Michael's favorite movies, actors, etc.

i forgot about this thread :) i just updated the list with a few more. any others?

The Sound Of Music its how he came to work with Charmian Carr to design some of his clothes heres an interview with her, there is a much better one in the documentary After They Were Famous: The Sound Of Music where she talks for longer about him and his opinion of the film but I can't find it.

Aw that's cute. I love the sound of music. Added it to the list!

I thought of two more movies. How about sling blade and monster's ball? I know he loved the movie sling blade. I would love to know if he saw the movie monster's ball. It's staring Halle berry and billy bob, the same guy who stared in sling blade.

The movies he loved is countless... He was simply a huge movie buff. There has to be dozens and dozens of film that he loved and never mentioned because no one would know them and/or (*cough *cough) barrowed ideas from them...

cowboy movies

Jermaine said in an interview once that when they were in Gary Indiana, the brothers would watch westerns, but didn't mention any specific titles.

Remember Back To The Future. Beat It is used in Part II and in Part III Marty does a moonwalk.

However, I gotta say, when MJ is discussing his favourite singers and actors, he doesn't come across as sincere. It's as though he thinks he's expected to like the classics, so he's rehearsed a list he can simply reel off when asked (ie Gone With The Wind or whatever).

I dare say he only said he liked the Simpsons because it was popular.

Looking at who he befriended, it's clear he liked the old Hollywood legends.

As a movie fan, I bet he loved the opportunity to meet all these stars of the 1940's etc

i love going through and listening to michael's favorite music so i can see what inspired and influenced him. the author of the rhythmofthetide blog lists a bunch of his favorite musicians, songs, and books. I'd love to see a list like this of his favorite films, shows, directors, actors, etc!

http://rhythmofthetide.com/category/favorite-things/

So based on the responses, he was (or ... may have been) a fan of :

FILM SERIES / FRANCHISES
Star Wars
Spiderman
High School Musical
Transformers
Home alone
James Bond
X-men
Jurassic Park
Harry Potter
Rush Hour
Lord of the Rings
Marx Brothers movies

FILMS
E.T.
Slingblade
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Shane
Jaws
The Elephant man movie
C. Chaplin's The Kid
C. Chaplin's Modern Times
C. Chaplin's The Tramp
Gone with the Wind
Whatever it Takes
Titanic
Enter the Dragon
The Dark Knight
Staying Alive
West Side Story
Edward Scissorhands
The band wagon
The Wizard of Oz
Cabaret
American werewolf in london
My Life as a Dog
Stand by Me
The Goonies
Gilda
The Sound of Music

CARTOONS
Peter Pan
pretty much all disney movies, at least the older ones
Mickey mouse
The simpsons
Popeye
Looney Toons
Smurfs

TV SHOWS
The Three Stooges
Malcolm in the Middle
The Big Bang Theory

ACTORS and/or DIRECTORS
Liz Taylor
Charlie Chaplin
Shirley Temple
Katharine Hepburn
Bruce Lee
Fred Astaire
Gene Kelly
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Marlon Brando
Gregory Peck
Steven Spielberg
Martin Scorsese
Spike Lee
Bob Fosse
he liked men in black also. He called the producers and asked if he could be in their next movie (MIB2) . they wanted to put him as one of the aliens but michael said that he wanted to wear the MIB suit

FILMS
The Dark Knight
Woah, what is the source that says Michael liked The Dark Knight? 😮 I like that movie too, it was released just after Heath Ledger’s death. 2008 was a surreal time (particularely in pop culture) and I consider it cool Michael went to see it.

Last edited:
Back