Michael's Unreleased Material [MERGED]

I believe my brother just found the vocals for Bombay nights in a huge record/music collection he won at auction… it’s reel to reel and he says it visually looks similar to the copy of the instrumental ,label ,writing, look the same and I believe he said his says 1 of 2 on it while the instrumental says 2of 2…. Process begins of authentication asap.
You .mean Bombay night have vocals ?

I believe my brother just found the vocals for Bombay nights in a huge record/music collection he won at auction… it’s reel to reel and he says it visually looks similar to the copy of the instrumental ,label ,writing, look the same and I believe he said his says 1 of 2 on it while the instrumental says 2of 2…. Process begins of authentication asap.
I genuinely want proof of this because the song is said to not have vocals.

Last edited:
But it's an MJ sketch/outtake?
Most likely just a groove

$%28KGrHqR,%21hoFERZlKGlGBRJ+OmVlwg~~60_57.JPG

Most likely just a groove

$%28KGrHqR,%21hoFERZlKGlGBRJ+OmVlwg~~60_57.JPG
If someone transfers the multitracks and sends it to us, it'd be pretty interesting. Not to mention that it has no MJ vocals, so the sellers and traders have no excuse to be hoarding it. Plus it'd be the second time we'd hear an unfinished groove (outside "The Verdict," which was from the laptop leak).

I'm thinking, what if those songs have vocals? Korgnex said on the same post that Family Thing didn't have vocals but we know that this isn't the case. What if there are other vocals hidden around?

Yep, he was also selling other HIStory tracks like Evil Eye, Revenge and some others. None of them have vocals though.
1*D8_GAMOqyrSKDpmTKg-MzQ.jpeg
Let me take inventory for a second:

All of them are DAT tapes. Every description I give should not be taken as gospel, but rather a guesstimation of what's on the tapes. Order goes from bottom to top.

1. In the Closet - what I assume to be a reference DAT.
2. Too Bad Mix 8 - an alternate mix of 2Bad that may or may not have been used in the album.
3. This Time Around - Think it might be a session mixdown. May or may not have Biggie vocals.
4. Too Bad - Another session mixdown, probably.
5. Too Bad SSL Mix - dated March 20th, 1995.
6-7, 9, and 20. Four copies of Ask Rene 3 - possibly an unused idea for a new song. Michael most likely titled it that so Bruce Swedien. can...well...ask Rene Moore for his opinion on the groove.
8. In The Closet Caliope Mixes - mixes for ITC's video version, the one with the caliope solo in the end.
10. In The Closet Edits - edits made for the single and video versions.
11. This Time Around - A different mixdown, possibly.
12. Revenge - An unused idea for a new song.
13. Revenge Mix 2 - A different mix of the above tape.
14. Ask DD - Unknown. Dated April 8th, 1992.
15. The Best Thing - An unused idea for a new song.
16. This Time Around - Another mixdown of the song.
17. HIStory - Most likely a different mix.
18. Family Thing - An instrumental version of the song. Most likely used for MJ to review before adding his vocals.
19. "Michael Jackson" - Probably a song or perhaps some studio talk, or maybe just an untitled mix of either one of the unused ideas or a song from HIStory.
21. Ask Rene 3 Experimental Edit Mix - An edit and mix of AR3.
22. Rene and Loren - Most likely an unused song idea blocked out between Rene Moore and Bryan Loren.
23. Session DAT With Shaq - A mixdown of 2Bad with Shaquille O'Neal's rap added. Most likely taken from the session where he added his vocals.

That tape has no vocals and if you notice says reel 2 of 2…. The one my brother has says 1 of 2 .. vocals only… have not listened yet as far as I know.. only found it a couple days ago.
Being it the first tape doesn't mean it automaticly have vocal tracks on it.😉

Bombay Nights, what an odd title.
Could be just a working title.🤷‍♂️

Does Brian Viberts have any social media accounts btw?

Last edited:
If someone transfers the multitracks and sends it to us, it'd be pretty interesting. Not to mention that it has no MJ vocals, so the sellers and traders have no excuse to be hoarding it. Plus it'd be the second time we'd hear an unfinished groove (outside "The Verdict," which was from the laptop leak).
That tape has no vocals and if you notice says reel 2 of 2…. The one my brother has says 1 of 2 .. vocals only… have not listened yet as far as I know.. only found it a couple days ago.
Yeah, so nothing came of this? Love when a random guy says he has an unheard MJ song for clout.

Only one outtake from History era? Not cool 😳
There's more than a dozen. None of the remaining unreleased songs is in a releasable state though.

Morphine
Is It Scary
On The Line
Much Too Soon (Bruce Swedien Mix)
The Verdict (1994 version)
Faces
Revenge
Innocent Man
The Best Thing
Bombay Nights
Evil Eye
Ask Rene 3
Ask DD
Changes
Do You Know Where Your Children Are (rework)
In The Back
Willing and Waiting
Chicago 1945 (possibly reworked)

There's more than a dozen. None of the remaining unreleased songs is in a releasable state though.

Morphine
Is It Scary
On The Line
Much Too Soon (Bruce Swedien Mix)
The Verdict (1994 version)
Faces
Revenge
Innocent Man
The Best Thing
Bombay Nights
Evil Eye
Ask Rene 3
Ask DD
Changes
Do You Know Where Your Children Are (rework)
In The Back
Willing and Waiting
Chicago 1945 (possibly reworked)
No no no. Morphine is released

Back