Mj Whit Invicible cd cover rare ????

MJ_Fan7

Proud Member
Hi there =)

Is Michael's White Invincible cd cover rare or the other
Coulors rare too also ???? Thank's =)

From MJ_Fan7,

The white cover is the actual standard artwork for the album and is by far the most common. The other colours are rarer I suppose but it's extremely easy to find them online for cheap on Ebay etc.

HIStoric;4109679 said:
The white cover is the actual standard artwork for the album and is by far the most common. The other colours are rarer I suppose but it's extremely easy to find them online for cheap on Ebay etc.

I suppose the silver cover is the most common one.

But, I am really curious if there is any official & reliable resource which says that the other four colors of ‘Invincible’ were printed in fewer copies.

mj_frenzy;4109688 said:
I suppose the silver cover is the most common one.

But, I am really curious if there is any official & reliable resource which says that the other four colors of ‘Invincible’ were printed in fewer copies.

Well weren't they only printed around the time of release? Usually stuff like that only is...

In his 2001 online audio chat with Getmusic, Michael said he thought the other four colors of Invincible were "limited edition", which would mean they were printed in fewer copies.

7:05-7:59
Anthony: Now we have a question from Holland, uh, Femka from Holland writes, "I love the special editions from Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous." She loves you. And asks, "Why does Invincible... Why will Invincible be coming out in different colors?
Michael: Because we wanted the fans to have some fun with it and collect them and, uh... It's a, uh, a Limited Edition, I think. And, uh, there's albums that I love and I will buy them 5 times, even though I have the same cover. Like, 5 times 'cause I love that album so much. So, imagine if they did a different color or just changed the color, I would buy it 5 more times. We just wanted the fans to have some fun with the pictures and with the colors and... Just to try something a little different. That's why we did it.

Well weren't they only printed around the time of release? Usually stuff like that only is...

At the time of its release, I found it extremely easy (in Greece) to choose any color I wanted.

So, personally I cannot answer this question unless official information is provided.

In his 2001 online audio chat with Getmusic, Michael said he thought the other four colors of Invincible were "limited edition", which would mean they were printed in fewer copies.

7:05-7:59

Thanks for the quote.

I understand that, but this exact statement (that the four colors were meant to be a limited edition) could have easily been a publicity stunt.

Also, the fact that MJ sounded a bit unsure about his own record left me wondering.

Yeah, the different colours wouldn't have been nothing more than a stunt... I mean the only reason to print different colours would really be to get the more hardcore fans to buy up extra copies would it not? Everyone else would just buy the colour they wanted and leave it at that. If the colour wasn't available, they'd would just buy the normal cover nbd.

Anyways, I think an easy way to solve this would be has anyone seen a brand new sealed coloured copy of the album in stores in the past few years? Everytime I've seen it it's been the white/silver one.

Yeah, the different colours wouldn't have been nothing more than a stunt... I mean the only reason to print different colours would really be to get the more hardcore fans to buy up extra copies would it not? Everyone else would just buy the colour they wanted and leave it at that. If the colour wasn't available, they'd would just buy the normal cover nbd.

Anyways, I think an easy way to solve this would be has anyone seen a brand new sealed coloured copy of the album in stores in the past few years? Everytime I've seen it it's been the white/silver one.

Unlike you, I have seen different colors in the past few years, so, I think this theory could do more harm than good to that question (which colors are the rarest). Also, I think this is not the case because buyers for their own reasons (personal taste, etc.) merely opted for one or another color.

In my view, that specific marketing strategy (the four colors which probably aimed at the hardcore fans) could not have significantly boosted its sales. In my opinion, hardcore fans constitute a specific target group of certain buying demand which, for the most part, can be easily predicted.

Was the cover actually different color or did it only have cardboard sleeve?

Unlike you, I have seen different colors in the past few years, so, I think this theory could do more harm than good to that question (which colors are the rarest). Also, I think this is not the case because buyers for their own reasons (personal taste, etc.) merely opted for one or another color.

In my view, that specific marketing strategy (the four colors which probably aimed at the hardcore fans) could not have significantly boosted its sales. In my opinion, hardcore fans constitute a specific target group of certain buying demand which, for the most part, can be easily predicted.

Oh I didn't want to know what colours are the rarest, I just wanted to know if anyone had seen any of the non-white colours in a store in the past few years at all. If you've seen them in stores, surely that means they must've been printed for a while...

I couldn't see this strategy boosting sales numbers either. Even back when I was way more hardcore about MJ, a different colour cover wouldn't have persuaded me to spend another $20 when it comes with nothing different.

I don't know the last time I saw a green Invincible cover.. or orange!! Most often see white and once once once and a while run into a red or blue...

That tells us enough!! White one is very common.

I wanted orange couldn't find that one in Cambridge. I did see blue, red ,silver white, and green once

So brought red ,white/silver, and blue

Back