"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

328258866_639564737971482_5406165220048400426_n.jpg

Here's a gif from Aaliyah's One In A Million. Dealz is driving the motorcycle. He also appears in the reality show the living Jackson brothers (except Randy) did years ago. Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis are in one episode too.
tumblr_oatzsf7py11sywrbco6_250.gif

Oh boy oh boy, with Jaafar playing Michael, a lot of my fears have been cancelled. I just couldn't think about anyone playing Michael (especially considering his change in appearance). In addition to that, seeing Prince being so invested in this project makes it even better! However, I'm still wondering about one thing... I have a feeling that they won't go past the BAD era. For one, because well, the same old problem remains, are they gonna slap some white make-up on Jaafar? How will they make the nose "work"?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Branca stated in one of his infamous TikTok videos that he wants this film to be the Godfather of biopics. What if he wasn't only referring to the overall quality of the picture, but also about the fact that the Godfather is basically two films (let's forget the third one lol). Two parts, both generally considered to be equally brilliant. Giving the fact that Michael's life is pretty complex for only one film and the... limitations to put all of the eras in one movie, maybe we'll be getting two films? Like, the first one going up to BAD, focusing on Michael the entertainer, the artist, the genius. IF this film does well, which I believe it will, 'cause there aren't too many controversies up to that point (except for vitiligo etc., which they can perfectly focus on a bit to let the public know about what really happened there). Then, a couple of years later, we'll get a second film focusing on the 90s, 00s, and his personal life. I think that's the perfect receipt to really move something with this biopic. Reminding people why he's such a beloved entertainer, and then, having their attention focused on the artist, we can get a deeper look into his personal life, 'cause people will be more sensible and open to find out more about it. If done right, this could be the biggest redemption arc in history.

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more I hope they will go for that route. I just can't picture them putting all of the ingredients into one film without it being 5 hours long. If they go past 93, they simply cannot ignore the allegations, given that they had a tremendous impact on Michael's life. And if they are handling the allegations, they will need to put enough emphasis on it to let people question their prejudiced opinion. There's simply no way mentioning them without focusing on them... And once the attention is there, why not try to change people's opinions, without being manipulative or anything...

So yeah, basically Part I, a bit of Motown and early beginnings, Off the Wall, Thriller, vitiligo, pepsi incident, ending with a stellar BAD tour concert so people will leave the theatre hyped about this magical entertainer in his prime, while also having the feeling that the story is not over, that his diseases and the incident will play another role in his later life, Part II, starting with a DANGEROUS tour concert, allegations, HIStory, personal struggles, familiy life, Invincible and 2005 trial. Ending on a high note, Michael being aquitted off the charges, then a little epilogue/montage of his last years, This Is It, people will be leaving the theatre with guilt about having wrongly accused this man, tears, because he's not longer here with us, regret of not having dived deeper into his life & music sooner, and love, lots of L.O.V.E.

I think Jaafar is a good choice. I was skeptical at first but after checking out his music and interviews, I think he is a great choice (as far as likeness and mannerisms go. Will have to see how he does as far as actual acting chops go).

I'm hoping this biopic really focuses on MJ's talent and music.

I kinda doubt that people who think he's guilty are going to make time to go out to a theater and pay to watch a movie about him. If they watch it at all, they are going to pirate it or wait for it to go to streaming.
Yes I guess you're right, but I know tons of people who at least would give him the benefit of a doubt 'cause they still like his music so much. A lot of folks don't know enough about the cases to form a real opinion, this is a good chance to present them the other side of things.

Who's gonna play the other Jackson bros? Michaels other nephews?

Do people actually think that Jaafar look like Michael? I don’t see the similarity, to be honest.

But what’s more important is that the lead actor must have his heart in its right place, and I think you can safely assume that to be the case here.

Do people actually think that Jaafar look like Michael? I don’t see the similarity, to be honest.

But what’s more important is that the lead actor must have his heart in its right place, and I think you can safely assume that to be the case here.
They certainly look related. Nobody looked like MJ.

If that's the case, where did that old joke that Mike, LaToya, & Janet were the same person come from? 🤣 Janet even brought it up on some awards show one year in the 1990s.

Not sure about Janet but Michael mentioned it.
Starts at about 6:50 in

Some similarities ... but obviously he looks more like Jermaine. But then make up.
The thing is, I think that the fact that he's a Jackson can compensate to some extent, rather than a complete stranger who also wouldn't look like MJ either.

Last edited:
Is it because I'm not into TikTok at all... Or is Branca the only person on Earth who posts videos with actual structured, intelligible and extensive speech on there?

Back