Michael Jackson Scores A Brand New Billboard Chart Hit

CherubimII

Proud Member

Michael Jackson Scores A Brand New Billboard Chart Hit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmc...rand-new-billboard-chart-hit/?sh=bec43c93e497

Michael Jackson can be found all over the Billboard charts this week, thanks to several of his beloved Christmas singles that are doing well as millions of Americans continue to buy and stream holiday classics. Along with his siblings as part of the Jackson 5, the late singer actually collects a new chart hit this week as one of his most successful seasonal smashes reaches a new list.

The Jackson 5’s rendition of “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” debuts on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs chart this week. The tune opens at No. 23 on the 25-spot tally, entering as one of the most-streamed tracks in the U.S. categorized as either R&B or hip-hop.

“I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” earns the second-loftiest debut on this week’s R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs chart. The Jackson 5 come in behind only Beyoncé. Her new single “My House” arrives at No. 18.

The Jackson 5 actually claims a pair of spots on the R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs chart this week. Their other, more popular holiday hit single, “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town,” is also gaining ground as the big day nears. That tune is up to No. 8 on the latest tally, marking its highest placement on the list.

“I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” can also be found on several other Billboard charts, though it’s only new to the R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs tally. The same cut is also present on the R&B Streaming Songs, Holiday 100, Holiday Streaming Songs, and Holiday Airplay lists as well. The campy and fun tune is improving everywhere, and in the coming weeks, it could hit new highs on several Billboard rankings.

The Estate should look at releasing a Christmas album similar to what they did with "Scream" a few years back. The links to Christmas in the followign songs are somewhat tenuous but I could imagine it working.

Potential Tracklist:

You are not alone

I see Christmas potential in this song. People are often apart from loved ones at Christmas.

Childhood

Childhood - Christmas. Makes sense.

Baby Be Mine

"And girl I'll give you all I have to give...." it's upbeat, it's about sharing love. What's Christmas about?

Dont stop til you get enough

This might be the happiest song Michael ever did.

Rock with you

Refer to Baby be Mine

Another Part of Me

There is a bit of a Jesus reference in this song - you're just another part of me. It evokes imagery of us all being one and the same, and our reflection of the creator.

Heal the world

Obvious.

Stranger in Moscow

Michael's loneliest song. The film clip vaguely reminds me of the A Christmas Carol movies and the journey of meeting the ghosts of christmas. It's an introspective and reflective song and there is that quality to Christmas for some people.

Break of Dawn

I am growing to appreciate this song more. There's a relaxed opulence to the beat that I think wouldn't sound out of place in a Christmas setting.

Butterflies

Moody. Romantic. It could work.

Remember the time

Another tenuous link but Christmas is about creating memories.

You rock my world

See break of dawn.

Gone too soon

From a relgious setting this song could easily be about Jesus.

---- An argument could also be made for Will You Be There

The Estate should look at releasing a Christmas album similar to what they did with "Scream" a few years back. The links to Christmas in the followign songs are somewhat tenuous but I could imagine it working.

Potential Tracklist:

You are not alone

I see Christmas potential in this song. People are often apart from loved ones at Christmas.

Childhood

Baby Be Mine

"And girl I'll give you all I have to give...." it's upbeat, it's about sharing love. What's Christmas about?

Rock with you

Refer to Baby be Mine

Another Part of Me

There is a bit of a Jesus reference in this song - you're just another part of me. It evokes imagery of us all being one and the same, and our reflection of the creator.

Heal the world

Obvious.

Stranger in Moscow

Michael's loneliest song. The film clip vaguely reminds me of the A Christmas Carol movies and the journey of meeting the ghosts of christmas. It's an introspective and reflective song and there is that quality to Christmas for some people.

Break of Dawn

I am growing to appreciate this song more. There's a relaxed opulence to the beat that I think wouldn't sound out of place in a Christmas setting.

Butterflies

Remember the time

You rock my world

See break of dawn.

Gone too soon

Let's be honest for a moment, I don't think it would work... linking all these songs to Christmas is a big stretch.

Potential Tracklist:

You are not alone

Childhood

Baby Be Mine

Rock with you

Refer to Baby be Mine

Another Part of Me

Heal the world

Obvious.

Stranger in Moscow

Break of Dawn

Butterflies

Remember the time

You rock my world

See break of dawn.

Gone too soon

Sorry but that is not a xmas playlist.

Fans have been streaming ”I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” (on the platform I tried to inform people about…) to get it on the charts and obviously it worked. They are trying to get Earth Song on the charts at the moment by streaming it. It’s a group effort.

I can imagine the solo version of 'There Must Be More To Life Than This' being a New Years favourite, like John Lennon's 'Imagine'; it has that same vibe and meaning imho

I can imagine the solo version of 'There Must Be More To Life Than This' being a New Years favourite, like John Lennon's 'Imagine'; it has that same vibe and meaning imho
But it is such an underwhelming song I can’t believe that what heard is the complete song

Potential Tracklist:

You are not alone

Childhood

Baby Be Mine

Rock with you

Refer to Baby be Mine

Another Part of Me

Heal the world

Obvious.

Stranger in Moscow

Break of Dawn

Butterflies

Remember the time

You rock my world

See break of dawn.

Gone too soon

Not a single one of these fits the Christmas sprit for me.

I've always liked Someday At Christmas. If the estate makes a Christmas compilation album (maybe with M's solo stuff and some form the J5) then it's kinda a no brainer to include this song. I mean listen to the lyrics. "One warm December our hearts will see a world where men are free"
"Someday at Christmas there'll be no wars" Michael advocated for no more wars later in his life (basically all throughout his life)
I don't know I like this song. 🤷‍♀️

Back