Michael Jackson was obsessed to play the roles, that didn't really fitted him?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Starting from 90s, Michael Jackson always wanted to play some specific role, that in my opinion didn't really fitted him well. He wanted to buy Marvel, to play Spider-Man, then he wanted to buy Marvel to play Professor Xavier...These characters obviously were not for him. 15 years old teenager and bald old man... both white by the way. While MJ at that time was 40 years old black man...And that's kinda weird, you know. Actually, there were plenty of roles, that fitted him well. For exmaple he wanted to play Willy Wonka (and even started to created soundtrack for film to get this role), also he wanted to play crow in The Crow movie, then he wanted to play some usual guy in Star Wars movie. As for me, these role fitted him pretty well. That's a shame that from all this roles he get to chance to play only in Men In Black movie.
All in all, I just want to say, that Michael was a king. He created a lot of awesome songs like Unbreakable, Smooth Criminal, Chicago and so on. That's why in my opinion he couldn't play just some regular guy in movies. I mean he was a special person. Not ordinary of course. So, the roles, he would get, had to be appropriate for his image. I understand, why most directors wanted him playing an alien. He was just too cool to play a human being 😅
STanLeeMichaelJAckson.jpg

I mean he was a special person. Not ordinary of course. So, the roles, he would get, had to be appropriate for his image.
Yes. I also cannot imagine him playing regular roles in movies. They would not fit his image. He could have produced great movies. He could be a top agent in Men in Black, but I don't see him playing the regular agent running around chasing things on screen 😂😂.

Him playing white characters like Spider-Man and Professor X would have only pushed the ''He hated being black'' narrative

I wonder how many casual viewers of the Ghosts videoclip realize the mayor was played by MJ…

Would have been awesome to see him as Peter Pan in the movie, Hook. My favourite film. Can't imagine it without Robin Williams now though.

Thank God Michael did not play Jar-Jar Binks. The last thing he needed on his plate was Star Wars fans.
HAHAHAHAHAHHA. I didn't know who is Jar-Jar Binks, just googled him and, damn, no way Michael could play him... 😅 I think he probably could just voice this character

I don't think he was a good actor. Whenever he tried to act (Moonwalker, the Bad and Ghosts short films) it just felt like a guy acting. He didn't really become the character.
Ghosts is wonderful! His acting as Maestro is great, perhaps he related to the character. I think he could have produced great films.

I don't think he was a good actor. Whenever he tried to act (Moonwalker, the Bad and Ghosts short films) it just felt like a guy acting. He didn't really become the character.
He was born to play a king) Sorry, just a fan fact ;)

Maybe if people didn't know MJ was in the role then he could've tried it. He could have uncredited roles, he could do voice acting of course, and people forget. The Simpsons was his best acting role by far. Shame those idiots running the show into the ground have blackballed it.

But anyway, there's also playing parodies of himself, as it seemed he was apt to do throughout the 2000s. Basically glorified cameos.

This is not only with Michael Jackson.

Generally, very successful singers are not good actors (Elvis Presley, Madonna, Prince, and so on).
Michael liked the idea of being tied to multiple projects and I agree he wasn't a strong actor. His persona was so huge that it would've make it difficult to see him as any character other than himself
Apparently, this had to do also with a desire on his part to get more publicity.

Even when he was not active in his musical career, getting headlines about starring in possible film roles always helped him to remain at the center of public attention.

This is not only with Michael Jackson.

Generally, very successful singers are not good actors (Elvis Presley, Madonna, Prince, and so on).

Apparently, this had to do also with a desire on his part to get more publicity.

Even when he was not active in his musical career, getting headlines about starring in possible film roles always helped him to remain at the center of public attention.

Which always countered his claim that he didn't want to be over exposed.

Starting from 90s, Michael Jackson always wanted to play some specific role, that in my opinion didn't really fitted him well. He wanted to buy Marvel, to play Spider-Man, then he wanted to buy Marvel to play Professor Xavier...These characters obviously were not for him. 15 years old teenager and bald old man... both white by the way. While MJ at that time was 40 years old black man...And that's kinda weird, you know. Actually, there were plenty of roles, that fitted him well. For exmaple he wanted to play Willy Wonka (and even started to created soundtrack for film to get this role), also he wanted to play crow in The Crow movie, then he wanted to play some usual guy in Star Wars movie. As for me, these role fitted him pretty well. That's a shame that from all this roles he get to chance to play only in Men In Black movie.
All in all, I just want to say, that Michael was a king. He created a lot of awesome songs like Unbreakable, Smooth Criminal, Chicago and so on. That's why in my opinion he couldn't play just some regular guy in movies. I mean he was a special person. Not ordinary of course. So, the roles, he would get, had to be appropriate for his image. I understand, why most directors wanted him playing an alien. He was just too cool to play a human being 😅
STanLeeMichaelJAckson.jpg
You forgot about him wanting to play Edgar Allen Poe which, imo, would be very weird on many levels.

Disagree. Bad, Ghosts and The Wiz includes great performances from Michael. Michael became the scarecrow, Michael became the mayor. He completely disappeared in those roles. He also showed great range in Bad.

With the right director and project I believe MJ would have done some fantastic stuff

I agree for most of the part,but I'd say that Mike was actually pretty great in ''Ghosts''.

Well I’m not too keen on a black man playing a white man and vice versa. I would never want a white person to play a black historical figure. I know his skin pigment was destroyed because of vitiligo but it still just doesn’t sit right with me.

Last edited:
Well I’m not too keen on a black man playing a white manand vice versa. I would never want a white person to play a black historical figure. I know his skin pigment was destroyed but vitiligo but it still just doesn’t sit right with me.
oh my gosh agree.

Back