Michael Jackson's Son Prince In Showdown With Dad's Doc

Ok lets be a little more clear.. "all HUMAN lives matter" that better?

Now Peta and vegetarians will be after me - Can't please everyone no matter what.. (when I say everyone I speak of humans) lol

that tweet was a beautiful tweet, and Michael would be proud that his son posted ALL lives matter. That is what his father stood for, it was not a black thing, white thing, Mexican, or Arab thing...

When you segregate (even with good intentions) you separate! it is in its definition.. That does not speak to UNITY!

There are many groups that get over looked and over shadowed because they don't have representation.. ALL lives matter

I know I'm late, but I just had to post this.

Michael was black AND the most successful entertainer to ever do it, so while he wanted world peace and unity (like I imagine we all do) he didn't turn a blind eye to the problems that other black people (including himself) faced everyday.
I'm pretty sure that Michael would've scolded/corrected Prince about that All Lives Matters tweet, and told him why it wasn't okay to say. :)

Anywho, I'm 100% behind Prince in any fight against Conrat Murderer.

Look, I comprehend why #blacklivesmatter is something people are backing... But I, along with many feel compelled to back #Alllivesmatter.. The main difference between the two is "ALL" includes me.

And anyone that is not black that needs a voice.. no 'All Lives Matter' believers are anti black lives matter for which they are included... 'Nation to Nation.....' you all can finish the rest..

I come from a background that is also discriminated against, and for those who relate in most cases wont have issue with alllivesmatter

PS. Michael being proud of being black has nothing to do with not believing in ALL LIVES MATTER, I'm not jumping on the wagon to believe that mr "we are the world", "heal the world", "nation to nation all the world must come together" would reprimand his son for saying #alllivesmatter

^ If you still don't get what's wrong with the whole "all lives matter" answer to the "black lives matter" movement then you will never get it, I am afraid. It's been explained over and over again. Black lives matter is not to say other minorities don't matter, but it is a black movement with a focus on black people's problems and "all lives matter" is an attempt to deflect from that and other people trying to make it all about themselves, instead of the initial focus of the movement. It's not to say other minorities don't have their problems, but this movement is specifically about black people and it should remain so. Because otherwise once again the whole message gets diluted, the focus is taken off the original issues - and that's exactly why "all lives matter" is so harmful and as I see it many black people actually find it offensive. This is a black movement and other people (whether other minorities or majorities) will just have to accept it and leave it at that, instead of being so celf-centered as to wanting to insert themselves into it and thus dilute the focus of the movement.

Now, I don't think Prince meant any harm and I think the backlash against him on Twitter was over the top and unnecessary. He is just a kid who probably doesn't yet understand why it was inappropriate to say that especially on that day. Hopefully he'll learn.

Last edited:
Look, I comprehend why #blacklivesmatter is something people are backing... But I, along with many feel compelled to back #Alllivesmatter.. The main difference between the two is "ALL" includes me.

And anyone that is not black that needs a voice.. no 'All Lives Matter' believers are anti black lives matter for which they are included... 'Nation to Nation.....' you all can finish the rest..

I come from a background that is also discriminated against, and for those who relate in most cases wont have issue with alllivesmatter

PS. Michael being proud of being black has nothing to do with not believing in ALL LIVES MATTER, I'm not jumping on the wagon to believe that mr "we are the world", "heal the world", "nation to nation all the world must come together" would reprimand his son for saying #alllivesmatter

I don't think you're going to get it.
Michael didn't discriminate against any race, but he was pro-black, and I'm sure he would've got Prince in order after that All Lives Matter tweet.

Look at it this way.
If someone had set up a stand asking for donations to go towards a cure for a certain disease would you hijack their stand and set up collection jar for every other disease in existence thus taking money away from the other person's collection jar?

Bottom line in the ALM tag has been created/used by those who want to undermine the BLM campaign and what is being done to black people. Of couse ALM but that phrase has been used to try to downplay the murder of black people and thats why ppl take offence when ALM is used even when its used with good intention.its not rocket science

elusive moonwalker;4162135 said:
Bottom line in the ALM tag has been created/used by those who want to undermine the BLM campaign and what is being done to black people. Of couse ALM but that phrase has been used to try to downplay the murder of black people and thats why ppl take offence when ALM is used even when its used with good intention.its not rocket science

Unfortunately, not all people are aware of it and I guess it contributes to the problem of misunderstanding.

