Michael Jackson interviewed by fans in 1995

Electro;4301305 said:
Maybe he mostly had trouble with sending emails for some reason.
Surfing the net isn't that hard.

Other computers he had in his house, might have been in connection with music production. I remember reading that in his last years after recording sessions, he kept harddrives with his vocal tracks exclusively, to prevent leaks.

Maybe he just didn’t want to be known as the computer guy in the family, who has to fix everybody’s computer problems? :laughing:

Joke aside, I’m convinced MJ knew a lot more than he would ever let people know. Normal everyday usage of a computer is not rocket science. Due to the unusual school situation in his childhood and youth, he might not have had typing classes, so it’s kind of normal that you’d feel awkward when you’re being filmed at a computer, and maybe you then decide to pretend to type properly for the camera. But no one will be able to convince me that MJ wasn’t able to boot up a computer and fetch his e-mail, or play an mp3 by double-clicking on it. I mean, come on! We’re talking about a super smart person here. I have personally taught many people how to use a computer, and they usually had the most trouble with the mouse, as that is a bit counter-intuitive at first, but they all figured out the basics very quickly.

JLumN64.jpg

Someone made a thread asking about it some years ago and Gaz or someone else confirmed that he had account here if I remember right. I tried using the search to find discussion about it but I didn't find it.

Galactus123;4301321 said:
Someone made a thread asking about it some years ago and Gaz or someone else confirmed that he had account here if I remember right. I tried using the search to find discussion about it but I didn't find it.

I don’t doubt that MJ did indeed lurk in the forums. Yoda just tries to remind mj_frenzy to always mention their sources when they make claims. ;)

But did Michael Jackson himself open an account here? If so, why would he tell ANYone / how would Gaz know? If there was direct contact with Michael, why not confirm exactly that?

Or was the account opened FOR Michael, details forwarded to Michaels management, as sort of a "welcome gift", so it can be said that "Michael Jackson has an account here"? If so, and if the account showed login activity, how does anyone want to know who exactly logged in?

All a bit mysterious. For now I'll stick with my deliberate misinformation theory. :D

Last edited:
Electro;4301325 said:
But did Michael Jackson himself open an account here? If so, why would he tell ANYone / how would Gaz know? If there was direct contact with Michael, why confirm exactly that?

Or was the account opened FOR Michael, details forwarded to Michaels management, as sort of a "welcome gift", so it can be said that "Michael Jackson has an account here"? If so, and if the account showed login activity, how does anyone want to know who exactly logged in?

All a bit mysterious. For now I'll stick with my deliberate misinformation theory. :D

Unlike here in Germany, many internet users in the USA have a fixed IP address. If you happen to know someone’s IP address, because you did have a confirmed contact at some point, you can search your forum’s server logs for it. Of course, that would only prove that the forum was visited by someone using that internet connection, not MJ specifically. :)

But did Michael Jackson himself open an account here? If so, why would he tell ANYone / how would Gaz know? If there was direct contact with Michael, why not confirm exactly that?

Ask Gaz he knows

Electro;4301327 said:
Yes, that's what I meant. (I run a non-MJ forum).

Ah, I see! :)

I look at it this way: MJ often mentioned in interviews that he rarely got to see people behave normally around him. So, if a technology emerges that gives him a chance to see what people really think or talk about when they’re not freaking out because of his presence, I’m 99.9% sure he’d use it. And he might not even have used the account that was opened for him (if this is what happened) but go completely anonymous.

But I would also guess he wouldn’t spend most of his online time reading about himself, but engage in other conversations and topics somewhere else.

All of this pure speculation based on trying to understand his situation.

ScreenOrigami;4301323 said:
I don’t doubt that MJ did indeed lurk in the forums. Yoda just tries to remind mj_frenzy to always mention their sources when they make claims. ;)

I googled and found this thread:
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...n-MJJC/page3?p=4193431&viewfull=1#post4193431

Gaz;4193431 said:
I'm sorry guys but a promise is a promise, I can tell you, he had an account that both he and his management team used to frequent to see what was being said, I can also tell you due to our long-standing etiquette and tone towards him and his family he preferred us over many of the other fan clubs, I know first hand the last thing he wanted to read was being torn apart by his own fans because they felt some sort of right to do so in the name of being fans, I'm pretty sure he'd had enough of that by the mainstream media, so the one place he wanted to seek solace he chose here.

That is all I will say on it as I have done for many years, but as said a direct promise was made to him which I will never break - sorry :(

Anyway - if anyone wants to research our 130,000 members to see if they can, in fact, find it, be my guest, I'd love to see what the investigators in you can come up with.

Oh and btw, the only reason I know was because I was warned - as they do ;)

Gaz;4193431 said:
due to our long-standing etiquette and tone towards him and his family he preferred us over many of the other fan clubs, I know first hand the last thing he wanted to read was being torn apart by his own fans because they felt some sort of right to do so in the name of being fans, I'm pretty sure he'd had enough of that by the mainstream media, so the one place he wanted to seek solace he chose here.

We should act accordingly, even though he’s no longer here.

Ah right, I think I even read these posts before.
Sounds believeable. Nice that Michael was around.

Hard to beleive this was back in '95. I remember my dad talking about it all the time. Ha. How time flies. Amazing.

ScreenOrigami;4301331 said:
Ah, I see! :)

I look at it this way: MJ often mentioned in interviews that he rarely got to see people behave normally around him. So, if a technology emerges that gives him a chance to see what people really think or talk about when they’re not freaking out because of his presence, I’m 99.9% sure he’d use it. And he might not even have used the account that was opened for him (if this is what happened) but go completely anonymous.

But I would also guess he wouldn’t spend most of his online time reading about himself, but engage in other conversations and topics somewhere else.

All of this pure speculation based on trying to understand his situation.

He was also super wary about reading unpleasant things about himself. That would make the internet basically a minefield for him. Far more unpleasant than real life. He would only want to look at curated and vetted stuff if it were about himself, I feel.

mjfan05;4301351 said:
He was also super wary about reading unpleasant things about himself. That would make the internet basically a minefield for him. Far more unpleasant than real life. He would only want to look at curated and vetted stuff if it were about himself, I feel.

That’s a good point.

I read about that rumor that he had conversations with the author of a philosophy blog. That’s something I can imagine to have happened.

Back