Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers Talks About Working Personally With Michael Jackson in Audio

alexcat321

Proud Member
Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers Talks About Working Personally With Michael Jackson in Audio

I recently been watching a lot of old school popping videos, and I was looking at a string of "Boogaloo Shrimp" videos. He's one of the dancers from the film franchise "Breakin'" and the "Breakin N' Enterin'" documentary. He was one of the people who popularized the popping, breaking, and locking dance styles. He eventually met Michael who he began to collaborate with and have dance sessions with and he talks about his time with Michael in these following audio clips.

Starts at about 3:30 in this vid:

Next Part:

FInal Part:

Your Welcome, if you haven't already listened to this.
John Jr.

Last edited:
Re: Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers Talks About Working Personally With Michael Jackson in Audio

Great find! I need to listen to them again, lol! :victory:

Re: Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers Talks About Working Personally With Michael Jackson in Audio

Everybody says he videotaped everything, and there is this and that great footage. WHERE IS IT, MAN... Will we ever see it? :(

This guy though... The "I taught Michael Jackson everything" case.

Last edited:

Everybody says he videotaped everything, and there is this and that great footage. WHERE IS IT, MAN... Will we ever see it? :(

This guy though... The "I taught Michael Jackson everything" case.

Yeah, I will say that I dislike the fact that he credits himself with having taught michael so much because michael had a long line of old school poppers he called on for inspiration like jeffrey daniels, poppin taco and poppin pete, all of which we have video footage of them with michael dancing in his music short films. Like captain eo, poppin taco was in that:

Michael learned from a long line of dancers, but he still in the end of the day originated his own style which had elements of hip hop, tap dance, and some other stuff he came up with (all the pointing and kicks he does in bad era and the mime style, etc). He was his own dancer and still had great moves in his final years.

Back