Michael Jackson Biopic is coming

madmijack

Proud Member
Lets group all official news, rumours and discussions regarding upcoming Michael Jackson Biopic from MJ Estate here.

John_Branca_22_copy_t670.png

John Branca for Los Angeles Business Journal, Dec. 6, 2021:

...over the last 12 years, he has earned $2.5 billion for Jackson’s estate through a combination of catalog deals and high-profile documentary, film...

...an upcoming feature film Branca hopes will become “the largest grossing, most acclaimed biopic in the history of Hollywood.”...

Source: https://labusinessjournal.com/news/2021/dec/06/how-king-deals-resurrected-king-pops-estate/

this better be better than searching for neverland

2 years ago i read that the film-makers of "Bohemian Rhapsody" already got the rights to do a MJ film. If it's true it can be very great!
Though, my only worry is that they choose some weird actor for the role of MJ... IMO you need someone who at least looks like E Casanova..
and i hope they wont choose some already big hollywood actor only cause of the fact this actor is already big..

While Myles is doing a brilliant job at the MJ Musical I think for Biopic a well known actor will be needed instead. Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody was a great casting.

The documentary rights are already sold and the company that did Queens biopic are indeed doing MJs. However I've been told from a very reliable source that its more of a medium term project. No actual release date has been set , they are using a wait and see approach. But reading between the lines to me it appeared nothing for at least a couple years.

In the fan community of Bruno Mars, rumors are speculating that he is being considered as a candidate for the role of Michael. The film will allegedly cover the late Jackson 5 and up to 1984 including an incident on the set of a Pepsi commercial. And also that Spike Lee can become the director of the film or co-producer. These are just rumors so far.

Well.. I would actually be disappointed if the movie covers J5 until 1984.. cause this is exactly what we already have in „An America dream“. The film should cover 1984 - 2009… I wanna see a MJ movie. Not another Jacksons Movie..

If the biopic ends in 1984 then it's a cop out, I for one think a biopic shouldn't be made for at LEAST 10 years

The biopic I want is MJ centered, but it's not MJ starred. I want to see the Messerau point of view of the trial.
That's an Oscar winning movie.

In the fan community of Bruno Mars, rumors are speculating that he is being considered as a candidate for the role of Michael. The film will allegedly cover the late Jackson 5 and up to 1984 including an incident on the set of a Pepsi commercial. And also that Spike Lee can become the director of the film or co-producer. These are just rumors so far.

The biopic should be done in 2 parts. First part covers Michael’s life up to 1984 and second part covers Michael’s life from 1985-2009. It’s hard to tell Michael’s story in one single biopic. It needs to be done in two separate parts.

The first part is obviously easier to do and should be done to see the public reaction. If the first part is successful, then we can move on to the second part which obviously tackles more controversial issues such as changing skin colour, allegations, drug use etc.

Can't see this being done well by anyone tbh. That aside it will most likely not touch any of the controversial aspects of his life so will end rather early.

At least 2 films will need to be made to cover MJ's life. - a trilogy would be best, but that's of course never gonna happen. That would mostly be for fans I guess...

I really like The Jacksons, an American Dream. - A shame it has not been restored into 1080p or 4K - I would like to see it again in better quality.

Oh dear god no! now im a fan of bruno mars but he not a good choice to play mj

The tone of a two part film would change drastically. The first one would be a celebration (+ the Joe jackson stuff) ending in Michael mania. The second would tackle all the controversies, tragedy because that's absolutely what his life was starting from 1993. Sounds a bit jarring to have 2 completely different tones. Doing it all in one film is impossible, it would need to be a 5 hour epic and nobody is waiting for that.
But either way I think the film should end in 2005 when Michael's name got cleared. He lived the last years of his life in relative peace ( I hope).
I think a very large part of it should go to the allegations. It is after all next to thriller the thing he is most known for (unfortunately). But when depicted truthfully and factually it could be very good for his image.

I hope one gets made, the success of the musical shows it can be done tastefully (according to the reviews anyway). When one gets made I hope a very substantial part will take place in the 70s. This period is always overlooked in Michael's life.

The ending credits song should be "music and me" and or "ben".

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5
Back