Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

If a Thriller 35 box set came out, absolutely. Think it's just the documentary at this point however.

yep it needs a box set

Surely we'll hear something concrete about Thriller 3D/project soon?

The Toronto film festival line-up is made public August 22nd. We'll know before this date I'd imagine.

Tickets for the film festival are already on sale. If I were local I'd probably look at getting some.

That looks great. I really like that shade of red of the outift. I wonder what aspect ratio they will use? If they make it widescreen like in Moonwalker I hope they include both versions when on the future Blu-Ray release.

It's almost certainly going to be widescreen.

1. New footage (i,e. interviews) would be shot in widescreen.
2. Cinematic exhibition (which has favoured widescreen heavily by cinemas since the 50s)
3. Bad 25 was in widescreen, as well as the new BTS footage we saw.

Footage that's only available in 4:3 will be cropped to 16:9 (most likely option, going off Bad 25) or displayed with pillarboxing on the side.

Wouldn't this be nice if it included a Victory concert

ok now this would kill Bad 25 release. and every other release. it would be a dream come true. I hope they do release a Victory concert instead of a Thriller album "remaster" IF it's a box set. I hope they don't miss the chance this time.

So you all would not like a gorgeous hardcover book in the box?

ok now this would kill Bad 25 release. and every other release. it would be a dream come true. I hope they do release a Victory concert instead of a Thriller album "remaster" IF it's a box set. I hope they don't miss the chance this time.

YES! They dropped the ball on not doing anything for the Victory avviversary. Victory tour was during the "Thriller era" so a concert release would make sense. I'll say it again, MJ deserves more concert releases. If only they would do this.

I wonder if Spike Lee will be making the doc? - He always said he would like to make it - to end the trilogy.

With OTW35 we got a little chalk...

I wonder if the will add a little living baby tiger to T35... :lol: :lol:

I wonder if Spike Lee will be making the doc? - He always said he would like to make it - to end the trilogy.

Probably Landis, I reckon.

They will give you the seed of a tiger of which you will have to hatch from an egg on your own!

There might not be any big name director attached to the documentary portion. Landis has only said so far that he worked on the restoration of the video itself.

And we don't even have full confirmation of a documentary other than from the NY Daily News.

Might as well throw Captain EO 3D as a bonus in there as well, since the attraction is now gone in all Disney parks.

^ Where can I vote?? but... wait, that's more Bad era if anything.. Bad 30 maybe? lol

Might as well throw Captain EO 3D as a bonus in there as well, since the attraction is now gone in all Disney parks.

that's a great idea

^ Where can I vote?? but... wait, that's more Bad era if anything.. Bad 30 maybe? lol

maybe for Bad 35 when they find the Bad tour master tapes :lol:

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so fortunate to have experience Captain EO during it's original run and it's resurrection. 1993 and 2014. A sheer joy.

But it absolutely needs a home release now that it's retired.

I feel so fortunate to have experience Captain EO during it's original run and it's resurrection. 1993 and 2014. A sheer joy.

But it absolutely needs a home release now that it's retired.

I 100% agree. One way or another, Captain EO needs an official Blu-ray/DVD release, maybe even with both a 2D and a 3D version included :)

I emailed about this to Estate's Online Team and they didn't confirm it. They passed my feedback to the Estate but reminded that rumors about a project are just rumors unless the Estate announces it.

I'd say we're a month or so away from a press release.

I have a feeling that this thread will be relevant again later today. :)

I'd say we're a month or so away from a press release.

I'd say we are a few hours or so away from a press release.

Can we have a collectors label please!!!!!

UPDATE (11/07/2017): We can now confirm that the Estate’s announcement has been rescheduled to July 11, at 9 a.m. PST/12 p.m. EST/8 p.m. GMT.

From other fan site.

I'm pretty sure it will be about this. I wonder if they talk about the possible Blu-Ray release yet? Don't expect too much so you don't get disapponted.

Last edited:

maxresdefault.jpg

8701 Girl doesn't the Estate own the Publishing Rights at this point?!

Im not exactly sure how it all works especially now that apperately that they have dome some kind of "settlement" with paul mccartney regarding the atv catalouge

Sony/atv has nothing to do with mjs own work

I'm trying not to be ecstatic about this idea because it might not happen. However, I was reading a comment on the "Massive D25 boxset" thread. A member named MiniMJJ brought up the idea of this project being a "Thriller" + "Ghosts" release.

I was wondering, could this actually be the case? Let's not forget: It's not only the 35th anniversary of the Thriller album, but it's also the 20th anniversary of both the Ghosts film and the Blood on the Dance Floor album. Plus, according to this article, Michael was in talks of re-releasing the "Ghosts" film around Halloweentime, specifically as part of a Halloween special that he planned to do with AEG and CBS, which also would have included HD concert footage of "Thriller/Ghosts/Threatened" from the This Is It tour.

Michael has two legendary horror-themed short films: One of which he had been in talks of re-releasing. The other may or may not be receiving special treatment (3D update and/or alternate ending). They both have anniversaries this year: "Thriller" is 35, "Ghosts" is 20. Halloweentime is coming up, so perfect timing. And the Estate says (in the tweet) they believe we'll be pleasantly surprised by the announcement. I honestly can't think of anything more pleasantly surprising at this point than a "Thriller" + "Ghosts" release in celebration of both Halloween and the 35th and 20th anniversaries of both the albums & the films.

Again, I'm trying not to be so ecstatic because it might not happen, but this idea sounds very exciting and it does seem like a possibility (at least IMO it does).

A Ghosts & Thriller release would be amazing!!

I'm trying not to be ecstatic about this idea because it might not happen. However, I was reading a comment on the "Massive D25 boxset" thread. A member named MiniMJJ brought up the idea of this project being a "Thriller" + "Ghosts" release.

I was wondering, could this actually be the case? Let's not forget: It's not only the 35th anniversary of the Thriller album, but it's also the 20th anniversary of both the Ghosts film and the Blood on the Dance Floor album. Plus, according to this article, Michael was in talks of re-releasing the "Ghosts" film around Halloweentime, specifically as part of a Halloween special that he planned to do with AEG and CBS, which also would have included HD concert footage of "Thriller/Ghosts/Threatened" from the This Is It tour.

Michael has two legendary horror-themed short films: One of which he had been in talks of re-releasing. The other may or may not be receiving special treatment (3D update and/or alternate ending). They both have anniversaries this year: "Thriller" is 35, "Ghosts" is 20. Halloweentime is coming up, so perfect timing. And the Estate says (in the tweet) they believe we'll be pleasantly surprised by the announcement. I honestly can't think of anything more pleasantly surprising at this point than a "Thriller" + "Ghosts" release in celebration of both Halloween and the 35th and 20th anniversaries of both the albums & the films.

Again, I'm trying not to be so ecstatic because it might not happen, but this idea sounds very exciting and it does seem like a possibility (at least IMO it does).

Hi :) Sorry for misleading you. I was only wishing. :)

I'd say we are a few hours or so away from a press release.

I was half right. 15 days lol.

If they're planning on getting Thriller into cinemas and marketing to the wider public I can't see Ghosts being seriously considered.

Back