Michael Jackson Estate Executors Banking On Music Catalog

very good,that catalogue worth a lot more then 100 millions...
Just WAIT and see...

Mijac Publishing WAS NEVER under Sony....

Michael owned more than one publishing company...

Mijac - is 100% owned by Michael and was never merged with any
company.. but Warner handles the everyday administration
but owned fully by Michael

ATV- was merged with Sony and that catalog has Beatles songs..
its now Sony/ATV .. the 50/50 merger with Sony

Peacock- is own by Michael and his brothers

Miran - owned by Michael and Randy..

Michael was the biggest private publisher ...and with his death the value of his Mijac Publishing company is going up in value.... in no time.. it might surpass the value of the Beatles....

remember every Christmas and Holloween... Michael's voice will be heard by everyone on the planet... so any artistic thing he did in his lifetime will be valueable...

Thanks, and what i bolded, just wait, you wont have to say "might" cause is a WILL :cheeky:

Funny how with all this everyone from the entire Media to everyone in entertainment, Frank Dileo, Forbes, RollingStone, ect... claimed he was broke and $400 million in debt. With nothing ever said about the facts stated in the above quote.

Question: Why was this lie propagated for 16 years?

How could he ever not have money? Notice how fast everything is all roses now that he's dead; very convenient. John Branca & Sony must be grinning from ear to ear 24/7.

yeah, they will try to say anything now, lets see what they come up with now :smilerolleyes:, jerks...

i think that person was beating up on the media. lol

Yeah I figured that's why I wrote the sarcasm at the end in an edit. but I'm kinda slow typing and thinking at the same time.:rofl:

Thanks!

when you turn on the radio, there is a seventy five percent chance that MJ owns the publishing of the song to which you are listening, whether it's written and sung by him, or someone else. he owns more than one catalogue. Taylor Swift is the talk of the media. MJ owns her publshing. so..MJ was financially fine, before June 25. and the lawyers are now saying that they are banking on something MJ knew about 20 years ago. he bought it almost 20 years ago. and lots of artists signed their publishing over to him, ever since, to add to the many classic songs already in the catalogue. the beatles are just a small part of that catalogue. if you scroll up this thread and look for the siggy to the member known as 'Rasta Pasta', you will see an explanation of the joint venture between Sony and MJ's catalogues. as of last count, MJ owns the rights to over 750 thousand songs, not counting his own. publishing is where the most money is. and MJ had the money to spend, because he was willing to spend the money. the more money spent, the more money made. he invested big money in a catalogue that Paul McCartney was not willing to spend. and the rest is HIStory.
thanks, thank you very much ;D, i will see Rasta Pasta's siggy NOW.
And then some dare to say he was not a great business man...:smilerolleyes:

Hey don't beat up on me. I am just quoting the news article.:yes: (sarcasm)

lol Dont worry Im not shooting the messenger.

It's the news article itself. I could never understand why the media kept saying MJ was broke when he alone placed himself in a seat of power that most dream of. He could have lived off of the catalogue alone if wasnt for the leeches around him.

That catalogue is worth $30 BILLION dollars not $100m.

lol Dont worry Im not shooting the messenger.

It's the news article itself. I could never understand why the media kept saying MJ was broke when he alone placed himself in a seat of power that most dream of. He could have lived off of the catalogue alone if wasnt for the leeches around him.

That catalogue is worth $30 BILLION dollars not $100m.

he could live off that cat, despite the leeches. that's what it was for. it was and always is bad economy-proof. people think MJ didn't think there was any bad motives in people, but they were wrong. he recognized Mottolla, and Sneddon, in a song, didn't he?

and let me tell you, if you get money by ill begotten means, you will most surely lose it, quickly. living right, is, indeed, the best revenge, i don't care what you believe.

Conan OBrien said, if you work hard, and are kind, amazing things will happen to you.

so MJ's financial empire stood, while leeches around him fell fast, financially.

Banks that did unscrupulous practices in America, crashed. the airline that spied on MJ, electronically, went bankrupt.

if you do the right thing, you'll adapt beneficial business practices. if not, you'll never run a business right, and you will fall.

you are right. people dream of being in MJ's seat, because it was a successful seat. people don't dream of being a part of a failure. the media was jealous. and they're failing. lots of networks are going out of business. you know when to spot a good businessperson. that's the person being criticized the most. the other businesses are quietly disappearing, and no one is paying attention to them.

where do you think their criticism comes from? obviously, their philosophy doesn't work, because they, themselves are failing. such is the story of these media outlets. i've never seen such a quick turnover and disappearance and revolving door, as what i've been hearing on radio frequencies. stations were disappearing, like there was no tomorrow, over the past ten plus years. these are the people that thought MJ was a bad businessperson.

