"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

no he is englisch
OH wait I think I confused him with someone else. Apparently there's Fabio the impersonator and Fabio the... "impersonator" (whom you are talking about probably). Yeahh I don't want any "hoax" coattail riders to play Michael either, that's just as bad! 😵

OH wait I think I confused him with someone else. Apparently there's Fabio the impersonator and Fabio the... "impersonator" (whom you are talking about probably). Yeahh I don't want any "hoax" coattail riders to play Michael either, that's just as bad! 😵
fabio the tiktokker. From england. Live in LA now. doing....things there....hmmm.....

Ha I see emotions are already running high. The pro and contra’s are already sharpening their knives and not a single second has been filmed yet. This movie will be huge! 😎

i disagree with michael being viewed as solely an r&b artist. that may have been the case prior to ‘83, but I don’t think it is now. if anything he’s looked at as a legacy act that encompasses all popular genres. one may argue that he is one onto himself. he already broke down so many barriers to be pigeonholed into one category. why try to undo all of the progress that he made?

I don't even like Bad Bunny and I wouldn't say something so directly ignorant like gospel.
Yeah whatever. You be happy wasting three hours of your life seeing an impersonator on the big screen 😂😂

Keep consuming crap products so the Estate never has to make the effort to restore and release a complete HD concert by MJ himself 😌

i disagree with michael being viewed as solely an r&b artist. that may have been the case prior to ‘83, but I don’t think it is now. if anything he’s looked at as a legacy act that encompasses all popular genres. one may argue that he is one onto himself. he already broke down so many barriers to be pigeonholed into one category. why try to undo all of the progress that he made?
I read somewhere some 80s reviews that said MJ was selling out with thriller hat he abandoned his r&b audience in favor of a white audience. Initial reviews weren't very positive so I agree I don't think he is seen as a strictly r&b artist since at least the mid 80s.

Yeah whatever. You be happy wasting three hours of your life seeing an impersonator on the big screen 😂😂

Keep consuming crap products so the Estate never has to make the effort to restore and release a complete HD concert by MJ himself 😌
I like how you came back and added in the 2nd paragraph after the fact lol. Did it take you long to come up with these burns or are they on speed dial? Cause I sure feel singed. You should use those ones on YouTube.

There is no way a Hollywood director is allowing a dirty, disgusting impersonator to portray the main character in a Hollywood blockbuster. Why do fans be coming up with some of the worst ideas of all time and then making all of us hear it? It's like Star Wars fans thrice over.

If Mike wanted that to happen, he had plenty of time to release concerts on home video while he was alive, whether or not they were in HD. I bet you weren't crying to him. 😂 You sound like Prince fans crying about his estate not releasing songs that came out on bootlegs decades ago. Yet Prince chose not to release that stuff. Also if Prince was still alive there is no way his music videos would be on Youtube and other sites right now. His music would not be on streaming sites other than Jay-Z's Tidal, which Prince made a deal with.

You're lucky that Mike's stuff isn't set up like Stevie Wonder's has long been rumored to be. That all of Stevie's unreleased music is to be destroyed when he passes.

If Mike wanted that to happen, he had plenty of time to release concerts on home video while he was alive, whether or not they were in HD. I bet you weren't crying to him. 😂 You sound like Prince fans crying about his estate not releasing songs that came out on bootlegs decades ago. Yet Prince chose not to release that stuff. Also if Prince was still alive there is no way his music videos would be on Youtube and other sites right now. His music would not be on streaming sites other than Jay-Z's Tidal, which Prince made a deal with.

You're lucky that Mike's stuff isn't set up like Stevie Wonder's has long been rumored to be. That all of Stevie's unreleased music is to be destroyed when he passes.
Talk to emmm

If Mike wanted that to happen, he had plenty of time to release concerts on home video while he was alive, whether or not they were in HD.
He didn't want to but now he's gone. This is what many of us want. There is literally no excuse anymore.

and u know what, keep saying whatever you want about all of this. you enjoy crappy CGI movies with cringy impersonators all over.

