Michael's Manhood Thread - 18+ (Read The First Post For Rules!)

Are you new to Invincible? BOD, one of my absolute faves. I don't have the words to express how much I love this song; specifically, Michael's performance of it. I love the whole album but this is def one of my top tracks from it.
Oh no, I have heard Invincible many times, I have also gone through the cycle of not liking it and then falling in love with it. But it's the way I listen to songs, always multi-tasking, never paying attention to lyrics and slowly discovering the lyrics. So it's just today suddenly I deciphered the first part of lyrics - "feel the touch of your body cling to mine" while walking, and I literally stopped.
Seductive is one of the words I was looking for. The song always gave me butterflies, but now that I know most of the lyrics, it's has a totally different meaning!

I love how @staywild23 's reactions are a measure of our reactions!

Oh no, I have heard Invincible many times, I have also gone through the cycle of not liking it and then falling in love with it. But it's the way I listen to songs, always multi-tasking, never paying attention to lyrics and slowly discovering the lyrics.
Oh, that makes sense. I tend to forget that people often listen to music while multi-tasking. I can't do that, never have, so if I'm listening to music it's full on. But I might only listen to one song in a whole day. It just depends.

I'm definitely a big fan of allowing the lyrics to slowly claim my attention. I do love lyrics but they are never the only important part of a song for me or even the most important part.

So it's just today suddenly I deciphered the first part of lyrics - "feel the touch of your body cling to mine" while walking, and I literally stopped.
Seductive is one of the words I was looking for. The song always gave me butterflies, but now that I know most of the lyrics, it's has a totally different meaning!
I always love it when I have lots of different interpretations of a song or different reactions to it. Or my relationship with a song evolves over time. Magic.

Agree 100%. It cracks me up but it is also very useful. As a way of measuring things, it does work, lol. sw23 seems to be taking it in good spirit which is great.

1217254557136491.jpg

It's that photo again. Don't know if this is a clue as to whether the photo came from a Tokyo gig. It's not conclusive, I know, just an idle thought.

GOD if I saw this photo in real time I'd probably never walk again. Knees buckling for eternity!!!
And I might have seen it in real time. I very rarely buy the Daily Mirror but now and again I do. I don't remember this but then I wouldn't, it's so long ago. I don't know why but it's always weird for me seeing press coverage of Michael from back in the day if it's UK media. Also, Gill Pringle, she was one of the few showbiz journalists that I didn't mind too much. I wouldn't mind reading what she had to say.

Break of dawn! Have you heard this song! Oh my god! What lyrics and the way Michael sings it! I usually don't read lyrics, I just slowly discover them while listening, and that leads to these moments! I was totally blown away today when I finally deciphered the beginning! I don't have the words to express it, but it belongs to this thread!
Are you new to Invincible? BOD, one of my absolute faves. I don't have the words to express how much I love this song; specifically, Michael's performance of it. I love the whole album but this is def one of my top tracks from it.

Seriously, don't even feel I can start a conversation about it. We'll be here all day, lol.

I am new to Invincible! I have only listened to about half the songs and most of them only a couple of times at maximum, except for You Rock My World and Heaven Can Wait (both of which I absolutely love and have listened to a lot). But I just listened to this one this morning. Once I saw your messages, I ran downstairs and got my headphones and laid back in bed and sunk into it and I can tell you EXACTLY what part my heart fluttered at!

🎶 Hold my hand, feel the sweat, yes you've got me nervous yet
Let me groove, let me soothe 🎶

And no, not JUST because he's talking about sweat (which, I swear, I'm not actually into other than Michael's lol) but the specific way his voice sounds in those moments... ugh! 🥵

Michael sounds SO seductive here. I'm talking sw23 which, as you know, is my new measure for all things hot. Michael's vocals on this are sw23 level hotness. As in, it can't be measured on the Richter Scale, we're in new territory.
Agree 100%. It cracks me up but it is also very useful. As a way of measuring things, it does work, lol. sw23 seems to be taking it in good spirit which is great.

In good spirit??? I will never not be immensely proud of this lol.

The fact that my unhinged, delusional ramblings can serve as a measure for how hot Michael is feels like the honor I've been waiting for my entire life. This is what I contribute to this thread!!! I don't have Hiker's gif making skills, or MM90's photo sleuthing, or Zinnia's stamina for bumping and posting, but my God ladies, I can be eviscerated by Michael in a millisecond and I am not shy to talk about it!!

