in the Michael Jackson Co. -- took the witness stand on the third day of a non-jury trial resulting from a petition filed by the Jackson estate, which is seeking to have the estate declared the sole owners of the Michael Jackson Co. LLC.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009, at age 50 of a drug overdose while in Los Angeles preparing for a series of comeback concerts in London.

Morris, Raymone Bain, Qadree El-Amin and Adean King say they collectively own about 15 percent of the company under a 3 a.m. deal to which Jackson agreed in a Tokyo hotel room on June 1, 2006. King was the only one of the four not present when the alleged accord was reached.

King previously worked for Bain, a former Jackson personal manager and spokeswoman. El-Amin is a talent manager who once managed the singing group Boyz II Men.

Morris said he spearheaded MTV’s granting of its Japan Legend Award to Jackson in 2006. Asked by his attorney, Donald Pepperman, if the granting of the award was a key component in the plan to rekindle Jackson’s career, Morris replied, “Without a doubt.”

Morris said Bain wrote the agreement between Jackson and the four claimants with a typewriter in the hotel room and that Jackson signed it. However, Morris said he never received any stock and that the failure of various deals to come to fruition was not his fault.

Morris said he was not involved in the making of the never-realized “This Is It” comeback tour Jackson planned to perform in London before his death, but that he saw it as a positive step for the singer.

“If it happened, it would be wonderful for him,” Morris said.

Morris said he only has seen half of the “This Is It” film made from rehearsals for the tour.

Morris said that when he arranged the visits by Jackson to Japan, he also had to take into account accommodations for the entertainer’s three children and their nanny. He said Jackson was a good father who taught his children manners. He once admonished his son, Blanket, for calling Morris “Mo” instead of “Mr. Morris,” the witness said.

Morris said he once found Jackson walking alone in the garden of the upscale hotel trying to find some peace of mind.

The Michael Jackson Co. was transformed from a corporation to a limited-liability in 2007 and is still an existing entity. Morris said he believes he, the other three claimants and Jackson’s mother, Katherine, are currently the members of the company’s board of directors.

Maxwell Blecher, an attorney for El-Amin and the three other respondents, said he does not know how much his clients may be entitled to if they win the case because the estate’s lawyers have not given them documents demonstrating the value of the estate. However, he said that despite the lack of information, it is worthwhile for the four to push forward.

“I believe there is substantial money there,” Blecher said.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...stifies-in-trial-involving-michael-jackson-co

Last edited:
ivy;4126119 said:
Broderick Morris said he believed Jackson’s commitment to him meant he would be compensated even if he was not involved in a particular project initiated through the Michael Jackson Co.

Morris said he was not involved in the making of the never-realized “This Is It” comeback tour Jackson planned to perform in London before his death, but that he saw it as a positive step for the singer.

They were never involved in the running of the company or whatsover and they want a stake in it?

ivy;4126119 said:
Morris testified that he invested hundreds of thousands of dollars of his own money setting up two trips by Jackson in 2006 and 2007 to Japan, where Morris lived and worked promoting concerts and other entertainment events. He said Jackson’s image was badly damaged by the publicity from the molestation trial, even though he was acquitted in June 2005.

If this is true, why didn't he file a creditor claim when MJ died. Creditors were publicly called to file a claim as soon as MJ died. How could he have missed it? Can he even prove it?

ivy;4126119 said:
Morris said Bain wrote the agreement between Jackson and the four claimants with a typewriter in the hotel room and that Jackson signed it. However, Morris said he never received any stock and that the failure of various deals to come to fruition was not his fault.

LOL. the same woman who magically found a piece of paper claiming that MJ never fired her. Really these people are pathethic. This alone should raise serious red flags. How do we know that the document is authentic? How doe we know that MJ actually signed the document? MJ is not here to give his version of the stry. and for all we know this could have been cooked up with MJ signature attached to it. and given RB previous bad acts, it looks more likely than not.

I personally don't see how they can win this case. they can't seem to produce any credible evidence beyond a piece of paper supposedly signed by MJ and given them shares for doing nothing. they are serious questions regarding the authenticity of the document. also, what did RB do to get 10% of the company? what investment did she contribute to that company? None of the plaintifs contributed money into the company or were involved in the deals signed up with the company.

I see from FB that Morris also has a book....about the events in Japan.
Michael Jackson- The real comeback- Japan 2006.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/4877717986?ref_=cm_sw_em_r_rawdtod_7XpHwb075TNGY_tt

This court case is increasingly sounding like part of a publicity stunt to sell books. No not seriously. These guys just have a philosophy that 'if you don't ask, you don't get.' It seems to work for them sometimes, but I very much doubt it will this time.

It seems that their unrelated but vaguely similar-sounding suit against Teodorin Nguema (Also mentioned on p1 of this thread) was settled in August 14, to El Amin's satisfaction.

After more than a year of litigation, the parties reached an amicable resolution of the matter, which resulted in a confidential settlement and the dismissal of the lawsuit. Although the confidentiality agreement prohibits him from discussing the terms of the settlement, El-Amin said that he is “quite pleased with the outcome.”

http://chicagodefender.com/2014/08/...gainst-teodoro-teodorin-nguema-obiang-mangue/

Last edited:
Myosotis, I was not aware of this book. I see a review from what may be a member here.

Morinen, is this your review? Based on the reviews I may purchase. I lived in Singapore at the time and the excitement surrounding Michael's visit to Japan was discussed sometime afterward miles away.

