Michael Jackson's beautiful damaged/raspy/strained voice in Invincible album

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Everyday, I'm getting more and more convinced, that Michael's "damaged" vocals in songs like Whatever Happens, Threatened and We Have Had Enough (and other Invincible songs) are just piece of art.... pure masterpiece...clean perfection.... Damn, I don't understand people, that don't like this vocals or people, who call this songs bad, because of Michael's raspy voice.... Seriously, people, are you nuts? Or deaf? When I listen to this beautiful songs, I feel goosebumps... I feel like I'm going to cry, because of the power of this mighty, precious, raspy voice.... It literally rips your soul apart, even if you don't understand it's meaning. Just listen by yourself.
The part 2:10-2:37 is so beautiful....Damn. There is NO man on this planet, who could sing that part so powerfully....It's not a human voice.... That's Michael Jacksons voice! Only true King of Pop could sing so..... Sorry, but I just have no words left... That's so beautiful.... Or another example, legendary Whatever Happens
. 3:28 - pure perfection, 2:24 - real art, 3:39 - voice of heaven! Such a shame, we didn't have a chance to see it live.... And yep, you can say anything, you can call Invincible album as too cooperative album, but you can't deny one fact - THE BEST RASPY MJ VOCALS ARE FROM INVINCIBLE ALBUM. That's just the main feauture of this beautiful album and I will always love this precious album for it's precious, legendary, amazing, spectacular DAMAGED voice. From the bottom of my heart! And yes, Michael should have been using his raspy voice long time before Invincible sessions! I heard 1997 Munich leaked vocals, and although some people didn't like it, I trully belive it's awesome! Michael didn't really have to use lyp-sinch during performances! His TRUE raspy voice is perfect! And it doesn't need to be fixed or be replaced with something else! It's perfect!
24137120fa64741c3613e05d7bf6dd96.jpg

It has been claimed that in certain songs (from the 'Invincible' album) his raspy and strained voice was an artistic decision.

For example, 'Whatever Happens' thematically is a very sad, melancholic, and distressing song, so singing it in a raspy and strained voice suits better that song.

Or, 'Threatened', which thematically is a very angry and aggressive song, so singing it in a raspy and strained voice again suits better that song.

The 1997 Munich so-called leaked vocals are actually sung by some random guys/impersonators, not by Michael Jackson himself.

It has been claimed that in certain songs (from the 'Invincible' album) his raspy and strained voice was an artistic decision.

For example, 'Whatever Happens' thematically is a very sad, melancholic, and distressing song, so singing it in a raspy and strained voice suits better that song.

Or, 'Threatened', which thematically is a very angry and aggressive song, so singing it in a raspy and strained voice again suits better that song.

The 1997 Munich so-called leaked vocals are actually sung by some random guys/impersonators, not by Michael Jackson himself.
Is there any proof of this? We know Michaels voice wasnt great at the time for multiple reasons (laryngitis) which was probably one of the reasons to lip sync and focus on performance, so dont blame him, I can just feel the pain in his throat when he sang WBSS live for example.

Yep. Invincible is incredible on all levels.
I also like his voice, he really perfected the unique blend of beautiful singing and emotional screaming.
It's so seamless, you don't even notice it anymore.
Talking about Invincible always makes me think of what would come next.
And now I'm sad :[

Yep. Invincible is incredible on all levels.
I also like his voice, he really perfected the unique blend of beautiful singing and emotional screaming.
It's so seamless, you don't even notice it anymore.
Seamless emotional screaming singing ...i like this.

look i get it that his voice is so goddamn good and perfect but some people may not like that as you and i do, so in his decision to please everyone (that how i see it) he singed a lot differently in his older releases but he might as well didnt have a raspy voice all the time because at least for me it seems that in his studio tracks he uses his real voice with naturally some enhancements here and there. Another thing is that i don't think he used lip sync for this reason, my theory is that at least in certain tracks that include his godlike dancing that he was too tired after dancing so intensely to use his voice perfectly for singing so he made use of some lip sync. What do you think?

I agree those Munich vocals are really pretty. Perfect lullaby vocals to put kids to bed with.

look i get it that his voice is so goddamn good and perfect but some people may not like that as you and i do, so in his decision to please everyone (that how i see it) he singed a lot differently in his older releases but he might as well didnt have a raspy voice all the time because at least for me it seems that in his studio tracks he uses his real voice with naturally some enhancements here and there. Another thing is that i don't think he used lip sync for this reason, my theory is that at least in certain tracks that include his godlike dancing that he was too tired after dancing so intensely to use his voice perfectly for singing so he made use of some lip sync. What do you think?
Is this ChatGPT?

You seriously started a thread about this because I said in another thread that Michaelā€™s vocals on Whatever Happens arenā€™t the best šŸ¤£
Yep. I need to show haters like you, that you are wrong!

On some songs I like Michael's raspy vocals but on some like, Invincible, Heaven Can Wait and Whatever Happens, its distracting.

I hate being critical of my favourite singer, but songs like You Rock My World and Whatever Happens are two of my favourite songs but if he sung them in the early 90's or even in 1998 I'd enjoy them even more

There is a big difference between Blue Gangsta and Whatever Happens, vocally, I will say that much. I enjoy both approaches I guess, but I do enjoy Blue Gangsta more vocally, Whatever Happens more. Musically.

Break of Dawn is super smooth vocally though.

Haters. šŸ¤£
Seriously grow up mate.
Because that's true! I'm tired of your bullshit, when you people try to offend beautiful Invincible album. Every Michael's album was a unique piece of art! ESPECIALLY Invincible album. So stop complaining already and grow up, bruh

There is a big difference between Blue Gangsta and Whatever Happens, vocally, I will say that much. I enjoy both approaches I guess, but I do enjoy Blue Gangsta more vocally, Whatever Happens more. Musically.

Break of Dawn is super smooth vocally though.
Whatever Happens is a little bit better than BG. Just a little bit. WH is on the 5th place and BG is on the 7th place

Back