He didn't want to but now he's gone. This is what many of us want. There is literally no excuse anymore.

and u know what, keep saying whatever you want about all of this. you enjoy crappy CGI movies with cringy impersonators all over.
Jeez buddy, is this your mental break finally taken over? You sure are mad about CGI movies with cringe impersonators.

Jeez buddy, is this your mental break finally taken over? You sure are mad about CGI movies with cringe impersonators.
That dude is odd & cold blooded. "Yipee!!! Michael Jackson was blocking all of this stuff, but now he's dead and so now the estate can release these things I want. There is no excuse not to".
9ebca28ff462d6ba6fe4e3e08d30e37e563f2b33.gif

If "money" isn't used somewhere in the film during the allegation scenes I will get angry
I want the entire part of the film of young MJ to be accompanied by Childhood

And I want a 40 minute scene of MJ trying on the gold pants

And 2 hours of him recording unreleased songs

Reactions: ssj
I just hope this movie doesn't have the same problem that many recent biopics have been having lately: when the script is basically just a copy-and-paste of the artist's Wikipedia article. "Bohemian Rhapsody", "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", and "Rocketman" have already done that in spades and it's getting old. On the other hand ,films like "Elvis" took things in a different direction by having it being told from Col. Tom Parker's perspective.

Also, "Love and Mercy", the criminally underrated biopic about Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys, took a different approach and succeeded. Instead of a rundown of all of his accomplishments, it focuses on two different important parts in Brian's life: The creation of "Pet Sounds" and his initial mental breakdown in the '60s (where he's played by Paul Dano), and in the 80's when he breaks free from his abusive psychiatrist with the help of the woman who became his 2nd wife (where he's played by John Cusack). That movie was able to honor Brian Wilson as a musical genius as well as portray him as a sympathetic human being, and it didn't need to tell the audience his entire list of accomplishments to do that.

If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I'd love the MJ movie to go in that direction (maybe back & forth between the Thriller/Victory era and the 2005 trial).

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/michael-jackson-biopic-lionsgate-announced-1296360/

It's officially sanctioned by the estate & the Jackson family, and it's going to be co-produced by Graham King (AKA the producer of Bohemian Rhapsody who secured the rights to make an MJ biopic several months ago) and it's gonna be distributed by Lionsgate.

Also, Graham King is a fan who mentions that he's done his own research about the allegations and believes that he was innocent. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Personally, I don't think that a single 2-hour movie is enough to do justice to Michael's career, and I'd rather see the Estate focus on a project that helps vindicate MJ's innocence (e.g. Taj's upcoming Kickstarter documentary series). However, if this movie is done well and is able to improve the general public's perception of Michael in a more positive way, than it's a win-win situation.

What are your thoughts, everyone?
Will they play it in the cinema?

And I want a 40 minute scene of MJ trying on the gold pants
OMG! yes! trying different versions of it! Now that would be a movie worth all the time in the world :)

PS: you might be joking, but I am not :)

If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I'd love the MJ movie to go in that direction (maybe back & forth between the Thriller/Victory era and the 2005 trial).
Don't know! That sounds complicated. Though I agree, a chronological breakdown of his accomplishments would have a "same again" feeling. I hope they do some real research and show the creative aspects, behind the scene aspects that are not in media. Same for philanthropic work, I hope they don't overdo it to avoid feeling of "whitewashing". A nice compelling story.

This biopic will have an accompanying soundtrack. I just hope that the soundtrack isn’t full of tracks from Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad, like it is the case with many Michael greatest hits compilations. Some love needs to be shown to the material from Dangerous, History and Invincible, and I am not talking about just Black or White, You Are Not Alone and You Rock My World.

Disrespecting Michael's wishes? On a Michael Jackson fan site? It's more likely than you think!
I mean to be fair the estate have made several choices that would for sure go against his wishes lmao. Don't think theres anything wrong with wanting a new concert. Especially after teasing us with that glorious HD victory tour footage.

Hope the biopic is done right. MJ is the hardest to do though. You need much longer then 2 hours to cover his career.

