Michael - The Great Album Debate

is this thread fun yet? lol. i see more people are starting to join in on the joking around..and maybe...getting how rediculous this all is. by the way..maybe we should have a pop idol for songwriters, and we can ask Eddie Cascio to audition. maybe he will make it on, and we can appoint three judges, and a host, and some phone numbers to call or we can vote online. just how good a songwriter is he? just a thought. by the way..i see a couple of people are constantly comparing a Cascio to Michael, in terms of suffering and such. My teeth are grinding every time there is this comparison. It's really trying my patience.

But the silver lining in all this is, if there are people who so desperately want another person to sound like Michael, it's just another great tribute to the King...Michael Jackson. Quite the unprecedented compliment. You know what they say about imitation and flattery. 2000 pages and counting of some impressive flattery. Mike..i hope you're watching this. I've never seen anything like it. Your music must still be selling quite well.

is this thread fun yet? lol. i see more people are starting to join in on the joking around..and maybe...getting how rediculous this all is. by the way..maybe we should have a pop idol for songwriters, and we can ask Eddie Cascio to audition. maybe he will make it on, and we can appoint three judges, and a host, and some phone numbers to call or we can vote online. just how good a songwriter is he? just a thought. by the way..i see a couple of people are constantly comparing a Cascio to Michael, in terms of suffering and such. My teeth are grinding every time there is this comparison. It's really trying my patience.

But the silver lining in all this is, if there are people who so desperately want another person to sound like Michael, it's just another great tribute to the King...Michael Jackson. Quite the unprecedented compliment. You know what they say about imitation and flattery. 2000 pages and counting of some impressive flattery. Mike..i hope you're watching this. I've never seen anything like it. Your music must still be selling quite well.

When you read elephantela's and kreen's posts they're quite funny. I guess they aren't serious.

When you read elephantela's and kreen's posts they're quite funny. I guess they aren't serious.

With the Class Action Lawsuit I'm very serious. I think it's the best way to solve the problem before the next 2000 pages of going in circle.

Class action - a form of lawsuit where a large group of people collectively bring a claim to court.

One question for the believers: If the songs are real, why did they use samples (breaths, screams, "Why" ad-lib in Monster...) from MJ's previous recordings?

I was just listening Monster again and one of the most obvious evidence (other than whole Keep Your Head Up song) that those songs are fake is those Monster ad-libs. They sound so weak and the difference between the singer and pasted "Why" in "Why you stalkin' me" line is so obvious. Just listen the word "why" and then the word "stalkin'". 2 different singers.

Is it just me, or are the "woos!" during Keep Your Head Up just pitched-up versions of the same ones from Earth Song?

One question for the believers: If the songs are real, why did they use samples (breaths, screams, "Why" ad-lib in Monster...) from MJ's previous recordings?

I was just listening Monster again and one of the most obvious evidence (other than whole Keep Your Head Up song) that those songs are fake is those Monster ad-libs. They sound so weak and the difference between the singer and pasted "Why" in "Why you stalkin' me" line is so obvious. Just listen the word "why" and then the word "stalkin'". 2 different singers.

God, it fascinating. Where you get all your time for listening so carefully. I hope you don't do this analizys for free. You probably are able to make a better forensic expertise than was done already.
Comon, don't waste one more minute. Write a book, get the right promotion and make some money. When I was getting my first special on national TV about MJ (in my original country being still college student) I was able to get an adds in the most popular newspapers. For free! Be smart
and use your fandom in the right way. And of course donate some money which you would make on MJ's name to his favorite charities. I remember I did.

God, it fascinating. Where you get all your time for listening so carefully. I hope you don't do this analysis for free. You probably are able to make a better forensic expertise than was done already.
Please, don't waste one more minute. Write a book, get the right promotion and make some money. When I was getting my first special on national TV about MJ (in my original country being still college student) I was able to get an adds in the most popular newspapers. For free! Be smart
and use your fandom in the right way. And of course donate some money which you would make on MJ's name to his favorite charities. I remember I did.

Last edited:
I totally agree with Onir and Alwaysthere. I really don't understand why this thread needed more than 20,000 replies to debate about those songs which are clearly fake. I don't conceive believers can't recognize the voice of their King! :doh: Did Joe Vogel gave his opinion on those tracks? I haven't been able to read his first book about Michael...

I totally agree with Onir and Alwaysthere. I really don't understand why this thread needed more than 20,000 replies to debate about those songs which are clearly fake. I don't conceive believers can't recognize the voice of their King! :doh: Did Joe Vogel gave his opinion on those tracks? I haven't been able to read his first book about Michael...

Not a concrete opinion: he said on Twitter that his opinion since his review has changed and agreed that the Estate need to be more transparent on the issue.

