Michael Jackson's This Is It (Stranger In Moscow small snippet)

Zakk

Proud Member
So I discovered this on YouTube last night, man.. What I would give to see the Unseen rehearsals in their entirety...

What a pathetically short snippet. But very cool to see that Michael did actually consider SIM for This Is It before he died. It's one of my all time favorite ballads of his.

WOW. Incredibly short, but awesome to see that it was indeed rehearsed.

I'm still vying for this and "Dangerous." I don't care what state they're in, I just NEED to see them.

What a pathetically short snippet. But very cool to see that Michael did actually consider SIM for This Is It before he died. It's one of my all time favorite ballads of his.

Apparently, Michael was going to alternate between Human Nature and Stranger In Moscow. One show, he would perform HM and the next show, he would do SIM live. I am not sure if that's true but that is what I have read.

That's what I read too. Would like too see the entire shot (I don't think this guy have it all). Thank anyway for the share. That's made my day!

Apparently, Michael was going to alternate between Human Nature and Stranger In Moscow. One show, he would perform HM and the next show, he would do SIM live. I am not sure if that's true but that is what I have read.

The songs will probably being selected in different leg, just like D.S. vs Blood on the dance floor.

Yeah I was definitely aware of this practice going on in the planning stages of the TII setlist. But I didn't think he'd actually rehearsed it for real until watching this clip.

This was so nice to see. I never noticed it before.
I was thinking....the snippet at 2:58 is from the same day and it could also be the rehearsal for Stranger In Moscow but sped up, maybe.

For years I heard that the band and backing singers rehearsed this song, but Michael never got the chance to. It's great to see that he did rehearse this, and I hope more footage leaks of it.

This is awesome. Wonder if he planned to sing it live.

I'm still vying for this and "Dangerous." I don't care what state they're in, I just NEED to see them.

Dangerous rehearsals are my most wanted thing from TII. The new mix they made for the shows sounds incredible.

Oddly the music doesn't sound live. I mean clearly the vocals aren't but I thought the band would be...

It's the band rehearsal shared by Jonathan Moffet with MJ's vocals added.

Here's the full fanmade monatge with the snippet at 0:52

Will You Be There is the rehearsal I'd love to hear the most. According to fans who were listening to the rehearsals from outside said they thought Michael was lip syncing the song until he messed up some lyrics. That's how good he sounded.

Last edited:
Will You Be There is the rehearsal I'd love to hear the most. According to fans who were listening to the rehearsals from outside said they thought Michael was lip syncing the song until he messed up some lyrics. That's how good he sounded.

I doubt that's true, all of the recordings to come out of that are just the band playing without Michael there.

They could have released this for the 10th anniversary, but of course "they don't care about us"

Ironic how we've questioned this so much but all the time it was in our face...

You can hear a couple of seconds of him singing it live in the ''Memories Of Michael'' bonus features (0:27). Again, this is very short as well but I never noticed it before. You can also hear part of the poem at 0:44. At least, we know for sure that Michael rehearsed it.

From a business standpoint it was a smart move to release the box set. By saving footage the Estate is thinking long term .... I am thinking This is it 25 perhaps. I don't think Sony have as much good footage as the fans think.

Thank you for sharing the snippet. There's some here and there, which corroborates the fact that not all the songs that were rehearsed were eventually included in the movie. I never got why though.

I dream of seeing all of the footage. So I can see the Maestro at work, and so we as a fandom can try and see what physical state he was really in.

Sucks that it'll never happen.

Back