Michael's Heal the World Charity

Should an organization using Michaels name & image for their charity prove it's legitimacy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted no, but I think it was a mistake. I feel that if a charity uses Michael to BOOST their reputation or raise more money, that is terrible. I kinda misread the question though. :(

I voted yes because why through money away, if they cannot validate who they are, how do you know where the money is going?

I joined the HTWF and am still looking for answers of if they are legitimate. I really don't know who to verify the validity of the charity? Anyone know? What kind of paperwork would one look for?

On the site there are lots of pictures of MJ and lots of Pictures of the President Melissa Johnson but none with them together? I want to be trusting but at the same time now I am questioning?

jeri

Here's the article from CBS:

Exclusive:Charity's Fake Link to Jackson?

Jackson Estate Says "No Connection" To The Pop Star

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/cbsnews_investigates/main5234202.shtml

(CBS) Written by CBS News investigative producer Laura Strickler.

CBS News has learned that a charity claiming to be affiliated with Michael Jackson has no connection to his estate.

In the days after Michael Jackson’s death there were numerous news references to the ongoing charitable work of his “Heal the World Foundation”. However Jackson’s charity officially closed its doors in 2004. A new charity also named the “Heal the World Foundation” leaves the impression it is the same charity but CBS News has discovered it has no connection to the pop star’s current estate.

The foundation’s website has been a magnet for fans searching for a Michael Jackson “charity”. In recent weeks the foundation has begun asking for donations from visitors who want to post or read material on the site that is dominated by comments from fans around the world. Records provided by the charity indicate the website received $6,191.57 in donations during the month of July through PayPal.

The charity is run by Melissa Johnson who also runs a home health care business for the elderly called “Angels Embrace” run out of the same office in Palm Desert, California. A call to Johnson’s home was answered with, “Angels Embrace,” by a man who said his name was Chris Johnson.

According to state records the current "Heal the World Foundation" started in March 2008. Federal records show the organization received its IRS tax exempt status in January of 2009. In response to questions about the charitable work of the foundation, Johnson told CBS News, "our only actions have been to protect the property of the charity and console the fans and people who want to pay tribute in their own way."

Johnson obtained the trademark “Heal the World Foundation” according to the US Trademark Office in October 2008. But a month after Jackson’s death she filed for a new trademark, “Michael Jackson Heal the World Foundation”. In her application she notes that she wants to provide, “Charitable services, namely, providing a website that enables children of a school district to communicate with a charity of their choice; Computer services, namely, creating an on-line community for registered users to participate in discussions, get feedback from their peers, form virtual communities, and engage in social networking; Hosting of digital content on the Internet.”

Melissa Johnson also filed three applications to trademark “MJ” in July of 2008 to be used for “athletic apparel,” “audio and video recordings”, “digital media”, “downloadable music”, “video games”, “toys… talking toys… and toy and novelty face masks” according to the US Patent and Trademark office.

But representatives of the Jackson estate say the foundation is not linked, "The Michael Jackson estate has no connection whatsoever to the "Heal the World Foundation” run by Melissa Johnson," said Terry Fahn, a spokesperson for John Branca, the special administrator of the Jackson estate.

Branca has been embroiled in a back and forth debate for the last few weeks with the Jackson family over the estate.

A spokesperson for Katherine Jackson’s attorney L. Londell McMillan could not confirm or deny a connection to Melissa Johnson. Johnson told CBS she has not been in touch with the Jackson family since his death.

The foundation plays up its connection to Michael Jackson. The charity’s Twitter account with 587 followers says, “Heal The World Foundation was started by Pop Star Michael Jackson in 1992. Anyone interested in comitting(sic) themselves to Healing the World is most welcome here”. The site notes that following Jackson’s London tour he was planning to, “live a long and full life, devoted to [Heal the World Foundation] and serving his God and his fellow man, with his fans leading the way”.

“The Jackson management that reports to you now is NOT his management staff of many years,” said Johnson of the current "Heal the World Foundation" in an email to CBS, “They recently replaced a crew of managers and those people had been working with us for years.”