Last edited:
he recognized Mottolla by calling him a devil. and the 'you can't block me' lyric in 'Unbreakable', referring to the company's unwillingness to promote him, and willingness to oppress him.

Invincible came out first (2001) and then MJ had the anti-Mottola/Sony campaign (2002) partly because Sony wouldnt promote Invincible. MJ couldnt have sung that before it happenend ;)

he could live off that cat, despite the leeches. that's what it was for. it was and always is bad economy-proof. people think MJ didn't think there was any bad motives in people, but they were wrong. he recognized Mottolla, and Sneddon, in a song, didn't he?

and let me tell you, if you get money by ill begotten means, you will most surely lose it, quickly. living right, is, indeed, the best revenge, i don't care what you believe.

Conan OBrien said, if you work hard, and are kind, amazing things will happen to you.

so MJ's financial empire stood, while leeches around him fell fast, financially.

Banks that did unscrupulous practices in America, crashed. the airline that spied on MJ, electronically, went bankrupt.

if you do the right thing, you'll adapt beneficial business practices. if not, you'll never run a business right, and you will fall.

you are right. people dream of being in MJ's seat, because it was a successful seat. people don't dream of being a part of a failure. the media was jealous. and they're failing. lots of networks are going out of business. you know when to spot a good businessperson. that's the person being criticized the most. the other businesses are quietly disappearing, and no one is paying attention to them.

where do you think their criticism comes from? obviously, their philosophy doesn't work, because they, themselves are failing. such is the story of these media outlets. i've never seen such a quick turnover and disappearance and revolving door, as what i've been hearing on radio frequencies. stations were disappearing, like there was no tomorrow, over the past ten plus years. these are the people that thought MJ was a bad businessperson.

Mj represents what they are not,and achieved what they still can't....they are failing big time,record companies are over,journalism is gone....they pick on him because he was a constant reminder of their failure especially as business man,let aside the artistic aspect.
I think they're not only jelaous but in total denial over their limits.

30 Billion dollars??????? Is this for real????? Is this for Sony/ATV or for Mijac catalog? I read that ATV was 1,5 billion and thought it was super massive, but 30 billions? Wow!

30 Billion dollars??????? Is this for real????? Is this for Sony/ATV or for Mijac catalog? I read that ATV was 1,5 billion and thought it was super massive, but 30 billions? Wow!

Qoted from Absolute Astronomy Encyclopedia , from here: http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Sony_slash_ATV_Music_Publishing#encyclopedia

"Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC is one of the world's largest music publishing companies. The company was formed by the 1995 merger of the Sony Corporation of America's music publishing business and ATV Music—which Michael Jackson purchased, in 1985, for US$47.5 million from Australian businessman Robert Holmes à Court. Jackson was awarded with US$95 million upfront, alongside a 50% share in the merged company. The singer kept as his sole property, Mijac Music Publishing catalogue, which holds all of his music, as well as that of many other acts.
Sony/ATV owns or administers over 600,000 copyrights, including works by The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, The Everly Brothers, Hank Williams, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, Neil Diamond, and numerous others. Among Sony/ATV's most valuable holdings is the Northern Songs catalogue, consisting of 180 songs written by The Beatles (mostly by Lennon-McCartney). According to the Sony/ATV Music website, the company owns or administers 1,963 songs from the Lennon-McCartney catalog.

In May 2007, Sony/ATV acquired the Famous Music publishing company from Viacom's Paramount Pictures for US$400 million. The Famous Music catalogue includes 125,000 songs.

The company is co-owned by Sony and trusts formed by Michael Jackson and is said to be worth up to US$30 billion.(*) Sony/ATV Music Publishing is not part of Sony Music Entertainment."

Article on new Beatles book: ATV catalog now worth $30 billion...
Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 08:02:15 AM:

Another Beatles book? Doesn't the world already know everything it possibly can about the Fab Four, from the nickname of their favorite Hamburg pill dealer to the mustache style of the cab driver who took George through the streets of Rishikesh?
Well... no. And as long as interest in the band continues to flower - and pass along to new generations - Ye Olde Beatles Bookshelf will continue to groan under the accumulated weight of its tomes. Beatles for Sale, though, is the first one to make a comprehensive study of the group through the prism of its finances. Publishing, record contracts, Apple, Inc., merchandising, management, movies and even their fan club are studied with an accountant's eye.

