Michael - The Great Album Debate

I agree, it is actually my 4th most listened to Michael Jackson song.

My top 10:
1. Best Of Joy
2. One More Chance
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. Take Me Away
5. Hold My Hand
6. Jam
7. Smooth Criminal
8. Can't Let Her Get Away
9. Human Nature
10. Who Is It

:)

Maybe it's because it's his actual vocals all through the song, but I really really feel Michael's energy throughout it when I listen, like he was overseeing it's creation in spirit. That song is like Michael reaching over and giving us one more.

I know it's kind of off-topic, but I just really love that song. "To where the sun is always shining, and the sky is always blue. I want to live somewhere that's beautiful, and I wanna be there with you."

I love the lightness of the delivery there, it sort of floats and it's just yummy, Michael's voice is like a drug that makes me feel really good and happy, even if it's in a copy-and-paste.

.....and sounds so robotic...yet, still beautifully and undoubtedly Michael....interesting, isn't it? lol

Yeah, I find the robotic sound to be sort of fun to sing along to, it makes some of the phrasing interesting. But it's so Michael, it's beautiful.

Yeah, I find the robotic sound to be sort of fun to sing along to, it makes some of the phrasing interesting. But it's so Michael, it's beautiful.

Only Michael Jackson can sound beautiful in a robotic way :D

I hadn't heard the Caserhead Remix of Take Me Away before today, definitely look it up on Youtube if you haven't. It's wonderful. I still prefer the original, but I love the part added at the end, the "I'm still living on the dancefloor" bit.

Anyone wanna make a list of all the copy/paste words and where they come from in Take Me Away? Come on, it'll be fun :bugeyed

You guys are forgetting that RWY a cappella is available everywhere. Same with TDCAU.

The "hoo!" in Monster, I used to believe was from On The Line too, but after TPImaster showed me how it's not, I changed my minD.

The "Ha!" is not from Get It, it doesn't match (tested by TPIM).
This is what I was going to say. There are a lot of acapellas that are out there available to anyone. RWY, TDCAU, WYWTOM and Earth Song are all available I believe.

I'm not sure what to think of the Hooh in Monster but it sounds SIMILAR to On the Line but a little bit off. It could be processed a little. I think I heard TPI's comparison of how they're not the same but still I think they might be. Otherwise I'm not sure where it comes from. I'm not gonna rule it out as Jason either.

The "yeaaah!" sounds a lot like Threatened but it could also have been processed.

However, if you listen to MJ's own songs there's some things we can consider as cut and paste.

There was another forum where in 2008 they raged over One More Chance having R Kelly parts in the lead vocal!

They say "tell her this" being MJ and "for meee!" being R. kelly. But I always thought it was MJ... I also compared Ford Remix singer with original version and found the Ford singer (which I believe is R Kelly) is slightly more powerful.

But in a song like Cry, I hear another singer in the bridge:
and when the flag blows (holdin out control)
there'll be no more wars (oooh whyy)

That Holdin' out control or something (I can never make out what they're saying) sounds to me like R Kelly or another background singer but definitely not MJ. "oooh whyy" is MJ though.

If you listen to YANA or Speechless there's some cuts to make MJ sound like he skips the notes. I do not know if he intended on making the note sound like this naturally or if it was post-edited.

Last edited:
"I don't wanna live, I don't wanna live in the rain no more,
I just wanna go, I just wanna go where it's always warm
Come on and take me away..."

I'm not sure what to think of the Hooh in Monster but it sounds SIMILAR to On the Line but a little bit off. It could be processed a little. I think I heard TPI's comparison of how they're not the same but still I think they might be. Otherwise I'm not sure where it comes from. I'm not gonna rule it out as Jason either.

The "yeaaah!" sounds a lot like Threatened but it could also have been processed.

However, if you listen to MJ's own songs there's some things we can consider as cut and paste.

There was another forum where in 2008 they raged over One More Chance having R Kelly parts in the lead vocal!

They say "tell her this" being MJ and "for meee!" being R. kelly. But I always thought it was MJ... I also compared Ford Remix singer with original version and found the Ford singer (which I believe is R Kelly) is slightly more powerful.

That Holdin' out control or something (I can never make out what they're saying) sounds to me like R Kelly or another background singer but definitely not MJ. "oooh whyy" is MJ though.

If you listen to YANA or Speechless there's some cuts to make MJ sound like he skips the notes. I do not know if he intended on making the note sound like this naturally or if it was post-edited.
Pretty sure this was last summer and that was me on MaxJax. I found out that R. Kelly is the one singing the "mee!" in the first two chorus. Which it is. He is also featured towards the end but that was already known.

The lyric in Cry is actually "and when the flag blows (shoulder to shoulder)". And it is absolutely Michael. But yeah the Ford version of One More Chance uses the original R Kelley vocals from the demo.

