"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

To me, Michael died in 1993 , nothing was ever the same again for him, his life forever tarnished with those allegations.

Sure he had another tour and hit albums etc but he was never respected the same way. He had lost the magic.

I believe it mentally changed him until the day he died.
yep i totally agree with that

To me, Michael died in 1993 , nothing was ever the same again for him, his life forever tarnished with those allegations.

Sure he had another tour and hit albums etc but he was never respected the same way. He had lost the magic.

he sure was tarnished since 1993, but loosing the magic sure not, he had some of his best performances after that, just look at this medley in 1995

I saw this posted here awhile back, can someone find the link for where this came from?
"We understand that loyal MJ fans are reacting to the article that appeared in the New Yorker questioning the sales of Michael’s “Thriller” album. Let’s state this for the record: “Thriller” has sold MORE THAN 100,000,000 ALBUMS WORLDWIDE. In addition, the number of singles sold cannot even be tallied. It is far and away the largest selling album in record industry history which, ironically, the same reporter noted in the December issue of the same magazine. Quite frankly, we are unaware of the credentials of the blogger in the New Yorker, and point out that it is his opinion only, and not based on the facts of the extraordinary 30-year sales history of Michael’s masterpiece."
Thread in question

No. Michael did not lose his magic.

100% true, a true hot take is that working with Bashir was what damaged Michael's image, not the 1993 allegations. Those were memory holed by 2001 and it was the in-fighting with Sony that lead to Invincible. However Every detractor basis their beliefs based upon the interview soundbite with Bashir.

100% true, a true hot take is that working with Bashir was what damaged Michael's image, not the 1993 allegations. Those were memory holed by 2001 and it was the in-fighting with Sony that lead to Invincible. However Every detractor basis their beliefs based upon the interview soundbite with Bashir.
The reason for the Bashir interview was an attempt to repair Michael's image, it failed miserably.

Living with MJ came out in 2003, his image was tarnished since the first set of allegations.

The reason for the Bashir interview was an attempt to repair Michael's image, it failed miserably.

Living with MJ came out in 2003, his image was tarnished since the first set of allegations.
Signing with Sony Music ultimately did far more damage to his career than 1993. However 1993 completely fucked him mentally leading to insecurities about his image and thus causing the Bashir documentary, so in the sense you are right

Interesting it was 10 years later, the Oprah interview was supposed to serve the same purpose. MJ was nowhere embarrassed as hard as she tried.

Interesting it was 10 years later, the Oprah interview was supposed to serve the same purpose. MJ was nowhere embarrassed as hard as she tried.
If he never signed with Sony, Invincible would have sold on par with Dangerous and instead of fighting with a record label that hates him he would have had another studio album. Would he have even worked with Bashir under that circumstance? Or was he always going to do it?

If he never signed with Sony, Invincible would have sold on par with Dangerous and instead of fighting with a record label that hates him he would have had another studio album. Would he have even worked with Bashir under that circumstance? Or was he always going to do it?

I don't see Invincible selling like Dangerous in any universe. The original material on HIStory was infinitely better than that of Invincible and yet HIStory sold 20 million.

I think he did lose it but it wasn't immediately after 1993. It was before 2001. I think HIStory remains some of his best work. I think Invincible was phoned in. I just dont recognize the greatness of Michael Jackson in anything he did in 2001, and if anything therer were more signs of artistic regeneration in This Is It than anything in Invncible era.

The reason it failed was cuz bashit was a lying snake! it wasnt michael's fault

Signing with Sony Music ultimately did far more damage to his career than 1993. However 1993 completely fucked him mentally leading to insecurities about his image and thus causing the Bashir documentary, so in the sense you are right
You cannot be serious??????!! 🤦‍♀️ being labelled a pedophile is the worst thing that could ever happen especially if they didnt do the crime !

kag3495jq6jc1.png
Man Jaafar on the OTW cover is trippy...

It failed because of his actions with Arvizo and the Germany segment , take away that from the show and it would have been good.
it wasnt just arvizo and what happened in germany bashit was asking him questions he shouldnt have been asking michael

See I feel the exact opposite. I want to go to the cinema and just celebrate Michael and his music

Michael's story isn't a tragedy, it's the embodiment of the American dream. He came from nothing, to become the biggest superstar the world has ever seen

lol what are u talking about? Michaels life was more than tragedy

it wasnt just arvizo and what happened in germany bashit was asking him questions he shouldnt have been asking michael
Like what? About his face? Sex life etc? These are all questions that I would expect him to ask , the public wants to know.

It wasn't supposed to be a whitewash, nothing off limits

lol what are u talking about? Michaels life was more than tragedy
Can I ask a question? Does anyone on this forum want to watch a two hour film that is written from the point of view of, Michael was a victim and the world is horrible place that treated him badly?

Or would they rather see a two hour film celebrating Michael's legacy and making his overwhelming success and popularity across the globe the main focus. In an act of defiance to any of his detractors

Legendary John Branca..

At the end credits, what's the chances of it mentioning that Michael was in hundreds of millions of debt and that Branca and Co turned his estate around into a billion dollar empire

Tbh I do think Branca has done a great job with the estate minus the lackluster music releases.

Back