People are fighting and attacking each other basically on an empty space.

Those who use ALM to silence BLM, shame on them!

But to attack or to hate those who are just do not know and naïve about simple fact that all lives matters… IDK.

Prince was not wrong with his opinion in general. The problem is that he didn’t try to look closer then I think he would not “replace” BLM with any other line.

I agree. At first I could not find anything questionable to Prince tweets, but it is not difficult to understand, if you do only a small research why black people see it as a attack and I think as US- citizen in principle I may be far more aware of the meaning. Also I think it is a bit strange that Prince not relented after many may him certainly tweeted via the background (and I do not mean shit-storm-tweeters) or some relatives like TJ, who certainly reads his tweets gives him a explanation.
Prince is a student and it`s not difficult to google "all lives matter" and to see how this terms are associated as a rassistic answer to the black-lives-matter -campaign.

In not in the U.S but very much aware of the conitations to the ALM tag through excellent radio shows such as democracy now!

Pink - of course everyone is PRO what they are.. but Michael did not spend his whole life breaking down color lines to put any up.. He tried SOOO hard not to break down all prejudice that people questioned his sexuality, ppl were able to claim at one point he Is not connected to the black community (before skin change).

He wanted to be loved by all and he KNEW once you label yourself you outcast yourself... at the time.. You are a 'black artist' you get played on 'black stations'.. You speak about your relationships you disappoint millions of fans..

He intentionally stayed open to receive love.. Yes his black pride still existed, but no one in my knowledge spoke about unity as much as MJ.. MJJcommUNITY

Pink - of course everyone is PRO what they are
That is not true at all.
You have MANY people that look down on and/or shun what they are whatever they may be.
One of the things that set Michael apart is that he was a HUGE black artist that did not forget who he was and always helped not only the whole world, but the black community too. :)
I agree with you that he worked really hard to break down color lines, but I don't think that being pro-black negates that because pro-black doesn't mean anti-any other race. :)

I also don't think Michael labeled himself by being pro-black.
Either way though, the problem isn't with an artist being black or any other race, but with the people that put an artist in a box based on race. :yes:

As far as the gay speculation and what not, Michael himself shut that down, but people will continue to speculate, and the people that think Michael was a self hater are dumbasses of the highest degree, so I won't even go into that. :/

I was speaking in general terms, people have more self acceptance simply because it's them, it's 'normal' to them.. Yes self hate can be taught and picked up but in general terms people accept what's 'normal' to them more so what's different.

Mike shied away from talking about sexuality until he basically get's cornered into the topic.. most of his career he did not like speaking about it.. A big part is because the moment you say a physical type you like... You are unintentionally putting down all the fans that don't fit that mold.. The same reason why for a long time he was anti public relationship and against getting married.. Once you are taken (in MJ shoes) you break millions of hearts.. You can't be a complete fantasy and be taken..

My point is, I don't think Michael would say anything bad about AllLivesMatter.... I could not even see him say anything against #Murraylifematters because of how that would make him look..

I'd say It though... sh** Id shove my foot so far up his @$$!

In the U.S., where unarmed people of color are disproportionately being killed by police, "all lives matter" is generally thought to be racist -- especially by people of color. (I've long thought that Sneddon's persecution of Michael was racist.) It's assumed that all lives matter, but at this moment "all lives" are not being shot down by police for being -- black. If your house is burning down, you don't want to be "schooled" at that moment by someone saying "all houses matter." That would weaken attention that needed to be given to the emergency you were having at that moment. "Black lives matter" is a phrase that turns attention to something that really is a national crisis. You would not go to a rally for cancer research and weaken the message at that time by saying, but "all diseases matter!"

This video explains what is wrong with the "all lives matter" response to Black Lives Matter.

Autumn - You are right about "In the U.S., where unarmed people of color are disproportionately being killed..."

But don't ignore that people of color comes in more shades than just black...

A social issue of cops racially profiling and killing people is an issue that effects a much broader scope of people where as a medical issue like cancer is an internal effect on the body. So no it would not make sense for someone to yell 'all diseases matter' at a cancer function because they are the only ones dying from cancer.. All types of people of color are dying from the police..

Last edited:
Back