And I might have seen it in real time. I very rarely buy the Daily Mirror but now and again I do. I don't remember this but then I wouldn't, it's so long ago. I don't know why but it's always weird for me seeing press coverage of Michael from back in the day if it's UK media. Also, Gill Pringle, she was one of the few showbiz journalists that I didn't mind too much. I wouldn't mind reading what she had to say.

You better believe if I was there in real time, not only would I take notice, but I would definitely be buying this issue of the Daily Mirror... you know, "for the articles"! 😉

I can't imagine how strange it is to be looking back at these times though and realizing you are now so affected by something you weren't so affected by back then. I can safely say, I don't yet feel I have missed out on anything from the Top 40 artists of my youth lol. There is no one who is going to "Michael" me as Michael has Michaeled you. But then, there is no other Michael who can possibly Michael like Michael. Are you still following? Am I making sense? 😂

Anyway, the point of all of this is that man with his God Damn Finger™ ...

It's not even just the finger it's his eyes...those fucking eyes and the curl falling over them, and the jacket, and the tee shirt, and the expression, and the fact that he hasn't impregnated me yet WHERE IS THE JUSTICE

"Before I took this, I wanted a dance photo. He was reluctant to dance as he does on stage until I asked everyone in the room to leave. Then he danced for 45 minutes, it was unbelievable. I totally sweated clothes." Annie Leibovitz, photographer (1992)

Could not get into the photo but they are all so well known. I doubt it was one that wasn't published. I like this quote.

"Before I took this, I wanted a dance photo. He was reluctant to dance as he does on stage until I asked everyone in the room to leave. Then he danced for 45 minutes, it was unbelievable. I totally sweated clothes." Annie Leibovitz, photographer (1992)
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

All I am imagining is Michael drenched in sweat and taking off his clothes... my mind is absent of any other thought 🥵🤯💦

"Before I took this, I wanted a dance photo. He was reluctant to dance as he does on stage until I asked everyone in the room to leave.
Of course he was. He was so adorable. Probably embarrassed, never seeming to understand that there was literally nothing the man could do that wouldn't make everyone fall apart all around him. I love him so much for his shyness.

Then he danced for 45 minutes, it was unbelievable."
I am so envious of her. I want raw footage of all of this delivered to me in a little basket on my front step.

Last edited:
I am new to Invincible! I have only listened to about half the songs and most of them only a couple of times at maximum, except for You Rock My World and Heaven Can Wait (both of which I absolutely love and have listened to a lot). But I just listened to this one this morning. Once I saw your messages, I ran downstairs and got my headphones and laid back in bed and sunk into it and I can tell you EXACTLY what part my heart fluttered at!

Seriously, girl, I did think about these exact lines as I read Hiker's comment. I didn't even need to go and listen to the song. Although, haven't listened to it for yonks. There's a thread on here somewhere re MJ songs you love but never listen to and I need to get on it to list BOD and Keep the Faith, just for starters.

I got into Invincible after Michael died and it was on heavy rotation, the whole album, but BOD was constant. Not so much nowadays although I do still love it.

In good spirit??? I will never not be immensely proud of this lol.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The fact that my unhinged, delusional ramblings can serve as a measure for how hot Michael is feels like the honor I've been waiting for my entire life. This is what I contribute to this thread!!! I don't have Hiker's gif making skills, or MM90's photo sleuthing, or Zinnia's stamina for bumping and posting, but my God ladies, I can be eviscerated by Michael in a millisecond and I am not shy to talk about it!!
And we love you for it. Not only is it useful, not only have you contributed a new measuring system to the language of, I dunno, maths? geology? hotness? something?

Anyway, you've contributed something to something and the world had better be grateful. But, also, you have contributed greatly to the gaiety of all nations. Truly, you have.

I have a new shorthand way of expressing myself and you better believe I am definitely grateful. Plus, this new measuring scheme, it's massively accurate. Boffins the world over no longer have to scratch their big old foreheads. Everyone is happy, lol.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

All I am imagining is Michael drenched in sweat and taking off his clothes... my mind is absent of any other thought 🥵🤯💦
I think she means SHE was sweating cos she's looking at Michael, in massive close-up, for reals, and she's getting all hot.

