Michael Jackson's autograph

BUMPER SNIPPET

Proud Member
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this kind of thread exists already somewhere in the maze of this awesome forum, but I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a reliable MJ collectible shopping site. More specifically I am looking for MJ's authentic autograph. I tried on e-bay and some other places, but very often the origin of the item is not well documented, not to mention the number of fake autographs that exist out there even with COA.

For example, I found on ebay this signed Victory LP by all the Jacksons, they all look genuine, but there's still a doubt in my mind. What do you think, authentic or fake?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373950052616?hash=item571128f908:g:HCwAAOSwE8xh5dgm

Thanks, and see you around ;)

Bumper

Just checked the listing on eBay. The autographs from The Jacksons are looking Real BUT why is every Signature with a different Pen? The next thing is that the COA is not very trustful and unprofessional. Too many Questions for a high price of 2500 Dollar. Skip that one. :)

Just checked the listing on eBay. The autographs from The Jacksons are looking Real BUT why is every Signature with a different Pen? The next thing is that the COA is not very trustful and unprofessional. Too many Questions for a high price of 2500 Dollar. Skip that one. :)
Different pens is not an issue in itself. If each brother had a pen in their hands to sign autographs, it's completely plausible. What is difficult though is to spot the difference between some well done forgeries and the authentic ones. As for COA, it does look a bit trivial, but even with a highly professional COA I'd still have doubts. The COA can only guarantee their opinion, but not the authenticity itself. Hence, I'm looking for a reliable MJ collectible shop with well documented autographs and not just vague photos or LPs which all of sudden appear on ebay without much explanation.

I have a certified MJ signature on a pic of previous concert he did , it was during the Dangerous Tour in 1992 i have the certificate to prove it , I can show it if need be

Also bear in mind after a hard days work we do not all write the same but the basics are easy to spot

Also bear in mind after a hard days work we do not all write the same but the basics are easy to spot
I understand, but so far all the autographs I have had are from reliable sources. Something which is very difficult to check on ebay. For example I have Jimmy Sommerville's, Tatiana Thumbtzen's, I had The Cure's (and gave to a friend who's a fan), and some other artists' too. I either met them in person or had direct contact with them. Now how do I trust a seller selling a Michael Jackson's autograph with no single evidence? How do I know it's not a fake brilliantly well made?

Hi Bumper Snippet,

So your looking for a MJJ autograph. Brave move! I've been there and I can tell you one thing, be carefull. Very carefull! At least 75% of the autographs offered out there, especially on eBay are false. The first three autographs I bought from eBay where false.

Finnaly I got my hands on two real autographs by being patient, by studying and by finding the right people that can be trusted. There are some sites which can be trusted, but they're expensive. Suposedly Bryan Ulrich got all his autpgraphs in person and he is highly respected in the Autograp collector community. https://thesignaturelibrary.com/pages/about His autograps are believed to be signed in person and therefore real, still some of the autographs he's selling look of to me. But, hey, this is not an exact science. He is a succefull autograph hunter and met MJJ several times.

Some tips:
- Start here: https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/categories/michael-jackson-autographs/listForCategory
Read the forum thorougly. Save the autographs on your PC that are being qualified as real by forum users Washer and Lizzie. Study the collection you made. Washer is the best I've ever seen. Unfortunately she isn't that active on the forums anymore. Read the Juliens Bush sale topic. There is a lot of info in there that helps you recognising fake autographs;
- COA's don't mean that much. One of the only ones that can be trusted are from Roger Epporson, but even he makes mistakes;
- Don't ever rush your purchase. Find a source for which you have the time to do your research. (For me personally, eBay is not an option). If you find a good one, ask on Live Autograph Magazin what the people over there think. Hopefully you get a reply by Washer. If you're that lucky, always follow her advise;
- Before buying, get a quick opinion by Roger Epperson. It isn't the ultimate truth, but if he says it's ok, there is a big chance it is;
- It's better to spend a bit more than to be uncertain.

Epperson right now has a signed Leave me alone 12" for sale. https://www.signedsealeddel.com/pop.php?f=/newimages/Michael-Jackson-signed-auto.jpg Unless you buy a "in person" autograph, or one with a realy trustworthy background check (pictures, video, source), this is probably your best chance.

Epperson also authenticates for RRAUCTION.COM. You can keep an eye on what they offer in the future.

Good luck!

Try auction house like Julien's, Heritage or Gottahaverocknroll. Every now and then MJs signatures pop up.

Sorry to say this, but don't trust Gottahave and Herritage. They have been selling fakes on a regular basis.
Even Julien's, believe it or not, dropped the ball

Hi Bumper Snippet,

So your looking for a MJJ autograph. Brave move! I've been there and I can tell you one thing, be carefull. Very carefull! At least 75% of the autographs offered out there, especially on eBay are false. The first three autographs I bought from eBay where false.

Finnaly I got my hands on two real autographs by being patient, by studying and by finding the right people that can be trusted. There are some sites which can be trusted, but they're expensive. Suposedly Bryan Ulrich got all his autpgraphs in person and he is highly respected in the Autograp collector community. https://thesignaturelibrary.com/pages/about His autograps are believed to be signed in person and therefore real, still some of the autographs he's selling look of to me. But, hey, this is not an exact science. He is a succefull autograph hunter and met MJJ several times.

Some tips:
- Start here: https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/categories/michael-jackson-autographs/listForCategory
Read the forum thorougly. Save the autographs on your PC that are being qualified as real by forum users Washer and Lizzie. Study the collection you made. Washer is the best I've ever seen. Unfortunately she isn't that active on the forums anymore. Read the Juliens Bush sale topic. There is a lot of info in there that helps you recognising fake autographs;
- COA's don't mean that much. One of the only ones that can be trusted are from Roger Epporson, but even he makes mistakes;
- Don't ever rush your purchase. Find a source for which you have the time to do your research. (For me personally, eBay is not an option). If you find a good one, ask on Live Autograph Magazin what the people over there think. Hopefully you get a reply by Washer. If you're that lucky, always follow her advise;
- Before buying, get a quick opinion by Roger Epperson. It isn't the ultimate truth, but if he says it's ok, there is a big chance it is;
- It's better to spend a bit more than to be uncertain.

Epperson right now has a signed Leave me alone 12" for sale. https://www.signedsealeddel.com/pop.php?f=/newimages/Michael-Jackson-signed-auto.jpg Unless you buy a "in person" autograph, or one with a realy trustworthy background check (pictures, video, source), this is probably your best chance.

Epperson also authenticates for RRAUCTION.COM. You can keep an eye on what they offer in the future.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your precious tips. I haven't bought any autograph yet even with COA because I dont' trust the graphology interpretations. As you said it's not exact science. So, I guess I will never buy a MJ autograph unless it comes from credible people who mat Mike in person.

So far I've had Tatiana Thumbtzen's autograph, but I communicated with her in person, and from the Jacksons brothers because they're selling and advertizing their items on their own website. I also have Jimmy Sommerville's autograph as I met him in person while traveling to London.

Getting Mike's autograph is gonna be a bumpy road I'm afraid.

Fun fact, yesterday night I was dreaming Mike was at my work place and I asked him to sign an autograph and take a selfie together. The problem was that although I had a bag full of sheets of paper, they were all printed on both sides. So I spent half an hour trying to find a suitable paper for Mike to sign and he was patiently waiting and laughing and joking with me. When I finally found one, I woke up.

Back