Michael Jackson’s Money Man Also Has Sony/ATV Side Gig

I see that b_marco (aka formj aka thruth78) is poisoning all MJ forums

You repeat all day the same ish over and over.
We all understood your agenda. Move on!

Regarding the emails related to branca's job, they have been posted above in links.

ForMJ, thanks for the information regarding the discrepancy. I will see if I can locate the email/documents prior to mid 2013. It is those emails that give background to the situation as it was referred to in the emails you posted links to. Without that background there is far too much confusion. Readers are confused as to what is the conflict Sony feared - like the author of this article. In this thread, it also causes very distracted discussion. Discussions about the will/trust, even pricing for TII rights, etc. has nothing to do with the topic of what Branca's consulting entailed.

Moving right along.

eventually people - or allow me to say most people- realize how moot some of these discussions are. Time to challenge a will was 120 days, it's over. Katherine were given the opportunity to challenge the executors, she dropped it. So whether the fans like it or not, whether they agree with it or not, the will is legally the valid will.

Same situation applies to majority of the discussion here. For a minute let's say there's a conflict of interest, are beneficiaries doing anything about it? No? Then you are left with the same situation, regardless of what/how fans feel about it, nothing will happen.

I appreciate the information, discussion is also good up to point. But like I said there comes a point when you ask yourself how am I spending my time, how am I wasting my effort. 6 yrs later, when that will has been legally determined to be valid, when that will cannot be challenged anymore, discussing it's validity is just a bad use of our time.These never ending rants, hundreds of posts on the same topic at best an outlet for expressing a person's frustration, but they don't result in any change. I believe fans could be productive in other regards. but that's me.

One day that evil John Branca will pay dearly. Until then....

cdeb1a4b63896d52c136f09610a96280418e130abb53c3e27175c3f55e60ecb9_zpstdu0iwcn.jpg

Mod note: thread has been cleaned and reopened. Some notes for the future.

this thread is only about Branca's advising job and the posts should be about it. This thread is not about MJ's will, it's not about TII, it's not about any Estate deals, it's not about Sony hack and so on. Such posts may be deleted. If off topic posts continue, thread might be closed for good.

edited: cleaned more posts. if this continues to happen, thread will be closed.

Last edited:
Due to deleted posts being reposted, this thread has been closed until further notice.

Edited April 27 : And the thread has reopened once again.

Last edited:
Autumn II;4087583 said:
We KNOW Branca gets paid by Sony. That is not a secret.

The conflict is why he is paid by Sony. If he receives payment for the services of his law firm, tis fine. If he receives payment for his services as a consultant (which is unnecessary for the catalog as he is on the board), tis fine. If he is paid to consult on the sale of an Estate asset, such as the catalog, that is a conflict.

ivy;4087604 said:
That means Branca made 2.2 Million - a lot more than what Sony would pay.
(per email sony would pay him $2.25M in 3 years, Branca earns that amount from Estate in a single year)

It is $2.2M that he would receive in addition to his executor’s payment provided the sale of Sony/ATV catalog continued. That is the conflict.

ivy;4087649 said:
For a minute let's say there's a conflict of interest, are beneficiaries doing anything about it? No? Then you are left with the same situation, regardless of what/how fans feel about it, nothing will happen.

If you are not referring to the will but, Branca being a consultant for the sale of the Sony/ATV catalog, that is a conflict; no question. Sony's feared the conflict the consulting role presented and that fear is discussed in the email list posted. There was nothing beneficiaries could do about that role. The role was only known to a few as the pending sale of the catalog was only known to a few. Of course there will be no sale and it is most likely there will be no consulting role for Branca.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand some comments were considered off-topic however; I would like to respond

why? this thread cleaned 1+ 3 times and was closed for 3 days for consistent attempts to continue off topic issues. So why would restarting off topic issues would be okay or acceptable?

this is what I'm going to do, I'll start a thread about sony hack/leak and move some posts there. Please keep this focused on the subject at hand.

sony hack thread here : http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/135570-Sony-emails-hack-leak

Last edited:
why? this thread cleaned 1+ 3 times and was closed for 3 days for consistent attempts to continue off topic issues. So why would restarting off topic issues would be okay or acceptable?

I did not know you would create a separate thread when I originally posted above. Thanks.

Back