The result is actually not dry and pretty fascinating - mostly how the biggest group in the world, before or since, made blunders that even today's MySpace minions wouldn't fall for. You never give me your money? Not unless it's in the contract, baby.

Rocks Off spoke with Beatles for Sale author and all-around Fabs expert John Blaney (Lennon and McCartney: Together Alone - A Critical Discography of Their Solo Work) about a wide range of money matters that would make a Liverpool taxman orgasm with delight.

Rocks Off: With so many hundreds of books already written about the Beatles, what made you decide to concentrate on their financial life?

John Blaney: It's a fascinating aspect of The Beatles' story that's never been covered in-depth. Money is like sex. None of us think we are getting enough, and when a group like the Beatles comes along, we all want to know how much they're getting and what they do with it.

The fact that The Beatles could have been even richer is also intriguing. Where did it go? And when you look into their business deals, you realize how they were controlled by businessmen and lawyers from the word go. They didn't stand a chance.

RO: The Beatles made many bad business decisions that even a struggling band today would never make. Do you think it's because many of these areas for bands - publishing, merchandising - were relatively new at the time?

JB: To be fair, The Beatles didn't make the mistakes. Their manager, lawyers, and accountants made the mistakes because nobody, with the exception of Elvis Presley and the Disney Corporation, had ever done anything like this before.

The Beatles had to rely on advisors, who for the most part didn't appreciate just how much the group could earn. It wouldn't happen today, because everyone has learned from the mistakes made by
[manager Brian] Epstein and his advisors.

RO: Brian Epstein: how much "blame" should he really get for his bad or uninformed decisions?
JB: The buck stops with Epstein (right). He constantly said The Beatles were going to be bigger than Elvis, and yet he constantly undervalued the group. While it's true that he was breaking new ground with some of his business deals, a businessman would have fought for better deals than Epstein secured.

It's easy to blame him in hindsight, but contemporaries like Don Arden and Allen Klein would have cut better deals. But whether they would have been better for The Beatles is unlikely. If nothing else Epstein was honest, open and a gentleman.

RO: Epstein also signed away a shocking 90 percent of the Beatles' merchandising sales to the Seltaeb company. Is this his biggest blunder?

JB: It sounds like a massive blunder, but the real shocker is the fact that Lennon and McCartney ended up losing the rights to their own songs. The last time Sony/ATV, which owns Northern Songs, was valued, it was said to be worth $30 billion!

What they lost in merchandising is peanuts compared to what they lost in royalties when they lost control of Northern Songs. The merchandising bubble would have only lasted a few years at best, but the royalties from songwriting will keep pouring in for as long as their music lasts. And it looks like that is going to be a long time.

Last edited:
So, Michael's share is 15 billion. So, if he was so much in debt and was forced to do concerts (as some say) why didn't he just sell small part of it to Sony and continue to spend days with children? That's why I don't buy talks about not wanting to do London shows...

So, Michael's share is 15 billion. So, if he was so much in debt and was forced to do concerts (as some say) why didn't he just sell small part of it to Sony and continue to spend days with children? That's why I don't buy talks about not wanting to do London shows...

I do believe he wanted to do the shows. However not for financial reasons as implied by the Media propagandists and other "friends" deceivers.

His (SONY/ATV) share was closer to this amount. This is why Branca & SONY never gives the figures, and how "hard they are working" to preserve MJ's legacy. They are (like AEG) just raking in the money from his ideas that were already in motion. How could someone supposedly live with a "400 million debt" and still conduct business.

Here is an article you will not hear shouted in the lying Media over and over again. Try to over look the writers characterizations of Jackson's "turmoiled finacial condition" & "multi millionaire" bull crap. Also note the article nor anybody else mentions the earnings of MJ owned companies and investments( Sony/Atv) . They purposely split Jackson into 2 seperate entities. Michael Jackson (Entertainer) & Michael Jackson (the business owner). The latter and the annual earnings this generates are never allowed to be reported even in Forbes.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...bt-is-paid-off

MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEBT IS PAID OFF

This Is It has raised over £150m for the Jackson estate

Sunday November 29,2009
By Mike Parker

THE debts that plunged Michael Jackson’s life into turmoil have been cleared, barely five months after his death.

Music royalties and box-office takings for the film This Is It have brought in almost half-a-billion dollars to the King of Pop’s estate.
The phenomenal flow of cash, which does not include income from Jackson souvenirs and memorabilia, more than covers the estimated £250million he owed. Administrators John Branca and John McClain still face at least six lawsuits, originally filed against the singer but now transferred to his estate.

