"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Well, we can always talk about what music they should include in the film.

My picks:

Never Can Say Goodbye
Dancing Machine
Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
I Can't Help It
Heartbreak Hotel
Behind The Mask
Billie Jean
Chicago 1945
Another Part of Me
Who Is It
STRANGER IN MOSCOW.
Tabloid Junkie
Morphine
WHATEVER HAPPENS.
I have This Dream

Any songs made with Will I Am lolol.

Just a few good choices I'd like.

Not bad. He looks like MJ, is a good singer, sounds like MJ and hopefully he's also good actor. Can't believe they were able to find a safe cast choice, it had everything to go wrong lol.

BTW I greatly recommend listening to his songs if anyone hasn't, although his discography is short he has a lot of potential ahead of him.

Terrible choice. Bye Bye Oscars.
Let the Jackson family out of this.

It's gonna suck.
And I foreshadowed, this would be based on the OTW / THRILLER years with J5 flashbacks.

I'm surprised the Estate has decided to team up with the Jacksons for this....

It's gonna suck.
And I foreshadowed, this would be based on the OTW / THRILLER years with J5 flashbacks.

It's already been said that it'll deal with allegations so I don't see how it can be based only on OTW and Thriller

It's gonna suck.

Do you really think a MJ biopic has a chance of winning the Oscar for Best Picture or something? lol

princejackson
Verifiziert​

My cousin @jaafarjackson is going to be playing my father in the upcoming biopic produced by @gkfilms and directed by @antoinefuqua! Truthfully I couldn’t be happier and prouder for him, he’s been working his ass off and I know he’s going to do an amazing job. Just being himself, he embodies so much of my dad and I’m confident we are all going to do our best to show the world a part of my father they’ve never seen and that they deserve to see.

To all of my family’s fans and supporters out there thank you for your continued support and love. We all know my father and Jaafar’s uncle was such an incredible human being and everyone at @gkfilms is dedicated and excited to bring my father’s story to the big screen.

This project means so much to me for many reasons, I’m really happy that my family and I can go on this journey together. @jaafarjackson i know you’re going to be great bro and again I couldn’t be prouder and happier for you cuz ❤️❤️❤️

princejackson

Verifiziert​

My cousin @jaafarjackson is going to be playing my father in the upcoming biopic produced by @gkfilms and directed by @antoinefuqua! Truthfully I couldn’t be happier and prouder for him, he’s been working his ass off and I know he’s going to do an amazing job. Just being himself, he embodies so much of my dad and I’m confident we are all going to do our best to show the world a part of my father they’ve never seen and that they deserve to see.​

To all of my family’s fans and supporters out there thank you for your continued support and love. We all know my father and Jaafar’s uncle was such an incredible human being and everyone at @gkfilms is dedicated and excited to bring my father’s story to the big screen.​

This project means so much to me for many reasons, I’m really happy that my family and I can go on this journey together. @jaafarjackson i know you’re going to be great bro and again I couldn’t be prouder and happier for you cuz ❤️❤️❤️

FnvLc-XXEBA5Sgp

It's a safe choice but that probably makes it greater actually.

My ideas would've become even less obvious choices, like finding someone and then never saying who's behind the persona of playing him. But that would make more sense for Joker or something.

I'm rambling. But it's a good choice.

Jaafar Jackson to play Michael in the upcoming Biopic

ByAdmin Team
January 30, 20230

Michael Jackson will be played by the late icon’s 26-year old nephew Jaafar Jackson in the Antoine Fuqua-directed film biopic for Lionsgate. Fuqua just posted a confirmation on Instagram. The singer and songwriter is the son of Jermaine Jackson, who is the brother of Michael and member of The Jackson 5. Jaafar has been singing and dancing since age 12, and has showcased himself singing tunes from Sam Cooke to Marvin Gaye, along with originals.
“Jaafar embodies my son. It’s so wonderful to see him carry on the Jackson legacy of entertainers and performers,” said Michael Jackson’s mother Katherine Jackson. Jaafar Jackson is the second youngest son to songwriter, producer and Jackson 5 member Jermaine Jackson, whose brother was Michael Jackson.
“I met Jaafar over two years ago and was blown away by the way he organically personifies the spirit and personality of Michael,” said King. “It was something so powerful that even after conducting a worldwide search, it was clear that he is the only person to take on this role. I am beyond thrilled that he has come on board to portray his uncle and cannot wait for the world to see him on the big screen as Michael Jackson.”
“It’s incredibly exciting to watch Jaafar bring Michael to life,” said Fuqua. “There was such a spiritual connection when I first met Jaafar, who has a natural ability to emulate Michael and such a great chemistry with the camera.”

“Michael” will begin principal photography in 2023.

2024 release seems the most likely then. A new album to accompany the movie would be great.
Agree. From a sales standpoint, strike while the iron is hot. Release a new album along with the movie. It's about that time they should follow up to Xscape anyways.

Back