Michael didnt sell 750 million?

From the same blog here is a good article about the sales of Michael and others: http://www.hitsville.org/2009/07/12...ales—jackson-the-beatles-pink-floyd-and-more/

I think these figures are just about right. Especially because they also mention the Beatles and Elvis didn't sell as much as claimed either:

About the full record sales of MJ they say: "That’s around 80 million more than Elvis Presley, 40 million under the Beatles***."

I think that seems about a good estimation.

They estimate Thriller's sales at about 63 million, which makes it still by far the biggest selling album of all times (second is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with 42 million).

respect77;3569970 said:
From the same blog here is a good article about the sales of Michael and others: http://www.hitsville.org/2009/07/12...8212;jackson-the-beatles-pink-floyd-and-more/

I think these figures are just about right. Especially because they also mention the Beatles and Elvis didn't sell as much as claimed either:

About the full record sales of MJ they say: "That’s around 80 million more than Elvis Presley, 40 million under the Beatles***."

They estimate Thriller's sales at about 63 million, which makes it still by far the biggest selling album of all times (second is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with 42 million).

I think that's about accurate. But I also think the gap between MJ and the beatles is getting smaller. Go Michael Go!!

You also have to figure his after death sales arent counted in that poll that means: This is it (Movie and Album) [he counts Michaels Video sales], he also wouldnt have counted Vision, Michael, and Immortal -obv the upcoming Bad25 and posthumous album.

This is it - ill say 20 Million worldwide DVD bluray sales
This is it album 1 million
Vision and Michael 5-6 million
Immortal 500000
After death Sales: 50 Million. J5, Jacksons, Solo Albums

This would put his total at.......about 680-710 Million

750 is pretty right, imo. It's 600-900 million. You know that must be right looking at the sales after his passing. He couldn't sell that much if he wasn't so popular. And I have counted Thriller has sold 124 million today. But I don't have proof to post it here.

respect77;3569970 said:
From the same blog here is a good article about the sales of Michael and others: http://www.hitsville.org/2009/07/12...ales—jackson-the-beatles-pink-floyd-and-more/

Interesting.

if you guys want to know his most accurate mj's sales go to ukmix.org ,click on forums, then artist chart analysis, find michael jacksons sales, and on the first page a user called mjdangerous gave the most accurate mj sales, but he couldn't update those numbers because he was banned. the latest update was from beginning of 2010. to give an insight thriller is closed to 70 million mark (between 67-69 mill), the 100 million sales is correct if we add single+album sales.this is it album has sold around 5 million copies worlwide. mj has sold around 3 million worldwide and around 1 million in united states (including j5 and jacksons) in 2011. similar to 2010 sales, he will sell around this amount during 2012 unless bad, or any other successful album is released. he is an amazing catalog artist and he is the king of videos chart all around the world. ex. in Italy this is it has always been inside top 5
ps even blood in the dance floor is a steady seller, it sells around 500 copies in u.s every week.

That's hardly true.. It lacks China, and in Russia there's only T25. Also India is way under actual. There is also other countries only with T25..
yeah i know there are missing sales. but it's at least a basic estimate , just to get an idea of mj sales. i hope someday mj state will released official sales. all i know thriller is close to 70 million marks.

Back