MJ as Doctor Who?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
With the advent of the first black Doctor in the long running franchise Doctor Who, I think it'd be interesting to consider the time that Michael almost happened to be asked to become, "Doctor Who".

Interesting. Haven’t they all been British?

Interesting. Haven’t they all been British?
Ncuti Gatwa is British. Born in Rwanda, raised in Scotland. I don't know anything about him bc Dr Who doesn't interest me but he's been in the UK since he was 2. I would be surprised if he didn't have a UK passport. He's always described as British or Scottish in the press stuff I've seen.

H
Ncuti Gatwa is British. Born in Rwanda, raised in Scotland. I don't know anything about him bc Dr Who doesn't interest me but he's been in the UK since he was 2. I would be surprised if he didn't have a UK passport. He's always described as British or Scottish in the press stuff I've seen.
He's Rwandan-Scottish. Which is cool. @Agonum He's the fourth Scottish person to be the Doctor, though the third to use his authentic accent. David Tennant has been The Doctor twice over now, yet both times he's used a British accent.

Yes. I’m sorry, what I meant to say was: Haven’t they all been from the UK?

H

He's Rwandan-Scottish. Which is cool. @Agonum He's the fourth Scottish person to be the Doctor, though the third to use his authentic accent. David Tennant has been The Doctor twice over now, yet both times he's used a British accent.
Peter Capaldi is probably my favourite.

Yes. I’m sorry, what I meant to say was: Haven’t they all been from the UK?
No, you were right the first time. They have all been British. Ncuti G. is British but is doing it the modern way. Stressing his African heritage and putting that ahead of his Scottish roots. Making it richer. Which is great. His accent is very British rather than Scottish, though. Imo.

Last edited:
I'm glad this didn't happen. It wouldn't have worked. I think it would have been impossible to watch and not be completely pulled out of the whole storyline as you'd just be thinking "That's Michael Jackson in a TARDIS."

He didn't have the acting chops for it either.

Also, David Tennant is totally the best Doctor.

I rather enjoyed Matt Smith, too. And Rose Tyler has nice glottal stops.

Nothing wrong with Tennant, either. I thought he was quite alright. Haven’t seen anything from his second run, though. I stopped watching somewhere around 2012(?), not because it was bad in any way, but because it suddenly wasn’t as easily accessible for me here in Sweden. Where do you even stream it these days? Don’t tell me it’s that awful BBC Player! I saw a few specials available on Disney+, but that seemed to be it?

I rather enjoyed Matt Smith, too. And Rose Tyler has nice glottal stops.

Nothing wrong with Tennant, either. I thought he was quite alright. Haven’t seen anything from his second run, though. I stopped watching somewhere around 2012(?), not because it was bad in any way, but because it suddenly wasn’t as easily accessible for me here in Sweden. Where do you even stream it these days? Don’t tell me it’s that awful BBC Player! I saw a few specials available on Disney+, but that seemed to be it?
All of the content is on Tubi, HBO Ma, and Disney+, in the US anyway..not sure where in Sweden.

You're welcome. God forbid we see more of one of the best actors of his generation 🤣

Peter Capaldi is my second fave.
He is great. I love him. I just enjoy the rest of Doctor who as well, too many people unfortunately undersell the whole show.

Paul McGann is my personal fave though. I desperately want more of him.

All of the content is on Tubi, HBO Ma, and Disney+, in the US anyway..not sure where in Sweden.
No wonder I couldn’t find it. It seems to be completely unavailable in my neck of the woods. The only thing, is the aforementioned specials on Disney+.

Deplorable.

No wonder I couldn’t find it. It seems to be completely unavailable in my neck of the woods. The only thing, is the aforementioned specials on Disney+.

Deplorable.
Yeah, I'm realizing these streaming services be ineffective around the world.

It's people like you that got us two terms of David Tennant lol. I miss Peter Capaldi.
I think most actors who have played the Dr have been great. The writing after David Tennant took a nose dive and made it unwatchable in my opinion.

I enjoyed the new specials, though.

I think most actors who have played the Dr have been great. The writing after David Tennant took a nose dive and made it unwatchable in my opinion.

I love most of Matt Smiths era and all of Capaldi's era. I think Moffat was the best writer we've had. By no means perfect of course. RTD is not either, but he has different goals.

Chibnall and Jodie Whittaker, well I haven't even seen so I don't really know how bad they are. Any faults isn't her fault though.

I love most of Matt Smiths era and all of Capaldi's era. I think Moffat was the best writer we've had. By no means perfect of course. RTD is not either, but he has different goals.

Chibnall and Jodie Whittaker, well I haven't even seen so I don't really know how bad they are. Any faults isn't her fault though.
Yeah I didn't say it was. Writing was bad for her as well.

Deplorable.
It's also available on Prime Video (And Pluto TV for free) in some of the European countries. But if you have a VPN I think BBC iPlayer is worth trying considering they have (almost) everything Doctor Who, including great documentaries, making-of etc.

Or Britbox for the classic series.

Isn’t Moffat still helming it?

It's also available on Prime Video (And Pluto TV for free) in some of the European countries. But if you have a VPN I think BBC iPlayer is worth trying considering they have (almost) everything Doctor Who, including great documentaries, making-of etc.

Or Britbox for the classic series.
It’s a shame I live in an underdeveloped country. And that I don’t use a VPN, I suppose.

I felt quite bad for the flak Jodie Whittaker got but to be fair it was never going to work , she is a great actress , seen her in a few other things but Dr Who was not the right move. Too fast , too soon even for this day and age. Not sure how MJ would have gone down as a Dr Who, possible i guess as we have a black Dr now but American no.

MJ himself was mentioned a couple of times in Doctor Who content:

And here's a cool fan made video with Thriller starting at 0:44...

Back