Michael - The Great Album Debate

It's a really bad performance, and I'm judging by Malachi standards here. I've never heard him sing off-key that much (I have not seen many of his live performances though).

:lol: TPIMaster pointed out (on MaxJax) that someone is laughing heartedly at 2.42. Also, when JM's holding that long note, that first scream at 8.29 in the background sounds more like a 'waaah-my-eardrums-just-exploded' scream than a 'he's-so-brilliant-I'mma-faint' scream. I swear I hear genuine fear in that scream. :lol:

(could be just me though:))

I don't know you but I think that we can safely say that Michael Jackson does not sing on the Cascio tracks. The believers have failed to show any kind of evidence after so many months :D

Throughout that entire performance, all I can hear is that vibrato and how it's an exact match to the Cascio vibrato :fear:

Here's the message Nathan Jay got in regards to the 'Take Me Away' song...(from his description):
"... and while we appreciate your creativity, what you have done is not only illegal but is not a tribute to Michael. To take his songs and edit them to have Michael singing something he didn't himself choose to sing is not authentic to Michael or his legacy. Just as we (and I am sure you!) wouldn't want someone to edit Michael's spoken words to create statements he didn't speak himself, the same should not be done with his songs. Because the Estate does value your support of Michael, we would suggest that you remove these videos of your own volition, as when Sony discovers them (and they are very vigilant, so it is not "if" they discover them), they will file infringement claims and have them taken down. We have seen entire channels be shut down by YouTube in these instances.

We understand that you may have had the best intentions with this project, but "putting words in Michael's mouth" is not true to his art, original intention, or legacy."

Cascio tracks aside, it was done by Teddy Riley in Hollywood Tonight...This fabrication is ALL OVER the 'Michael' album...

My, my, my....The hypocrisy....

Here's the message Nathan Jay got in regards to the 'Take Me Away' song...(from his description):
"... and while we appreciate your creativity, what you have done is not only illegal but is not a tribute to Michael. To take his songs and edit them to have Michael singing something he didn't himself choose to sing is not authentic to Michael or his legacy. Just as we (and I am sure you!) wouldn't want someone to edit Michael's spoken words to create statements he didn't speak himself, the same should not be done with his songs. Because the Estate does value your support of Michael, we would suggest that you remove these videos of your own volition, as when Sony discovers them (and they are very vigilant, so it is not "if" they discover them), they will file infringement claims and have them taken down. We have seen entire channels be shut down by YouTube in these instances.

We understand that you may have had the best intentions with this project, but "putting words in Michael's mouth" is not true to his art, original intention, or legacy."

Cascio tracks aside, it was done by Teddy Riley in Hollywood Tonight...This fabrication is ALL OVER the 'Michael' album...

My, my, my....The hypocrisy....

They were quite quick on that one, but when fans are begging for more details regarding the Cascio tracks, they're mute like a tomb. Michael was stabbed in the back, as a matter of fact. Indeed.

^^ Well, they made their statement back in November...That's it, that's all....They don't need to say anything else I guess...:smilerolleyes:

You're right, though...Either way you look at it, he was betrayed....

That 'Take Me Away' song is much more creative than any of the posthumous videos released so far by the Estate...Can they not see that?

^^ Well, they made their statement back in November...That's it, that's all....They don't need to say anything else I guess...:smilerolleyes:

You're right, though...Either way you look at it, he was betrayed....

You know what is actually extremely striking in that report?

1. The claim that the musicologists are absolutely sure that it is MJ's voice.

FALSE/TWISTED INFORMATION!

Firstly, the musicologists deal more with copyright than with voice recognition.
Secondly, no musicologist can ever be absolutely sure about voice recognition.
Thirdly, neither the Estate nor SONY Music hired any forensic audio experts who are actually specialized in voice recognition, yet they are sure it is Michael!

2. They hired the BEST musicologists.

Extremely INACCURATE information!

Firstly, if someone says "I talked to the richest man in the world", everyone would probably think of people such as Bill Gates, Marc Zuckerberg.
If someone says "I got a piece of advice from the best stock market adviser in the world", everyone would probably think of Alan Greenspan. "The best video in the world", everyone ould think of "Thriller", etc, etc. The point is, from the moment you say "the best", usually they are famous and well known by the large public. In this case, not only we do not know who those so called best musicologists are, but we even don't know if they work as self-employed, or within a privately-owned company, or anything close. For someone who is named "best", it is quite sad to see that nobody actually know them. And if we don't know them, how can we know that they are the best? What are their résumé, credentials?

Secondly, what is striking, is the need to say that they hired the best! Only by saying so, they are actually trying to say, no matter if we hire our own musicologists, they have the opinions from the best and all other opinions would come from less than the best, thus worse musicologists. In other words, no matter what any other musicologist would say, they in their report are already saying that anyone else's effort to analyse the Cascio tracks would be useless.

Thirdly, to protect their butts a bit more, just in case we'd hire the "second best" musicologists (even if we don't know who actually the best are, and even less who the second best are), they already felt the need to state in their report that they already hired them too and that they corroborated what the best already said. In other words, if ever we hire musicologists, they'd --according to them-- be at best "the third best" musicologists, in other words poor guys who know nothing compared to their "best" and "second best" musicologists.

