Michael Jackson - 'Loving You' Next Single Rumors

dam2040;4025396 said:
Lovin You is real catchy in my opinion. Music is subjective. It would be stupid to say oh they won't like this, when most of us were pretty damn wrong about Love Never Felt So Good which has ended up charting better than the album overall.

Selling yes, charting no. The album charted in Top 5 almost everywhere. LNFSG was mainly Top 40 hit.

Argentine Monthly Albums (CAPIF) #5
Australian Albums (ARIA) #2
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria) #2
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders) #1
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) #1
Canadian Albums (Billboard) #3
Croatian Albums (HDU) #21
Croatian Foreign Albums (HDU) #7
Czech Albums (ČNS IFPI) #5
Danish Albums (Hitlisten) #1
Dutch Albums (MegaCharts) #2
Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista) #5
French Albums (SNEP) #1
German Albums (Media Control) #2
Greek Albums (IFPI) #2
Hungarian Albums (MAHASZ) #4
Irish Albums (IRMA) #4
Italian Albums (FIMI) #2
Japanese Albums (Oricon) #4
Mexican Albums (AMPROFON) #4
New Zealand Albums (Recorded Music NZ) #3
Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) #2
Polish Albums (ZPAV) #4
Portuguese Albums (AFP) #3
Russian Albums (2M) #1
Scottish Albums (OCC) #3
South Korea Albums (Gaon Chart) #6/#9
South Korea Foreign Albums (Gaon Chart) #1/#4
Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE) #1
Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) #3
Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) #2
Taiwanese Albums (G-Music) #2
Taiwanese Western Albums (G-Music) #1
UK Albums (OCC) #1
US Billboard 200 #2
US R&B/Hip Hop Albums (Billboard) #1

Also JT helped LNFSG a lot! McClain version wouldn't chart at all. If they plan to have Beyonce on Loving You that would be different. But why have a duet when we can have solo MJ hit?

Didn't someone from Cirque tweeted that they were working on a APWNN video as a next single and it included some shots from the set? What happened to that? Perhaps a double single release? like Scream/Childhood from '95?

Didn't someone from Cirque tweeted that they were working on a APWNN video as a next single and it included some shots from the set? What happened to that? Perhaps a double single release? like Scream/Childhood from '95?

They never said it's a single. It will probably be some kind of a tribute like Immortal did with Blue Gangsta.

First off, this is a RUMOUR, (I read the newspaper he works for, he is a bit hit and miss)
It might not be to everyone's taste, its still an amazing song, and one of the best remixes on the album !
Don't forget they're reacting to what is in the charts, and what's coming out, like Nicole Scherzinger's new song Your Love, which is catchy but super repetitive. That's what they're going for with Loving You, an easy to listen to, catchy radio friendly song.
I do agree it is late, but it will probably be on the radio 2 weeks before.
I think they will release APWNN next after that, because Stargate tend to be a big hit with listens Worldwide, if they release another song I think Xscape.
People need to relax though, this guy could be right or he could be way off the mark.

Loving You is one of my favourites on the album but I'm not sure about this choice as a single to the general public. I'm also a bit disappointed now in the promotion. They promised big promotion that would take our breath away but that lasted about a week after release and then absolutely nothing. Maybe by huge promotion they meant the hologram, but rather than such stunts it's a lot more important to keep up the momentum and on that department Sony/the Estate dropped the ball yet again. It's like they become amateurs when it comes to promoting MJ. I really do not understand some of their choices. And it's a bit sad, because in this case there actually was a momentum that they could have kept up as the album had good staying power on the charts. But now it's dropping and they are telling us that the next single is still 1.5 month away? WTH is that?

I disagree with Onir that it's the second worst song on the album, it's a great song, it's one of my personal faves on the album (eg. I prefer it to the much hyped Slave on any day), but with the next single they should show another side of the album, not something that is similar in mood, theme and tempo to the first single. Something that is uptempo, dancy and modern. APWNN or Chicago. They both seem to be popular with casual fans and the general public. Also because both of these songs have a story that is just begging for a great video. But Loving You is yet another love song, with not much story, so the video (if there is one) probably will be uninteresting again.

If this is true, I don't know what to say, but I'm disappointed because this album has so much more potential than this. It's almost as if they deliberately mess up the promotion again.

Last edited:
Imagine APWNN in the clubs! Perfect summer club hit.

I agree that Loving You is extremely radio friendly. It would probably be my 4th choice. And see that those songs are not even my Top 5 from the album. But whoever heard APWNN said it is the BOMB. Maybe that's just here in Croatia, maybe we love that Europe sound. Even my mom and dad, my best friend (JT fan) and his girl said it's the best song on the album.

But 11.8. is too late for any single. 11.7. would be OK.

Nahh not really for clubs but a really really good jam; the perfect radio hit for the summer! Xscape, imo, is the perfect summer club hit! Otherwise, Loving You is a bang but there are other songs that are a lot stronger. And apparently, it's a standout track to my family lol

With APWNN I also can picture an absolutely awesome animated video in my mind! I could also see both versions being released to radios: the new version to Top 40 radios, the original to Adult Contemporary radios. It would be fun too because the two versions are so different and IMO that would give people something to talk about too: comparing the two versions, who prefers which one etc. That song has so much potential as a single.