Sadly, the quote was given in isolation, we were not told where it came from so I can't pursue it. Naughty MJJC poster, always quote sources if you have them.

I'm just guessing. I think your wild imagination will come up with a far more 'interesting' scenario.

Of course he was. He was so adorable. Probably embarrassed, never seeming to understand that there was literally nothing the man could that wouldn't make everyone fall apart all around him. I love him so much for his shyness.

I am so envious of her. I want raw footage of all of this delivered to me in a little basket on my front step.
I'll see what I can do but I am only a lowly trainee undercover agent (and not a very good one). I am so far from the MM90 level. Don't hold your breath, lol.

I think she means SHE was sweating cos she's looking at Michael, in massive close-up, for reals, and she's getting all hot.
That makes the absolute most sense because idk how any human woman could be around him while he's dancing and not at the VERY LEAST sweat like an animal in heat... I was simply incapable of thinking of anything beyond Michael sweating through his clothing 🥵

Sadly, the quote was given in isolation, we were not told where it came from so I can't pursue it. Naughty MJJC poster, always quote sources if you have them.

I'm just guessing. I think your wild imagination will come up with a far more 'interesting' scenario.

I FOUND IT!

She starts talking about Michael at 15:51...it's unfortunately a fairly short discussion because the interviewer is trash lol. I want to know every single thing about that photoshoot and it kills me not to.

Also, I did not watch a single other moment of this interview, but it's probably interesting lol.

I FOUND IT!

She starts talking about Michael at 15:51...it's unfortunately a fairly short discussion because the interviewer is trash lol. I want to know every single thing about that photoshoot and it kills me not to.

Also, I did not watch a single other moment of this interview, but it's probably interesting lol.
Oh, I think your sleuthing skills are just fine. I couldn't even be bothered to try to find it.

I don't even know why I'm on the undercover training scheme. I did try to tell them I wanted to be on admin detail down in the archives but they won't have it. It's not even that I can't do a certain amount of sleuthing, it's more that I insist on following my own agenda and they don't know how to handle that. I can find stuff but it might not be the stuff I was asked to find and it messes up the seminar schedule.

Anyway. I'm going to listen to this.

She starts talking about Michael at 15:51...it's unfortunately a fairly short discussion because the interviewer is trash lol. I want to know every single thing ab
Oh, that was good. I'll def listen to the whole thing at some point. I don't like her work but it was interesting hearing her talk about her craft.

Putting this here because for me it's def Manhood. You all might know this but it was completely new to me. The shots of him being made up for Thriller photo shoot are just to die for. There is a shot of the Pepsi debacle but it's over very quickly, thank god. Also, you can hear Michael's voice which is always ...

... oh, I'll just leave that sentence unfinished.

Break of dawn! Have you heard this song! Oh my god! What lyrics and the way Michael sings it! I usually don't read lyrics, I just slowly discover them while listening, and that leads to these moments! I was totally blown away today when I finally deciphered the beginning! I don't have the words to express it, but it belongs to this thread!
I love that song as well, seriously the first time I heard it my jaw literally dropped lol I was just floored by how seductive he sounded in this I literally would be on the floor lol

I love that song as well, seriously the first time I heard it my jaw literally dropped lol I was just floored by how seductive he sounded in this I literally would be on the floor lol
Same. I heard it in the aftermath of him dying so it was all a bit weird. Feeling shocked and dazed by what had happened and yet discovering Invincible at the same time was intense (I didn't play the other albums all that much, only the songs I already knew).

I think Whatever Happens and BOD (WH is my fave Invincible track - in fact, one of my faves overall) blew me away more than any of the others. But, yeah, I think BOD just oozes ... well, let's just say this song does not need a video, lol.

Oh! Its 'feel the sweat', I got Hold my hand, don't you sweat, you got me nervous yet 😂
God! feel the sweat! I wonder where the inspiration for this song came from :unsure:. I wonder the same about In the Closet 😏

That takes me back to the quote from Michael Bush - Michael getting out of his sweaty clothes after the concert and into the bath! 😍(my imagination cannot stop here), then getting tucked into the bed, sleeping peacefully in 5 min. 🥰

yes! very appropriate reaction.

Back