Michael Jackson - Oxford Union Speech March 6th 2001

Does a video of this exist? Or perhaps an audio recording for download? Thanks!

Does a video of this exist? Or perhaps an audio recording for download? Thanks!

Try this next link Zakk. I really hope it works.

http://www.filedropper.com/oxfordspeech

There may already be some other file of this sort in the 2000 Watts section, I haven't checked, but since I saw your request here I thought I might as well try and help out. All one needs is a few minutes and some widely available software.

I truly think this speech so very many years ago was one of his best moments ever, not necessarily as an artist, but above all as a human being. The children NGO issue may not have worked out, but the power and the truth of his words remain. Mr. Boteach may have done and said some questionable things in the meantime, but without his involvement this event could not have taken place.

Beyond all the wisdom I believe the personal testimony about the healing of the relationship with his own father is what made it so compelling.

In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Some of the most inspiring words ever uttered in my not so humble estimation.....I actually have my own extrapolation of those, but it is irrelevant in the context of the thread.

Back