It's a rather thin book for $30 I paid for it, but I don't regret the purchase. The book tells a story of Michael Jackson's visit to Japan in 2006. For me as a fan it was very interesting to learn details of the visit and how it came to life, and get a glimpse into Michael's emotional state at the time (it was his first public appearance after acquittal). The author writes about Michael with affection, and it is evident that he respects and honors MJ a lot.

Text in the book is in 2 languages - English and Japanese.

Where this kind of people growing because this is not a first time somebody claims that MJ was going to pay him without needing to do any work?
Its like MJ's bank account was "giving tree" for so many people:scratch:

Jackson also intended for him and three others to serve on the board of directors of the fledgling entity, said Morris, the former CEO of Positive Productions.

That Michael Jackson company was set up in June 2006 so why MJ did not involve them in anyway after that alleged agreement was drawn if he really wanted them to be involved? We have no any information or indication that he wanted anything to do with them.

The Michael Jackson Co. was transformed from a corporation to a limited-liability in 2007 and is still an existing entity. Morris said he believes he, the other three claimants and Jackson’s mother, Katherine, are currently the members of the company’s board of directors.

First of all, I find it funny that KJ didn't provide any sort of declaration support these guys case, but Randy did his usual fake will declaration.
I was wondering if estate attorneys were able to check the records, if those guys names were entered in the company details when it was registered in June 2006, and if their names were dropped when MJ Co was transformed from a corporation to limited liability in 2007?
The whole thing looks like the their names weren't there beginning with, and they are trying to pull fast one.

@mjhoaxlive Wonder why there is a media black out on the Trial thats going on Brancca et al vs Quadree al amin. Lots of info coming out.

9 hours ago..... And..... What's the info then?

Does anybody know how many trial-days are set for this trial and does it go on on Monday or are there holidays on court?

@mjhoaxlive Wonder why there is a media black out on the Trial thats going on Brancca et al vs Quadree al amin. Lots of info coming out.

9 hours ago..... And..... What's the info then?

I don't know but she seems to have memory loss bouts or something?
"'I'll be answering some guestions later this evening on twitter regarding today in court. Will be back in court tomorrow 1:30pm."
That never happened either, so there.

Annita, before New Year, I was looking case details and saw there was dates until 31 Dec, so I thought that was last date, but I'm not certain.

Does anybody know how many trial-days are set for this trial and does it go on on Monday or are there holidays on court?

Probate notes shows that they are back tomorrow.

@Ivy, thanks.
I'm curious as to why Bain is claiming share of TMJC if she signed that release form from Michael that nothing is owned to her?

Michael Jackson Co. Ownership Under Legal Scrutiny

Posted: Monday, January 4, 2016 – 3:29 PM

(CNS) – A former attorney for Michael Jackson testified today that his onetime manager is lying when she says she owns part of a company formed in 2006 to promote the late singer’s business interests.

Gregory Cross told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Maria Stratton that Raymone Bain knew the singer was the sole owner of the Michael Jackson Co.

Cross said he flew cross-country from his East Coast home and worked countless hours with Bain to transfer the company from its status as a corporation to a limited-liability company in 2007, an action he says Bain likely wanted done for tax purposes.

Asked by Suann MacIsaac, an attorney representing the Jackson estate, if Bain was “fabricating” her current claim to own part of the company, Cross replied, “Yes.”

Jackson died on June 25, 2009, at age 50 of a drug overdose while in Los Angeles preparing for a series of comeback concerts in London.

Bain, Broderick Morris, Qadree El-Amin and Adean King say they collectively possess about 15 percent of the company under a 3 a.m. deal to which Jackson agreed in a Tokyo hotel room on June 1, 2006.

King was the only one of the four not present when the alleged accord was reached. Bain maintains her share is 10 percent.

Stratton is hearing a non-jury trial resulting from a petition filed by the Jackson estate seeking to have the estate declared the sole owners of the entity, which still exists today.

King previously worked for Bain, an attorney who served for a time as Jackson’s manager and spokeswoman; El-Amin is a talent manager whose former clients include Boyz II Men; and Morris promoted entertainment events in Japan.

According to Cross, he served at the time as Jackson’s outside general counsel. He testified that neither Bain nor King ever mentioned that they or anyone else other than the singer wanted a piece of the Michael Jackson Co.

“That absolutely was not the understanding,” Cross said.

Bain also never said she wanted to be a member of the board of directors of the company, Cross said. Morris testified last week that he believes he, the other three claimants and Jackson’s mother, Katherine, are currently the members of the company’s board of directors.

But Cross’ testimony was challenged by both attorney Maxwell Blecher, on behalf of Bain and the other claimants, and the judge.

Cross, questioned by Blecher, said he never saw a document that Jackson allegedly signed that outlined the ownership shares the claimants say they have.

“Yet you sit here and say she (Bain) lied?,” Blecher asked.

“Yes,” Cross replied.

The judge asked Cross why he did not inquire of Bain at the time if she was claiming an ownership stake. Cross answered that Jackson never said anything to imply the singer was not the sole owner.

“Do you believe everything a client tells you?,” Stratton asked.

In other testimony, Washington, D.C.-based attorney Frederick Cooke said he worked with Bain in the initial stages of forming the Michael Jackson Co. in 2006. Cooke said Bain was clear in saying that she, Jackson, and “maybe some others” would have ownership shares in the company.

“She was going to be president and CEO,” Cooke said.

http://bhcourier.com/beverly-hills-news-michael-jackson-co-ownership-under-legal-scrutiny/

Back