Johnson told CBS News that she worked with the firm of Raymone Bain, Jackson’s former spokesperson, and particularly with Bain's former partner Van Alexander. But a representative for Bain told CBS News that Bain “never worked with Melissa Johnson or with the Heal the World Foundation.” Alexander, who no longer works with Bain, did not respond to messages left requesting comment.

The Heal the World Foundation website boasts an exhaustive list of projects related to Michael Jackson: the Michael Jackson Annual Telethon, Michael’s Army (of volunteers), the MJ Film Company, a newspaper and publishing company, Kid Care Centers, a Michael Jackson movie, “animal projects” and “Learning Centers”.

Additional reporting by Faiza Virani in New York.

from lesliemjhu. who has his own site gains legal docs etc

I'm sorry to say, but the people behind the so called "Heal The World Foundation" are simply idiots! I followed this story from a long time ago, please spread this wherever you can:

A woman called Melissa Johnson is highly obsessed with everything MJ ever did or touched. She used to re-register MJ's old domain names and defuncted companies under the same name. She did this with HTW as well, but this new entity has nothing to do with MJ or his estate. I exchanged several e-mails with her just to know what her plans are, but she seemed to be completly idiot and cluless about what's going on. She remembered me for Lola Jackson (whom I talked to as well). Now I think MJ's death was too much for her, and she tries to intervere somehow...

i posted a few questions to her, reasonable and respectful, in response to her "advance statement to the media" on the HTWF site, and what was posted on the CBS website about her and HTWF as it is today, but she has not responded. I read quite a few of her older posts, somewhere in here i think, where she said she was the only one who could protect michaels vision, but i am really confused, sorry, about how or why she or the charity have to be "protected' a year before michaels death, and still now, after his death. protected from what? i'm don't understand her statements about all that. michaels will and trust would make sure any charity he was partnered with or held dear to him would be taken care if he ever died, which is why he put the 20% of his estate in his will and trust. there are only 39 charities i think, in his will and trust, that he named, to receive 20% of his estate, is that right? he would never allow for anyone to mistreat or ignore the charities he held near and dear, so i'm not sure why she keeps saying she has to protect the charity, has to keep quite on everything (which she said a year ago) and after his death but never revealed or answered the questions then or now.

ms. johnson admitted she and others spent thousands of dollars buying up all of michaels domains, when his charity was dissolved back in 2002-2004, and any/all similar domains. my question on that, is, why? if there is only one HTWF then there is no need to have hundreds of michael jackson domains or chairy domains, or am i wrong in thinking that way. here is some of the stuff I asked her, and still no response:

hi melissa, i read your post about your statement to CBS, and I read your advance statement, and I read the CBS article, which sounded pretty factual. but you say that they and their article should not be trusted. could you please explain what, in their article, is not correct. i'm pretty confused with everything that's being printed and stated about michaels original charity and yours. I think they only way to know is to ask you, directly, if you would be so kind to take the time to answer a few questions, regarding that CBS article about HTWF, please?

-did you apply for the trademark "michael jackson heal the world foundation" after jackson's death?

-did you apply 3 applications to trademark "mj" for apparel, games, downloads, etc? if so, are the items of micheal jackson?

-CBS states that michaels estate, in particular, john branca, states that michael jackson had no connection to you or your HTWF. is this correct?

-while we know that michael jackson started/founded heal the world foundation, and HTWF uses that terminology everywhere, is it possible, if your HTWF is not and was not connected to micheal jackson, that the wording, this terminology could be rewritten so as to not mislead people, have people think it is THE charity that mj created/founded back in 1992, that it is not the same one, if it is not? i think changing, rewording that information would bring you much credibility, and it would show you and HTWF are not claiming or professing to be THE charity he started, but, are a foundation in likeness to what he created, and that you and HTWF carry on a vision that he had?

-CBS and your HTWF have many, many pictures, articles and references to the many charitible and humanitarian efforts michael did throughout his life. while its very nice to inform people of all his good deeds, i wonder if all that information, those images, those articles should state they are not from his participation with your HTWF, to add more creditbility and clarity to yourself and HTWF as it operates today? so that people know you are not trying to have all those items on your website/organization, as if he was doing all that work under your HTWF?

