MICHEL TELÓ - AI SE EU TE PEGO - somebody translate please

InvincibleEliza

Proud Member
Sex. What else could it be about?

The kind of cheap crap that today's music seems to be full of, and this song certainly isn't an exception. I swear to gawd, if I hear it one more time, I'll punch somebody.

For some reason it became really popular here in my amusing little joke of a country. You can pretty much hear it everywhere you go, which is really annoying.

Btw, I don't speak Portuguese either but it's not hard to figure it out.

EDIT: Though I'd google the English translation of the lyrics, just to be sure I'm right. Turns out, I was...

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/ai-se-eu-te-pego-ah-when-i-get-my-hands-you.html

Yup, cheap crap...

Last edited:
Sex. What else could it be about?

The kind of cheap crap that today's music seems to be full of, and this song certainly isn't an exception. I swear to gawd, if I hear it one more time, I'll punch somebody.

For some reason it became really popular here in my amusing little joke of a country. You can pretty much hear it everywhere you go, which is really annoying.

Btw, I don't speak Portuguese either but it's not hard to figure it out.

^Hehe, you really have the attitude of the man in your Avatar!

To answer the question...Although I've never listened to this song before (yes, it's true), I've found a link with the lyrics translated into English, so knock yourself out :)

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/ai-se-eu-te-pego-ah-when-i-get-my-hands-you.html

^^Thanks. I take that as a compliment!

And yeah, lol. I googled the translated lyrics and edited my post a couple of minutes before you posted the translated lyrics as well. Well, turns out I was write. The song itself sounds like a Portuguese version of a 'manea'. How can you not 'love' it, right? :lol:

^^Thanks. I take that as a compliment!

And yeah, lol. I googled the translated lyrics and edited my post a couple of minutes before you posted the translated lyrics as well. Well, turns out I was write. The song itself sounds like a Portuguese version of a 'manea'. How can you not 'love' it, right? :lol:

Perhaps that is the reason why it is so popular in our "whatdidyoucallit" country ;D
And, sorry, I haven't noticed your edit before I posted.

^^No prob. And yeah, that's most likely the reason why it's so popular here. I'm sure some equally stupid song will be popular next week or next month, and then another one, and so on.

Also, the fact that the general public here isn't very selective when it comes to the kind of music they listen to. They settle for any cheap and stupid song they're being shoved down their throat (via TV or radio) as being a 'hit'.

:D Well thank you.
I kinda guessed it wasn't a song of very deep meaning. But I like it and I'm sure it's gonna keep on playing all summer. And IMO there are more sh!tty songs out there. Like just about anything by Rhianna.

Back