My first comment. Excuse me for possible mistakes. I speak English very poorly and translated my text using a Google program. I study English, including reading your forum (Yes, I'm freak 😅). My brain is full of thoughts that I really want to express. No one to express thoughts except you. I hope that I will be correctly understood and someone will be interested.
😟 I'm worried. I am a film buff. I have big requirements for the film.

The film is not only a commercial product that will collect the required amount for viewing and will then be forgotten. The film is part of the struggle for the reputation of a man who influenced world culture and did a lot for people.
The viewer will first see the cinematic Michael, and then face the slander that is spoken against the real Michael. It seems to me that negligible little will be done to neutralize the slander.
It is harmful and stupid to popularize Michael and at the same time ignore the slander. It is wrong and short-sighted to show only a show. You cannot arm the enemy. It is unfair to give reasons for alterations, distortions, and juggling.
Truth must be the weapon against lies. Reality is more interesting, instructive, more dramatic than any fiction. Nothing can be embellished or altered. It is necessary not to make a documentary film, but to reflect reality itself using the methods of art.
Michael's defense must be more cultured, inventive, more humane than slander, otherwise the defense will be destroyed in front of those who doubt Michael. I am a pessimist. I doubt they understand the complexity.

Michael is amazingly different from any other person. Only he could fall victim to such a lie.

You can’t fully empathize and justify someone you don’t understand. The screenwriter should not only put pressure on emotions. Emotions cannot overcome cynicism. Emotions do not satisfy a far-sighted and consistent mind. It is necessary to fully explain to the viewer who Michael is. Give the viewer the whole portrait, not a small part. Michael can only be rationally understood if the conditions and events that made Michael the way he is are rationally understood. It is necessary to prove that Michael's unusualness is not a vice or illness, but the inevitable result of the conditions in which he lived. Otherwise, he will be vulnerable, which is unacceptable. Today the viewer will leave the cinema satisfied, and tomorrow the slanderers will change everything again. The audience will think and say: "WE THOUGHT HE IS GOOD, BUT HE IS DISGUSTING!".
The skill of the screenwriter must be impeccable and worthy of Shakespeare, so that this does not happen.
The director of the film is no less responsible. He must be very sensitive and attentive, have a good understanding of aesthetics. It is necessary to convey Michael's sensuality very accurately, otherwise it will not be possible to reasonably show his escapism and desire to create magic. Michael lived in a world of contrasts and strong emotions. The poverty of slums and fabulous palaces, the crazy love of fans and the fierce hatred of racists, the magical beauty of sparkling diamonds and the sight of burnt flesh, starving children in Africa and cheerful children in Neverland. It is necessary to show Michael's attitude to everything with the help of cinema. Has everyone seen "The Silence of the Lambs" starring Foster and Hopkins? In that film, with the help of camera work, the degree of closeness of the characters is revealed. First, a general plan is given (acquaintance), and at the end the eyes are shown (proximity). When making a film about Michael, you need to show similar ingenuity. Camera work, editing, sound, lighting, etc. should ensure the disclosure of such an interesting personality.

Don't rush into casting. It is necessary to show in the cinema all the mobility and flexibility of the psyche, as well as the originality of the mind. Dancing is not the end of the matter. You need to look for a suitable actor not only in the United States, but throughout the planet. Bruno Mars is not a professional actor. He has never played a role in a movie, which means he has to study. You can't imitate Michael Jackson, but you have to be Jackson. I defend that Michael should be played by a professional actor who knows the Stanislavsky method.

Thinking about the nature of Michael, I always remember the event that happened in Munich. He was injured, suffered from terrible pain, but finished the concert with dignity. This is a professional feat and a real human act. Such a person is not capable of harming children. Watching the film, I want to recognize in the movie Michael the man who performed selflessly in Munich. I want to see a panther, not a kitten, otherwise my mind will be offended.
Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
My first comment. Excuse me for possible mistakes. I speak English very poorly and translated my text using a Google program. I study English, including reading your forum (Yes, I'm freak 😅). My brain is full of thoughts that I really want to express. No one to express thoughts except you. I hope that I will be correctly understood and someone will be interested.