-i ask you to think about this one please. while he has millions of fans around the world, there are many, many fan sites, old and new, as well as an official one, is it possible that you and HTWF can consider removing all the items on HTWF that are about his surgeries, his private life, the trials, etc. etc. all of which i know he would not want this kind of stuff on any of his charities, especially for children as it has nothing to do with humanitarian efforts or chairty. maybe removing all that stuff would add credibility to yourself and HTWF?

i thank you for taking the time to respond.

update: she nor her HTWF have responded to my questions, but, her website has now blocked me, without explanation or notificaiton and made my free memebrship to a paid one so now I cannot enter my membership anymore, unless I pay for it. they have not sent me an email, notifying why they blocked my free membership, which is for one year, nor did i break any rules or policies of their website. since they did this in such a sudden and inexcusable manner, i'm going to file complaints with whatever agency i can find, that deals with things such as this. maybe even Human Rights, as they have no right to block me, out of the hundreds and hundreds of members, for no reason, forcing me to pay for a membership that they advertise as free for one year, full access. you can't do that, its false and misleading advertising, and you cant force people to pay for a membership, or block them without just cause. further proof she and her "foundation" are hiding something, and that they are not the humanitarians they claim to be. to compare themselves to micheal and his work.... and they do things like this, its sickening. i'm embarassed for them.

Last edited:
i seen somewhere that HTWF is selling stuff on eBay, as a non-profit agency, selling things with michaels name on them, and domains with his name also. is it legal for them to do this stuff, using his name on things and selling on eBay? Is it copyright infringement, unless they have permission from his estate? wonder if his estate and family know HTWF is selling stuff on eBay, using Michaels name. I noticed one domain, using his name, is selling for $20,000?!! is this why Johnson bought up all those expired domains, that Jackson used, and she created more, using his name, to sell off on eBay at some later time?

Last edited:
Sooner or later the Estate is gonna serve her with a cease and desist notice. Michael has his own charities that he wants to support. And Smuley Boteach owns the original domain names and stole money from the charity.

I would love to see Michael's Heal The World foundation restored and run by his estate. But these people who use these domaine names to exploit him and gain monetarily from his name need to be stopped.

WOW, looks like we have a real sociopath on our hands. THis Melissa Johnson is some piece of work. She is a master manipulator, a devilish conniving opportunist. THis counterfieter mischievioulsy construed a way to make money off of Michael Jackson name..wow!. Off of a man she never met nor has any ties to, not to mention couldnt stand in the same room with. It is an embarrassement that this madcap masquerader is mentioned in the same sentence as Michael's.

What I am suprised is why his estate did not preserve those trademarks?. It couldnt cost much to keep them away from charlatans and shysters like Miss Johnson.

I say this flimflam forgery,four-flusher needs to be put out of business forever.

She is a disgrace to the legacy of a legend like Michael.

(courtesy of Thesarus.com..hehehe)

Great work by JaneBond!! You should consider working for Michaels estate, I am sure they will be hiring lots of people.

Last edited:
WOW, looks like we have a real sociopath on our hands. THis Melissa Johnson is some piece of work. She is a master manipulator, a devilish conniving opportunist. THis counterfieter mischievioulsy construed a way to make money off of Michael Jackson name..wow!. Off of a man she never met nor has any ties to, not to mention couldnt stand in the same room with. It is an embarrassement that this madcap masquerader is mentioned in the same sentence as Michael's.

What I am suprised is why his estate did not preserve those trademarks?. It couldnt cost much to keep them away from charlatans and shysters like Miss Johnson.

I say this flimflam forgery,four-flusher needs to be put out of business forever.

She is a disgrace to the legacy of a legend like Michael.

(courtesy of Thesarus.com..hehehe)

Great work by JaneBond!! You should consider working for Michaels estate, I am sure they will be hiring lots of people.

OK everyone, I'm really concerned, the more I check into this stuff. Recall my posts, that Johnson posted that CBS misquoted her and lied in their article about her, and she still has not answered questions about that article? Well, I just found she does in fact sell MJ and Michael products and clothing.... this further reinforces what the CBS article said about her, registering and using the name MJ and Michael to make money on her websites. I asked HTWF if they have his estates permission to reprint his poems and reflections from his second book, Dancing the Dream, in which Michael ensured the strictest copyright protection on every single word he published.