God, it fascinating. Where you get all your time for listening so carefully. I hope you don't do this analizys for free. You probably are able to make a better forensic expertise than was done already.
Comon, don't waste one more minute. Write a book, get the right promotion and make some money. When I was getting my first special on national TV about MJ (in my original country being still college student) I was able to get an adds in the most popular newspapers. For free! Be smart

Hahaha, you can't answer the question. So you started be sarcastic and insulting. Please answer the question.

Not a concrete opinion: he said on Twitter that his opinion since his review has changed and agreed that the Estate need to be more transparent on the issue.

He also said that the vocals do sound odd and different than any other Michael Jackson song.

The 3 Cascio songs have by far the shortest blurbs of any of the 'Michael' songs or any of the songs released on Michael's previous studio albums in Vogel's book. This stands out immediately and separates it from all of the other songs mentioned in the book other than the "rarity" material at the end of each chapter. He also never actually makes any mention of Michael being the singer on the tracks, nor does he praise the vocals in any way. In fact the only time he mentions vocals period is in his rundown of Breaking News where he talks a bit about the controversy. He also calls the vocals "strange". He is careful not to give an opinion either way, but as I said earlier, you get a pretty distinct feeling that he is at least highly suspicious by reading his book.

The 3 Cascio songs have by far the shortest blurbs of any of the 'Michael' songs or any of the songs released on Michael's previous studio albums in Vogel's book. This stands out immediately and separates it from all of the other songs mentioned in the book other than the "rarity" material at the end of each chapter. He also never actually makes any mention of Michael being the singer on the tracks, nor does he praise the vocals in any way. In fact the only time he mentions vocals period is in his rundown of Breaking News where he talks a bit about the controversy. He also calls the vocals "strange". He is careful not to give an opinion either way, but as I said earlier, you get a pretty distinct feeling that he is at least highly suspicious by reading his book.

It's my understanding that the paperback version will remove any reference whatsoever to those three songs. But don't quote me on that.

elapentela;3720447 said:
No thanks, too many people already did.

I once ordered a book about Michael written by Dieter Wiesner. It still has to be read.

I wish people left Michael alone. Honestly.

So tired of people who write books about him and try to analyze him and put him in a box (don't care if it's a golden box or a paper box). I've never read Joe Vogel's book. What's important to me is what I think of Michael and his music, and not what another person thinks. I've never cared about what other people think about Michael and I never will.

When you inform yourself with everything you can find about him, you don't need books. Or maybe I should say, I don't need books. I know enough.

Form your own opinion, that's my advise. (just like the songs..;) )

But the most important to me really is this:

“When you want to be close to me, listen to the music. The love is stored there and will not die.”

I don't need much more to know Michael.

Last edited:
Chamife;3720783 said:

I once ordered a book about Michael written by Dieter Wiesner. It still has to be read.

So tired of people who write books about him and try to analyze him and put him in a box (don't care if it's a golden box or a paper box). I've never read Joe Vogel's book. What's important to me is what I think of Michael and his music, and not what another person thinks. I've never cared about what other people think about Michael and I never will.

When you inform yourself with everything you can find about him, you don't need books. Or maybe I should say, I don't need books. I know enough.

“When you want to be close to me, listen to the music. The love is stored there and will not die.”

I know what you mean about books....I'm not very interested...But Joe Vogel's book is pretty great...Not a lot of info that is not already known, but it's still nice to have a compilation on just his music and not his private life...

I know what you mean about books....I'm not very interested...But Joe Vogel's book is pretty great...Not a lot of info that is not already known, but it's still nice to have a compilation on just his music and not his private life...
I don't know Arklove, I always have many reservations....how does he get his info and is it correct? I don't want to be influenced by other people's opinions. It's hard to explain.

Michael was a genius this and that. Maybe they make too much out of it, too much fuss...Maybe he was, I don't know.

Last edited:
I don't know Arklove, I always have many reservations....how does he get his info and is it correct? I don't want to be influenced by other people's opinions. It's hard to explain.

Michael was a genius this and that. Maybe they make too much out of it, too much fuss...Maybe he was, I don't know...

Well, I was a BIT disappointed with the book because I thought I'd read so much information that I had never heard before...Actually, Joe quotes Michael himself from his Moonwalk book as well as producers who have worked with him extensively of course....As I said, it's a lot of information about his music we've already read several times over the years...It wasn't really much of Joe's opinion, he pulled a lot of quotes, stories and anecdotes from producers and Michael himself....

I actually found the information on Gearslutz forum much more intriguing than the info in Joe's book...

