MJ, the most versatile artist and entertainer ever!

barbee0715;4138442 said:
I find it really interesting that Michael did so well with "I Can't Stop Loving You" in Spanish, when he just learned it phonetically. The last time I listened to it, you can even hear him roll his "Rs". It seems to be effortless to him. The French version sounds quite beautiful too.

Of course, I love the English-language version of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You.” This song, to me, ranks very highly up there, vocally-wise (in all of its different, various versions - either studio or LIVE, in any one of the three languages in which it was recorded - especially, in what turned out to be his final version, which I strongly believe was his best) with such beautiful songs as “Human Nature” and “The Lady in My Life.” His guest vocals on Barry Gibb’s song, “All in Your Name,” were amazing, too, at the time he recorded them. Listen to the part when Michael sung the rest of it alone, and his voice kept going up increasingly higher, towards the end. WOW!!!

Speechless’ ” great A Cappella opening and closing parts, as well as the main portion of the song, sounded quite beautiful, with a very brief snippet shown in “This Is It,” when Michael proved that he still had his abilities at his mature age, abilities that he never really lost. Perhaps, what I would consider one of the greatest (if not the greatest) of Michael’s vocal performances, of ALL time, is “Butterflies.” The whole, entire, complete song is just absolutely magnificent, from beginning to end, especially, its second half, when Michael sang mainly in his Upper Register, putting it to great use.

As for his ability to sing “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” in both Spanish and French (despite his not having been a fluent speaker of either language, nor any other one that most people would know of outside of English, for that matter), I believe that his pronunciation of words was very good. One of the most difficult things for many English speakers (especially, the majority of American-born ones) to do is to “roll” the letter “R,” particularly, when it’s not part of the natural speech nor the pronunciation - what some call “phonation” - of words. As difficult as proper Spanish (Español) pronunciation is to learn, French (Français) is even more difficult.

You have pointed out, that Michael may have learned the translated versions of his lyrics phonetically. Since he was never a fluent speaker of either language, this was likely true. As with his dance routines, his singing skills, and other aspects of him as an entertainer, he easily picked up, studied and learned whatever he had been taught, and native speakers of those languages (or, someone who might not have been, but who had also learned how to speak, over a period of time) have taught him very well.

Last edited:
The thing that to this day separates MJ from other artist was his drive to constantly try something new and master a new skill.
Every popular artist today (and some from the past) finds what works for them and they stick to it no matter what, and as a result they never grow as an artist let alone have even an ounce of impact on the music industry.

Michael was never afraid to do something new, and as a result he had unparalleled impact on the music industry.
To this day just about every artist you can think of looks to Michael for inspiration, and as a result they hope to have at least one fourth of the success Michael had.

Michael is the measuring stick for all other artist, and judging by the amount of people that cite MJ as an inspiration I'm not sure if any other artist in music history (except people like Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach) has had as much impact and influence on the music industry (and the world) as Michael. :)

Hello, new to this forum, I am a life long MJ fan. I can't get out of my head that I know a music video exist in which Michael Jackson walks on the street in the dark, keys jingling and he is whistling a tune. Does anyone know which song/video this is? Please help.

Hello, new to this forum, I am a life long MJ fan. I can't get out of my head that I know a music video exist in which Michael Jackson walks on the street in the dark, keys jingling and he is whistling a tune. Does anyone know which song/video this is? Please help.

Is it Billie jean, The Way you Make me Feel, or Who is it?

Keys jingling and whistling a tune? I don't recall any short film with that in it. Do you know what era it's from?

huh??????

Around what time would this have been? First thing that came to mind was that L.A. Gear street commercial, but there's no jingling keys and he doesn't wistle a tune lol..

The walking on the street,keys jingling sounds like a part in Moonwalker,not sure about the whistle.....is that where you are getting it from?

The walking on the street,keys jingling sounds like a part in Moonwalker,not sure about the whistle.....is that where you are getting it from?

in what part of Moonwalker were there keys jingling?

I would love to see more of his drawings and paitings. Are they available somewhere?

I also can't help but wonder about the movies he would've made. He always said he wanted to direct movies.

Back