HTWF is selling MJ and Michael stuff as CBS reported: http://www.cafepress.ca/MJCAFE/6823691

Also, a friend of mine can longer access anything on their website as a basic membership, she got blocked last night, for posting questions as others have. Why would they keep deleting people and posts if they have nothing to hide. She is making money, using his name and everything, and has no legal connection to Michael or his estate, which means she has no authorization to use his name to make money for herself or her "charity". Also, they don't even have their records public so that you can see where and what they do with the money they make in donations, which all charities must do. I now have no choice but to believe she is involved in legal battles with the Jackson family and estate for "squatting' on his chairty, then buying hundreds or thousands of his expired domains, and sliding into an assumed position, of acting on his behalf, taking over his dissolved charity, and now expects to cash in on his Will, of 20% of one of his charities? Otherwise, what is she doing, and why? I don't even know for fact that HTWF is a real charity. Yes, it's registered as one, anyone can do that, but is it a real charity doing real humanitarian work? For all I know, it could be her, and a group of friends, who devised this elaborate scam as a charity, to haul in money, using Michaels name, and his charity work, and his fans, to gain sympathy and money, pulling on the heart strings of his fans who want to carry on his vision? Why else would HTWF have all those fan pages, and the chats and blogs that are so inappropriate to a charity. They are more a fan site, using MJ's fans, to gain members and make money? I honestly don't know what else to think you guys, I am disgusted, with the more I learn, and witness from HTWF. Michael would never conduct any charity work or business in such a evasive, secretive and vindictive manner, never, yet this HTWF is, and using his name, his published works, his image, his fans, to make money, and they refuse to answer any questions, they delete posts, they delete people, and control what is said and asked on their website inr egards to their charity adn the validity of it. The fact that she is selling clothes and stuff with MJ and Michaels name, disgusts me. It's money that his estate - his children will never see, or the charities he held near and dear. She is using his name and his fans to make money, for whatever it is that she is really doing, without the permission of Michael, his estate, his family.... which means his children will never see anything they gain using his name. I hate that we cannot trust anyone when it comes to Michael, which is why I guess we all ask so many questions, to make sure something is real and legit, and in the best interest of Michael?

Last edited:
I voted no, but I think it was a mistake. I feel that if a charity uses Michael to BOOST their reputation or raise more money, that is terrible. I kinda misread the question though. :(

hi tom, i think in the beginning, when Michael created his Heal the World charity, he wanted to use his name and noteriety for the cause to be seen and heard, but I don't think he meant for any charity to use his name, his images, his published works, etc. to make money that cannot be accounted for. he did want his charity to be seen and heard with the use of his name, in the beginning, which i think is ok, as he permitted it.

i think now, with his death, no charity should be allowed to use his name, or anything relating to him, unless they have the full authorization and permission from his family, his children, and his estate. we know Michael left 20% of his Will to 39 charities, which his Trust details who and what they are, and a Trust is private, so unless his family or estate announces those details, we may never know who and what they are. i think his family will share that information once all the dust settles, as Michael would want his fans to know and share those charities.

http://www.angelsembrace.com/

1995 called they want their website back.

have to give it to johnson, she has targeted two "vulnerable" sectors to make money. the elderly, as you can see by her rates, lol... and children. i'm reading about the "social website" igroops, that she uses for her HTWF.... its a software program, designed specifically to make money off your members... http://www.igroops.com/

also read that HTWF is NOT putting any donations towards any charity matters, and that the money donated is going towards "fortifying the charity". not sure what that means.

Last edited:
Sooner or later the Estate is gonna serve her with a cease and desist notice. Michael has his own charities that he wants to support. And Smuley Boteach owns the original domain names and stole money from the charity.

