Michael Jackson was obsessed to play the roles, that didn't really fitted him?

Well I’m not too keen on a black man playing a white man and vice versa. I would never want a white person to play a black historical figure. I know his skin pigment was destroyed because of vitiligo but it still just doesn’t sit right with me.
I can agree on principle. But Jesus is not a long haired white Italian so it's worth saying we didn't start this.

Meanwhile:

They have no problem trying it anyway.

I'm still trying to work out what impressed MJ enough take a cameo in Men In Black II.

I'm still trying to work out what impressed MJ enough take a cameo in Men In Black II.
The story goes that he was offered a cameo in the first one (the montage of alien celebrities) but turned it down. After the success of the movie he wanted back in so they wrote that part for him.

It was his way of initiating his career in the movie industry (not counting The Wiz, of course). Introducing himself “as the new character”, as he put it in an interview.

Men In Black was a decent cameo. I don’t understand his involvement in Miss Cast Away, however, which is a pretty atrocious film.

Reactions: xam
Andrew Lloyd Webber thought Michael could play an excellent Phantom and I completely agree. That role would have suited him perfectly.
Always always always Always always always Always always .. wished for this.
I have always had an ultimate adoration for the Phantom. I love the Phantom Of The Opera. It would have been a complete dream.

I think he was a decent actor. It’s not very challenging I suppose but he looks very natural and oozes charisma in the thriller video

But post 1985 I really think it would be impossible to cast him in anything, his looks were too unconventional, it simply distracts.
From then on I could only see him eccentric roles, for example Edward Scissorhands

I think he was a decent actor. It’s not very challenging I suppose but he looks very natural and oozes charisma in the thriller video

But post 1985 I really think it would be impossible to cast him in anything, his looks were too unconventional, it simply distracts.
From then on I could only see him eccentric roles, for example Edward Scissorhands
Mike in 1987 looked very charismatic, playing Daryl in "Bad". He was very conventional still. And he maintained a natural charm to him, even as he may have come across more "glamorized".

Back