All in all, those musicologists:
-ARE NOT experts in VOICE RECOGNITION
-CANNOT claim to be absolutely sure
-are COMPLETELY unknown to the general (or even professional expert) public

As a conclusion, all I can say for the moment:

There is no such thing as THE BEST or SECOND BEST musicologists! How and by whom would they be assessed to determine that they are the best? By the "BEST of the BEST" musicologist committee? Ridiculous.

Let's do a little test. It would be the same as if I asked you to name me who's the best translator in the world?
You got it! Impossible to determine. The same goes for musicologists. There is no such thing.

Last edited:
If only we had time travel.....

Heres a short story agian:

Billyjeanplxiv travels back to the past in June 2009 to see Michael Jackson. He rings MJ's doorbell.
"Hey Mike, its a fan. I wanna sing you a song." I say
Michael Replies...."sure?"
Billy sings "Monster, he's a monster, he a animal.....everybody wantin a peice of Michael Jackson, reporters stalkin' the moves of Michael Jackson....Heared he grew up in queens, took a bullet to brain..."
"WTF WAS THAT SHIZ!" Michael replies.
"oh, well after you died your estate and sony released "Casico Tracks", and they claim you sing them" I said....to which Michael replies...
"I gotta fire some people, and edit my will brb."

Saying 'the best' is just adding extra fluff for no reason..Why say it if you're not gonna mention 'who'?

Saying 'the best' is just adding extra fluff for no reason..Why say it if you're not gonna mention 'who'?

The thing is, in their report the words such as "the best" and "the second best" means nothing at all. Who's going to check if they are the best and how? And as I said, the only reason they used those wordings was to discredit any attempt to analyse those songs by someone else! How many times people were calling our comparisons amateurish, yet when some among those very people make MJ remixes, sometimes they are even better than the official ones.

If we can do wonders with amateurish material, imagine what could have been done with proper tools.

Discrediting some fans and calling us amateurish doesn't mean we're stupid. We simply don't have the adequate tools to prove our point.

The same goes with people in the antiquity. They weren't more stupid than now. They simply didn't have the necessary tools.

The thing is, in their report the words such as "the best" and "the second best" means nothing at all. Who's going to check if they are the best and how? And as I said, the only reason they used those wordings was to discredit any attempt to analyse those songs by someone else! How many times people were calling our comparisons amateurish, yet when some among those very people make MJ remixes, sometimes they are even better than the official ones.

If we can do wonders with amateurish material, imagine what could have been done with proper tools.

Discrediting some fans and calling us amateurish doesn't mean we're stupid. We simply don't have the adequate tools to prove our point.

The same goes with people in the antiquity. They weren't more stupid than now. They simply didn't have the necessary tools.

Well, what I find interesting too is that forensic analysis is not 100% (yet the statement claims that it was determined that the lead vocals are indeed Michael Jackson - this is obviously inaccurate and we don't need a claim of forensic analysis to hear that; we have ears) and neither are the comparison videos or any type of analysis we, as fans, carry out ourselves...So, why do people give more credit to this statement and completely shoot down the comparison videos? Nobody has even seen the supposed report of the forensic analysis! Nobody knows any details other than they used 'the best' musicologists.....

^^ I'd also like to point out that the title "forensic" although gives some official credit, actually doesn't mean that much. Almost anyone willing to work with justice can become a "forensic" expert. But it doesn't mean that a "forensic" expert is more competent than a "non-forensic" expert. People tend to forget that or maybe just ignore it.

I remember reading that statement for the first time and it never eased my mind about the songs...I don't know how others' minds were put at ease...there were so many that flat out believed it was 100% Michael after reading that...Even though they didn't hear Michael before that statement...

You know, the first time i even thought of a doubt, was when the 50 second snippet of Breaking News appeared. the "awooooo" Michael makes in the song sounded off. At that moment i thought, it didnt sound right. As for the forensic evidence, they claim to have looked into...i dont believe it until i see it with my own eyes.

That or they ran tests and everyone they used said it wasnt Michaels voice...could that be a reason why the results werent released?

Well, I found it interesting that the 'aoooowwww' was the only vocal we heard (which happened to be genuine) in that teaser...It put a lot of false faith in fans....How disgusting..

If only we had time travel.....

Heres a short story agian:

Billyjeanplxiv travels back to the past in June 2009 to see Michael Jackson. He rings MJ's doorbell.
"Hey Mike, its a fan. I wanna sing you a song." I say
Michael Replies...."sure?"
Billy sings "Monster, he's a monster, he a animal.....everybody wantin a peice of Michael Jackson, reporters stalkin' the moves of Michael Jackson....Heared he grew up in queens, took a bullet to brain..."
"WTF WAS THAT SHIZ!" Michael replies.
"oh, well after you died your estate and sony released "Casico Tracks", and they claim you sing them" I said....to which Michael replies...
"I gotta fire some people, and edit my will brb."

If we could time travel i'd be telling MJ to stay away from Murray

and then of course i'd tell him about the cacio tracks

Back