I would love to see Michael's Heal The World foundation restored and run by his estate. But these people who use these domaine names to exploit him and gain monetarily from his name need to be stopped.

i agree with you allthelovelyflowers... i would love to see HIS charity restored and run by his estate, his children in the future, and family. and for his beloved charities be known to the world, that he wanted to give to, in his death. and for his family and estate to take legal action against anyone and any agency using his name without their authorization. it would continue his wish and vision, to help those in need. that would be awesome. maybe that is in the works, once his estate settles down and all the urgent legal matters have been negotiated and resolved? who was smuley boteach, wasn't he a close friend of micheals? i watched his speaking engagement at Harvad, on utube, it was years ago, and he mentioned smuley several times in his speach didnt he?

Hi Jane and Everybody,

I have mostly posted at another MJJCommunity thread on this same subject:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58378&page=6

but as Jane knows, I am one of the people who was "banned" and had my posts/blogs deleted at the scam HTWF--for asking normal, sensible questions.

Melissa & Co. are counting on the media eventually leaving her alone and they will continue to cash in on having trademarked Michael's name, initials (yes, she has a trademark application pending at the USPTO for "MJ"), and Heal The World. She already owns the "Heal The World" trademark... guess now we know what all the secrecy has been about.

This is the one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen.

She has been taking money by false pretense for months. If anyone ever gave her any money because you believed she represented Michael, please PM me. There is a group of fans who plan to sue her.

Kate

This scaliwag has to be put out of her misery. THe police need to be called. She is commiting forgery and fraud. I wonder how many senior citizens she is defrauding as well.

I dont understand why Michael's estate never sent her a cease and desist letter. That is really all they would have to do.

Can a normal citizen call the police on something like this?

have to give it to johnson, she has targeted two "vulnerable" sectors to make money. the elderly, as you can see by her rates, lol... and children. i'm reading about the "social website" igroops, that she uses for her HTWF.... its a software program, designed specifically to make money off your members... http://www.igroops.com/

also read that HTWF is NOT putting any donations towards any charity matters, and that the money donated is going towards "fortifying the charity". not sure what that means.

I would guess - ONLY guess - that "fortifying the charity" would be paying for web hosting and buying materials to make even more money.

Hope this gets wide publicity and she is put out of business.

I would guess - ONLY guess - that "fortifying the charity" would be paying for web hosting and buying materials to make even more money.

Hope this gets wide publicity and she is put out of business.

sounds like you're right lacey. makes sense. thats costing her money, not to mention, she has that elderly home care business, that website, which she links to HTWF, and, then she ahs her eBay account for HTWF to sell her cafepress items, and the domains she's been squatting on for years, and still creating, and she has her cafepress store online. all of which are her personal home businesses. all of which are directly linked to making money off of michael jacksons name.

the president and HTWF refuse to answer questions, about them printing michaels poetry and "thoughts" which are copyrighted. they have it posted on HTWF, without all the copyright information thats suppose to accompany any printing of material that is protected and they must have the authorization and permission of the publishing company and michaels estate. shes using them to make money for her "foundation" off of memberships, thats the issue with her printing his published works.

her defense for the cafepress store, applying to trademark and register the "mj" logo and brand will be that the initials are her own, but, thats misleading because she is not using her name, her initials, her images, her deeds to promote her "charity", everything is michael jackson, so his estate could argue that very well. not to mention shes been squatting on domains for years, and still making them (?), and they're being sold for up to $20,000 for just one, on HTWF charity account on eBay. selling stuff, using someones name without the permission of that person or their estate on eBay is a copyright infringement violation of eBays rules, isnt it? who's selling these on eBay, thru HTWF's charity account on eBay and where is that money going?

i think if anyone feels this is all wrong, they should be writting that CBS reporter who did that article on her and her foundation and home businesses and activity, michaels estate, john branca (friend and executor), larry king (family friend and close friend to jermaine), to eBay, to michaels publishers, etc. if they see copyright infringement of any of micheals works, by her or her businesses, or her "charity". his fans protect his legacy, his name, his charities, his vision. maybe it's what we can do for him, for his family, his kids, after he gave so much of himself to the world for so many years? he deserves better than this, to be used in such a misleading and devious way, disguised as a charity that helps the very people he spent his life giving to.