If they chose Loving You and August because of the "hello August moon" line... well, OK, but then release something before that.

My favourite songs:
1. Chaicago
2. Slave To The Rhythm
3. Xscape
4. Love Never Felt So Good (duet with JT)
5. A Place With No Name
6. Loving You
7. Blue Gangsta
8. Do You Know Where Your Children Are

But if I were LA Reid:
1. Love Never Felt So Good (duet with JT) - already released
2. A Place With No Name
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. Loving You
5. Chicago
6. Xscape

With APWNN I also can picture an absolutely awesome animated video in my mind! I could also see both versions being released to radios: the new version to Top 40 radios, the original to Adult Contemporary radios. It would be fun too because the two versions are so different and IMO that would give people something to talk about too: comparing the two versions, who prefers which one etc. That song has so much potential as a single.

If they chose Loving You and August because of the "hello August moon" line... well, OK, but then release something before that.

Couldn't agree more! Exactly my thoughts. 2 versions would be amazing. Pop radios and Adult Contemporary radios!

My favourite songs:
1. Chaicago
2. Slave To The Rhythm
3. Xscape
4. Love Never Felt So Good (duet with JT)
5. A Place With No Name
6. Loving You
7. Blue Gangsta
8. Do You Know Where Your Children Are

But if I were LA Reid:
1. Love Never Felt So Good (duet with JT) - already released
2. A Place With No Name
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. Loving You
5. Chicago
6. Xscape

LA's favorite is Loving You lol

LA's favorite is Loving You lol

Timbaland's too. And I can see why. Like I said I adore that song too. But it's very similar in mood, style, theme to the first single. The next single should show the versatility of the album and not give the impression that Xscape is all about 80s style mid-tempo love songs.

I know. You would think that he would push for his own song.

Haha the first thing that came into my mind when I heard about the rumor is that Reid is trying to push for this single release

1. LNFSG - 1983
2. LY - 1985
3. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - 1986/87 ??

Is that the path?

Haha the first thing that came into my mind when I heard about the rumor is that Reid is trying to push for this single release

He clearly pushed for the hologram to perform his song. But in my opinion his song in Timbo's production is amazing! So I'm pushing for his song too. Too bad he is pushing for Michael's song.

Slave is a bit overrated IMO. It's a pretty generic song IMO, not at all better than Loving You (I prefer Loving You - my only problem with it as a single is only that it's too similar to the first single). I'd prefer either APWNN or Chicago. Those are also the two songs which seem to get the most positive feedback from casual fans/general public. Though this is just based on my experience on other boards and it may not be representative.

If they release APWNN as a single, I hope they cut out all the out of place MJ gulps. They sound so fake and they last way too long for me.

Slave is a bit overrated IMO. It's a pretty generic song IMO, not at all better than Loving You (I prefer Loving You - my only problem with it as a single is only that it's too similar to the first single). I'd prefer either APWNN or Chicago. Those are also the two songs which seem to get the most positive feedback from casual fans/general public. Though this is just based on my experience on other boards and it may not be representative.

I never liked Slave before. I hated the Tricky version. MJ vocals are amazing but the song was nothing special. But when I heard the new instrumental I fell in love with it immediately. I actually adore that instrumental from Xperia ad. I would love to have that instrumental on CD single. And with MJ perfect vocals it makes great song in my opinion.

The only thing we can hope for is that Loving You is going to be overrated by the (American) public, like they did with YANA. Don't get me wrong I like YANA but it is pretty much overrated. But you won't hear me complaining 'cause YANA reached #1.

Good decision if true, with Love Never Felt So Good doing really well here in the states (having the Thriller era vocal) I'm sure "Loving You" will eclipse LNFSG as far as popularity and chart success.

YANA was a great song. Plus it came out around the time when ballads were the best things on the market, like R. Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly. YANA had the benefit of timing, still one of my favorite songs, nonetheless.

I don't know what to think. I love LY, but i was hoping for something more current sounding like APWNN, instead of another retro single (which is similar to LNFSG). I guess they saw how successful LNFSG became and they want to stick to that formula.

Well if this turns out to be true and the new single will come in August, i hope they do some promo with LNFSG in July to give both single and album a boost. They need to get JT to perform the song somewhere or something.

I also think that they may have planned initially to release Slave as a second single with the hologram in the video (it's mentioned in the court docs that they may use it in a video), but after the negative feedback from fans they probably scrapped it and had to come up with something else.

We'll see what happens. This is just a rumor for now, so i still have hope for APWNN.

they probably select this song in anticipating of Michael's birthday. oh well!

Qbee, please say something. Is that their "big promotion"? Release 2nd single almost 4 months after the first one, and absolutely no promotion in between?? Some weird promotion!

I'd love for it to be a single, but just not in this order.
And I think any hope of STTR being a single is gone.

APWNN should be next.

Back