The lyric in Cry is actually "and when the flag blows (shoulder to shoulder)". And it is absolutely Michael. But yeah the Ford version of One More Chance uses the original R Kelley vocals from the demo.
I never thought about this not being MJ, but I always thought it sonded very odd. Just did't bother, but now after checking it out, it doesn't seems to MJ, but R. Kelly (again, just like in One More Chance)

Listen to this: http://soundcloud.com/pentum/shoulder

Anyone have any Cascio Snippets in HQ? Jw all I have is crappy quality leaks from 2011/12

Anways...Cry isnt a favorite song of mine, nor is One More Chance. The ford remix is messed up.
Back to Take me Away (a heavy processed song that still songs MJ'ish)

Nothing much has happened lately...im not sure what else to say. Any word of the unrcorded BoJ lyric, and where it goes in the song?

I never thought about this not being MJ, but I always thought it sonded very odd. Just did't bother, but now after checking it out, it doesn't seems to MJ, but R. Kelly (again, just like in One More Chance)

Listen to this: http://soundcloud.com/pentum/shoulder
I have also noticed that part and always assumed it was not MJ. I do not know R. Kelly's voice very well but it does sound like him (which would make sense of course).

Did you filter that acapella out yourself btw? Sounds pretty clean!

Yeah, I remember when you made that OMC discovery. That was a great find. I don't think anyone suspected it.

And I agree that Take Me Away still sounds like MJ. Still amazed by that effort.

I have also noticed that part and always assumed it was not MJ. I do not know R. Kelly's voice very well but it does sound like him (which would make sense of course).

Did you filter that acapella out yourself btw? Sounds pretty clean!

Yeah, I remember when you made that OMC discovery. That was a great find. I don't think anyone suspected it.

And I agree that Take Me Away still sounds like MJ. Still amazed by that effort.
Yeah, the more I listen to it, it sounds like R. Kelly. I kind of know his voice too. It also makes sense since he is the writer.

And yes, I filtered i using Adobe Audition 3.0.

I remember the OMC discovery, almost no one cared about it. I think it's a pretty cool/weird discovery!

I must be mistaken very badly if that isn't R. Kelly on 'Cry'.

About 'Take me away'...I see that as art. It will never give me the feeling that I'm listening to a 'real' song.

But I do love it, because of the dedication and perfection it was made with. Also nice melody. Must have cost Nathan Jay (was it?, not sure..) a lot of hours work.

on an MJ invisionfree forum in 2008 some fans already raged about OMC having R Kelly vocals, not MaxJax

I suspected it was R. Kelly singing the "mee!" part from the first time I heard it.

Towards the end or the "mee" i the first two chorus?

The vocals towards the end has always been known.

the first two choruses I think.

The forum was MJ Dot Refugees and the thread was "Anyone else feel short-changed by One More Chance?"

WildStyle posted there too.

I always thought it was typical MJ.

The one before the third chorus definitely sounds like MJ.

Does anyone else break out into dance all time when listening to music? And it's often MJ moves I start bustin'... The music just infects me and I start snappin my fingers. I almost always start dancing like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zALcfb4Fb1E&feature=related#t=5m49s
I love that move! lol

Sorry off-topic but I was listening to a totally non-MJ song and doing that dance and wondered if other MJ fans are the same way. I always am doing MJ poses and snapping my fingers and beatboxing since I listen to Michael extensively, like it's just incorporated into my lifestyle. XD

Yeah, it's mostly alone in my room... I don't dance as much in front of my girlfriend and stuff. I mean, I do... but not as extravagantly I guess. I need to just let loose and bust a move everywhere! On the job, the toilet, the drive to work. Always dancing.

I think growing up with a mom who taught dance and got me to be in her dance shows as a kid, I definitely see a connection between that and my love for Michael Jackson and a lot of poppy music in general.

Now we have new Jackson 5 co-sign a letter which publicly accused the co-executors of faking Michael’s will and abusing Katherine,and try to pressure two Johns into resigning immediately.However, even if the 2002 will were to be ruled invalid,the prior will still wouldn’t leave them a dime.Why don’t they co-sign a letter which accuses the co-executors of serious wrongdoing by approval of including so-called fake tracks on Michlael album?I think the latter is much easier for new Jackson 5 to kick the co-executors out as long as they make the judge believe them,isn’t it?
@AlwaysThere
Please ask your friend the following questions:
WHO bought the copyright of Cascio tracks?
WHO was/were the producer(s) of the pre-mix version of Cascio tracks?
Did your friend SEE the forensic voice analysis of the Cascio tracks?
WHO allowed Taryll Jackson and Cory Rooney entry to the studio and the listening session?And what did they do there?
WHO in the estate loved the Cascio tracks and tried to include them on the Michael album?
WHO in the estate hated the Cascio tracks and tried to exclude them from the Michael album?
What was Sony’s role on this album?

Back