a fan lawsuit might be something of interest kate, just tossing this out there.... what about a fan petition, worldwide, asking for michaels estate to investigate this woman, this charity, and to have her ceases and desist using his name, his images, his poetry, his lyrics, his deeds, his words, to make money that really isnt going to charity but to "fortifying" all her home businesses? the petition could go to his estate once it got a few million fans, who want nothing more than his choice charities to receive donations, his family to get the royalities, etc. from the use of his name, so we can know micheals name and legacy is not used in a manner (secrecy, devious, cunning, calculating, manipulating) other than in keeping with what he did?

i need to add, that i feel very, very sad, for members on that HTWF that are true and sincere givers to the less fortunate. they have saddly been used and mislead, under the guise of a charity. i'm sorry, but i cannot say for fact it is a honest to God charity anymore. i spent a lot of time reading, witnessing, learning and connecting the dots, and its sad how many giving people in there are following, giving time and money, and how many loving fans are doing the same. its terrible, they are so believing, trusing and never once asked any questions as to who she is, what is she doing, why, how, etc. etc. to validate her 'charity" since the dissolution of michaels, and how her's is partenered with micheal. everything in that website, is an "assumed" nature, that it's all michaels, micheals charity, and she uses that leverage and assumption to get members, paid memberships, donations, etc. its so very, very wrong. everything leads to her personally, and her home businesses, not to a charity that gives as micheal would. i almost fell for it all as well, but thankful i was not so easliy manipulated and trusting, not with anything to do with micheal, he taught me that, to be careful, when it comes to him and the use of his name. the tabloids taught me that too.

kate, i think we and millions of others, could do something, anything, for michael, for his family, to shed more light on this deception. its not normal for any charity to act in such a manner, and refuse to provide transparency, unless they have something to hide.

Last edited:
i posted a few questions to her, reasonable and respectful, in response to her "advance statement to the media" on the HTWF site, and what was posted on the CBS website about her and HTWF as it is today, but she has not responded. I read quite a few of her older posts, somewhere in here i think, where she said she was the only one who could protect michaels vision, but i am really confused, sorry, about how or why she or the charity have to be "protected' a year before michaels death, and still now, after his death. protected from what? i'm don't understand her statements about all that. michaels will and trust would make sure any charity he was partnered with or held dear to him would be taken care if he ever died, which is why he put the 20% of his estate in his will and trust. there are only 39 charities i think, in his will and trust, that he named, to receive 20% of his estate, is that right? he would never allow for anyone to mistreat or ignore the charities he held near and dear, so i'm not sure why she keeps saying she has to protect the charity, has to keep quite on everything (which she said a year ago) and after his death but never revealed or answered the questions then or now.

ms. johnson admitted she and others spent thousands of dollars buying up all of michaels domains, when his charity was dissolved back in 2002-2004, and any/all similar domains. my question on that, is, why? if there is only one HTWF then there is no need to have hundreds of michael jackson domains or chairy domains, or am i wrong in thinking that way. here is some of the stuff I asked her, and still no response:

hi melissa, i read your post about your statement to CBS, and I read your advance statement, and I read the CBS article, which sounded pretty factual. but you say that they and their article should not be trusted. could you please explain what, in their article, is not correct. i'm pretty confused with everything that's being printed and stated about michaels original charity and yours. I think they only way to know is to ask you, directly, if you would be so kind to take the time to answer a few questions, regarding that CBS article about HTWF, please?

-did you apply for the trademark "michael jackson heal the world foundation" after jackson's death?

-did you apply 3 applications to trademark "mj" for apparel, games, downloads, etc? if so, are the items of micheal jackson?

-CBS states that michaels estate, in particular, john branca, states that michael jackson had no connection to you or your HTWF. is this correct?

-while we know that michael jackson started/founded heal the world foundation, and HTWF uses that terminology everywhere, is it possible, if your HTWF is not and was not connected to micheal jackson, that the wording, this terminology could be rewritten so as to not mislead people, have people think it is THE charity that mj created/founded back in 1992, that it is not the same one, if it is not? i think changing, rewording that information would bring you much credibility, and it would show you and HTWF are not claiming or professing to be THE charity he started, but, are a foundation in likeness to what he created, and that you and HTWF carry on a vision that he had?

