Michael Jackson BAD - interesting facts and rumours!, ... did you know that...?

Yes, it’s a really simple bass line really, but what makes it distinctive is the rhythm coupled with the pause. It would be a very different song without that pause!
I'm happy to take your word for it! :)

I will say there was one really great review of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" that I found fun:

SINGLEOFTHEFORTNIGHT.jpg
Haha “Siedah Garratt” 🤤

Another side thought I had when reading all this was that maybe it is just me, but like...even if all of the stuff about him buying skulls, John Merrick's bones, creating some weird museum on his property, etc were all true...umm...why would that be a problem? Lol. I mean, I would literally do all of that too haha.
It appears that these type of (harmless) stories came from Michael Jackson himself and his camp for publicity reasons.

For example, American celebrity biographer John Randy Taraborrelli wrote that Michael Jackson felt that he needed some kind of dazzling gimmick when he was about to promote his 'Captain EO' film.

The singer's idea was to promote the story that he was sleeping in the hyperbaric chamber in order to prolong his life to the age of 150, and that he planned to take the machine on the road with him on his next tour.

The hyperbaric chamber story was carried by the Associated Press and the United Press International, and it appeared in Time, Newsweek and practically every major newspaper in the United States.

The story served its purpose eventually because Michael Jackson was astonished by the way his fiction made headlines, and also given that so many untrue stories had been written about him in the past which made him angry, now he was exacting his revenge against the media.

Back