Michael viral (positive) tweet thread

Looks like a bunch of high school kids and their TEACHER! Lordy, lordy, how cool is that? :D

EDIT - er, what now? Just went back to look at it again and this time noticed that, after the cute Thriller video has finished, it was followed by, er, some 'other' Tik Tok content which I'm not up with. 😦

So I've deleted it, lol.

If you want to watch the Thriller thing go and look for 'I wish my teacher rocked like this'.

Last edited:

OK, let me try again. Here's a cute compilation of Thriller Tik Tok clips but posted on YT. There doesn't seem to be any extra, unwanted content, fingers crossed. There is some lovely stuff in here. At the end, there's a family doing the Thriller thing together which I loved to bits. Also loved the routine on the stairs at 2m 25s and the little toddler grooving around at 2m 50s. Very cute!

N.B. This is from 2020 not 2022. But I couldn't resist.

Not a tweet, but wanted to share this. For at least the last 48 hours, #ThrillerChallenge has been trending in the United States, with the additions of #MichaelJackson #Thriller40 #KingofPop dipping in and out. Right now all four are trending. All great to see.

Not a tweet, but wanted to share this. For at least the last 48 hours, #ThrillerChallenge has been trending in the United States, with the additions of #MichaelJackson #Thriller40 #KingofPop dipping in and out. Right now all four are trending. All great to see.
This is cooler than cool. It's really good to get an update.

OK, bc I never know when to stop I'm posting the teacher video. Found a version on Twitter, hopefully free of 'extra' stuff. The editing on this version is not as good as the version I posted yesterday but it's loads of fun. The best thing - apart from the teacher who is AWESOME - is the faces of the students. So many smiling, happy faces. They are having loads of fun. So lovely to see that. 🥰

N.B. This is from 2008, apparently. But it's so lovely I just have to post it.

OK, bc I never know when to stop I'm posting the teacher video. Found a version on Twitter, hopefully free of 'extra' stuff. The editing on this version is not as good as the version I posted yesterday but it's loads of fun. The best thing - apart from the teacher who is AWESOME - is the faces of the students. So many smiling, happy faces. They are having loads of fun. So lovely to see that. 🥰

N.B. This is from 2008, apparently. But it's so lovely I just have to post it.
@staywild23 hello teacher 😜

Finally! Found a YT version of a Tik Tok video that I posted yesterday and then deleted bc it had weird, somewhat dodgy extra stuff tacked onto the end that I didn't want. This is not the full version but still great. The guy on the right of the screen is the one I love to watch. Cool stuff.

This all reminds me of my sister. She did the thriller routine once on stage for a fashion show. She is not a professional dancer or anything but she was asked for fun. I was just a kid so I barely remember it, I reckon it was in the very early 90s, perhaps earlier. Someone should have a VHS tape of it all.

Anyway the thriller routine is so recognizable because it is fun and it looks actually creepy fitting the theme of the song. Many other choreos just have complicated steps to look cool.
What other artist has a choreo that everybody at least knows a few steps from? MJ has 2 with thriller and billie jean and billie jean he created all by himself. Michael has so many signature moves and so many people recognize them, it should be a term on its own like break dancing, swing or flamenco. MJ invented his own dancing style. Unique in movement, fashion and singing.

This all reminds me of my sister. She did the thriller routine once on stage for a fashion show. She is not a professional dancer or anything but she was asked for fun. I was just a kid so I barely remember it, I reckon it was in the very early 90s, perhaps earlier. Someone should have a VHS tape of it all.

Anyway the thriller routine is so recognizable because it is fun and it looks actually creepy fitting the theme of the song. Many other choreos just have complicated steps to look cool.
What other artist has a choreo that everybody at least knows a few steps from? MJ has 2 with thriller and billie jean and billie jean he created all by himself. Michael has so many signature moves and so many people recognize them, it should be a term on its own like break dancing, swing or flamenco. MJ invented his own dancing style. Unique in movement, fashion and singing.
I love everything about this post. This is perfect for your 'signature dance moves' thread. Fits like a glove.

Back