-CBS and your HTWF have many, many pictures, articles and references to the many charitible and humanitarian efforts michael did throughout his life. while its very nice to inform people of all his good deeds, i wonder if all that information, those images, those articles should state they are not from his participation with your HTWF, to add more creditbility and clarity to yourself and HTWF as it operates today? so that people know you are not trying to have all those items on your website/organization, as if he was doing all that work under your HTWF?

-i ask you to think about this one please. while he has millions of fans around the world, there are many, many fan sites, old and new, as well as an official one, is it possible that you and HTWF can consider removing all the items on HTWF that are about his surgeries, his private life, the trials, etc. etc. all of which i know he would not want this kind of stuff on any of his charities, especially for children as it has nothing to do with humanitarian efforts or chairty. maybe removing all that stuff would add credibility to yourself and HTWF?

i thank you for taking the time to respond.

update: she nor her HTWF have responded to my questions, but, her website has now blocked me, without explanation or notificaiton and made my free memebrship to a paid one so now I cannot enter my membership anymore, unless I pay for it. they have not sent me an email, notifying why they blocked my free membership, which is for one year, nor did i break any rules or policies of their website. since they did this in such a sudden and inexcusable manner, i'm going to file complaints with whatever agency i can find, that deals with things such as this. maybe even Human Rights, as they have no right to block me, out of the hundreds and hundreds of members, for no reason, forcing me to pay for a membership that they advertise as free for one year, full access. you can't do that, its false and misleading advertising, and you cant force people to pay for a membership, or block them without just cause. further proof she and her "foundation" are hiding something, and that they are not the humanitarians they claim to be. to compare themselves to micheal and his work.... and they do things like this, its sickening. i'm embarassed for them.

Hi Jane, Chris, Lacey and everyone!

I've been busy this week and just got back to this thread. You guys are definitely right that there should be some sort of investigation and/or legal action about this. I would certainly sign a petition calling for this.

Here is some really good news: go to www.uncivilsociety.org and see where Jeff Trexler has put out the Welcome mat for MJ fans who have been disillusioned by Melissa & Co.'s scam HTWF. This is not a fan site, but it is a great site to learn a lot about non-profits and charity work--how to effectively carry out Michael's vision to heal the world, in other words.

I have posted there asking people to post their ideas of what we should be working on now, and once we get some feedback, we plan to go on to the next step. The goal is to DO IT--heal the world--and we don't need a fake charity to do that.

Also, anyone banned from Melissa's HTWF is very welcome at www.uncivilsociety.org. See you there!

Kate

Hi everyone, I still haven't heard back from HTWF. I'm writting them off. I personally do not believe they are who they are presenting themselves to be. They also stated they are accepting donations but none of it is going to any charity issues.

On another note, I did send off some other emails and awaiting responses, in regards to the content they are using on their site, of Michael.

I know there's lots in the media, mostly trash, about MJ the last few days. But, I did find this website: http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/

So the HTWF run by Melissa Johnson is a scam?

I seriously hope to goodness that the Jackson family steps in and sues her for obtaining money based on Michael's charity and name and gets the money she obtained by FRAUD aswell as damages and gives the money to the charities she is supposed to be supporting.

Last edited:
i see that the "president" of heal the world foundation has posted in another thread, pleading her defence, to the suit being filed against her by michaels estate! i say, it's about time! i hope they serve her with a cease and desist order, effective immediately and the website, i mean, fansite is shutdown. i see she won't anser any of the questions here in this thread, but posts her defence to the suit being filed against her in another one, lol. i offer an invitation to her, to read all the posts in this thread, and answer all the questions being asked. seems she is pretty dodgy, in keeping away from this thread, and very calculated in what she does put in print about her "charity".

keep it up mj fans.... keep writting his estate, his family, his friends, to ensure they do not leave any stone unturned, and they shut down people who continue to use his name, his images, his words, his good deeds to make money! the vultures kept taking from him while he was here on earth with us, and some of those vultures continue to take from him in his death, its sickening. rest in peace michael, we miss you and hope you have the peace and safety you never had while on earth. we love you more.

Back