Michael Jackson Estate News (Announcements and Discussion)

From the Estate:

Hello, MJ Fam!

We’re excited to let you know that there is going to be an announcement coming tomorrow regarding the MJ Broadway Show!
We also want to let you know that there will be a special Pre-Sale window exclusively for MJ Fans, so check out Michael’s social media pages on Friday for details.

Thanks,

MJ Online Team

185101012_10225637727032828_3101671755202905631_n.jpg

ugh they need to stop making dumb uninteresting announcements and get on to doing some real damage,i dont mind they have other who cares kind of projects but every time i see mjs socials make announcement my heart drops and it always turns out to be a nonevent

News: MJ Musical will perform on December 6, which will begin booking tickets on May 18.

rolerprod;4322165 said:
ugh they need to stop making dumb uninteresting announcements and get on to doing some real damage,i dont mind they have other who cares kind of projects but every time i see mjs socials make announcement my heart drops and it always turns out to be a nonevent

I mean, that’s entirely subjective. Many people (including myself) are thrilled about the Broadway show and can’t wait to see it. Just because it isn’t necessarily in your wheelhouse doesn’t make it a non-event.

AlwaysThere;4322181 said:
I mean, that’s entirely subjective. Many people (including myself) are thrilled about the Broadway show and can’t wait to see it. Just because it isn’t necessarily in your wheelhouse doesn’t make it a non-event.

Exactly! And if international travel would open up again, I'd be there in a heart beat!

Nothing you said here, makes sense. Some capital letters and full stops might help. Tickets for the Broadway show are on sale from the 18th May, which is six days away. For those able to attend from December 6th onwards, it IS a big deal. Broadway is a big deal, in terms of shows. It's the pinnacle. The launching of this show has been delayed by more than a year, so it is indeed exciting for it to be finally back on track for the end of this year.

Nothing you said here, makes sense. Some capital letters and full stops might help. Tickets for the Broadway show are on sale from the 18th May, which is six days away. For those able to attend from December 6th onwards, it IS a big deal. Broadway is a big deal, in terms of shows. It's the pinnacle. The launching of this show has been delayed by more than a year, so it is indeed exciting for it to be finally back on track for the end of this year.

English isnt my first language but im sure it made a lot of sense to you since you quoted it and replied to the point so youre just being petty.
the show isnt exciting even if i did live in the united states and even if i was the small percentage of people from around the world who were geographically close to it,its as nonevent as the circus shows its a blunt money grab unlike new music,new videos,new concerts.
hopefully they keep these annoying announcements out of the main mj social media accounts in the future.

English isnt my first language but im sure it made a lot of sense to you since you quoted it and replied to the point so youre just being petty.
the show isnt exciting even if i did live in the united states and even if i was the small percentage of people from around the world who were geographically close to it,its as nonevent as the circus shows its a blunt money grab unlike new music,new videos,new concerts.
hopefully they keep these annoying announcements out of the main mj social media accounts in the future.

I mean I understood your initial reaction, but I'd disagree in that I think that "MJ: The Musical" might be the Estate's start in trying to sort of take back control of Michael's legacy in the minds of people. Like it or not LN did quite a bit of damage, at least for a while, and I think that the musical might just be the start of a new "era" in MJ content -- whether or not we get music out of it is still unknown (but I'd bet we will get something) -- where he's seen rightfully as one of the most talented and influential artists of all time rather than the monster/freak that the tabloids always accused him of being.

