Michael's best spins?

Michael's best spins I think were from The Jacksons era. They were so full of energy, so fluid and smooth and Michael would be constantly doing them! he would even spin in the opposite direction reversing his feet, if you've seen him do it you'll know what I mean. It's funny I used to think Michael came up with the spin when he was only an adult but he was spinning more than ever as a kid.

^ A lot of Michael turnning or spinning the other direction when young was meant to unwind the microphone cord around him ;) he goes his standard direction (cord twirls around him) and he generally would skip along back the reverse direction or spin it out the other way. ie feet behind the heel (pull) instead of forward push using the right foot in front as leverage..

^ A lot of Michael turnning or spinning the other direction when young was meant to unwind the microphone cord around him ;) he goes his standard direction (cord twirls around him) and he generally would skip along back the reverse direction or spin it out the other way. ie feet behind the heel (pull) instead of forward push using the right foot in front as leverage..
haha-that's true. I used to wonder how he never got caught up in the mic cord when I watched him as a kid.
But he certainly did-I noticed it a couple of years ago and happened to catch it-he would just jump a bit and then do a reverse spin-and all that time I thought it was just part of the spin/choreography.
So good and so young.

The amazing spin from MITM Bucharest is amazing - and he drop to his knees afterwards. - Amazing

haha-that's true. I used to wonder how he never got caught up in the mic cord when I watched him as a kid.
But he certainly did-I noticed it a couple of years ago and happened to catch it-he would just jump a bit and then do a reverse spin-and all that time I thought it was just part of the spin/choreography.
So good and so young.

And every time I see him do that, I think of the clip in American Dream when Gordy tells him to never relinquish the mic - after Mike says he can give the mic away to do a spin... ;) Love it!

The amazing spin from MITM Bucharest is amazing - and he drop to his knees afterwards. - Amazing

The long spin near the end of the song isn't from Bucharest. It isn't in the other versions of the concert.

^^^ I guess she knew, but wrote "Bucharest" to make sure we all knew what she was talking about. I think I remember midwestcowboy (or someone else) saying that spin took place in Monza, Italy. :)

Last edited:
Word Smith Sr;4196689 said:
^^^ I guess she knew, but wrote "Bucharest" to make sure we all knew what she was talking about. I think I remember midwestcowboy (or someone else) saying that spin took place in Monza, Italy. :)

The Monza spin (at the end of ‘Man In The Mirror’) does not match with the spin which is included on the Bucharest DVD (HBO version).

Actually, it still remains unknown from which Dangerous show comes the spin that appears on the Bucharest DVD (HBO version).

Monza spin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md64HtHyKgQ

Bucharest DVD (HBO version) spin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SKqdy_dak

mj_frenzy;4225573 said:
The Monza spin (at the end of ‘Man In The Mirror’) does not match with the spin which is included on the Bucharest DVD (HBO version).

Actually, it still remains unknown from which Dangerous show comes the spin that appears on the Bucharest DVD (HBO version).

Monza spin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md64HtHyKgQ

Bucharest DVD (HBO version) spin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SKqdy_dak

You are correct. Was there more than one Monza date?

Stepin out with my baby and another part of me are 2 crackers

giphy.gif

My favorite spin ever was the MITM spin already mentioned from the Dangerous Tour. Just the fact that he took it to church so hard then spun for a good fifteen revolutions and landed so effortlessly on his knees was impeccable. The greatest spinner of all time.

Off topic: I was always impressed with his toe stands. So he was upset because the one he did at Motown 25 didn't turn out right but I feel the one in the Thriller video also wasn't that great, a bit shaky.. He did much better ones right?

At 9:55:

Off topic: I was always impressed with his toe stands. So he was upset because the one he did at Motown 25 didn't turn out right but I feel the one in the Thriller video also wasn't that great, a bit shaky..
It was a bit shaky but I like that. He probably didn't like it. Mr Perfectionist! But I'm fine with it.

He did much better ones right?

Well, there's this one:

tumblr_m9u34nuU4w1qiaevfo2_250.gif

And then we can't leave this one out, right?

giphy.gif

It was a bit shaky but I like that. He probably didn't like it. Mr Perfectionist! But I'm fine with it.
True! But I do think it was supposed to be longer, the one in this rehearsal is so much better:

Around 25:45!

Sorry for the off-topic, back to the spins please! :)

Back