Michael Jackson's Impersonator? Anyone?

There is a really good impersonator here from Brazil. He's name is Rodrigo Teaser, here are some videos:
Scream-TDCAU-In The Closet

Smooth Criminal

He's pretty good!

If they call themself a tribute artist, then they don't need to ask money for it.
Because why a tribute artist, if you make a tribute for your idol, who wrote the songs, performed the songs, made the songs what they are.
It's better when they do it for free, because then it's a tribute.

many ppl concern abt the fact mj imper make money but how abt this: they do make money but they cant make revenue cause the expense 4 buying mj outfits r really expensive. so they still make a tribute 2 their idol
i myself m a banker n mj imper so i really understand the feeling of being underrated n claimed 4 making money from MJ..

That comment doesn't make sense. The birthday thing was organized by (a) fanclub(s) and Michael was did not pick the performers. Most of the impersonators have met Michael, but I doubt Michael stayed in contact with ANY of them, despite them claiming he did.

Wasn't Navi a decoy for Michael on occasions though? Would have kind of thought they would have had a bit of contact if so.

Wasn't Navi a decoy for Michael on occasions though? Would have kind of thought they would have had a bit of contact if so.
Could be, but the funny thing is I've heard 2 others say they were official decoys as well. Every single one you talk to will tell you they were hired to work with Michael on This is It as well.

Either way I assume an impersonator would get hired by Michael's people and given instructions by the. They don't need to have personal contact with Michael for that and I doubt they did.....

I don't know about Navi doing any official work for Michael, I've only seen him do unofficial stuff.
E-Casanova is the only official impersonator I have heard about - If that changed in the later days I do not know.

In the video spot for "who is it" you can spot E-Casanova in the limosine and on the plane:

ecasanovawhoisitpic1.jpg

ecasanovawhoisitpic2.jpg

ecasanovawhoisitpic3.jpg

Reportedly E-Casanova should also be in the following sequence of Remember the time (though I myself cannot tell)

ecasanovarememberthetim.jpg

have u guys ever heard abt ramady a french guy who teach moondancing online. i think he is good too

^I've seen some of his tutorials. Seems to be a very good dancer in general, not just an MJ impersonator.

I still think Kent Olaf is the best impersonator. He is the only one who nails the subtleties consistently.

I just want to say... I know Christ'OF 'personally' and he's a 'gifted' dancer and singer and a real gentleman ;)

Far as I know E'Cas is not in the Remember the Time video........

Far as I know E'Cas is not in the Remember the Time video........

I cannot see either if it should be him, but he allegedly should be in that exact dance sequence due to some injury that made Michael unable to do it. but really - noone could ever tell...

I cannot see either if it should be him, but he allegedly should be in that exact dance sequence due to some injury that made Michael unable to do it. but really - noone could ever tell...

Looking at the body, it's definitely Michael in those pictures.

I don't know about Navi doing any official work for Michael, I've only seen him do unofficial stuff.
E-Casanova is the only official impersonator I have heard about - If that changed in the later days I do not know.

In the video spot for "who is it" you can spot E-Casanova in the limosine and on the plane:

ecasanovawhoisitpic1.jpg

ecasanovawhoisitpic2.jpg

ecasanovawhoisitpic3.jpg

Reportedly E-Casanova should also be in the following sequence of Remember the time (though I myself cannot tell)

WHAT?

NO.

Don't tell me that in all those clips it's e-cassnova and not MJ. I was fawning over those scenes of a man that wasn't even THE MAN? For the past 16 years.....

Thank you for ruining this for me.

tumblr_lgjckldUOz1qetpvdo1_250.gif

THANK YOU.

foe Who is it, Ecasanova is in it, but for RTT it's definitely not
just 2 think abt it, it's not neccessary to switch to a decoy during a dance routine
furthermore, RTT dance routine is quick n complicated which required MJ the real to dance continuously
it doesnt make sense to hire a decoy for just some simple moves. agree?

I don't have a problem with impersonators in general. I understand their love for Michael's dancing and their desire to emulate him. It's more the way they go about it. I'm not really a fan of the impersonators who have surgery and who seem more concerned with looking like Michael rather than correctly learning his dance moves. I had to laugh at some fan events where impersonators were performing songs like YANA (of course inviting a girl onstage as well), songs of which Michael's performances were not even really that special (apart from the fact that it was Michael performing them). I remember one dude doing HIStory one time - Michael's performance of this is already not that special imo, but to watch a random dude and his cronies wave a couple of flags about for 10 minutes was really something else. :lol: Finally, I find it very annoying when they pretend that they are Michael off stage (this usually results in them constantly showing the peace sign and talking in the stereotypical high voice that sounds nothing like Michael).

But if their performance is really a reflection of their admiration for Michael's dancing/performance skills, I have no problem with it whatsoever. And if some of these guys can make some money by doing what they love most on top of that, that doesn't bother me that much either.

I wouldn't use the word "impersonator", I find that kinda degrading, but a tribute artist or tribute performer is much more suited. The only one I love most is E' Casanova, he stated not wanted to be called impersonator for a reason. He's 99.9% Michael look-a-like.

I wouldn't use the word "impersonator", I find that kinda degrading, but a tribute artist or tribute performer is much more suited. The only one I love most is E' Casanova, he stated not wanted to be called impersonator for a reason. He's 99.9% Michael look-a-like.

Well, if you imitate someone, you're an impersonator. I can understand why some of them don't like the word, but THAT'S what they are no matter how much they say they're not.

I don't like impersonators. Making money using someone else's repertoire, moves and style instead of coming up with your own thing is just..... disappointing.

Unfortunately, most of them abuse their position and take advantage of (female) fans who unfortunately cannot see past the MJ imitation. They act all shy and soft-spoken and these fans go coo-coo over them, saying things like "oooh you're just like MJ". Wait. 'JUST LIKE'? As if you know Michael personally? And as if you know the impersonators personally? It's an ACT, girls. See through it! I've seen female fans call impersonators 'gorgeous' while they've never even seen the impersonators without makeup. That's just weird.

No matter how much they claim to be 'spreading Michael's message', all they do is think of themselves and their bank accounts. Their prices have gone way up after Michael passed, and it's sickening. If you really want to spread Michael's message, if you really want to pay tribute, perform for free. Or even better: take off the MJ outfit and do it as yourself. Just my opinion.

Beautiful post, thank you very much for writing it. :)

I do not like the fact that they make money using mj either and since you seem to know what you are talking about, i wanted to ask you (and all the members) a question. Can someone actually only be an impersonator and earn enough money each month to survive or do they have to have other jobs as well ? How much do the most successful mj impersonators earn ? (ok i know you cannot answer the last question but i did wanna try lol)

Back