The film is not only a commercial product that will collect the required amount for viewing and will then be forgotten. The film is part of the struggle for the reputation of a man who influenced world culture and did a lot for people.
The viewer will first see the cinematic Michael, and then face the slander that is spoken against the real Michael. It seems to me that negligible little will be done to neutralize the slander.
It is harmful and stupid to popularize Michael and at the same time ignore the slander. It is wrong and short-sighted to show only a show. You cannot arm the enemy. It is unfair to give reasons for alterations, distortions, and juggling.
Truth must be the weapon against lies. Reality is more interesting, instructive, more dramatic than any fiction. Nothing can be embellished or altered. It is necessary not to make a documentary film, but to reflect reality itself using the methods of art.
Michael's defense must be more cultured, inventive, more humane than slander, otherwise the defense will be destroyed in front of those who doubt Michael. I am a pessimist. I doubt they understand the complexity.

Michael is amazingly different from any other person. Only he could fall victim to such a lie.

You can’t fully empathize and justify someone you don’t understand. The screenwriter should not only put pressure on emotions. Emotions cannot overcome cynicism. Emotions do not satisfy a far-sighted and consistent mind. It is necessary to fully explain to the viewer who Michael is. Give the viewer the whole portrait, not a small part. Michael can only be rationally understood if the conditions and events that made Michael the way he is are rationally understood. It is necessary to prove that Michael's unusualness is not a vice or illness, but the inevitable result of the conditions in which he lived. Otherwise, he will be vulnerable, which is unacceptable. Today the viewer will leave the cinema satisfied, and tomorrow the slanderers will change everything again. The audience will think and say: "WE THOUGHT HE IS GOOD, BUT HE IS DISGUSTING!".
The skill of the screenwriter must be impeccable and worthy of Shakespeare, so that this does not happen.
The director of the film is no less responsible. He must be very sensitive and attentive, have a good understanding of aesthetics. It is necessary to convey Michael's sensuality very accurately, otherwise it will not be possible to reasonably show his escapism and desire to create magic. Michael lived in a world of contrasts and strong emotions. The poverty of slums and fabulous palaces, the crazy love of fans and the fierce hatred of racists, the magical beauty of sparkling diamonds and the sight of burnt flesh, starving children in Africa and cheerful children in Neverland. It is necessary to show Michael's attitude to everything with the help of cinema. Has everyone seen "The Silence of the Lambs" starring Foster and Hopkins? In that film, with the help of camera work, the degree of closeness of the characters is revealed. First, a general plan is given (acquaintance), and at the end the eyes are shown (proximity). When making a film about Michael, you need to show similar ingenuity. Camera work, editing, sound, lighting, etc. should ensure the disclosure of such an interesting personality.

Don't rush into casting. It is necessary to show in the cinema all the mobility and flexibility of the psyche, as well as the originality of the mind. Dancing is not the end of the matter. You need to look for a suitable actor not only in the United States, but throughout the planet. Bruno Mars is not a professional actor. He has never played a role in a movie, which means he has to study. You can't imitate Michael Jackson, but you have to be Jackson. I defend that Michael should be played by a professional actor who knows the Stanislavsky method.

Thinking about the nature of Michael, I always remember the event that happened in Munich. He was injured, suffered from terrible pain, but finished the concert with dignity. This is a professional feat and a real human act. Such a person is not capable of harming children. Watching the film, I want to recognize in the movie Michael the man who performed selflessly in Munich. I want to see a panther, not a kitten, otherwise my mind will be offended.
Thank you for reading!
This has been, the best comment of this whole thread. I honestly wish we could just lock the thread at this point, because this is the last and only thing that needs to be said about this whole Biopic period.

@Hiker

Last edited:

Thank you for reading!
For someone who doesn't speak English, ye prob made the best worded comment in this thread, hiker can ye close it now lmao

Back