These include a £180million action by New Jersey based company AllGood Entertainment that claims Jackson reneged on a planned pay-per-view TV reunion concert with his brothers in Texas.

Hollywood director John Landis, who made the singer’s 1983 Thriller video, is also suing for an undisclosed sum over alleged non- payment of his share of the profits.

A spokesman for the administrators said yesterday: “Our attorneys are in negotiations with various parties on a number of unresolved issues. We expect these to be amicably resolved by early in the New Year.”
Even hefty out-of-court settlements and legal fees won’t make much of a dent in Jackson’s posthumous fortune and future earning potential, according to financial experts.

Jackson was already No3 on Forbes Magazine’s annual list of highest- grossing dead celebrities, behind fashion icon Yves St Laurent and composers Rodgers & Hammerstein, before This Is It was released last month. By yesterday, the film had raked in almost $240million worldwide, according to online monitor Box Office Mojo, with eventual income from DVD sales expected to double that. Sales of the spin-off double CD, which has made the top 10 in more than 120 countries, as well as re-releases of Jackson’s classic albums, are “conservatively” expected to top £180million by Christmas, according to Sony Music.

Forbes senior editor Matthew Miller believes the Jackson phenomenon will continue to dominate the magazine’s dead celebrity chart for years to come. His posthumous earnings already dwarf those of Elvis Presley, whose estate made only £34 in the current financial year. Mr Miller said: “In life, Michael sank into uncontroll­able debt, raising enormous loans to pay for other ones he couldn’t afford. He was, basically, a multi-millionaire living a billionaire lifestyle.”

Last edited:

the last part of the paragraph said that royalties keep pouring in as long as the songs last. that's why MJ didn't have to tour. MJ made money in his sleep. if u have a mobile phone, you put money in MJ's pocket. he didn't need that movie, This IS It, either. he never was in debt, because of his assets. antagonists don't seem to get it, because they deal in liquid. they deal in short term. Micheal didn't deal in cash, so the antagonists said he was in debt. no. he saw the big picture. you can't possibly be overspending when the money is a fountain. it's always flowing, so how could he be in debt? the antagonists are out of business, themselves. they're always looking for the quick fix. they don't see MJ's long term innovative ingenuity. they know it works, but they don't have the patience for it. they love money too much. they want to hold it in their hands. that's the love that they say is evil..that's what puts people out of business. it's better to exchange a quarter for another quarter, than to hold onto a quarter. what difference does it make? both quarters have the same value. the more you try to hold onto money, the faster it will disappear on you. Michael's method was foolproof, and theif proof. it made bad business people look good. the antagonists are envious of MJ, so they painted a lying picture of him. they wanted him to be seen as that five letter word. meanwhile they are standing at the unemployment line. if MJ wanted to(and he wanted to) he could rest with his kids. if he really needed to tour, the way the media says, then 10 shows in one place would have not been enough. so really..the change to fifty shows, and everything that happened afterwards is a big painful mystery. you could see in the movie, how when MJ told people to do something, sometimes, they injected their own ideas, and he would relent. that doesn't mean that MJ didn't want the first idea to stick. makes me wonder about what he really thought, concerning touring, this time around. people liked to take advantage of his soft nature. they were more argumentative than he was. anyway, not a good idea to sell the catalogue. MJ was right.

Last edited:
that article or one that stated the same info was posted/discussed a good year or 2 back. the article isnt valid it was shown that the largest publishing cat in the world is worth no where near that figure let alone the sony/ATV.

it was shown by who? i guess it's a matter of what link you believe.

how is it possible not to believe in the billions, when just about everybody in the world owns a mobile phone, a radio, and watches commercials on tv, live performances, game shows, and sports broadcasts, just to name a few? i just heard a portion of Carrie Underwood. kaching for MJ. why is it hard to believe MJ is the biggest private publisher? maybe it is a good idea to keep it all secret.

Yeah! Michael assets are alot. 15 billion? No way! Prob a couple of hundred millions. I am sure Neverland and Encino were facing foreclosure, and MJ and Randy were looking for loans left and right to raise money during the trial.I would think any billionaire will give away a few millions to save their homes.ATV/Sony was a source of income for MJ, but it was not enough to cover 400 million in debt. Lets remember, MJ was practically broke after the trial, and Janet was making payments at Encino. I think the film and royalties from songs will help the estate alot in addition to any business ideas they create.

Last edited:
Back