But like I said, it's refreshing to have a book on just his music as opposed to Frank Cascio's book on his private life...I know which one I'd read and which one I'd skip :D

This really was a great opportunity for Eddie to talk about the music he supposedly made with Michael and his experiences with him in the studio....Don't know why him and Porte refused to talk to Joe...:fear:

Last edited:
Hahaha, you can't answer the question. So you started be sarcastic and insulting. Please answer the question.

Please, let me know what was insulting for you in my post. And why you think I'm being sarcastic. And my answer is I don't hear what you hear. It's not that I'm stubborn and I don't won't to. As I remember I did already mention on this board that in my opinion most of MJ's fans now are mature, hard working people for whom their families are more important than Michael Jackson. And for examle if their young dauthers are Justin Bieber fans, they have to accept it. They are able to buy anything by MJ because they can afford it but they can't afford to listen to his music the way you listen to.
I have no problem with Justin Bieber but I can listen to MJ only when I'm alone in the car, through the speakers at work or when I'm cooking alone in the kitchen. When I'm with my family I'm trying to have conversation with them. The same is with the company.
I already did outgrow the time when I could afford to focus my time and energy for your way listening to MJ's music. For me as well as the most adult fans it"s waste of time but I don't mind when you do it. I just only suggested that if you are so dedicated why not to became a professional expert in this area so it would be easier for you to change people opinion. I remember that my main reason to become a journalist (it's my profession in my original country) was to be able to change people's opinions. But now I don"t won't you to change your opinion regarding "Cascio tracks", I just suggested you to do something about it (if it's making you so unhappy) instead going in circle on this board.

Chamife;3720783 said:

yep. that's the approach that is looked on with a look down your nose attitude, than any other, yet that's the right one. Michael said to 'feel it'. So, the moment a person says 'critique it', they're already off course, and have gone on another course, opposite Michael, whether they want to admit it or not. Humility is a virtue.

Please, let me know what was insulting for you in my post. And why you think I'm being sarcastic. And my answer is I don't hear what you hear. It's not that I'm stubborn and I don't won't to. As I remember I did already mention on this board that in my opinion most of MJ's fans now are mature, hard working people for whom their families are more important than Michael Jackson. And for examle if their young dauthers are Justin Bieber fans, they have to accept it. They are able to buy anything by MJ because they can afford it but they can't afford to listen to his music the way you listen to.
I have no problem with Justin Bieber but I can listen to MJ only when I'm alone in the car, through the speakers at work or when I'm cooking alone in the kitchen. When I'm with my family I'm trying to have conversation with them. The same is with the company.
I already did outgrow the time when I could afford to focus my time and energy for your way listening to MJ's music. For me as well as the most adult fans it"s waste of time but I don't mind when you do it. I just only suggested that if you are so dedicated why not to became a professional expert in this area so it would be easier for you to change people opinion. I remember that my main reason to become a journalist (it's my profession in my original country) was to be able to change people's opinions. But now I don"t won't you to change your opinion regarding "Cascio tracks", I just suggested you to do something about it (if it's making you so unhappy) instead going in circle on this board.
then why are You spending so much time on this board?

I think you need these:

uber_ear_trumpets.jpg

I don't care about your personal life, your peronal problems and what music your kids listen to. My question for you and for all other believers was: "If the songs are real, why did they use samples (breaths, screams, "Why" ad-lib in Monster...) from MJ's previous recordings?" And that is a proven fact. That is not my opinion. They used parts of MJ's previous songs. Why?

then why are You spending so much time on this board?

All together not more than 20 min/day. Sometimes I have fun reading the posts and sometimes I feel some fans frustration so I'm suggesting different approach to find solution to heal it.

I don't care about your personal life, your peronal problems and what music your kids listen to. My question for you and for all other believers was: "If the songs are real, why did they use samples (breaths, screams, "Why" ad-lib in Monster...) from MJ's previous recordings?" And that is a proven fact. That is not my opinion. They used parts of MJ's previous songs. Why?

i just gave you very simple answer. Most fans don't hear it and they just don't care. And it's proven fact for you but not for me and other people. I already suggested you that all the answers regarding Cascio songs you can get only through the court, strong publication on the book market or in the media or patiently waiting until Eddie Cascio will be ready to talk.

i just gave you very simple answer. Most fans don't hear it and they just don't care. And it's proven fact for you but not for me and other people. I already suggested you that all the answers regarding Cascio songs you can get only through the court, strong publication on the book market or in the media or patiently waiting until Eddie Cascio will be ready to talk.

Most of the fans hear it and do care.

I already know most of the answers, it is you who are living in denial.

This girl will know the difference when she's an adult..:D. Earlier probably..

[youtube]3WIzM7JyZZA[/youtube]

I'm sure she knows it already. If he had played her one of the Cascio tracks she would not stop crying for sure. She would cry even harded.

Back