Michael's heavenly voice

My song choice for most Angelic vocals as always is ā€œsomeone in the darkā€. It is magic, pure magic. His vocals in the song are very expressive but honestly it is a sum of its parts. The musical arrangement is equally heavenly, the melody is bliss, the lyrics are profound and meaningful. It is my favorite ballad.

What about the cuteness of his voice. He sounds awfully cute on ā€œgirlfriendā€ but it is probably the fans most disliked MJ track, naturally I love it dearly.
oh yes, absolute cuteness. His voice is very cute in "girlfriend" even if I am in the camp that does not care much about that song. I think the lyrics are just odd. I would also quote Girl is Mine for cuteness - "I think I told you, I'm a lover not a fighter".

What about the cuteness of his voice. He sounds awfully cute on ā€œgirlfriendā€ but it is probably the fans most disliked MJ track, naturally I love it dearly.

And again, unsurprisingly, I absolutely love "Girlfriend" lol. Cuteness overload. Definitely the most adorable song ever about helping someone cheat on their boyfriend, at least lol.

I've already gushed about The Girl is Mine elsewhere on the forum today. But yes, the spoken part is just adorable lol. But aside from that, I actually prefer the demo of that song. I looooove his voice in it.

I feel like She's Out of My Life would also qualify for angelic voice. One of my favorites, for sure. Especially live.

Speechless- Michaelā€™s vocals on this song are literal definition of angelic. What I like is the fact the song starts and end with an acapella, which further showcases Michaelā€™s voice.
oh god, another one I forgot. I need this song in my list.

1 - Little Susie
2 - Speechless
3 - SIM
4 - Cry
5 - Smile
6 - Be Not Always

Before we know it, the list will include half of the songs :) His voice is just angelic šŸ˜‡
I have a sneaky plan. I'm just not going to look at this thread anymore. That's the safest thing.

I did, briefly, want to just throw all the albums in. But that seemed a bit OTT. I definitely wanted to nominate Is It Scary.

<oh god, what about Ben? šŸ˜¶ā€šŸŒ«ļø>

Hands down my fave MJ performance, if only he did an entire show like this, it would have been legendary. This is why he is my favorite vocalist.

God, his emotional vulnerability as a performer and vocalist is just unmatched. He is so real and pure in his performances, it's just shocking sometimes. I've seen this a few times before, but watching it again now, I'm reminded for the millionth time how brilliant he was.

I almost started a brand new thread for Michael's "magical" vocals and then I remembered this one already exists!

I have listened to Fly Away many, many times, but a few days ago I heard it again unexpectedly and it broke me. His voice in the opening is so beautiful I started crying immediately and I had to turn it off. I am listening to it right now as I write this, and I'm feeling similarly emotional about it. I can't really explain it, because it's a beautiful song and it shouldn't make me cry, but my God. It makes me so tearful.

I will NEVER understand Michael's voice. I do not understand what I'm hearing when I listen to him. I have never experienced such an emotional response to any other vocalist in my life. It doesn't even have to be an especially "beautiful" vocal performance, or moment. Just the way he pronounces some words, or a bit of texture in his tone; I feel like I'm genuinely addicted to every sound that comes out of his mouth. It doesn't matter how many times I listen to him, or the fact that he is essentially all I have listened to this entire year so far, I cannot get enough of his voice. His voice sends me to heaven. It tears me in half. I don't even know how to talk about it. His voice is hypnotic to me.

I almost started a brand new thread for Michael's "magical" vocals and then I remembered this one already exists!

I have listened to Fly Away many, many times, but a few days ago I heard it again unexpectedly and it broke me. His voice in the opening is so beautiful I started crying immediately and I had to turn it off. I am listening to it right now as I write this, and I'm feeling similarly emotional about it. I can't really explain it, because it's a beautiful song and it shouldn't make me cry, but my God. It makes me so tearful.

I will NEVER understand Michael's voice. I do not understand what I'm hearing when I listen to him. I have never experienced such an emotional response to any other vocalist in my life. It doesn't even have to be an especially "beautiful" vocal performance, or moment. Just the way he pronounces some words, or a bit of texture in his tone; I feel like I'm genuinely addicted to every sound that comes out of his mouth. It doesn't matter how many times I listen to him, or the fact that he is essentially all I have listened to this entire year so far, I cannot get enough of his voice. His voice sends me to heaven. It tears me in half. I don't even know how to talk about it. His voice is hypnotic to me.
Mm, thanks for the reminder. Gorgeous. This song is fairly new to me and I love it but I don't listen to it often enough; I need to make more time for it. Although I am deeply immersed in 1970's Michael so it could get a bit tricky, lol.

There's about 4 songs in here, all of them wonderful. The opening bit on its own is more than enough for me. It reminds me of that thread from a while back, if you could be in the studio watching Michael record a song which would it be. If I could watch Michael record even just the opening bit of this song I would be so happy. I don't mind if it's fragmented, he can stop and start as much as he wants to, I don't care, it would still be magical.

I don't even have anything intelligent or interesting to say. His voice just sends me off into my own little universe. ā¤ļø

Mm, thanks for the reminder. Gorgeous. This song is fairly new to me and I love it but I don't listen to it often enough; I need to make more time for it. Although I am deeply immersed in 1970's Michael so it could get a bit tricky, lol.
I actually got to know this song quite well because I put it on a Michael Jackson Rainy Day playlist I made and a playlist I entitled "Soft Lovely MJ" lol. So I've listened to this song quite a lot, but it's been a couple weeks. It is gorgeous isn't it?!

But I also understand, because right now I'm pretty obsessed with the J5 and they are taking over my life lol.

There's about 4 songs in here, all of them wonderful. The opening bit on its own is more than enough for me. It reminds me of that thread from a while back, if you could be in the studio watching Michael record a song which would it be. If I could watch Michael record even just the opening bit of this song I would be so happy. I don't mind if it's fragmented, he can stop and start as much as he wants to, I don't care, it would still be magical.
OMG I completely agree with this. Usually the songs I imagine seeing him record are the really wild ones, where he just goes crazy with his voice. But I actually think watching him record something so ethereal and gorgeous would be just unbelievable. Also, I agree completely about the first part. I love the entire song, but the first part is what makes me fall to pieces.

I don't even have anything intelligent or interesting to say.
That's ok :) I mostly just string together dramatic (yet, honest) phrases about collapsing, or being lit on fire, or dragged into a ditch, so I mean... you're fine šŸ˜‚

His voice just sends me off into my own little universe. ā¤ļø
I will always credit you with the best description I've heard of Michael when you said "he is an entire universe." I just love it so much.

Just to add to this list...

Push Me Away - Oh God. I can't even start.
There Must Be More to Life Than This - Freddie's voice is amazing, of course. But Michael comes in like an actual angel. I could sob just thining about this lol.
Too Young - my current obsession. Talk about heavenly vocals, my lord.

Back