I mean I understood your initial reaction, but I'd disagree in that I think that "MJ: The Musical" might be the Estate's start in trying to sort of take back control of Michael's legacy in the minds of people. Like it or not LN did quite a bit of damage, at least for a while, and I think that the musical might just be the start of a new "era" in MJ content -- whether or not we get music out of it is still unknown (but I'd bet we will get something) -- where he's seen rightfully as one of the most talented and influential artists of all time rather than the monster/freak that the tabloids always accused him of being.

i just dont think having random unrelated shows to mj's image up till he passed makes alot of sense or will help in shaping the very limited public that gets the chance to consider going to them opinions.
they could do other even less expensive things to change mj publics opinion(radio slots,tv slots,movie efforts and these are just the obvious things that come to mind) and thats why i think those shows are nothing more than a good business deal to the estate.
im not mad at it at all,again to each his own but they should keep those side hustles away from his accounts

In my opinion it is not random neither unrelated, it is for those who can appreciate his legacy through time and feel nostalgic about his era. Talking about public opinion, many many efforts as you say have already been made as well as recent documentaries that dismantle the speculations of LN (one for all, I recommend Square One).
Personally speaking, if I didn't live so far I would have loved to attend the Broadway event

i just dont think having random unrelated shows to mj's image up till he passed makes alot of sense or will help in shaping the very limited public that gets the chance to consider going to them opinions.
they could do other even less expensive things to change mj publics opinion(radio slots,tv slots,movie efforts and these are just the obvious things that come to mind) and thats why i think those shows are nothing more than a good business deal to the estate.
im not mad at it at all,again to each his own but they should keep those side hustles away from his accounts

Broadway is a big deal and plenty of people love theatrical performances. I loved Thriller Live and went to a few shows here in the UK. If I lived in New York, I definitely would have gone to one of these Broadway shows.

They are not irrelevant nor unrelated to MJ, so any information regarding the Broadway shows should be posted on MJ's social media accounts. Broadway shows are a great way to put the attention back on MJ's music and celebrate his artistry.

Just because you don't care about Broadway shows, it doesn't mean others do not. The Estate shouldn't post information about Broadway shows on their social media accounts, because you are not a fan and your heart drops, lol. Cry me a river!

Last edited:
Broadway is a big deal and plenty of people love theatrical performances. I loved Thriller Live and went to a few shows here in the UK. If I lived in New York, I definitely would have gone to one of these Broadway shows.

They are not irrelevant nor unrelated to MJ, so any information regarding the Broadway shows should be posted on MJ's social media accounts. Broadway shows are a great way to put the attention back on MJ's music and celebrate his artistry.

Just because you don't care about Broadway shows, it doesn't mean others do not. The Estate shouldn't post information about Broadway shows on their social media accounts, because you are not a fan and your heart drops, lol. Cry me a river!

Thank you!

English isnt my first language but im sure it made a lot of sense to you since you quoted it and replied to the point so youre just being petty. the show isnt exciting even if i did live in the united states and even if i was the small percentage of people from around the world who were geographically close to it,its as nonevent as the circus shows its a blunt money grab unlike new music,new videos,new concerts.

Quoting and replying to it doesn't validate its understandability at ALL and I was not being petty. ESL or not, you are coming across as very arrogant and entitled - especially when demanding that the Estate keep these "annoying announcements" off the MJ social media accounts. I mean....REALLY?! What other kinds of announcements are they going to make?

You are stating that the show isn't exciting, as though it's a FACT, when in reality, it just isn't exciting to YOU. If that's the case, then why bring your negative attitude into the thread in the first place? Considering the show hasn't launched yet and won't until December 6th, no one can attest to its level of excitement.....no one knows what it will be like until they see it, or until they read some reviews and accounts from fans who live in New York, or travel there to see it. I live across the other side of the world from New York and may never be able to see the musical, but I am happy for this positive news, for other fans who CAN.

The Cirque du Soleil shows were not a non-event. They were hugely popular - with mega fans, casual fans and the general public alike and were extremely well-done, well-received and well-reviewed. They have brought in WAY more income than ANY of the new music, new videos and new concerts that we have had so far. MJ ONE will re-open this year and will continue to celebrate Michael's artistry, just as before. In terms of new projects, going forward, it doesn't have to be an "either/or" situation.....we can have MJ ONE, we can have MJ The Musical and we can have music, concerts, etc. That way there is something for everyone.

giphy.gif

They are not random, unrelated shows, nor are they a side hustle.

They are more like the flagship. LOL

Back