Michael - The Great Album Debate

The last part of MJ Databank's interview with Frank Cascio will be worth watching for people interested in this issue when it is uploaded. Best question comes from a fan at the book signing: "Why were you involved in this betrayal against Michael?"

I just watched the last part and the preview for the next that you mentioned, Stella.

The faces of the fans looking at Frank. Priceless. Those people are upset.

Why did Michael change his pronounciation for the Cascio tracks and then return to normal immediately after? Anyone? Anyone....

Michael heard Let Me Let Go, he said "That's eerie. He sounds even better than me... on my next 12 songs, I want to try sounding more like him. Sounding like me just isn't fun anymore." Thus, the Cascio songs were born. After he finished recording them, Michael said, "Now I've been there, done that, I want to go back to my roots and sing how I always have. It will be fun again."

I didn't replace the songs, but I added songs to make it 21 tracks. The only Cascio song I still enjoy is Stay, for some reason it feels the most Michael to me, I don't know why. The problem is, while I enjoy that song I can't help but think about the deceit and everything that goes along with the Cascio songs, so it's a rare rare occasion that I'll actually listen to it.

After Much Too Soon, my Michael album goes into Blue Gangsta, Slave To The Rhythm, All I Need, Escape, 12 O'Clock, This Is It, P.Y.T. Demo, Fall Again, Lovely One, Cheater and finally Stay.

Stay probably feels the most Michael cos it has the "hoooo" from Butterflies subtly pasted in.

I'm listening through Butterflies now! What point in the song is it exactly? I'm hoping I notice it.

I assume you're referring to the "ho-oh-oh" that's copy and pasted twice around 1:19 and 1:36(Of Stay)?

That's odd, in my version at that part is the end of "Never let you go...(Do you really wanna stay)" then he makes the "dyoodoo" sound.

That's probably my favorite Cascio moment, too, by the way.

1889.jpg

Since no one has replied in about a day, I'm gonna post again.

I went back to Stay again and listened to that part, seeing if I hear "yoooooou" instead of "dyoodoo".

It definitely sounds like there's a 'd' sound in there. Like he's saying, 'D'yoooooou?', as in 'Do you really wanna stay?'

I really can't hear it without the 'd' sound being made at the beginning.
"Do you really wanna stay? D'yoooou? Do you really wanna go? (synth goes bow-wow)"

really? I thought it was a crappy attempt at crying! That's my least favourite part of the song, and also "no go away"... Finally an Cascio song with proper ENGRISH!

"do you wanna wanna go... hoooh" - I'm confused about this one. It sounds like an instrument but I listened to it again and it sounds like it might be a voice (I am not ruling out as sampled from a real MJ song either even though it appears to have been processed with an effect).

I'm not sure which part you guys are saying is sampled from Butterflies?

Last edited:
I think it's an instrument! And also I think it's "Don't go away, stay by my side, stay by my side!" Not "No go away".

Since no one has replied in about a day, I'm gonna post again.

I went back to Stay again and listened to that part, seeing if I hear "yoooooou" instead of "dyoodoo".

It definitely sounds like there's a 'd' sound in there. Like he's saying, 'D'yoooooou?', as in 'Do you really wanna stay?'

I really can't hear it without the 'd' sound being made at the beginning.
"Do you really wanna stay? D'yoooou? Do you really wanna go? (synth goes bow-wow)"
I hear "youuu" (just like in Butterflies) and "hoo-ooh" on the second.

Try listening again with headphones that are good.

http://soundcloud.com/pentum/you OK?

Last edited:
I remember Frank saying that this is a very crappy part of the song lol.

Sounds like it to me, too!

And Frank said it was a crappy part of the song? That's really bizarre. :/

It's really interesting that it's actually Michael singing that "yooou" vocal, because when I think of that song and sing a bit of it, it's always that little bit. It stands out the most to me in that song, however I really like a lot of Michael's slower songs like Butterflies and You Are My Life.

He never said that.

lol see near the top of the page :p

well I think it's only good in MJ's real song... When pasted in I think it sounds like cheap crying, "yewww"

Also the first time I heard Stay snippet I thought it was a ripoff of Katy Perry Hot n Cold!

I listened to the mix again, that "synth"-like sound described by Aniram is mixed in the center channel. Although Cascio tracks have some messed up mixing (either it's impossible to remove main vocals like in BN and KYHU or it still has a "wet" part like Monster and Stay), I think it it is indeed a vocal that has been tuned with an effect. It sounds like "hoo-ooh"

Last edited:
lol see near the top of the page :p

well I think it's only good in MJ's real song... When pasted in I think it sounds like cheap crying, "yewww"

Also the first time I heard Stay snippet I thought it was a ripoff of Katy Perry Hot n Cold!

Oh I thought he meant Frank Cascio lol.

Definitely sounds like it could be a voice! ¬_¬ but... Also like it could still subtly be an instrument. It's hard for me to tell. But indeed, isolated it sounds a lot more like a voice.

Interesting! I really find the analysis of the Cascio sounds to be fascinating.

another question, are all the "why" adlibs at the end of Monster MJ?

like I know the first one WHY can't you go stalkin ME is from Invincible.

but what about right after WHAT 'you doit WHAT 'you fake it... WHY you haun-in me? WHY you stalkin me?

I know the "you" is probably also from Invincible.

but when Jason does a voice like that it's pretty hard to tell if it's him or if it's MJ. Black Widow is a perfect example.

another question, are all the "why" adlibs at the end of Monster MJ?

like I know the first one WHY can't you go stalkin ME is from Invincible.

but what about right after WHAT 'you doit WHAT 'you fake it... WHY you haun-in me? WHY you stalkin me?

I know the "you" is probably also from Invincible.

but when Jason does a voice like that it's pretty hard to tell if it's him or if it's MJ. Black Widow is a perfect example.

The "why's", ""you's" and "me's" are all sampled from Invincible. Black Widow is hardly perfect. There are four adlibs pasted on before the main vocals even start and the slow part in the middle is cringeworthy, awful and one of Jason's worst impersonations.

Last edited:
You have heard the full Black Widow, either of you guys?

I just want to hear I Am/Was The Loser. Give me that song!!!! :D :p

nope I have not heard the full Black Widow. There's a slow part??? What is this a ripoff of Morphine?

the second and third "why" sounds less like MJ than the others, perhaps it's been cut off, the

"why you do it?
why you fake it?
yeaaah!"

23832391.jpg

23832877.jpg

hmm a lot of people were emotional over hearing KYHU, well this was sorta how I felt:

23833512.jpg

23833470.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Black Widow has a slow part and yes it is a rip off of Morphine. Every Cascio track is copied directly from a real MJ song in order to make them appear authentic.

Back