Michael Jordan & Michael Jackson

MAKAVELIDAKING

Proud Member
IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE WRITTEN ON HERE :). BUT THESE TWO GUYS WERE BIG INFLUENCES ON ME GROWING UP. I ALWAYS FELT JACKSON WAS TO MUSIC WHAT JORDAN WAS TO BASKET BALL AND SPORTS. THEY BOTH SEEMED TO DEFY GRAVITY AT IT'S MOST HIGH. THEY WERE JUST UNSTOPPABLE. JACKSON MY BE THE MORE POPULAR OUT OF THE TWO BUT JORDAN WAS VERY WELL KNOWN WORLD-WIDE AS WELL. AS HE ALWAYS HAD A MOB AROUND HIM WHEN HE WENT OVERSEAS ESPECIALLY IN THE 1992 OLYMPIC GAMES. SO WHAT ARE GUYS OPINION HOW THESE TWO GREAT MEN SHAPED POP CULTURE TODAY.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0307/nba_a_jordan_565.jpg

http://binsidetv.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/michael-jackson.jpeg
I havent seen anyone talk about the similarities between these two young men before so let's begin. they both have alot in common. both came from hard-working families and both tried and became the best at what they did. they both set the standard.

^^^^^ were they good firends i think they only worked on "jam" together and that was it. Either way mj & mj = classic

Being a big basketball watcher myself, I love the Jam video and the behind the scenes stuff..What you have in the video is the two best people at what they do. Greatest artist of all time and Greatest basketball player of all time.. :punk:

^^ Yes very true Jordan was the most clutch b-ball player ever. I'm glad he sponsors Dwayne Wade my other favorite player. It's amazing how similar they are

Growing up in the 90's there was 2 videos I watched each day Space Jam and Moonwalker! You hit the nail on the head when you said MJ is to music as Jordan is to basketball!

^^^ They both were so raw in talent. they set the bar to fuggin high for any one to touch. especially Jordan

Does anyone know if they worked together or talked after working on ''JAM" with one another?

I found something to share :)

During halftime of the 1992 NBA Finals game between the Chicago Bulls & Portland Trail Blazers, this behind the
scenes footage of the making of the "Jam" music video with Michael Jackson & Michael Jordan was aired on television.

To Michael
Looking forward to meeting you. Take care, Michael Jordon

tumblr_lmm6csagGI1qjsxy5o1_500.jpg

The Baketball used in the JAM video signed by both MJ's sold for #249,000.00
1011hkauction01_DV_20101011004119.jpg

Jam is quite possibly my favourite MJ short film. Quite out of the ordinary for Michael. The video like the song smashes into life with the basket-globe-ball smashing through a window to be kicked along a street as the songs just grabs you. I adore Jam, I think it's by far Michael's funkiest ever number. It's impossible to sit still to, it's fun, it's dynamic, it won't let go of you and the video represents all that. Mike's choreography once again is spellbounding. He looks great. He's funny. This is the Michael Jackson I love. The one that enthuses you, gives you a lust for life, makes you wanna sing and makes you wanna dance. It's also his most believable 'street' video and is brilliantly shot.

What basketball player reminds you the most about MJ. For me it has to be Dwyane Wade he's just so clutch

^^^ Nah I dont think so either Michael Joseph Jackson and Michael Jeffrey Jordan = MJJ1 & MJJ2

God Knew what he was doing with these two lol

Back